Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4142753 - 07/04/15 06:08 AM A bit of tin rattleing  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
This was posted by Doug the other day over at the Motorsports site which, if it where to happen, would effect us lot a fair bit, seeing as how were one of the main users! (and you all know how much space we take up with the mod pack!)

http://simhqmotorsports.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3729698/Re:_Please_read_this:__SimHQ_M#Post3729698

Originally Posted By: goud
Sorry to have to rattle the tin cup again a few months after the last plea, but I need your help again. And this isn't easy to ask of readers. Actually, it is embarrassing.

Some of you are donating monthly and some are donating frequently -- and it is REALLY APPRECIATED -- but I need those of you who are not contributing to help with the costs on a more regular basis. Please toss in a few dollars when you can, and ideally monthly or semi-monthly.

Right now the site has an $800 balance on the business credit card and with monthly donations not quite covering the $225 USD per month expenses, and with some people disabling the minimal ads appearing on the site, the site is running a monthly shortfall.

The web site and forums cost $50 USD per month. The game server and Teamspeak server costs $170 USD. The remaining $5 USD is to cover expenses like software updates, hosting special services like reformatting, and that is what is running behind in expenses. I cannot move forward on the needed forum updates until the balance is cleared.

I've agreed to continue with the game server expense through the end of this year, but if the credit card balance isn't cleared and if monthly donations and ad payment does not cover the monthly expenses, the game server and Teamspeak server will be closed at the end of this year. This is not meant to be a threat in any way, but readers need to understand the situation, so I would be remiss in not advising what is going on.

People will do what they can, and if they find the site, game server, and Teamspeak server valuable, they will contribute on a regular or fairly regular basis. I do not believe in charging for premium content, premium site access, or plastering the site with ads. Our information should remain open to all and ads should not impact quality.

I just want to stress that donating is entirely up to you, if you dont want to, fine! If you do, great! You can donate by clicking the little donate button over on the right of the screen smile

Also, if you have an add blocker on, if you could turn it off for SimHQ that would help as even a couple of $s make life easier, see it as a form of free donating if you like, specially if you click one of the ads every now and again smile

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4142786 - 07/04/15 11:40 AM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

I leave the ads on. They are never a problem. No re-directs or anything.

#4142858 - 07/04/15 03:03 PM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
Smokin_Hole Offline
Smokin_Hole  Offline

I don't believe ads pay unless you click on them.

Thanks for posting Meatshield. But I thought Doug sold the non-Motorsport side of SimHQ.

#4142864 - 07/04/15 03:33 PM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
He still owns and operates the TeamSpeak and game server we use for Arma3 and Insurgency. That's what the donations to the MotorSports site supports.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4143478 - 07/06/15 03:27 PM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Right, so to be clear you need to disable adblocking on the motorsports site and visit it regularly to help with that. smile

Although the forums for using TS and the Arma 3 server are here, the bills are paid from over there, not here.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4143483 - 07/06/15 03:37 PM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for posting this meatshield. I just made a donation.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4143959 - 07/07/15 09:08 PM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

How much do I need to give so we don't get bumped out of our play slots by the racing crowd? pitchafit

Off to greener pastures
#4143979 - 07/07/15 10:33 PM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Thanks guys, let me clear-up a few points. When I sold SimHQ.com to RacerGT's company, our agreement was for me to keep running the game server and it is my monthly rental. Our agreement includes Arma3, Insurgency, and anything else that you guys come up with along with the TS3 server use. The game server would also include a flight sim or two, but it seems beyond Falcon 4 BMS, not much else runs from a server nowadays. In addition to the previous, it also includes care and feeding of the Teamspeak server. Now RacerGT has helped with the expenses on the game server and the TS3 server for you guys. But right now the expenses are beyond what we have budgeted month-to-month. So that is why I'm tossing out a flare. Its a temporary crisis and once past it we will be okay (I think). Some of you have been way more generous that you should have, but it is greatly appreciated. No one is going to bounce Arma3 for the racing stuff because I'm the one that runs the game and TS3 server. Matter-of-fact, saghen mentioned in a thread "over there" that the informal Thursday night Arma3 has become more active. Because of that I moved our upcoming rF2 stock car racing night from Thursday to Wednesday to not cut into your events. We try to NEVER compete one SimHQ event against a SimHQ Motorsports event with one exception. We have a once a month endurance race on Saturday's and that was keeping Arma3 Saturday's off once a month. But adlabs and Meat knew about them so they did well to schedule around it. And BTW, kudos and cheers to adlabs and Meat. They keep it all going for Arma3 and Insurgency, and adlabs is the resident genius and my go to guy for Teamspeak settings. Just for the record, my company is still in business: SimHQ Inc which is incorporated here in Tejas.

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#4143997 - 07/07/15 11:54 PM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
Not a problem Guod. These services require money and I have no problem helping out. I appreciate the work you guys do for us to enjoy playing the games we love.

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
#4144007 - 07/08/15 01:11 AM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: citizen guod]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: citizen guod
Thanks guys, let me clear-up a few points. When I sold SimHQ.com to RacerGT's company, our agreement was for me to keep running the game server and it is my monthly rental. Our agreement includes Arma3, Insurgency, and anything else that you guys come up with along with the TS3 server use. The game server would also include a flight sim or two, but it seems beyond Falcon 4 BMS, not much else runs from a server nowadays. In addition to the previous, it also includes care and feeding of the Teamspeak server. Now RacerGT has helped with the expenses on the game server and the TS3 server for you guys. But right now the expenses are beyond what we have budgeted month-to-month. So that is why I'm tossing out a flare. Its a temporary crisis and once past it we will be okay (I think). Some of you have been way more generous that you should have, but it is greatly appreciated. No one is going to bounce Arma3 for the racing stuff because I'm the one that runs the game and TS3 server. Matter-of-fact, saghen mentioned in a thread "over there" that the informal Thursday night Arma3 has become more active. Because of that I moved our upcoming rF2 stock car racing night from Thursday to Wednesday to not cut into your events. We try to NEVER compete one SimHQ event against a SimHQ Motorsports event with one exception. We have a once a month endurance race on Saturday's and that was keeping Arma3 Saturday's off once a month. But adlabs and Meat knew about them so they did well to schedule around it. And BTW, kudos and cheers to adlabs and Meat. They keep it all going for Arma3 and Insurgency, and adlabs is the resident genius and my go to guy for Teamspeak settings. Just for the record, my company is still in business: SimHQ Inc which is incorporated here in Tejas.

Just to be clear: That was not meant as a serious swipe at the motor sports side of things in any way, I was just trying to make a small joke. I'm nothing but grateful for the hosting service SimHQ provides.

Off to greener pastures
#4144010 - 07/08/15 01:17 AM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Oh no problem! I didn't take it that way. But just so you guys know it is equally shared turf so you won't be slighted. wink

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#4144037 - 07/08/15 04:50 AM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: citizen guod]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
yea its sort of a REALLY long running joke before everything got well organized hahaha

and no problem doug, gotta get the arma fix after all these years smile

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#4144089 - 07/08/15 11:12 AM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for the update guod and definitely a big thanks to you, meatshield and adlabs for running the show so smoothly.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4147558 - 07/17/15 03:44 AM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Wow...I had no idea of the situation and only happened on this thread by chance because I was thinking about upgrading from Arma2 to Arma3.

I don't play online at all really...pretty much an offline guy...but I threw a little goodwill towards the cause via the donate button. If this issue worsens...maybe give it a little more exposure in the Community Hall? It's kinda hidden away here...just a thought.

Cheers!

thumbsup

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4159123 - 08/19/15 12:38 AM Re: A bit of tin rattleing [Re: Meatsheild]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Donation inbound...I use SimHQ TS all the time so I appreciate the service.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.