Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
#4127930 - 06/02/15 03:00 PM Re: In search of answers... *** [Re: Airdrop01]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
1. Is it true that there is no 777 Studios and 1C any longer?

2. If so, is 1CGS the combined entity?

3. If not, are 1C and 777 free to pursue other business endeavors separately?

In other words, are 1C's associates necessarily 777's associate?

1. I'm not sure what you mean.

2. Yes 1CGS is parts of 1C combined with 777.

3. 777 is part of 1CGS. 1C can do whatever they like.

All 777 team works for 1CGS.

Jason

#4127932 - 06/02/15 03:02 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: Airdrop01]  

Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Is there a way to reset the campaign as it exists that can be done server side, as were the unlocks?

I know this has been asked, but I don't think there is a way at the moment to do that.

Jason

#4127933 - 06/02/15 03:02 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
They never said they would not improve it, they just aren't "improving" it in the way a subset of customers want. The word improving is also a subjective term. Not everyone hates our campaign system and usage of it on a per capita basis is above ROFs so what does that mean? The majority of users are "session" gamers and they don't have time for lengthy role-playing sim sessions so a campaign like ours is acceptable it seems.

Jason

This is just my opinion, I believe the above can be a little misleading. I remember early on Loft touting how the SP campaign was so good, as it was already spanking the numbers you guys see folks playing the ROF campaign in.

Well, early one, everyone had to play the campaign due to the unlocks, no choice until that was removed. That was when Loft was bragging on how popular the campaign was, I personally found that somewhat misleading. Even with the unlocks gone for the most part, one still has to play the campaign if they want to unlock skins,,,

Secondly , yes I felt the beta career in ROF was very good. I played it after getting ROF almost immediately, and played it many months until I discovered PWCG. PWCG is the only sole reason the beta career did not see more numbers. I am sure that was the case for many of us, not that we were not interested in a SP career system.

If BOS had of simply had the beta career that ROF has, I would still be playing it and would have been quite happy. Now maybe I am in the minority on this, who knows, but I can state that would be the case for myself. And likely would have already invested in BOM. Heck, the beta Career in ROF was my main motivating factor that got me to buy into EA of BOS when it first became available.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4127936 - 06/02/15 03:07 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

No I don't know the details or plans. I haven't been briefed yet.

Jason

Ok thanks for the candid answer, much appreciated...

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4127942 - 06/02/15 03:19 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom

Clearly you are just trying to catch me in a lie like this is some kind of debate class. What do you want from me exactly? To admit I handled something wrong or poorly?

No I asked a question - do you categorically deny that you posted a forum members credit card details in an open forum, just that, no caveat's just a simple question that do you categorically deny that you posted a forum members credit card details in an open forum?

#4127943 - 06/02/15 03:19 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: dburne]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
Originally Posted By: dburne
They never said they would not improve it, they just aren't "improving" it in the way a subset of customers want. The word improving is also a subjective term. Not everyone hates our campaign system and usage of it on a per capita basis is above ROFs so what does that mean? The majority of users are "session" gamers and they don't have time for lengthy role-playing sim sessions so a campaign like ours is acceptable it seems.

Jason

This is just my opinion, I believe the above can be a little misleading. I remember early on Loft touting how the SP campaign was so good, as it was already spanking the numbers you guys see folks playing the ROF campaign in.

Well, early one, everyone had to play the campaign due to the unlocks, no choice until that was removed. That was when Loft was bragging on how popular the campaign was, I personally found that somewhat misleading. Even with the unlocks gone for the most part, one still has to play the campaign if they want to unlock skins,,,

Secondly , yes I felt the beta career in ROF was very good. I played it after getting ROF almost immediately, and played it many months until I discovered PWCG. PWCG is the only sole reason the beta career did not see more numbers. I am sure that was the case for many of us, not that we were not interested in a SP career system.

If BOS had of simply had the beta career that ROF has, I would still be playing it and would have been quite happy. Now maybe I am in the minority on this, who knows, but I can state that would be the case for myself. And likely would have already invested in BOM. Heck, the beta Career in ROF was my main motivating factor that got me to buy into EA of BOS when it first became available.

Was about to post the same, hard to compare the two campaigns in number of people who play it as the unlocks basically forces people to have to play it in BoS if they want any of that stuff. Even with the premium you still have to play it to unlock skins. One is entirely optional (RoF) the other is sorta optional, provided you don't care about flying over snow without a winter paint job :P

BoS campaign has other things tied to it that the RoF one doesn't.

I played bits and pieces of the RoF one because I wanted to.

I played parts of the BoS one cause I sorta had to.

#4127955 - 06/02/15 03:54 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: JagerNeun]  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Jason, are you as frustrated as the majority of the people who bought BoS that the graphics options are locked out? Do you have any influence on who was in charge of the decision and if they are determined to not change the presets, please for the love of god can you ask them to just give one option which will be to have a tick box to turn SSAO on or off? Just that one option....SSAO on or off wink

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
#4127963 - 06/02/15 04:18 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  

Originally Posted By: Mysticpuma2003
Jason, are you as frustrated as the majority of the people who bought BoS that the graphics options are locked out? Do you have any influence on who was in charge of the decision and if they are determined to not change the presets, please for the love of god can you ask them to just give one option which will be to have a tick box to turn SSAO on or off? Just that one option....SSAO on or off wink

I'm not frustrated, but I personally prefer more options to tweak, but then again I'm not handling support issues which more options generate. I've made the request you mentioned about SSAO, but it's not my call. I believe only the Ultra settings include SSAO no? I don't even remember. I usually just play on Ultra.

As was mentioned in the previous DD the sky was tweaked, so maybe there are more tweaks, but I have not yet seen a list of what will be in the next update yet. Have no idea if there are changes to graphics options.

Jason

#4127967 - 06/02/15 04:29 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

I believe only the Ultra settings include SSAO no? I don't even remember. I usually just play on Ultra.

I run Ultra as well and I didn't notice this effect until I tried the High setting once where it's much more noticeable. Honestly I don't think the effect is really "Screen Space Ambient Occusion" but it sounds as if it's tied to that setting or it was back when it was available. Maybe it's just possible to improve or remove the effect itself. It looks like foggy goggles.

Last edited by SharpeXB; 06/02/15 04:31 PM.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4127968 - 06/02/15 04:31 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: JagerNeun]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
The 'support issues' excuse is so disengenous.

Come on, we're not all brand new to this hobby.

Lots of us play games that other developers made, including many from very small developers, and ALL PC games offer graphical options.

Why aren't all the other small developers drowning under an avalanche of support tickets?

Anyway, if that really were such a genuine concern, why not simply add a tickbox "by choosing Custom settings you agree that we cannot offer technical support"?

It's just smacks of another example of doing whatever the hell you what, to hell with what the customer wants, and say any old feeble excuse to justify it.

#4127970 - 06/02/15 04:34 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Bongo accused me of lying about a teammates sickness to gain favor with the community. That's lower than dog crap and he deserved my wrath that day. Funny how you brag about being no BS, but when I'm no BS I'm a jerk. I do not have to be a punching bag for you guys. I'm the sorry SOB that tries to give you what you want.

I tried to reason with you one last time Bliss. I'm done.

And if by "attacking" me I'd know it is a physical threat it's duly noted.

Jason

I did not accuse you of anything, I made a flippant remark saying I'd hate to find out you were lying about it, we have seen some rather bizarre behaviour from your development team.
if you really were trying to give us what we want you'd listen to criticism and change stuff like graphic presets, dumb unlocks and stale SP campaigns.

I deserve an apology if anything for your childish rant, quite frankly though.......[Text deleted]

Let's not do that. Thanks.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 06/02/15 05:46 PM. Reason: Moderation
#4127974 - 06/02/15 04:39 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: JagerNeun]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
Is it fair to ask, Jason, what exactly is your function regarding bos?

You seem to have absolutely no control over anything relating to bos.

#4127992 - 06/02/15 04:59 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: bongodriver]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Bongo accused me of lying about a teammates sickness to gain favor with the community. That's lower than dog crap and he deserved my wrath that day. Funny how you brag about being no BS, but when I'm no BS I'm a jerk. I do not have to be a punching bag for you guys. I'm the sorry SOB that tries to give you what you want.

I tried to reason with you one last time Bliss. I'm done.

And if by "attacking" me I'd know it is a physical threat it's duly noted.

Jason

I did not accuse you of anything, I made a flippant remark saying I'd hate to find out you were lying about it, we have seen some rather bizarre behaviour from your development team.
if you really were trying to give us what we want you'd listen to criticism and change stuff like graphic presets, dumb unlocks and stale SP campaigns.

I deserve an apology if anything for your childish rant, quite frankly though.......[Text deleted]

Face it. You were WAY out of line with that remark. You pretty much deserve the response you got.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 06/02/15 05:48 PM. Reason: Quoted text deleted

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4127996 - 06/02/15 05:03 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: JagerNeun]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Nope.

#4128019 - 06/02/15 05:35 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: SharpeXB]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: SharpeXB
Face it. You were WAY out of line with that remark. You pretty much deserve the response you got.

No he wasn't and no he didn't

#4128028 - 06/02/15 05:47 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: JagerNeun]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Jason:

Just a couple comments fwiw from a disheartened customer that no longer plays BOS and no intent of purchasing BOM. I have to think there are many SP guys much like myself. Obviously these shots are called in Moscow as you have stated, but they ain't here at least participating in this discussion.

1: Give us a career mode ala ROF. Yes I realize more folks probably went to PWCG over the beta career, but I am telling you the same type of career mode for BOS would do wonders for the SP community. Something like PWCG is obviously far off if ever. They already have the basis of that mode available from ROF, maybe it would be much more difficult than I envision, but the basics are there already.

2: Give us the same graphic and controller options ala ROF. Many of us, heck probably most dedicated long term flight simmers, invest in controllers and computer hardware just because we have these abilities available in PC gaming. This is a big reason so many of us choose to do this gaming over the PC rather than a console.

Imho, those two things right there would be a large boon for BOS/BOM.

Don

#4128037 - 06/02/15 06:10 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: Sunchaser]  

Originally Posted By: Sunchaser
Is it fair to ask, Jason, what exactly is your function regarding bos?

You seem to have absolutely no control over anything relating to bos.

I'm not involved directly with development to the extent I was with ROF this is true. I mainly handle several business related things in the background and I try to give context on the forums to what the team is doing, I give my partners suggestions and try to steer the project in the direction I think it should go to the extent that I can. Whether you know it or not my influence on BOS is there. I also work on special 3rd party projects, marketing, business development and keep my eye out for problems like bugs that need to be fixed etc. and work to correct them.

I also keep my eye out for other opportunities that may help the sim genre. It's what I have done for over a decade now. I've had quite a bit of success bringing products to the community no one else cared to and there were failures too, but it's still fun to make things happen. Whether I am involved directly in software development or not there is still much to do. I am also an owner and as such I am involved in all aspects of the product in some way or another.

Jason

#4128039 - 06/02/15 06:20 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: dburne]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
Originally Posted By: dburne
Jason:

Just a couple comments fwiw from a disheartened customer that no longer plays BOS and no intent of purchasing BOM. I have to think there are many SP guys much like myself. Obviously these shots are called in Moscow as you have stated, but they ain't here at least participating in this discussion.

1: Give us a career mode ala ROF. Yes I realize more folks probably went to PWCG over the beta career, but I am telling you the same type of career mode for BOS would do wonders for the SP community. Something like PWCG is obviously far off if ever. They already have the basis of that mode available from ROF, maybe it would be much more difficult than I envision, but the basics are there already.

2: Give us the same graphic and controller options ala ROF. Many of us, heck probably most dedicated long term flight simmers, invest in controllers and computer hardware just because we have these abilities available in PC gaming. This is a big reason so many of us choose to do this gaming over the PC rather than a console.

Imho, those two things right there would be a large boon for BOS/BOM.

THIS + 1 million!!!
It would get me playing BoS again, plus I'd buy BoM...

#4128052 - 06/02/15 06:51 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: SharpeXB]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: SharpeXB
The fact that modders have been able to make the game sucessful with their own volunteer efforts doesn't mean CoD should serve as some sort of benchmark or standard for this genre. If we want any more of these products made they need to have realistic and achievable goals. CoD is the past and the best that can be done is to learn from the example and go forward. The future is bright for this hobby.

Modders also did this for IL-2 1946, as was done for Red Baron 3D before it. Albert's insular approach to BoS is an aberration, not the norm, and will restrict the overall growth and lifespan of BoS. Games like the ARMA series that encourage an active modding community continue this tradition into the future. Loft's efforts to create a new norm will go nowhere. And its disappointing to see some folks supporting his efforts to do so.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4128056 - 06/02/15 06:58 PM Re: In search of answers... [Re: JagerNeun]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Well, I wil say this: I own a business with roughly $20M in annual revenue, so smallish but not insignificant. I have something like 20 partners, with varying degrees of power. I have the largest possible equity stake and yet that means I still have almost no control whatsoever individually.

In other words, I can at least appreciate how you can be an owner and still not have control.

I really don't like the Moscow part of this at all. I don't like how at what I will call the middle (after EA but before now) the U.S. side handled P.R. and customers either. I won't buy BOM because of the way SP was done (though I think it could be fixed, I'm not a software person so don't know but I am not sure I believe Zhilkov and his group have any interest in what I want (which is something I wish I knew before I became a "founder."). Nevertheless, I appreciate you answering questions.

I really wish the SP part would be addressed. Heck, as boring as the SP is, if I could even just reset the campaign at will or adjust the difficulty (the level system is nuts) let alone have a pilot or "regiment," I'd be willing to give it a go.

But as is, I just don't think we (I) am the target audience. The irritating part of that isn't that, it is that I feel we were mislead to get the cash. Maybe not by you but by 1CGS. The thing of it is is that while you may not have control for the decisions of a business in which you're a partner, you're still responsible for those decisions and do not get to disavow them.

This offering of answering questions is honestly the first time I felt someone acknowledged that so at least there is that and for that I say thanks.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.