Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4125585 - 05/27/15 03:16 PM More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy)  
Squid_DK Offline
Jack of all trades
Squid_DK  Offline
Jack of all trades

Copenhagen, Denmark
Got another batch of images, time to share.

First we have the entrance to our camp, we brought 11 tents ranging from 2 person knights tents to a field hospital, field cathedral as well as a shelter tent and a covered dining area.

Prepping food for the camp, feeding 55 reenactors three meals a day cost the organizers just close to $2500 the woman in the right foreground is my wife Sara

Rear section of the last procession, in shackles are the former bishop, accused of accepting bribes, now on the way to gather evidence, this little twist managed to really throw the relic pedlars of balance in the usual show.

The avantgarde of the procession, Templars in front.

Saying grace at the table, grace was comprised of one word: Bacon!

Archers at the grand battle after the command "knock" comes "Draw"

"Draw" is followed by "loose" this is the result in a calibration shot before the grand battle

The result on the calibration target

Teutonic knight battling a prussian mercenary in the grand battle

Yours truly at a quiet moment about thirty minutes into the first shift at the market gates, the audience waiting to get in was kind enough to give way for an image. Note that while being in field kit, I wear no maille in teh entrance due to my suit not being ready in time for the fair, or I would have worn a maille hauberk as well as a ventailed coif.

Truly a fall from grace, the former bishop before being delt a thrashing by a knight of St John

The new bishop being suited up for his first procession. Also learning about where to get bribes such as mead sellars as well as relic swindlers. My wife is standing in white and grey to his left.

My two sons, Christian aged 5 in black in front and Harald age 3 in the background wearing his rangers tunic and feathered hat. Christian will start to learn the use of sword for real when he reaches 7. both kids loved this their first market, and they bravely soldiered on through rain, and almost freezing nights.

I've been behind before and still managed to loose
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4125586 - 05/27/15 03:21 PM Re: More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy) [Re: Squid_DK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing. smile

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4125588 - 05/27/15 03:22 PM Re: More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy) [Re: Squid_DK]  
Squid_DK Offline
Jack of all trades
Squid_DK  Offline
Jack of all trades

Copenhagen, Denmark
Advance guard of the procession, a Templar sargeant is carrying a replica of a bible found in France dating back to the 12th century.

Me sitting in the armory, telling the audience about rivetted maille and demonstrating the weave and construction, a member from the group has asked me to make a ventail for his coif so that is what I am working on here.

Finally, the staff present from the group korsfarerne, the second to last day, the weather was grand and I am placed in the middle next to a bishop and behind a monk, carrying my helm in front of me.

Regards Staffan

#4125774 - 05/27/15 09:25 PM Re: More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy) [Re: Squid_DK]  
WalterNowi Offline
WalterNowi  Offline

Arcadia, CA
Cool!

#4126059 - 05/28/15 03:29 PM Re: More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy) [Re: Squid_DK]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
Very authentic costumery & armour.
Reenactments over here tend to be a bit shouty and running about with not much physical belabouring of opponents due to Health & Safety Regulations. Looks as though they are really going at it in your shots!
As a longbowman myself, I was interested in the archery pics. I take it there are not bodkins used in the calibration salvo?

#4126811 - 05/30/15 04:06 PM Re: More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy) [Re: BD-123]  
Squid_DK Offline
Jack of all trades
Squid_DK  Offline
Jack of all trades

Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted By: BD-123
Very authentic costumery & armour.
Reenactments over here tend to be a bit shouty and running about with not much physical belabouring of opponents due to Health & Safety Regulations. Looks as though they are really going at it in your shots!
As a longbowman myself, I was interested in the archery pics. I take it there are not bodkins used in the calibration salvo?

The group I and my family are in are very strict that things should be as close to reality as it is, that goes even to maille that are usually of the rivetted type (Mine is very soon to arrive from the armourer that does it, then I will have to do a few things on it, such as ventail on the coif, mittens on the sleeves a a few minor things. Regarding the archery all arrows are with a leather tip, so no penetrations can occur, but even with good attire (gambeson and maille shirt/hauberk,) they will leave a mark.
No injuries in the grand battle, as opposed to battle of nations where quite a few injuries were sustained.

Staffan

#4127079 - 05/31/15 03:00 PM Re: More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy) [Re: Squid_DK]  
streakeagle Offline
streakeagle  Offline

Seffner, FL USA
Great photos! Have always loved these type of events.

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
discussion: an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
censorship: practice of suppressing a text or part of a text that is considered objectionable
#4128140 - 06/02/15 09:23 PM Re: More medieval pictures (WARNING! Photo heavy) [Re: Squid_DK]  
Robbster Offline
Robbster  Offline

Calgary, Canada
That looks like so much fun.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.