Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 63 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 62 63
#4169997 - 09/17/15 09:35 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF ***** [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
errr...would it be possible to add "Bridges" as targets to bomb??

and adding "Probable victory" to the claims. I mean how many times have you had a flamer, own side, next to a balloon section, and the claim is rejected. Probables are not added to official victories but do count towards promotion. At least for the RFC side.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4170918 - 09/19/15 05:38 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
I am making this suggestion based on my assumption that successful bombing has no significant rewRds. If this is tbe case I would like to see WOFF recognize bombing performance more concretely than just showing the summary of hits and misses. Doing this might encourage more people to venture into two seaters and enjoy the bombing portion of missions more.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4176544 - 10/02/15 04:58 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
MeneMene Offline
MeneMene  Offline

It would be wonderful if the AI's strategy for conflict evasion could be looked at, especially for two seaters. For example, it would be nice if the squadron leader and AI actually went at full speed to escape when they tried to run away. They do when breaking off of a dogfight they are already in, but if for example they see a bunch of fighters at cruise altitude, they will throttle back as they descend, which really hurts their prospects. In general, the AI should be able to handle surviving as two-seaters a bit better; there's nothing wrong with their defensive firepower, but better "run away" behavior would make two-seater campaigns more surviveable and worthwhile for the player.

Fe2B's especially have a problem; most of the firepower is in front, with poor coverage of the rear arc, but currently the AI just lumbers along straight and level under attack, instead of maneuvering like they should to have a better chance.

#4187737 - 10/29/15 12:16 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
I wish the devs would produce and release WOFF GOLD. smile

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4187945 - 10/29/15 05:41 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
What about "Secret-Agent-Missions"?
...meaning, you fly a 2-Seater & land on a certain Spot behind Enemy-Lines, to drop off or fetch up some 007.
I've read somewhere, that for Example Guynemer did that quite frequently during the early War in a MS...

#4188026 - 10/29/15 07:12 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Nietzsche]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Originally Posted By: Nietzsche
...meaning, you fly a 2-Seater & land on a certain Spot behind Enemy-Lines, to drop off or fetch up some 007.
I've read somewhere, that for Example Guynemer did that quite frequently during the early War in a MS...

Like that young indiana jones episode.... yep

#4188040 - 10/29/15 07:26 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
actionjoe Offline
actionjoe  Offline

Nord, France.
Quote:

No, he did it 2 or 3 times, and found it was a "dirty job" (" "... j'ai juré de ne pas recommencer. ..... Vraiment, la mission spéciale c'est du sale boulot." ), Védrines did 7 missions, Navarre 3.
But, with some imagination you can already do it in the game, just take off alone and head for a nice landing spot far behind enemy lines, just take care to not shut down your engine/or stop while on the ground.

#4188202 - 10/30/15 01:34 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Nietzsche]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted By: Nietzsche

You will get missions like that if you use Bletchley's Mission Types Mod found on WoFF site under user mods.
You will also have the honor of flying over the enemy airfield and drop an old boot on it.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4188207 - 10/30/15 01:44 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
I wish the kill would be given to the pilot who hit the enemy plane the most, not the last one to shoot it, as it is currently. How many times did your wingman steal your kill this way? And sometimes with only 1 bullet. If the number of hits is more or less the same between the pilots, then yes, use the last shot gets the kill rule. This should be easy to implement. WoFF knows exactly how many rounds went into each plane. At least make it an option.
Also, I would like planes that were forced down to be considered as kills. Currently if you bring a plane down, but it does not crash it is not a kill.

#4188282 - 10/30/15 07:07 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Hellshade]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted By: Hellshade
I wish the devs would produce and release WOFF GOLD. smile

I wish the devs will read this thread and listen to our wishes :-).

#4188301 - 10/30/15 09:43 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Fullofit]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
Originally Posted By: Fullofit
Also, I would like planes that were forced down to be considered as kills. Currently if you bring a plane down, but it does not crash it is not a kill.

That's not true. Forced landings with AC still intact is considered a victory. If he lands on an airfield, then not because WOFF can distinguish between an airfield landing or landing on an open field. If it's the latter, then it counts as victory. This is why Labels turn grey when they land, or why you can not restart your engine after landing in an open field.

#4188306 - 10/30/15 10:02 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Creaghorn]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted By: Creaghorn

That's not true. Forced landings with AC still intact is considered a victory. If he lands on an airfield, then not because WOFF can distinguish between an airfield landing or landing on an open field. If it's the latter, then it counts as victory. This is why Labels turn grey when they land, or why you can not restart your engine after landing in an open field.

Not my experience. Planes downed and landing in open field (not crashing) don't register as kills for me. This is easy to do in N10 with limited ammo.

#4188311 - 10/30/15 10:15 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
What claimsystem do you use?

#4188342 - 10/30/15 11:55 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Fullofit]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Not my experience. Planes downed and landing in open field (not crashing) don't register as kills for me.

You could only check that with "Claims" set to the easiest setting (bypass claims).
Only if you then still don't receive it as a victory, you would be right.
But I think Creaghorn is right here - you should receive it then.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4188562 - 10/30/15 05:55 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I wish there was a settings workshop box for "Ground Activity" like there is for "Air Activity".

#4188564 - 10/30/15 05:59 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: MudWasp]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: MudWasp
I wish there was a settings workshop box for "Ground Activity" like there is for "Air Activity".

+1

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4188681 - 10/30/15 08:56 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Olham]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted By: Olham
Not my experience. Planes downed and landing in open field (not crashing) don't register as kills for me.

You could only check that with "Claims" set to the easiest setting (bypass claims).
Only if you then still don't receive it as a victory, you would be right.
But I think Creaghorn is right here - you should receive it then.

You will know it with easy and easiest settings to be precise. I usually fly with the normal setting, but did some tests on easy. And after forcing the plane down - run out off ammo to finish it off, there was no option to claim it, leading me to believe that forced down planes can't be claimed. It definitely did not land at an airfield. But if you guys say it's in the game then I retract my wish (at lest the second part). I still would prefer to have kills credited to the pilot with the most hits.

#4192068 - 11/08/15 12:08 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
I would like the behavior of the AI leader to be modified. When a flight is led by AI he will change course when he notices the enemy well beyond visual range allowing him to identify the plane when they're still just a dot in the sky. They will also ignore any dots that are friendly. I would like the behavior to be more human and would like the AI leader to change course and investigate all distant dots the same way regardless if friend or foe until a distance where it is more realistic to identify a plane visually. Then the attack can continue or return to normal flight path if identified as friendly. The attack can only start from much further away if flak is present confirming it is an enemy and eliminating the investigation phase.

#4192128 - 11/08/15 04:04 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Fullofit]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

I would like the behavior of the AI leader to be modified. When a flight is led by AI he will change course when he notices the enemy well beyond visual range allowing him to identify the plane when they're still just a dot in the sky. They will also ignore any dots that are friendly. I would like the behavior to be more human and would like the AI leader to change course and investigate all distant dots the same way regardless if friend or foe until a distance where it is more realistic to identify a plane visually. Then the attack can continue or return to normal flight path if identified as friendly. The attack can only start from much further away if flak is present confirming it is an enemy and eliminating the investigation phase.

While not exactly like what you've posted, there's a temporary workaround I use in this link:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4144466/1

Adjust the range and test it out in QC for both "maxRange_met" and "perfectRange_met". In QC, you'll need to start off with the enemy flight at a disadvantage, same altitude and slower aircraft. Then switch activity labels on and proceed to catch up to the enemy. You'll see the labels switch from "in transit" to "Fighting..." once you've reached the distance you put inside that file. Then adjust the values again, test in QC, rinse and repeat until you're satisfied with the outcome.

#4192177 - 11/08/15 09:58 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Fullofit]  
LowDrag Offline
LowDrag  Offline

Originally Posted By: Creaghorn

Not my experience. Planes downed and landing in open field (not crashing) don't register as kills for me. This is easy to do in N10 with limited ammo.

In one recent mission I did damage a DFW badly, it went in long turns down and did a landing in the periphery of a german aerodrome. It did not flip over, seemed to be in one piece. Filed a claim nethertheless and got it confirmed!

Page 36 of 63 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 62 63

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM