Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4179064 - 10/08/15 04:14 PM The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well we are only a few forays into the wasteland that is Mordheim. To some its the curse of petty gods. To others its a test. For me, its a gift. For I have discovered the lords of Chaos and the destruction and desecration brought to Mordheim surely is sign that the dark gods are returning.

I have increased the size of my Warband by one, and the extra hands surely will prove useful against the horrors and other warbands that can be encountered here. My crew are gaining experience. Hopefully soon, they will be more than petty food for the dark gods and will bow to me as I gain favour with the unholy (or they just come along for the ride as I pay them a whack of gold for some cuts and bruises).

So the dark lord has requested a shipment of wyrdstones, and I have managed for fulfil that quota and I have despatched the shipment for his appeasement. Now, in between erands, the spoils will be mine, so I take my Warband once again into the demolished city to pilfer the secrets and bounty that lay within.

We enter into the merchants quarter where our scouts have revealed a rival Warband in the vicinity. We know not of who they are, but they are heading to a spotted location of wyrdstones. We must beat them to the bounty, and the less of them that leave alive, THE BETTER !!!!

The deployed Warband. In the background is our carriage. This can be looted so we must take care. But I care not for the wagon. My intent is to rush all forward to the located wyrdstones and defend them at all cost.

Eldbert is on his way, but what the hell happened to the tower in the background, what defilement has taken over this city

First sight of the other Enemy - the Sisters of Signum. They have beaten us to the wyrdstones. No matter, I will prize them from their corpses - FOR CHAOS !!!! ONE!! Cough spit gurgle !!!!

The first of the hairy maidens has fallen, my ambush is working well. Others are quickly rushing into the fray. I must be careful, be tactical. These women love steroids and have a nasty swing. My archer in support should help put a hole or two in them.

In the meantime, Eldbert decided to rush in. Screaming puny humans, he besieges the enemy. Unfortunately he is quickly surrounded and defeated. Knocked out of the battle, its up to the rest of the warband to avenge their leader. Geeze I hope they are loyal. Unfortunately in all the commotion of loosing Eldbert to some brutal punishment, I forgot to take screenies.

My hero does well, knocking a foe to her knees. We are chaos, we hit women and we also hit them whilst they are down.

Whilst beating the helpless women in the background, my compassionate henchman gathers the wyrdstones in the foreground

Not content with just bashing a helpless victim, as we are chaos, we decide to use teamwork in bashing the helpless victim. they quickly fall now, unable to defeat the ambush. Despite rapidly loosing my leader, the Warband did exceptionally well.

After this initial forray, we did not see the rest of the enemy. It seems the hapless bashing of their troops scared off the emeny as they ran screaming out of the gates of Mordheim. Muuuuwaahahahahahaha

To finish off, Eldbert made it back to the warband. Miraculously, even though defeated in battle, he has come out only with light bruising and can once again command the warband into another journey to Mordheim. The gods will be pleased!

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 10/08/15 06:01 PM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4179281 - 10/09/15 12:45 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Allaire Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent

AR, USA
The Sisters live on The Rock.

Silent enim legēs inter arma.

Cave canem, te necet lingendo.
#4179360 - 10/09/15 08:06 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Great map, thanks !!!!!

Fighterops...

#4179790 - 10/10/15 02:16 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
YOu have a way with Wymen

[Linked Image]
#4179921 - 10/10/15 07:44 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Yes, they do !!!! Things were different in those days neaner

-----------------------------------------------------

After the last mission, Eldbert had acquired some skill points to spend. Also our shipment to the Darkgods was received and in return we were rewarded with a boon of gold. So with the skill points and new founded riches, Eldbert paid the keep to his warband and decided what to study at the School of Chaos.

After looking at what he could learn and afford, Eldbert looked at the last mission and realised that a warband routing or loosing morale is a serious problem that could easily loose a battle even if the battle is evenly matched. So with this knowledge, Eldbert heads off to begin schooling on a skill that improves the loyalty and dedication of his warband. It must be a new deodorant or something because they just want to be next to him.

Learning skills however takes game days. And as Eldbert is the Warband leader, the warband could not go into action for those two days. Luckily, the dark gods do not have an assignment he needs to fulfil quickly.

With skill now learnt, and armpits smelling better, Eldbert shuffles the warband and fills it with the most skilled warriors he has to choose from (some of those warriors have been out of action for injuries but all are now healed and available.) This poses an interesting mechanic. Do you try to round all or your men by rotating the skilled with the non skilled or do you skill quickly a constant selection of men but your reserves remain low ranked. Its a hard decision.

Warband is chosen, armaments given out, we are ready once again to head into and face the dangers in Mordheim.

The deployment has not gone well. In the residential district, we thought we were alone and the warband was spread out pilfering what we could find. However an enemy warband had spotted us and they approach us as a group intent on our demise. This is not the best start. my warband scattered against a formed enemy. Eldbert needed to regroup his team quickly before they could be picked apart and destroyed as separate entities.

Luckily for us, we weren't as spread out as I thought. Though we were located inside (upstairs and downstairs) and around the perimeter of a large stately home. This could prove troublesome as I am not sure where the attackers are coming from and I have no idea if Eldbert can get his troops rallied into a defendable position in time. Eldbert behind a window (great for archers) wondering where the hell to go

My Hero Liefried, downstairs near the main entrance, I need him outside, I need to get a look at the situation. He is my strongarm and tip of the spear, so to speak.

On moving outside I am graced by the dark lords with a stroke of luck. Liefrieds perception spotted 3 enemy warband members - A rival faction of CHAOS!!! Hell no, they will not get the favour of the dark lords over me.... Put them to DEATH !!.

This is good and bad news. Bad news first. They are close... too close, this means a hasty defence and I have not much time to gather my scattered troops into a defence position. The good news. I know the enemy is grouped, therefore they should all come from the one direction and I now know what that is. I can now formulate a plan (albeit a hasty one)

Well the gods are smiling on me again. I have lucked out in terrain. There is a stone wall to the Manor I was in and it has only a few entrance points on the side the enemy is approaching. This will cause natural chokepoints. A few men can halt the advance of the enemy here, whilst the rest of my warband runs into position. This will need to be done quick, I don't have much time. Eldbert and a henchman get into position to guard this entrance. They are both on Ambush stance, so anyone coming in, my characters will automatically run at them and engage.

The main gap through the stone wall and this is where I estimate the first encounter to happen. Two henchmen on ambush stance guarding this gate whilst a 3rd in the foreground has managed to make it and look towards a small gap in the wall out of shot. My defence is building. Its not all roses though. In rushing my men to position, I know the enemy has seen us. They surely must know its a trap. its now a game of cat an mouse. Will they call our bluff or alter their tactics due to seeing my men deploy?

My archer who was deep inside the Manor, scurried along the top floor wasting valuable time looking for a sniping spot. None looked workable, so he has given up the cover of surprise to perch in the open to guard an entrance through the stone wall. The archer is on overwatch (so even if its not his turn - any enemy that enters his kill zone will automatically be fired upon.) The enemy are coming from the alley directly ahead in the centre of the shot.

Best laid plans. But know we know how this will unfold. Even though my men are covering the gates on ambush stance. Stealthy characters can be a pain. Especially for one henchmen who missed the enemy version of Eldbert (but brandishing a big skull crushing hammer) sneaking around the corner of the wall and smashing the henchman with a convincing blow. Gotta get his eyes checked. A second enemy appears rapidly (an opposite of my hero class), and pounds another convincing blow. Not a great start but I have this gate covered. NOW ITS MY TURN !!

A third has entered the main gate, but this time my henchman pounces on him, my ambush is taking hold ! In the picture my guy is about to try and dodge a blow from the enemy.

I gank 3 to one on the Eldbert enemy clone and he succumbs and is knocked out of the battle (but not after dealing some nasty damage), But another has joined and we still have to deal with these two.

Meanwhile at the other side of the same gap in the wall - these two are trading blows, no outright winner hear and I start thinking my henchman may need some back up. In the background my archer (whose overwatch position was useless in this battle) has jumped off his perch and snuck behind the two warriors fighting to plink away at targets of opportunity close range.

Eldbert and a henchman after defeating the enemy warband leader in the main fight, disengages to help out the solo henchman and the archer in taking out the enemy lone combatant. The lone combatant is now totally tied up and my archer switches gaze back to the main battle to plink away at the remaining enemy.

Eldbert delivering the final blow that takes this one out of the fight. Now back into the fray !!

After defeating the earlier enemy, Eldbert still has enough action points to re-engage two enemy from the main fight. Eldbert is pissed and he is on a warpath !!! The two enemy is the bald headed guy with the club and the guy with the pointed hat. However, center bottom of screen, you will notice that one of my henchmen has been defeated and lies on the floor.

An almost eye view from my archer whilst he attacks the enemy which are oblivious to him and tied up in melee combat.

The bald headed enemy is still standing but I have him surrounded 2 to 1. Eldbert is holding his own with the yellow pointy headed guy. But its not quite 1 on 1 as my archer is causing him some grief. Out of shot an enemy has fled from battle and is running around the wall back towards my archer.

A devastating blow from my henchman on the bald enemy. The big axe isn't that accurate. But when it hits.... Ohhhhh YES!

My henchman takes a try at the yellow pointy hat person with a big skull crusher hammer With Eldbert joining in on the fun. At this point I am hastily reposition troops to try and tie up the enemy. For they are not all yet in battle and I am unsure why.

My archer going for a shot on pointy hat man

The tide has definitely turned. My hero deals a finishing blow. Then quickly spins and finishes off pointy hat man behind him.

The other enemy team, obviously disheartened by the loss of their leader and some of their men, have fled the battle scene without even engaging me. I have no idea why they did no join the fight. Whatever tactic they were using did not work, and I am the victor with only one man down.

So here is the after math of the battle. A description to what happened to each character of mine and what they gained from that battle.

Here is Eldbert sheet. Most valuable warrior for his blind rage warpath.

My henchment

Dude, what the heck is going on with your chest !!!!!!!!!

Now here is something I was stunned about and really pleased with. This shows the nature of the persistence to your characters in this game and the grim realities of each battle and the questions and choices it can pose.

My downed warrior survived the battle and made it back to my warband. Surprisingly with all his belongings in tact. HOWEVER !!!!!!!!!

The battle did not leave my warrior unscathed and he has received a mutilation to his hand. Take a look at his hand, he has lost two fingers !!!!!!!

This character, though gaining some useful experience from the battle helping towards levelling up, he will have now a permanent disability in combat (plus out of action for 5 days to stitch the hand together and let it heal with two fingers less). So, do I keep him and the experience he has gained so far, or do I kick him out of the warband, loose the experience and replace him with a fresh newbie. If I get rid of him I wont have to pay for his treatment and I will not have a man I can't pick for 5 days......

What a great mechanic. What a great surprise !!!!

Some loot from the mission.

Overall, despite a maimed member, it was a resounding success..... The gods will be pleased.

Fighterops...

#4180118 - 10/11/15 08:51 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Very entertaining.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Eldbert's merry band of murderous chaos worshippers' adventures.

yep

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4180483 - 10/12/15 12:39 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well I have another one coming up shortly..... FOR CHAAAAAOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!

Fighterops...

#4180540 - 10/12/15 02:15 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well Last time we left you, we had a decision to make.

Poor old Neziel, suffered mutilation to his hand. He lost two fingers giving him a permanent detriment to his melee and ranged skills. Also would have to spend 5 days out of action plus the cost of the treatment.

Even though he is still level 0, he has some raised attributes from learning on previous missions. Having a big think, I decided to let him go and replace him with a novice henchmen. This way I will not be a man down for 5 days in my reserve tank. However, I had to pay his treatment cost and his cost for the days outing before I could let him go. Since when did the powers of chaos introduce human resource management ? Grrrrrr. Good buy Naziel, your claim to riches with our warband is over but you have a little "handy" token to remember us by.... Eldbert chuckles at the joke as the kick him out the door. We are Chaos after all thumbsup

The Warband ready to go. I have chosen two archers and fitted them with melee as well. The mutation (eye on the chest) of my hero gives him a few bonuses. However, he is now short of armour as well, they eye won't see. But hey, its looks good huh?

Something I haven't shown before is the mission selection screen. Here you can see available missions or you can pay some gold to send out a scout to see if another mission can be found.

Deployment screen. We have been scattered again and we are being hunted by a rival Warband. However this time the enemy Warband is divided hunting for us. Good and bad points. Good for hopefully my divided members won't get ganked by a largely superior force. Bad is, that I have no idea when and where the enemy will come from and they can come from multiple locations.

Map screen I haven't shown before you can bring up in game. Blue icons are my items and I am shown the enemy wagon position at the very top centre of the screen in red. I am not in contact with any enemy yet, so I cannot see on the map any enemy icons apart from the their wagon. My plan is to rush all men to the green Wyrdstone icons to the bottom left of the map. There is a wall there to help my defense, and if I can collect the stones, that is very good for me.

Eldbert with his high initiative goes first and makes it in to the stones. He set up in ambush mode waiting for anything whilst his members arrive.

Next is Brunbeins turn, further away he cannot make it, and positions half way.

Next is Marus my other Archer. Initially positioned inside a house he is also a long way away but makes a dash for it. But on moving to the objective Marus gets first view of the enemy !!! Another enemy CHAOS faction. You think they would have learned from the way we defeated to previous lot.

Now its time to move herrick who was near Marus. However maruk spots from another direction another enemy to Marus's left. (centre screen top far in the distance). this has me thinking now. Not to mention, herrick spots another member behind him, making a total of 3. This isn't good. I don't think I can make my defence position. Its a hasty retreat to herrick, for this is where the battle will happen.

Another henchman sets up in ambush hidden out of view around a corner. This should halt one of the enemy getting to Herrick and Marus.

Meanwhile Eldbert who is busy gathering Wyrdstones will have to stop what he is doing and get back to Herrickas quickly as possible. I am a little caught out here. He cannot make it exactly to where I want him to be so I set up in ambush stance to try and block anything unseen coming from a different direction.

My archer on overwatch successfully spots and hits the enemy warband leader with a good blow as he approaches. The enemy warband leader tries to cast a spell, but it backfires and he is hit with a dumbfounding effect and he runs off behind the stone wall. Meanwhile Herrick repositions in Ambush stance to cover the direction of the other enemy approaching from straight ahead. In ambush stance, Herrick should intercept anyone in this direction before they reach Marus my archer.

My other archer makes it to a good spot and sees a good overwatch perch up high. The fool slips on climbing and takes some damage but manages to make it on his second attempt and sets up overwatch over our friendly warband below.

Another successful overwatch as an archer shoots and incoming enemy. My hero is there in ambush for if he gets too close to the archer. And as he approaches, my hero sprigs into life attacking the enemy with a dutiful blow. the enemy counter-attacks for a painful blow to my hero . But he is tied up and my archer is free to continue putting holes in people.

Two enemies now in close range. I put two of my men onto one target and hope to tie up the other one later.

My archer up high successfully spots and hits the enemy warband leader. In dong so, he has given away his position and the enemy has run around the back of the perch and climbed up hell bent on attacker the archer. You can see the arrow going through the enemy leaders torso.

Eldbert manages to regroup and joins the battle and ties up the other combatant from the earlier picture and deals him a nice blow. Feeling cocky eldbert tries some magic which backfires leaving Eldbert short of action points to make his second attack. Bugger !!

Meanwhile next to Eldbert my two henchman are still double teaming the enemy warrior with some good hits.

Unfortunately Here is where I make a crucial mistake. The enemy warband leader has engaged my archer on the perch. Instead of changing to melee weapons, my plan is to disengage combat jump down and tie up the jump down spot so the enemy could not follow. However upon disengaging from battle, the warband leader's action ring covered completely the jump down spot. So my tactic was perfectly defeated by the enemy using the exact same tactic...... My archer, now without any action or movement points cannot go into a dodge stance nor change weapons and on the next turn suffers a crushing blow that takes him out of the match.

Meanwhile on the ground, herricks overwatch protecting the archer on the ground works and he springs into action engaging the incoming enemy.

Whilst this is happening, the enemy which I double teamed, failed a morale check giving my two characters a free hit. With this he is down which puts us even in terms of men.

This leaves a lone henchman free for bashing and eldbert and a henchman have some fun.

Its action stations everywhere with separate skirmishes happening. Herrick delivers a handy blow.

Back to Eldberts fight now and Eldbert lands a crucial blow stunning the opponent to his knees. Not engaged in combat my hero loots a dead corpse and then attention is switched to the enemy warband leader standing over the body of my defeated archer.

Eldbert and my hero Disengages from the stunned enemy and that leaves my henchman to deliver the final blow.

Eldbert joins a henchman to double team the lone enemy whilst my hero stands in ambush mode protecting the fight against an incoming enemy.

My archer aiming for a shot on the enemy warband leader.

My hero springs into action with a flurry of blows from both sides

Meanwhile Eldbert finishes off the enemy and shortly after the enemy warband leader fails a routing check and flees leaving us victorius again with one member down. This could have been avoided but I made a silly decision.

So skipping the character sheets its time to see the fate of my archer, who really did cop a hell of a flogging and put up zero resistance. The initial screen gives me some hope as he made it back to the Warband with all his equipment intact.

My hope is short lived as my archer has suffered a nasty blow to the head, shattering his jaw !!. He will be out for 3 days and the disability of the jaw reduces permanently stats to magic casting and leadership.... Ouch, I am going to have to feed him through a straw now..>>

So, lets pose a question to those reading this AAR. Marus has already attained level 1. Would you keep him or disband him for a level 0 character. Thoughts on a postcard.

Fighterops...

#4180668 - 10/12/15 06:10 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Allaire Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent

AR, USA
What stat differences would there be between him and a 0 level?

#4180715 - 10/12/15 07:46 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Marus has increased skills in ballistics and alertness. He also has been awarded another point to spend in the mental category from this last encounter.

Spell casting wise, unsure if archers get spells, presently he has no acquired spell points. If so, would you be worried over a 5% penalty?

Leadership is a different matter. Not entirely sure if leadership skill of characters is taken over the whole warband or if it goes just from the warband leader. But routing is a problem, and over the last few matches I have learned that leadership is a very important skill.

So I am unsure if the penalties on this character for the jaw are actually of much concern. It won't affect his archery ability or mêlée.

[edit]. Forgot to mention, that I have been given another hero slot and IIRC a new type of hero to choose from. So I may post the choices up to see what people fancy. Either way, my warriors in battle will increase by one more member

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 10/12/15 07:53 PM.

Fighterops...

#4180839 - 10/13/15 01:43 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Allaire Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent

AR, USA
If it holds true to TT then if he's close to the leader he should use the leader's LD score. Also in TT the unit would have to be able to take academic skills and you would need a spell book for him. I couldn't find anything for the game though.

Honestly I would keep him since the LD penalty isn't that bad since he has a BS increase.

#4180914 - 10/13/15 08:45 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
I would keep him, too. The penalty for casting seems to be a non-issue for an archer and the decreased leadership could be mitigated by keeping him near the warband leader. The BS increase OTOH is quite essential for a ranged class.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4180933 - 10/13/15 11:00 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Don't know the game and it's mechanics, but the loss in leadership may even be beneficial, if it makes him flee before he gets severly injured in similar situations as this last battle - when he get's into a melee situation he should either have company (with better leadership) or just run and blame the leader smile

#4181272 - 10/13/15 10:16 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

The unfortunate side of that WhoCares, is if a character fails a morale check and flees, he gives a free attack to anyone engaged with him. Of course, they may miss but its not a good situation to flee unintentionally.

An enemy in my last battle received 2 hits from my henchman when he fled. That killed him.

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 10/13/15 10:27 PM.

Fighterops...

#4181899 - 10/15/15 02:27 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

I'd still tend to keep him, and be it just as reserve when the next "main" archer gets injured - as long as there are no limits on reserve size and/or prohibitive costs.

Btw. were those other warbands that you fought in the last two battles under player control or AI?

#4182116 - 10/16/15 12:26 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

I am playing the campaign mode against AI.

But i can, if i choose, play my warband against other humans, but i think i need better skills before i offer up my fodder.

Fighterops...

#4183006 - 10/18/15 11:30 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well, as everyone thinks we should keep the archer, Eldbert has granted mercy on his pitiful soul and he is allowed to continue with the warband... (his archery and melee skill was not affected anyway). Though no-one understands a word he mumbles through that smashed jaw.

Anyway, moving on. Eldberts accomplishments in Mordheim has brought him reputation. From this we can recruit a second hero on the battlefield. However from lands afar another soul we currently do not have in our warband offers his services. He is far more expensive than other units. But that is ok, we saved money by using cheap medical practitioners on the archers jaw.

This guy sounds perfect on the field. He is a pure bruiser, a maniac, a Wildman. He comes from lands of horrors and is not upset by them. So meet Birger the marauder.

His set of skills are that he will always fight to the death, he will never flee and he will never fail an "all alone" check.

Downsides to him is that he is such a maniac, once in combat even if Edbert wishes, this crazed individual can't retreat from a battle to reposition to a better spot. So I will have to be careful, as he can be easily tied in combat leaving him immobile for strategic placement.

Bonus's and challenges, this is what he brings. And with mutations at level 1, 5, 10 I can't wait to see how the warp overtakes him

Fighterops...

#4183066 - 10/18/15 03:59 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Potential spoiler alert

With my new maniac in the Warband, we decided to check out the skills of the characters. They are gaining skill points now which can be spent (with gold) to gain perks or special abilities. Eldbert is first on my list, I want a spell for him and my henchmen can get some good things too. But the problems are that it costs a lot of cash which I don't have. I have a pile of Wrydstones I have collected over the last few missions and I have decided to send them to the black pit of the Dark lord for he will surely grace my palms with the gold I need for this bounty. So the shipment is sent, but it will take 2 days game time to get there. Until then, it will be business as usual, scavenging Mordheim in the name of Chaos.

So its off to available missions, and all that is available is a storyline mission which is now ranked normal (I am guessing my warband rank increased due to the inclusion of my new warrior) and other missions which are all ranked hard or above.

Not too happy with what is available, I pay 6 gold to send a scout out for another mission. He returns with another hard difficulty mission. SO against my better judgement I decide to take on the storyline mission. I have inexperienced members, what could possibly go wrong...

The prologue to the storyline. We are up against the sisters of sigmar. We have battled them before, but this time, we are taking the fight to the heart of their temple. And we will defile it in the name of Chaos.

However, when the game loads I am presented with this new ruleset. I am gobsmacked at the rules for this mission and I realise that I really could do with some levelled up men..... I try to quit, but the game won't let me. Eldbert and the warband are in this now.... to whatever end.

Loving the new side trimmings to the War-wagon, Eldbert opens the chest to retrieve the unholy relic which is needed to defile this place. We must please the gods.

Meanwhile, this is Merga. She is normally is not present on my missions. But this mission needs her to defile the certain elements of the temple. She is strong.... its good to have a powerful character.

Unfortunately though, my warband is split. Merga and 2 henchmen are located on the south side of the temple and Eldbert and the rest of the warband are located on the north. I am not liking the split of the warband, however merga + 2 henchmen should be enough to get the job done.... hopefully. Merga runs around the building and pauses at an entrance to the side of the temple. She can see her first enemy and her first objective, the well. The enemy must fall to allow Merga to defile this area.

Meanwhile in the northern side of the Temple, the warband has detected a trap right in front of the main entrance. So we set up an assault from the sides of the main door avoiding the trap. I want to get this done as quick as possible. My archer overwatches the entrance as my new hero and old hero set up an ambush stance at the doors entrance to guard it whilst Eldbert and the team get into position.

Back on the south side the henchmen accompanying Merga get into position.

North side things are happening as my archer sees an enemy running out the main door, he launches a good strike with an arrow. At the same time, my new hero in ambush stance springs into action bloodying his weapons for the first time. My other hero takes this opportunity to run behind the enemy for a nasty hit.

Eldbert not enjoying the look of the arrow through her head, decides to get into the action. 3 against 1, Eldbert likes these odds and she is quickly felled. He then springs into the temple to get a glimpse of what to do next. However eldbert stops short as he sees a heavily armoured foe at the alter in the distance. Eldbert does not want to face off against her.

Meanwhile Merga see the enemy dash towards her and leaps into action. Merga deals some fantastic blows and receives a few too, but easily downs the opponent. She set up next to the fountain objective (1 of 2) waiting for the henchmen to reach her side.

An unseen foe, pounces out of the shadows and deals a blow to merga who gives a devastating counter attack for huge damage.

Back inside the temple, as the warband floods in, the archer takes a pot shot at the lady at the alter but unfortunately misses. At the same time, an unseen enemy runs from a hiding place and engages with my new fealess hero. He certainly is getting a workout today.

At the same time the henchmen start arriving to help out Merga

Another enemy inside the hall tries for the archer but is bounced upon by a henchman. and the warband rushes in to support

Another enemy down, we have taken some hits. But we are dominating well. We still can't be slow about this enemy re-inforcements will be on the way. The second enemy falls in rapid succession.

With that Eldbert with the relic of the dark gods, sets about his work defiling the temple. There are 6 statues he has to work on. 3 on each side of the hall. Eldbert quickly in one turn defiles one side of the hall. This has put him close to the lady at the alter who still remains still, but we keep a good eye on her and we move men in to guard Eldbert.

At the same time Merga defiles her well. The other one will need her to cross the temple to the garden on the other side. This will be the first time the two parties meet as one.

On crossing the temple, Merga's team spots an enemy guarding the other well. Merga holds back as she has taken some hits and my new hero runs over to take the strain and engages with good blows. A huge exchange takes place and the enemy warrior downs my new hero...... NOOOOoooo !!!!!! Merga seeing the fallen comrade takes the opportunity to spring into action and takes what life was left of the enemy.

Things start taking a turn as the heavily armoured lady suddenly and I mean SUDDENLY springs into life surging at Eldbert. She is pissed at what he has done to the temple and she wants to end him NOW !!. Eldbert is left helpless as he spent all his actions defiling the statues. The enemy lady delivers a critical blow to Eldbert. Not content she hits again, stunning our warband leader and bringing him to his knees.

We can't loose Eldbert, he has the relic, my henchmen jump in to save him. But she is quick and dodges and parries blows.

Merga meanwhile completes the objective on the second fountain. Her objective now is to get to eldbert and take this juggernaut of an enemy on. Unfortunately she can't engage in combat as there is no space, so she casts a spell to debuff and slow her, hopefully enough to let our henchmen engage. As eldbert struggles to get back to his feet, the archer comes in to try and bring the enemy down, but misses.

Luckily for us, as she is surrounded 3 to 1 and receiving magic attacks and arrows from my archer, the enemy fails a morale check and that gives my henchman and Eldbert free hits. At this time, we are informed that enemy reinforcements are on their way... Ohh crap.

After a protracted battle and hanging on to a sliver of health, Eldbert finally brings down the female warrior. Eldbert must be carefull now, the slightest hit, or trap will see him done for.

No time for pain though and Eldbert works on the next item to defile (hammer), whilst my old trust hero in the background raids the chests. Eldbert then quickly pounces on the statues on the other side of the hall. He has good guard now and I try to block all access routes to Eldbert whilst he does his duty.

My blocking works as the first of the reinforcements arrives to take out Eldbert, but my henchman successfully intercepts and attacks. Quickly teaming up on her 3 to 1, she is brought down.

Menwhile Merga defiles their holey scriptures on the alter.

Now, there is only one objective left. Eldbert is nearly out, I have lost my new hero, I have quite a few wounded and there is enemy flooding in to get us.... Happy days !!.

The last objective is near the roof, we need to get up there quickly. But I have to keep eldbert protected in the middle of the group. The corridors are narrow on the way up providing natural choke points. This could go very badly. Merga, has to go first. She must survive, but she is my strongest warrior now. So I risk her and put her on point.

Map of the last objective. Green light shading on the north east of the temple. Its the temple bell and we need to get it to finish this quest.

On the way up, merga is ambushed by an enemy with some sort of blindfold. Maybe she should have taken that off as she missed the first blow. Merga seizes this opportunity to return a devasting flurry of blows, knocking her out of action.

My warband rushing behind Merga in the narrow confines.

Closing on the last target, Merga sees what looks like another seriously armoured and nasty enemy on the landing through the doorway. I have to be careful here. Merga cannot fall or I will loose this match. So I take a little time setting up an ambush expecting the enemy to rush through the doorway. Merga tries some spells on the enemy, but the spells don't take hold.

The enemy doesn't come but I need to get eldbert to the bell before the reinforcements catch up. So I send in my remaining hero as he is still at full help. I plan on tying her up in the open and swarming her with my warband whilst Eldbert slips past and climbs to the bell. However, she charges my hero and whilst he delivers convincing blows, she is far more superior and has already claimed over half my hero's life. At this rate, my hero will be dead before I can get her surrounded by my warband.

However, the enemy is tied up and I take a huge gamble. This is where I could easily loose the match. I decide not to rush in my men towards the enemy and focus on Eldbert getting to the bell. However, Eldbert is very low on health. If he fails the climb, the small damage from the fall will surely see him dead and very soon after my hero will fall, leaving me scrabbling to get the artefact and finish the mission. ................

BUT ELDBERT MAKES IT !!

Before the enemy can defeat my hero, eldbert completes the last task and defiles the bell, we are victorius !!!!!!!!

THE DARK LORDS WILL BE PLEASED

Fighterops...

#4183306 - 10/19/15 09:16 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Well done - it's you to be blamed that I got me the game this weekend as well, and played it quite a bit. Raising me a band of Skaven (=rats), when I tried the first storyline mission I got my a$$ handed to me (including a dead hero), mostly by a mighty fat ogre...
partything

But some things I learned that might be handy to you as well:
With your earlier problem about getting rid of a badly maimed member - just keep him for a few days untreated in the reserve and the problem will "solve" itself at no additional cost.

Two things about selling Wyrdstones:
First, don't sell all your Wyrdstones for money: over time your dark lord will require you to send him a certain amount in a fixed number of days, e.g. 100 in 8 days - good to have a little reserve, or you will see yourselve fight hard/brutal/deadly battles because they promise more Wyrdstones. So far I have only been asked for 100 which is easy enough to fulfill, but I always keep some reserves for the next "order".
Second, check also with the two lesser black market factions to sell Wyrdstones: they offer better rates, and they also might offer more interesting unlockable benefits, e.g. cheaper training for certain skills.

#4183351 - 10/19/15 12:30 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well i hope you are enjoying it. I think its a good purchase.

I only sent of the next shipment of wyrdstones because i need the money to buy skills for my crew. At the moment money is tight against things I want to purchase.

It was a hard mission for sure. There was more than one time there i was thinking, "this is going to end badly", but happy we made themission.

Well it wasn't all roses, i lost my new hero character and i have yet to post his fate. That will come soon.

Fighterops...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.