Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4122426 - 05/20/15 08:48 AM Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS  
Evil Flower Offline
Evil Flower  Offline

Eslöv, Sverige
After a year and a half. we've finally released it.

Quote:
No In Apps/Advertising. No Pay-to-Progress. One Price = Full Game.

The long awaited sequel to the best-selling "Pacific Fleet" is finally here!
Atlantic Fleet is a turn-based tactical and strategic simulation of the Battle of the Atlantic during World War II.

Features:
- Stunning full 3D graphics and environments, including underwater
- A unique blend of deep strategic planning combined with quick tactical decisions
- Play as the Royal Navy and her allies or Kriegsmarine (German navy)
- Up to 10 versus 10 ships in combat
- 3 Game Modes:
1) Single Battle Editor with 30 Historical Missions for standalone combat
2) Campaign of 50 missions per faction
3) Full Dynamic Campaign from 1939 to 1945
- Individually saved games for each campaign and faction
- Multiplayer Hotseat for Single Battles
- Sink ships with realistic buoyancy physics, not with hit-point bars!
- Target specific ship subsystems to sink or cripple the enemy
- Destructible ships, subsystems and visual damage to ships
- 60 historical ship classes representing over 630 ships and 350 submarines
- 13 playable aircraft
- Submarine warfare, Wolf Packs and Convoys
- Carrier operations and land-based air strikes
- Too many more to list here, visit killerfishgames.com

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4128719 - 06/03/15 08:35 PM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
eonel Offline
eonel  Offline

Zurich, Switzerland
Bought it, playing it ( a lot ) & loving it.

I do have a question on aircraft attacks. I obviously try to keep the carriers away from the battle front line. But I find lining up the aircraft for attack very difficult - I have to set the exact direction of the attack while the aircraft is before or above the carrier - and the blue trajectory arrow does not extend very far. So setting an aircraft trajectory that goes directly I over the enemy ship is very difficult. Ships cannon red trajectory lines go all the way over enemy ship + have binoculars so are easy to line up.

I suspect I am doing something wrong...

#4128764 - 06/03/15 10:18 PM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
Bought it on android. I'd have killed for this on pc a few years ago!

I'm just getting going. I tried the Pacific Fleet demo first. Atlantic has much more to offer, though. I've just played a mission where smoke from a wreck obscured the targets to the point I couldn't fire. Some really cool touches.

#4129046 - 06/04/15 02:16 PM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: eonel]  
TimeFusedExistence Offline
TimeFusedExistence  Offline

Sea of Tranquility
Originally Posted By: eonel

I do have a question on aircraft attacks. I obviously try to keep the carriers away from the battle front line. But I find lining up the aircraft for attack very difficult - I have to set the exact direction of the attack while the aircraft is before or above the carrier - and the blue trajectory arrow does not extend very far. So setting an aircraft trajectory that goes directly I over the enemy ship is very difficult. Ships cannon red trajectory lines go all the way over enemy ship + have binoculars so are easy to line up.

I suspect I am doing something wrong...

When selecting aircraft attack of any type select the enemy target vessel! By default like in Pacific Fleet the attack icon and bearing centers on your carrier or ship calling the aircraft(s) into action so use the camera or map to select enemy, the map is even easier but then ofc switch back to 3D view to set the attack angle

hope that helps

TFE

#4129056 - 06/04/15 02:26 PM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
Evil Flower Offline
Evil Flower  Offline

Eslöv, Sverige
We have a 55-page manual in pdf format:

Here

#4130039 - 06/06/15 12:38 AM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
eonel Offline
eonel  Offline

Zurich, Switzerland
Thanks for answering the question & thanks for the link to the manual. I'm sure it will answer other questions I have.

I am up to Mission 25 in the Allied campaign. Battleships & subs are doing the trick for me..

Once again, congrats on a great game.

#4140055 - 06/26/15 11:23 PM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Working through the game, will do review soon. Lots to like.

H

[Linked Image]
#4145168 - 07/10/15 07:50 PM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based

[Linked Image]
#4148016 - 07/18/15 08:16 AM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
Just completed the fifty mission campaign.

I have no subtlety so my force of three battleships took the punishment and dished it out in return. I was amused that the Tirpitz and Bismarck were the lesser threats in the enemy fleet during the last few encounters.

Next is the Battle of the Atlantic. I think I've got value for money with this game.

#4151595 - 07/29/15 07:01 AM Re: Atlantic Fleet is out for IOS [Re: Evil Flower]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Review done, also got some input from Nils Dücker (Evilflower) on some design questions.

Yes easily worth the tenner.

Here's a nice little anecdote - my grandfather Jack Lundie served in the RAN in the Atlantic and the Med on the HMAS Nizam. So it was a nice touch to see the game features the N class destroyers and in pretty nice historical detail.

Here is Nizam in game:

and as she was

He then transferred to HMAS Quickmatch. The Q class destroyers are also there, including Quickmatch.

For a bit of fun I set up a 1-1 conflict between Nizam and the Graf Spee. The pea shooters on the Nizam weren't going to be any use, so I thought I would try to get in close, under smoke (the game does this element really well) and then pump Graf Spee full of torpedoes. Closest I got before taking a broadside was about 5,000 yards and one broadside is all it takes...the ship AI does a good job. I had Nizam steaming flank speed under smoke for Graf Spee and she would turn away, trying to keep separation, firing with rear turret, and then every now and then go broadside on and give me a volley. Once I got close in, the AI alternated from the primary to the secondary guns so that it could bring more (but admittedly lower calibre) barrels on target. I tried a few times in good weather, might give it a go in foul weather, see if that helps!

Lucky Grandpa Jack never tried!

H

Some random screenies

Underwater cam of Nurnberg sinking. Note the shell strikes shown where the shells actually hit, knocking out turrets, penetrating the deck etc.

Reviewing the action after a contact which didn't end so well for the Brits

If Germany had been able to get these babies together and take on the home fleet, they might have wreaked havoc. But they were after merchants, not navy ships

Wolfpack tactics work pretty well. The devs toned down the turning radius of the heavy battleships and cruisers in an update, so it is more realistic now

Three RN subs working together. One herds the merchants towards the others, for the kill

Sun sets on Admiral Scheer

Scharnhorst claims the Exeter in spectacular fashion, RN withdraws despite overwhelming superiority

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.