Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4127924 - 06/02/15 02:56 PM Mic Not working XBox One??  
The Nephilim Online tunes
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Online Tunes
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
Hey Guys,

My Nephew has an Xbox one and uses voice chat in some of his games but the mic does not seem to work.. I was over there yesterday trying to et it working but no go..

I can tell you these things:

1. HE has an Open NAT
2. Brand new controller and has 2 controllers both updated I think..
3. BRand new headset single ear piece with mic..
4. The mic tested fine on a Windows laptop so it is not the mike broke..

I also turned off Kinect voice so it should pick up the mic.. I am unsure what eles I can do to check in the settings so I am here looking for assistance on the more knowledgable users.. The support forums at Microsoft for Xbox seem about useless..

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4128236 - 06/03/15 12:49 AM Re: Mic Not working XBox One?? [Re: The Nephilim]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
I had audio problems with my headset awhile back and called MS support and they walked me through a fix. I know your issue is with a mic and mine was more sound related but this might fix your nephew's problem too.

Here's the chat I had with MS support. Follow the steps starting with the line of RED text.

Andy: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Andy. How can I help you today?
you: HI Andy. I'm having a problem with my new xbox one controller.
Andy: Hi Leemz! I understand that you have an issue on your controller. NO worries I will do my best to help you.
you: ok thanks. yesterday afternoon it was working perfectly fine. however, when i went to use it again after dinner a few hours later, i noticed that i wasn't getting any audio from the stereo headset.
Andy: Thank you for that information, may I know what steps have you done before contacting us?
you: i plugged the headset into an ipod and the headset worked fine. so i assumed the issue was the adapter. i went to the store where i bought the headset and they swapped out the adapter but when i got home, the headset still didn't work. so i then assumed the problem was the controller. so i bought a new controller and the headset is now working so i have to assume that the gamepad is the problem. everything else works with the gamepad except no audio.
Andy: Thank you for that information.
you: i'm getting no audio from the headset (xbox headset by the way) and the chat set.
Andy: For us to resolve this, we might need to do some steps that will possibly resolve this, if the steps did not work, we need to request a replacement okay?
Andy: I will provide the steps now. Are you ready?
you: ok, let's give it a shot.
Andy: Alright!
Andy: Please go to Settings>> Disc & Blu-ray >>Persistent Storage >> Clear Persistent Storage. Please do this step for 3 times.
Andy: Please let me know once you'jre done.
Andy: *you're
you: ok gimme a sec. i'm sharing a monitor with my pc and xbox so i have to switch back and forth.
you: i'm using new controller now. do i need to use the "broken" one?
Andy: Yes please use it now.
you: ok, i gotta swap out the battery pack.
you: ok, storage cleared three times.
Andy: After you have done clearing Persistent Storage, please go to Settings >> Network >> Advanced Settings >> Alternate MAC>> Clear Alternate MAC >>Restart
you: ok.
Andy: Please let me know once you're done.
you: ok, restarted and back up.
Andy: Alright! Please sign in and try to join a party.
Andy: Please let me know the result.
you: ok, i'm stupid. how do i join a party. haven't tried on the xbo yet.
you: do i need the chat set plugged in?
Andy: Oh, yes please.
you: can it be the headphones instead?
Andy: There is a possibility but we still need to check okay?
you: ok, how do i join a party?
Andy: Join a party that your friends are already in
Andy: 1.To return to the Home screen, press the Xbox button, or say “Xbox, go home.”
Andy: 2.Select your Profile tile (the tall tile on the left side of the Home screen).
Andy: 3.Select the friend that you would you like to party with.
Andy: 4.On that friend’s gamercard, scroll down to Join and select Party.
you: ok.
Andy: Please let me know once you're in okay?
you: yes, got into a party and i could hear them and they could hear me.
Andy: Alright! It means your audio is working now?
you: sounds like it. so, were those steps a permanent fix or is it possible i'll have to go through them again?
Andy: You're issue now was resolve and no worries, you will not experience this kind of issue again okay?

Hope this works for your nephew. If not, I'd suggest he call MS support. They were very helpful.

Last edited by LeemzHQ; 06/03/15 12:51 AM.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#4129738 - 06/05/15 03:44 PM Re: Mic Not working XBox One?? [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

Well so Far no good this is weird I am going to have to go over there and check some things for myself.. Maybe even call support while I am there..

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#4130432 - 06/07/15 03:54 AM Re: Mic Not working XBox One?? [Re: The Nephilim]  
S3D GuRu
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

anybody elese have any ideas?

#4130438 - 06/07/15 04:20 AM Re: Mic Not working XBox One?? [Re: The Nephilim]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
You probably already tried this but I heard that there were headset adapter issues that were resolved by the XBOne Controller update... so if you haven't tried that yet, try updating the controller or try using another controller and headset adapter to see if you can isolate the problem to the XBOne or controller or adapter.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.