Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4142456 - 07/03/15 08:50 AM Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future!  
Legend Offline
Legsie is such a
Legend  Offline
Legsie is such a
Hotshot

Zutphen, NL / ShangHai, China

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4142466 - 07/03/15 09:38 AM Re: Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future! [Re: Legend]  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK
LOL. Brilliant.

so true.

I love College Humour smile

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
#4142469 - 07/03/15 09:53 AM Re: Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future! [Re: Legend]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
The scary thing is that the artists aren't making more than a few cents per download/stream now.

Friend of mine is a professional musician and obviously has a connection into the business. Recording 10 tracks in CD Quality costs a lot of money and time. But with the new services, if you're going to listen to a hundreds of songs per month for 10$, what will be left for the artists?

I like free stuff and I like the global, free internet. But here we end up with huge coporations making huge money by agglomerating a lot of individual's work who make no money.

#4142479 - 07/03/15 11:17 AM Re: Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future! [Re: Legend]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

Apple sucks.

My wife has an iPad.

Every week once a week she goes into APP and check for updates to the APPs she'd already installed on her iPad.

Last night she did the same thing and it told her 8 APP needs updating including Facebook and Hotel.com and Uber and Chrome, etc etc

Well, when she click update button next to each one to start the download, a pop up told her that iTunes and Apple terms of service has changed.

She needs to read them and accept them before the update can proceed.

So she tap okay and it takes her to the terms of service page and it's

47 pages!!

She tried to just scroll through the first page and read just the first page and tap I AGREE.

NOPE!

It told her she hasn't read the other 46 pages!

What a crock of POOP!

So she can scroll through every page without reading from top to bottom and who knows what's in there.

Like what I read recently about the updated terms for PayPal saying they can use the information you provide and the information from people you have sent and receive $ to or the information from merchants you purchased from using PayPal plus your personal and their personal contact information and use such information to send you SPAM and Robocalls and Texts anytime PayPal feels like it and then sell that information to third party whoever they are wherever PayPal sees fit to do so!

Don't believe me?

Here:

http://consumerist.com/2015/06/02/paypal...exts-for-users/

#4142496 - 07/03/15 12:28 PM Re: Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future! [Re: Legend]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Dammit, i thought it was going to be something awesome and new that we really needed... like an iCalculator or iPen or an iCoffecup! Then you can plug your iPhone into so it can tell you if it is too sugary and therefore unhealthy and then instantly open a fitness app and demand you do pushups or it will play U2 over and over until you finish your iQuota !

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4142498 - 07/03/15 12:35 PM Re: Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future! [Re: CG2015]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: CG2015
Apple sucks.

So she can scroll through every page without reading from top to bottom and who knows what's in there.

Apples TOS gets the same rating as most of the big boys like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc. A Solid thumbsdown.

In a nutshell..

- Terms may be changed any time at their discretion, without notice to the user
They can change the terms of service any time they see fit, even without notification to the user. Your use of the service supposedly constitutes acceptance of the changes in the terms. They can delete any of your data ( icloud files, music, messages, etc.) at any time and without notice.

You agree to that..or you don't use the product/service. It's simple biggrin

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4142500 - 07/03/15 12:39 PM Re: Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future! [Re: Ajay]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted By: Ajay
Dammit, i thought it was going to be something awesome and new that we really needed... like an iCalculator or iPen or an iCoffecup! Then you can plug your iPhone into so it can tell you if it is too sugary and therefore unhealthy and then instantly open a fitness app and demand you do pushups or it will play U2 over and over until you finish your iQuota !

hahaha clapping

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4142688 - 07/03/15 10:54 PM Re: Apple's Latest & Greatest... and their plans for the future! [Re: Legend]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
My camera has been sucked into the black hole my house has become, so I'll show a couple of old pics of my current generation iPod Shuffles (his and hers)...

I love these little players because they fit nicely on my customized headphones (used soldering gun to replaced wiring - good sound and no wire hanging)...

As long as Apple keeps the next version...

+ not requiring an Apple account
+ not requiring a newer version of iTunes/Windows
+ like the 2nd and 4th (current) generation (the 3rd was a disaster)

...I'll continue purchasing them. Once the online/account requirement becomes mandatory (and you know it will eventually), no more new Shuffles for me.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.