Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4166410 - 09/08/15 03:03 PM TrackIR weirdness  
Attackmack Offline
Attackmack  Offline

I cant put my finger on what, but trackIR in A10C just seem unnatural and...weird.
Im having issues facing certain panels and when turning around, it feels as though the head of the pilot is too far forth in the cockpit and not back at the seat/headrest.

Moving my head forth and resetting TrackIR helps somewhat but still doesnt make the motion of it all seem natural to me.

I can only compare it to Falcon BMS where this has never been an issue and the trackIR functions flawlessly (for me at least). Ive tried various profiles and settings and while its playable, I have to do alot of weird moves to reach the entire cockpit.

Am I just used to BMS or is there something fishy with DCS?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4167404 - 09/10/15 09:37 PM Re: TrackIR weirdness [Re: Attackmack]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado

"Your ballroom days are over, baby"

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
#4167438 - 09/10/15 11:23 PM Re: TrackIR weirdness [Re: Attackmack]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
I think I figured out what fixes the weird cockpit feel in the A10c.In real life when you look up you just look up but when you look down you actually lean forward and down as its uncomfortable to move just your head downwards.

Go into trackir software and in pitch uncheck the mirror setting.Then you wanna make the down pitch very very sensitive.This way when you wanna look down at a panel its a very small downward tilt of your head and voila.Just play with it and over time tweak and tweak and suddenly its perfect.

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 09/10/15 11:24 PM.
#4167699 - 09/11/15 04:31 PM Re: TrackIR weirdness [Re: Attackmack]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
Mack,hows it looking?have you tried the very high sensitivity on the negative movement of pitch?Another thing I have done that makes the cockpit feel alot better for me is to set the max amount the cockpit zooms out to at 100fov and set this also as default.This allows me to zoom in on attack and with one click zoom out to my preferred fov.

#4167834 - 09/11/15 10:34 PM Re: TrackIR weirdness [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Attackmack Offline
Attackmack  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolfstriked
Mack,hows it looking?have you tried the very high sensitivity on the negative movement of pitch?Another thing I have done that makes the cockpit feel alot better for me is to set the max amount the cockpit zooms out to at 100fov and set this also as default.This allows me to zoom in on attack and with one click zoom out to my preferred fov.

Hi and thanks for your reply (You too, Wrecking Crew!).

Ive actually managed to get a setting working good enough that I dont think much of it anymore. Or possibly ive gotten used to it.
The best way I can describe what grinded my gears though would be that when turning the head left and right, its like the entire head is pivoting around the eyes, not the other way around as it should be. Gives a very unnatural movement.

If you turn to look over your shoulder, you actually look over your shoulder, your point of view shifts towards that side. In DCS, your point of view stays in the same position and your body magically flies around it, making you stare straight back into the seat.
This is maybe not a completely accurate description but the best way I can word what I find to be the issue.

No matter, i have almost no trouble getting my view around now so Ill just leave it for the time being smile
Im gonna try that assymetrical pitch motion though, I think you are right about that as well!

#4167856 - 09/11/15 11:45 PM Re: TrackIR weirdness [Re: Attackmack]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
Kool man.Trackir almost made me give up on sims when I first got it.I would Blair Witch constantly and it never felt right.But now I know that I just have to tweak the hell out of it to where it feels natural enough.

And for the weird rotating eyes feel,there is a mod by a fella named peterP that actually moves your head backwards so that when you turn your head its very close to the seat.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.