Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4099281 - 03/30/15 06:29 PM still getting game freeze during missions over heavy terrain (towns)  
johnnydrake Offline
johnnydrake  Offline

Prairies of western Canada
I am still getting occasional game freezes during my missions. I have to reboot my computer. I am wondering if this is occuring with anyone else. They always happen over high graphic areas such as towns or airfields. My fps when this happens is usually in the 20s but has occurred once when the fps was 46. I have been potentially robbed of confirmed victories 4 times as my game will freeze as I am landing on my homefield after downing an aircraft.. I have: 3.8 ghz CYBERPOWER PC......2gb video card, and 16 gb RAM. Will this be addressed in an update or am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4100126 - 04/01/15 10:59 AM Re: still getting game freeze during missions over heavy terrain (towns) [Re: johnnydrake]  
markl Offline
markl  Offline

I get this also with WOFF, no idea how to fix it. Like you I have to reboot. Taskmanager does not seem able to close the game so have to reboot. Sorry could not be of help aside from letting you know you are not alone. I my rig is not all that bad either.

Regards MarkL

MarkL
#4101861 - 04/05/15 12:25 PM Re: still getting game freeze during missions over heavy terrain (towns) [Re: johnnydrake]  
almccoyjr Offline
almccoyjr  Offline

Austell, GA.
Every once in awhile, I drop in to see what's happening and I can't help but to respond to these query.

FPS has nothing to do with freezing, stuttering or micro stutters. It's just the most base, coarsest method of trying to measure performance.

If you do some research in the archives looking into tech conversations from myself, Tamper, Parky, BirddogICT, Panama Red, Homeboy, to name a few, you'll find a wealth of information regarding your problems.

Since your having a full freeze to the point that Task Manager is not functioning, you experiencing a full crash caused more than likely by a "buffer overrun".

There aren't any "patches" for this; no "update" will solve this either. I don't mean to sound or be condescending, but you haven't begun to optimize OFF or WOFF for your particular systems.

plug_nickel

#4119944 - 05/13/15 03:31 PM Re: still getting game freeze during missions over heavy terrain (towns) [Re: johnnydrake]  
johnnydrake Offline
johnnydrake  Offline

Prairies of western Canada
I have MORE than begun to have my computer "optimized". Besides myself I have even had our resident "techie" who is an avid gamer and programmer pick apart my computer and experiment with countless settings. He has scratched his head raw trying to figure it out. We went over all of the FAQs repeatedly as well as all of the helpful ideas by fellow WOFFers like myself who were experiencing similar crashes.I have read EVERY post pertaining to this problem in all of the Forums. All of the Dx9 shaders have been successfully installed on my computer. After giving him free reign we (he!) finally got it! Success! My computer had been optimized by a wily computer veteran!
Postscript. The game worked like a charm for 97 campaign missions, different pilots, different years-yes I actually counted the missions. Then without warning, no updates (my computer is offline)no mods, no installations of ANY programs, it began happening again. Now every second to third mission ends in a screen freeze crash.
If WOFF was not such a fascinating game, I would have given up on it months ago. However, I have been on the WOFF OFF scene since 2006 and will continue to play this great game. It will however have to be done with the shaders off.

#4120114 - 05/13/15 11:09 PM Re: still getting game freeze during missions over heavy terrain (towns) [Re: johnnydrake]  
almccoyjr Offline
almccoyjr  Offline

Austell, GA.
Sounds like "Attributes" >Write or Read Only< is corrupted in one or more .dll shader files. If these aren't flushed properly, you'll experience MAJOR buffer problems when processing scenes.

Use Process Monitor or Process Lasso to track all the calls to trace the offending file(s).

plug_nickel

#4127182 - 05/31/15 09:25 PM Re: still getting game freeze during missions over heavy terrain (towns) [Re: johnnydrake]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

97 missions? Seriously sounds like WOFF is running very very well.
If it breaks eventually then something else is becoming changed or damaged.

Try checking your hardware, scan disks for errors Check cooling and so on.
Maybe every 95 missions blow dust from your fans/heatsinks etc. Maybe also check the CPU heatsink if fitted correctly, seen far too many that are not.

This is totally the wrong thread for WOFF, and even more so for technical issues this is the FAQ section for stated useful tips etc.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.