Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4143891 - 07/07/15 05:57 PM MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction!  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
NOTE: This is a (slow) 1450 MB download, might want to get it going a good while before game time tonight. Then run the patch tool.

Tuesday, July 7th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.3.410

Greetings MechWarriors,

Welcome to the new River City!

As you may have seen from our recent sneak peeks, River City has undergone a complete overhaul. At three times the size of the original River City and featuring significant changes to the overall layout, pilots are in for an entirely new battlefield, demanding new strategies. Along with substantial changes to the size and layout of the map itself the new River City is the first standard queue map to receive these new map features: Dynamic Time of Day, breakable objects, and the introduction of Leopard-class DropShips for pilot drop zones.
Forest Colony will be the next standard queue map to receive a similar overhaul, as decided by the Calling All Founder's poll back in May.

Thunderbolt and Wolverine pilots have long distinguished themselves as heroes on the battlefields of the Inner Sphere, and today's patch sees the release of Hero variants for each of these Inner Sphere powerhouses. The TDR-5S-T "Top Dog" and the WVR-Q "Quarantine" are now available for MC through the in-game Store.

Rounding out the patch we have some excellent improvements to the hit-reg and host state rewind systems, 720p resolution support for the 'Expanded' MechLab layout, an array of weapon geometry adjustments, gameplay tweaks for ballistic weaponry, Jump Jets, legged 'Mech mobility, and the Assault game mode, along with Quirk adjustments for the Timber Wolf and Stormcrow.

Read on for details on all the fixes and changes, and we'll see you on the battlefield!

- The MechWarrior Team

Change Log

New Map (Standard Queue)

River City (new)

Along with a complete overhaul of its layout and composition, the new River City map contains three new features currently unique to River City. These features will roll out to other maps in future updates.
Dynamic Time of Day
Time of Day on the new River City is chosen at random, and is divided into four quadrants:

Dawn
Day
Dusk
Night

For public matches, each quadrant condenses its 6-hour duration into 15 minutes (the maximum match time for Standard Queue matches).

For private matches, the 6-hour quadrant duration will be condensed over whichever match duration is set in the Lobby.
When accessed through Testing Grounds the new River City will currently run through all of the above cycles once, from Dawn to Night.

Breakable Objects

The new River City features an array of interactive/breakable objects:

Trees - can be knocked over by 'Mech and projectile collisions
Statues - can be knocked over by 'Mech and projectile collisions
Street lights - can be knocked over by 'Mech and projectile collisions; the light will go out when knocked over
Flood lights - can be shot out with projectiles; the light will go out when shot
Fences - can be knocked over by 'Mech and projectile collisions
Antennae - can be knocked over by 'Mech and projectile collisions

These objects will not block or slow down 'Mechs or weapons fire.

Single-spawn DropShip drop zones
Players will now drop onto the new River City from one of three DropShip drop zones for their side. The DropShips will leave the battlefield once they have unloaded their 'Mechs.

New Hero 'Mechs:

Thunderbolt "Top Dog" TDR-5S-T

Price: 4,875 MC
Tonnage: 65
Engine: 260 Standard
Top Speed: 64.8 kph
Max Engine Rating: 315
Torso Movement:
80 degrees to each side
20 degrees up and down
Arm Movement:
20 degrees to each side
30 degrees up and down
Armor: 416 (Standard)
Internal Structure: Standard
Weapons & Equipment:
Head: Heat Sink
Left Torso: Medium Laser x4, Heat Sink x3
Center Torso: Heat Sink x2, Engine
Right Torso: Medium Laser x4, Heat Sink x3
Right Arm: Large Laser
Left Leg: Heat Sink x2
Right Leg: Heat Sink x2
Hardpoints:
Left Torso: 4 Energy
Right Torso: 4 Energy, 1 AMS
Right Arm: 1 Energy
Heat Sinks: 23 Single
Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
ECM Capable?: No
MASC Capable?: No
Module Slots:
Mech: 1
Consumable: 2
Weapon: 2
Movement Archetype: Medium
Quirks:
Acceleration Rate (Low, Med, & High Speeds): +10%
Deceleration Rate (Low, Med, & High Speeds): +10%
Turn Rate (Low, Med. & High Speeds): +10%
Armor Strength (Full Body): +12.5%
Structure Strength (Full Body): +12.5%
Torso Turn Angle (Yaw): +9
Torso Turn Rate (Yaw): +10%
Energy Range +5%
30% C-Bill bonus

Wolverine "Quarantine" WVR-Q

Price: 4,125 MC
Tonnage: 55
Engine: 275 XL
Top Speed: 81 kph
Max Engine Rating: 360
Torso Movement:
125 degrees to each side
30 degrees up and down
Arm Movement:
30 degrees to each side
35 degrees up and down
Armor: 368 (Standard)
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
Weapons & Equipment:
Left Torso: Jump Jet
Center Torso: AC/5 Ammo, SRM Ammo, Engine
Right Torso: SRM 6 x2, Jump Jet x2, Double Heat Sink
Right Arm: AC/5, Medium Laser x3
Left Leg: AC/5 Ammo, SRM Ammo
Right Leg: AC/5 Ammo, SRM Ammo
Hardpoints:
Right Torso: 2 Missile, 1 AMS
Right Arm: 1 Ballistic, 3 Energy
Heat Sinks: 12 Double
Jump Jets: 3 (7 Max)
ECM Capable?: No
MASC Capable?: No
Module Slots:
Mech: 1
Consumable: 2
Weapon: 2
Movement Archetype: Medium
Quirks:
Acceleration Rate (Low, Med, & High Speeds): +5%
Deceleration Rate (Low, Med, & High Speeds): +5%
Turn Rate (Low, Med. & High Speeds): +5%
Additional Armor (CT): +9
Additional Armor (RT): +13
Additional Armor (RA): +18
Torso Turn Angle (Yaw): +6
Torso Turn Rate (Yaw): +5%
Ballistic Velocity: +10%
Ballistic Cooldown: +10%
Laser Duration: -10%
Missile Velocity: +10%
30% C-Bill bonus

Gameplay

Assault Game Mode

Turrets have been removed

Ballistic Weaponry

Inner Sphere Autocannon/10 - Ammunition per ton increased from 15 to 20
Clan Autocannons and Clan Ultra Autocannons have had their number of projectiles per volley reduced:
Clan-AC/2 reduced from 2 rounds per volley to 1, damage is now 2.0 per round
Clan-AC/5 reduced from 3 rounds per volley to 2, damage is now 2.5 per round
Clan-AC/10 reduced from 4 rounds per volley to 3, damage is now 3.3333 per round
Clan-AC/20 reduced from 5 rounds per volley to 4, damage is now 5 per round
To compensate for the above changes, adjustments have been made to Clan AC/UAC/LB-X(Slug) ammo counts:
Clan-AC/2 ammo per ton reduced from 150 down to 75 (1/2 ton = 37)
Clan-AC/5 ammo per ton reduced from 90 down to 60 (1/2 ton = 30)
Clan-AC/10 ammo per ton 60 matches IS AC/10 change (1/2 ton = 30)
Clan-AC/20 ammo per ton reduced from 35 down to 28 (1/2 ton = 14)

Energy Weaponry

PPC velocity increased to 1100, up from 950
ER-PPC velocity increased to 1200, up from 1050
Clan ER-PPC velocity increased to 1200, up from 1050

Jump Jets

Class I Jump Jets:
Initial boost off the ground increased from 158 to 220
In-air thrust increased from 50 to 68
Duration of burn (fuel amount) reduced from 4.9 to 4.1
Class III Jump Jets:
Duration of burn (fuel amount) increased from 3.2 to 3.75
Class IV Jump Jets:
Duration of burn (fuel amount) increased from 3.2 to 3.75

'Mech Mobility

When a leg is destroyed on a 'Mech, the 'Mech will slow down to 15km/h before being able to slowly regain speed back to 40km/h max
Additional hits to a legged 'Mech will no longer slow it back down to 15km/h

'Mech Fixes and Changes

Awesome
Weapon visualization passes
Banshee BNC-3M Champion
Fixed an issue where this Champion was providing Bonus C-Bills instead of Bonus XP
Centurion
Ballistic weaponry has been remodeled
Cicada
Commando
Dragon
Ebon Jaguar
Fixed minor cockpit clipping issues
Fixed an issue where the 'Mech would spin non-stop after death
Executioner
Fixed minor cockpit clipping issues
Hellbringer
Phranken pattern improved
JagerMech
Fixed a cockpit texture issue
Spider
Leg hit meshes have been fixed

Quirk Changes

Timber Wolf

TBR-Prime
Left Arm and Right Arm: Reduced Laser Duration from +6% to +4% and Energy Cooldown from -6% to -4%
Left Torso: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown
TBR-A
Left Arm, Center Torso, and Right Arm: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown
Left Torso: Reduced Laser Duration from +12% to +8% and Energy Cooldown from -12% to -8%

TBR-C
Left Arm: Reduced Laser Duration from +6% to +4% and Energy Cooldown from -6% to -4%
Center Torso: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown quirks
TBR-D
Left Arm, Center Torso, and Right Arm: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown
TBR-S
Left Arm and Right Torso: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown
Right Arm: Reduced Laser Duration from +6% to +4% and Energy Cooldown from -6% to -4%

Stormcrow

SCR-Prime
Head: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown
Left Arm and Right Arm: Reduced Laser Duration from +6% to +4% and Energy Cooldown from -6% to -4%
SCR-A
Left Arm: Reduced Laser Duration from +9% to +6% and Energy Cooldown from -9% to -6%
SCR-B
Head: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown
Left Arm: Removed +6% Laser Duration and -6% Energy Cooldown
Right Arm: Reduced Laser Duration from +9% to +8% and Energy Cooldown from -9% to -8%
SCR-C
Left Torso, Right Torso, and Right Arm: Removed +3% Laser Duration and -3% Energy Cooldown
SCR-D
No changes.

MechLab

'Expanded' View resolution support

The minimum supported resolution for 'Expanded' view is now 1280x720
The Warehouse and 'Mech Stats windows are now exposed through roll-out tabs when running 'Expanded' layout at resolutions from 1280x720 to 1440x900

Host State Rewind Fixes and Improvements

HSR algorithm now rewinds animation state when compensating for ping
Fixed some issues with the HSR algorithm that would contribute to missed shots

Optimizations

Reduced client upstream bandwidth usage by approximately 40-45%
Reduced client downstream bandwidth usage by approximately 20-25%

General Fixes and Changes

Fixed an issue where 'Mechs could sometimes be seen through walls under Thermal Vision
Fixed an issue where lighting under DX11 was slightly darker with MSAA/TXAA on
Fixed SLI issues under DX11. DX9 SLI profile fixes are pending work from NVIDIA
Fixed an issue where the 'With Premium Time Enabled' box in the End of Round Player Stats summary was not displaying the correct XP value
Fixed an issue where the Spider Mastery Bundle could not be purchased from the Store if the player had no empty Mech Bays
Fixed an issue where a 'Mech could power-up prematurely after firing a large number of PPCs
'Mechs now display sparks or collision particles when colliding with geometry
'Mechs now generate audio effects when colliding with geometry
With the introduction of the new River City, the old River City and River City Night maps are no longer available for Public, Private, or Testing Grounds sessions

See you on the battlefield!

- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4143912 - 07/07/15 07:01 PM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

That is too much awesomeness for one single post!

Go fix it!
XD

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4143982 - 07/07/15 11:02 PM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
The map is excellent. I've only played the nighttime version in a round. It's so different and bigger that it's hard to get your bearings at first.
Checked it out better in the training grounds...very impressive. Best map in the game now.

I'd like to know why they took the turrets out of assault. We'll be seeing light rushes again now. Maybe they're working on improving them?

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4144030 - 07/08/15 03:43 AM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
I suspect it's because of the range on the LRM turrets... makes tactical movement on the enemy side of the map damn near impossible on Caustic and the Mining Collective.

Besides that, the turrets ignore ECM which is just stupid.

I would be fine if they changed them all to medium laser turrets or made them obey the rules of ECM.

I wish they would put some squishy little infantry to defend the bases so I can step on them with my Atlas.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#4144036 - 07/08/15 04:43 AM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
malibu43 Offline
malibu43  Offline

SoCal
I haven't fired up the client or patched in over a month. This looks too cool to pass up, though.

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
#4144198 - 07/08/15 03:33 PM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/203353-does-anyone-else-hate-old-assault-mode-coming-back/

Thread about the removal of turrets in assault. All of the light pilots are all for it, naturally. Idiots.
I was compelled to post, something I usually detest on that forum.

#4144224 - 07/08/15 04:22 PM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Clydewinder]  
Feetwet Offline
Son of Birmingham
Feetwet  Offline
Son of Birmingham

Houston, Tx
Originally Posted By: Clydewinder
I suspect it's because of the range on the LRM turrets... makes tactical movement on the enemy side of the map damn near impossible on Caustic and the Mining Collective.

I would be fine if they changed them all to medium laser turrets or made them obey the rules of ECM.

I wish they would put some squishy little infantry to defend the bases so I can step on them with my Atlas.

Well, I am sure that the infantry you squish will be the ones I already tore the arms off of.

neaner

Last edited by Feetwet; 07/08/15 04:22 PM.

MWO callsign Feetwet
#4144239 - 07/08/15 05:00 PM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
I'm not happy about the turret removal, I think we'll be back to the lights base rush and little to no payout for the round situation that we had before the turrets were added, so they didn't really solve the original base rush issue or the missile turrets or ecm ignoring turrets, they just did a rewind as if they never existed...

An impulsive game balance change from PGI without a long term strategy, much like the JJs nerf.

I'll give it a try for the first couple of weeks, if there's too many lights base rush rounds then I'll just avoid assault altogether, it's funny because I actually enjoyed assault the way it was even despite the missile turrets, and I could care less what the comp tryhards cry about, not sure why they have so much influence on PGIs decisions in the first place, MWO will never be a successful e-sport, it's not popular enough and it's too difficult and grindy for casuals to pick up and play so there's no audience, PUGs and whales are where PGI makes the money to stay alive, so they should do whats best for that.

Looking forward to checking out the new River City, that was my least favorite map before, same predictable ring around the rosey chase and defend/attack citadel every round, hope that's changed.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4144265 - 07/08/15 05:58 PM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
It's huge now. I still see people playing NASCAR on it, but I think that's just out of habit. No matter where they spawn, they want to be on the opposite side. LOL
That should change, the map is very good for combat just about anywhere now. All sections of the map are larger, more cover from LRM's, plus the new landing zone areas. I'd like to see conquest on it, but I haven't yet.

#4144288 - 07/08/15 07:04 PM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Cool, look forward to playing it with you guys this week, I planned to get on last night but had to work instead...

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4144392 - 07/09/15 12:59 AM Re: MWO Patch Notes 7/7... new River City map destruction! [Re: Feetwet]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
Originally Posted By: Feetwet
Originally Posted By: Clydewinder

Well, I am sure that the infantry you squish will be the ones I already tore the arms off of.

neaner

I'm ok with that.

Robots are stealing my luggage.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.