Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4174236 - 09/28/15 05:51 AM Helios touch screen problem and Arma 3  
DudleyAz Offline
DudleyAz  Offline

Phoenix, AZ
So, I have Arma 3 up and running in my simpit and have been just LOVING all of the rotary wing flying I've been able to do! I use Gadroc's amazing Helios touch screen software as part of my pit, and it really does make flying more complicated aircraft a lot easier, allowing me to put switch commands as buttons on the touch screen rather than remembering which key combinations do what, especially when trying to hover, sling load cargo, etc. I use it successfully in DCS, IL-2 series, FSX, etc with no issues.

My issue is (okay... this particular issue... I have lots! thumbsup ) is that when using Helios, every time I use the touch screen, it shifts my view and issues the 'fire/hold fire' command in addition to generating the programmed keystroke. I use IR tracker, so having my view all of a sudden get shifted around is annoying. I've double checked calibration of the touch screen to ensure it is only registering on that screen, and that Helios is only sending the single intended keystroke, so something else is going on... I just can't figure out what. banghead

If anyone else is using Helios successfully please clue me in to the setup secret so I can stop this ever-so-frustrating issue. I've cross posted this in the ARMA 3 area as well until it takes hold in one or the other.

Thanks!
Dud

They say "If you didn't fail, how would you learn?"... I learn a LOT!
http://cnadeau.webs.com/index.htm
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4174251 - 09/28/15 08:40 AM Re: Helios touch screen problem and Arma 3 [Re: DudleyAz]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Does it do this for just one particular command from Helios or does it do so regardless of what command you issue from Helios?

While I have no experience with Helios + ArmA3, I use Helios extensively in BMS and DCS and do not have any issues.

- Ice
#4174379 - 09/28/15 02:26 PM Re: Helios touch screen problem and Arma 3 [Re: DudleyAz]  
DudleyAz Offline
DudleyAz  Offline

Phoenix, AZ
Hi Ice,
Nope, it does it on any command or interaction. I have two simple push buttons set up on the screen for sling loading... ctrl-b for the sling load assistant, and b for dropping the rope. When I touch the sling load assistant button, it does send ctrl-b to the game as the sling load assistant opens, but it spins my view around to a random location AND my pilot says 'Fire' or 'Cease Fire' depending on what command was given last. So for some reason, it is sensing the ctrl-b command, plus a left mouse click and a mouse movement?? I could understand if the touch screen was my primary monitor, but for some reason ARMA is sensing the touch on the touch screen even though it doesn't 'own' that secondary monitor.

I use it in DCS as well, and have no issues like this at all. Color me confused... dizzy

#4174517 - 09/28/15 06:54 PM Re: Helios touch screen problem and Arma 3 [Re: DudleyAz]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Could be happening as the computer "shifts focus" from ArmA to Helios? Also could be due to having a mouse cursor in the game?

In BMS, I need to be careful... if the in-game mouse cursor is over a button, say one of the ICP buttons, and then I press a button in Helios, it'll register two commands. One from Helios, one from "pressing" the button in-game. I turn off the in-game mouse cursor before every flight. Might be something like this happening to you?

Try having ArmA on Windowed-fullscreen if that works?

- Ice
#4175235 - 09/30/15 03:59 AM Re: Helios touch screen problem and Arma 3 [Re: DudleyAz]  
DudleyAz Offline
DudleyAz  Offline

Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the suggestion! I played with it last night in windowed mode with the same results. I thought about turning off mouse support, but then I have issues getting in and out of aircraft, or if I set down and need to fight my way out or something, I have no mouse for 'on foot' action.

I will have to experiment with it more this weekend. It can just never be easy can it? nope

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.