Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
#4149116 - 07/21/15 03:23 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Funnily enough, in CBT I actually preferred the Pensacola over the Cleveland (and also New Orleans). But I must be strange, because I also favour the Myoko over the Mogami - so much that I don't even bothered to buy the Mogami again.
I guess I just prefer the range and AP damage of the 8" guns.
Myoko at T7 is also still an easily self-maintaining and even money earning ship @58k credits for the hull + ~10-15k credits for ammo - I guess the Mogami (and other T8s) will be >100k total...
Myoko also has pretty good AAA for its tier (at least with all upgrades and respective captain skills).

US BBs are okay (currently at New Mexico), but the slow speed forces you to be much more considerate where you go - 2mins in the wrong direction and you may spend the next 10mins cruising around, trying to make contact again. That's why I usually stick to the center of the map when possible. Difficult in Hotspot and not possible on "Two Brothers" - yesterday in one battle I went east, sank an Omaha in three salvos and never came in range of another enemy because all were in the west...
Advantages of the IJN BBs (from CBT experience) are speed and slightly better gun range, so they are generally more forgiving with respect to a "misplacement". They easier get in and maintain contact, or get you out of a bad spot (like three cruisers harrassing you with HE)...

Even IJN DDs are getting more and more difficult. The enemies seem to get psychic capabilities at higher tiers, because they always turn just when I drop my torps...
By now it is not unusually that I just do gun damage in some battles, or no damage at all with >50 torps launched (Mutsuki & Minekaze). Not to mention all the scout/spotter and CV planes that tend to detect you, your torps, or simply prevent you from getting into a good position. A real excercise in frustration sometimes...
But I guess still better than low- to mid-tier US DDs - higher up the US DDs also get good longer ranged torps that should put them at least on par with their IJN counterparts.

But I can't really comment on US DD or carriers as I have never played them...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4149174 - 07/21/15 05:36 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: WhoCares]  
Mpkev Offline
Mpkev  Offline

Originally Posted By: WhoCares
Funnily enough, in CBT I actually preferred the Pensacola over the Cleveland (and also New Orleans). But I must be strange, because I also favour the Myoko over the Mogami - so much that I don't even bothered to buy the Mogami again.
I guess I just prefer the range and AP damage of the 8" guns.
Myoko at T7 is also still an easily self-maintaining and even money earning ship @58k credits for the hull + ~10-15k credits for ammo - I guess the Mogami (and other T8s) will be >100k total...
Myoko also has pretty good AAA for its tier (at least with all upgrades and respective captain skills).

US BBs are okay (currently at New Mexico), but the slow speed forces you to be much more considerate where you go - 2mins in the wrong direction and you may spend the next 10mins cruising around, trying to make contact again. That's why I usually stick to the center of the map when possible. Difficult in Hotspot and not possible on "Two Brothers" - yesterday in one battle I went east, sank an Omaha in three salvos and never came in range of another enemy because all were in the west...
Advantages of the IJN BBs (from CBT experience) are speed and slightly better gun range, so they are generally more forgiving with respect to a "misplacement". They easier get in and maintain contact, or get you out of a bad spot (like three cruisers harrassing you with HE)...

Even IJN DDs are getting more and more difficult. The enemies seem to get psychic capabilities at higher tiers, because they always turn just when I drop my torps...
By now it is not unusually that I just do gun damage in some battles, or no damage at all with >50 torps launched (Mutsuki & Minekaze). Not to mention all the scout/spotter and CV planes that tend to detect you, your torps, or simply prevent you from getting into a good position. A real excercise in frustration sometimes...
But I guess still better than low- to mid-tier US DDs - higher up the US DDs also get good longer ranged torps that should put them at least on par with their IJN counterparts.

But I can't really comment on US DD or carriers as I have never played them...

the Cola, for me was the paper thin armor, and it seemed less maneuverable.

i dont mind playing BB's i only got up to the New York , since im grinding my way toward the Tier X cruiser. i just dont like the inaccuracy of battleships , the dispersion is terrible especially when my reload is like 30 seconds. and i shoot a taget broadside with a salvo at 10km and only 1 of the 10 rnds hit.

if anyone wants to division (platoon) hit me up sometime my game name is TheSuburbanErrorist

i have tier V IV VI VII and VIII ships , DD, BB, CA

looking for good peeeps to play with , solo playing is killing my winrate.

#4149176 - 07/21/15 05:43 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: Chucky]  
Mpkev Offline
Mpkev  Offline

Originally Posted By: Chucky
Yeah I love my Omaha a lot.And yes,the Cleveland is even better.I did purchase the Pensacola in the CBT but once I realised it was pants I just played the Cleveland until the great wipe.

I've been slowly working my way to the Langley but I'm not sure carrier play is for me.Would you say the IJN carriers better at the lower tiers?

the only thing USN carriers have good is the fighters. they higher tier load-outs are just dumb for USN.

the Bogue the teir V CV for example, gets two hull upgrades each hull upgrade unlock a set of bomber/ fighters.

the bogue hull A gets 2 fighter squads and 1 dive bomber (which are useless) hull B gets no fighters 1 Torpedo bomber squad and 2 Dive bombers. thsi already is hugely inaccurate since USN would never sail without fighters on a carrier.

now the IJN equivalent to the Bogue at tier V gets the same hull upgrades but they get 2 fighters 1 torpedo Bombers, next upgrade no fighters but 2 torps and 1 bomber.

so they are already have the upper hand with Damage due to have more Torpedo bombers. while the USN get little to no TP bombers. which is ridiculous. \

this continues up the chain of tiers. so yes in a nutshell IJN carriers are far better damage dealers. their fighters however are not as good as USN fighters though.

#4150028 - 07/24/15 01:03 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
I find my Langley fighters absolutely obliterate the same tier Japanese fighters, even if up against two carriers with my one. Pity the fact that fighter or TB kills are worth jack sh/t although it is nice to clean the air for the rest of the team. I don't think i will go to far down the carrier line tbh, it's ok for a break after a lot of normal battles but with only one squad of fighters and one of TB's airborne at a time the gameplay is a bit tedious.

New York, i love the New York but don't like the BB dispersion overall, took me a while to find out that having a target 'locked' lowered the dispersion rate versus manual targeting...so that's something. BB gameplay can be slow with just enough oh sh/t moments to be tense, i slap on the 5% speed flag for those few extra knots. Total reverse in the Kawachi, getting in close and dirty and using it as a brawler instead of the long range stand off battles that she just cannot do with her terrible range. She excels in close and since moving into close battling, just going straight down the middle of the map, she has three matches in a row with three kills each time and twice was the last ship left on the map at the end. Couldn't get the grin of my face biggrin

With the Ami Cruiser line i moved into the Omaha the last few nights, got the xp to upgrade it to the AA platform +4, but not wanting to lose the -4 artillery, i think with the other two modules it brings that back to -2 arty overall. Nice ship, just been hanging around the BB's and CA's providing AA and DD cover.

For the next few nights i am staring down the barrel at moving all of these on Omaha>Cleveland, Isokaze>Minekaze, New York>New Mexico, Kuma>Furutaka and Kawachi>Myogi. Thinking to get the Myogi first so i can grind past it and get a Japanese BB with some speed and range.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4150038 - 07/24/15 01:36 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
These were the first two matches i had in the Kawachi last night after i read a reddit thread where it was recommended to go brawling in it..

biggrin

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4150114 - 07/24/15 09:43 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Very nice Ajay.Sometimes getting in close and personal with a BB is fun.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4151145 - 07/28/15 12:52 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Just got the New Mexico last night..challenging to start out at a base model after having a maxed out New York. Current line up Minekaze/Myogi/New Mexico/Omaha/Kuma. Definitely keeping the Minekaze for a bit, too much fun to sell smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4151233 - 07/28/15 10:32 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
I've kept all my Japanese DD's so far,currently on the Minekaze.I play the Cleveland a lot and of course the best ship in the game,the Omaha biggrin

Some guy in another Omaha teamed up with me last night as we co-ordinated our attack/defence of a flag.We were alone.I ended up with 4 kills.I had no problem complementing the guy after the game.

Do you guys use the report/compliment feature much? It would be nice if compliments led to something,like flags but I guess it could be open to abuse.

#4151252 - 07/28/15 11:36 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: Chucky]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
In port currently:
Arkansas Beta, Sims, Phoenix, Omaha, Cleveland, Atlanta

Gremy, Murmansk

Aoba, Minekaze

Omaha and Minekaze have to be my two favorites.

#4151521 - 07/28/15 11:14 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: Chucky]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: Chucky
I've kept all my Japanese DD's so far,currently on the Minekaze.I play the Cleveland a lot and of course the best ship in the game,the Omaha biggrin

Some guy in another Omaha teamed up with me last night as we co-ordinated our attack/defence of a flag.We were alone.I ended up with 4 kills.I had no problem complementing the guy after the game.

Do you guys use the report/compliment feature much? It would be nice if compliments led to something,like flags but I guess it could be open to abuse.

I use the report every time i see someone hogging down the blue line on purpose which hides half of the ship from damage. I always call out the blue line runners in chat in 'All' mode, once they get called out it can be surprising how many people then pipe up and tell them to play right or nick of biggrin Compliment i have used a fair bit as well, i generally use up my three a day deal smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4151525 - 07/28/15 11:41 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
'Blue line runners'? I'd never heard of that tbh.I've seen people do it but I thought that they had just run into the line accidentally whilst concentrating on fire control. I've done it myself but always get off it asap.

#4151988 - 07/29/15 11:52 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Plenty of them on the asia/oceania servers that i use, have seen one in at least every second or third match. Mainly battleships, rarely cruisers. What they don't seem to realise is that because they are running a perfectly straight line it makes it very easy to hit the half of the ship that you can damage smile I make it a point to go after these guys if i see them ..probably shouldn't let it wind me up so much honestly biggrin

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4154192 - 08/05/15 04:16 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Just a little heads-up that there is a gift for you to fetch till the 8th of August, the USS Albany:
Anniversary gift (EU)
Anniversary gift (US)

This is what the Mighty Jingles thinks of this ship:

So the real "goody" is the port slot that you get along with the ship, and the ~300k silver credits when you sell it wink

#4154228 - 08/05/15 05:52 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Thanks for heads-up thumbsup

#4154251 - 08/05/15 07:12 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Boshart Offline
Boshart  Offline

Anyone knows how to run full screen ?i can only run windowd and all options in graphics are blank ..

tnks

#4154329 - 08/05/15 09:53 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Well I played 1 game in the Albany.Now I know why they gave it away.It's now sold but thanks for the spare port slot.

Boshart,I think that may be something to do with screen resolution.Is the in-game screen res set to the same as the desktop res? I think it needs to be.

#4154560 - 08/06/15 03:19 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: Boshart]  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: Boshart
Anyone knows how to run full screen ?i can only run windowd and all options in graphics are blank ..

tnks

If you're running Eyefinity or surround, don't. I had that problem with my triple screen setup. Had to just run on one monitor.

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#4154592 - 08/06/15 05:21 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Boshart Offline
Boshart  Offline

i have surround yes , but i`ve running 1 monitor atm ..weird

#4154605 - 08/06/15 05:58 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Ratcatcher Offline
Ratcatcher  Offline

North Yorkshire, UK
I run 3 screen eyefinity and also had problems, however I edited the .xml file manually and set the res I wanted. All is good now with 3 screens and with full screen enabled.

Found in "preferences.xml"

<devicePreferences>
<adapterOrdinal> 0 </adapterOrdinal>
<windowed> false </windowed>
<maximized> false </maximized>
<waitVSync> true </waitVSync>
<tripleBuffering> true </tripleBuffering>
<aspectRatio> 4.800000 </aspectRatio>
<gammaCorrection> 0.900000 </gammaCorrection>
<windowedWidth> 1657 </windowedWidth>
<windowedHeight> 964 </windowedHeight>
<fullscreenWidth> 5040 </fullscreenWidth>
<fullscreenHeight> 1050 </fullscreenHeight>

Hope this helps!

#4154662 - 08/06/15 09:55 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Boshart Offline
Boshart  Offline

I turned of surround in options in nvidia menu , and no i can run full screen ,

Will try that option also Rat.

Tnks !

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.