Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23
#4106430 - 04/15/15 05:17 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: komemiute

So I allow a lot of Allies the right to walk through my land.

Guido is still quite pissed off about it.

Doesn't really work...

Yep. I tried. It gave me the smallest boost but then...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4106450 - 04/15/15 07:35 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: oldgrognard]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline
Comrade_Hedgehog  Offline

The Sticks, England.
Originally Posted By: oldgrognard
Have you tried going down the list of all allied faction nations and granting them Transit rights ? Could help with the drift to the Allies.

Apart from Mexico and Bolivia, yes, he has.

Stang, now I need to write the next chapter....

Last edited by Comrade_Hedgehog; 04/15/15 07:35 AM.

Its not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about.
But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4108020 - 04/17/15 11:21 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
I more and more like how this develops! The German army is bogged down now in France and Belgium and even starts losing ground. In short: the Blitzkrieg failed in the west. Welcome to WW1 V2.0!

No jackboots on the Champs-Élysées for sure by now and I suppose the jackboots are more likely to uneasily shuffle around in Berlin, as the Führer is probably not too happy and suffers an endless routine of bad moustache days which are happily delivered by the staunchly defending Allies.

From your perspective there is light at the end of the tunnel and it still hasn't turned out to be the headlights of an approaching Panzer. smile

#4108402 - 04/18/15 08:53 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Heh, thanks.

At moment I still think I'm going to end up with not a single soldier fighting in Europe (which is fine for me)...
I love my Pixeltruppen.

Seriously, Zee Germans are really bogged down- but I wonder if that's sort of a voluntary balance while they are charging an uppercut unseen from too many.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4108883 - 04/20/15 07:18 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

This war already drags on for almost two years (started early, iirc)?
And what's the status of the USA - they are already member of the Allies, so I assume they also joined the war against Germany, correct?
Assuming that's correct, there is no way that Germany can still win this. They are just lucky that it is just a war on one front, so it may still drag on for a while longer.

#4108891 - 04/20/15 08:13 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
I love my Pixeltruppen.

Amo i miei virtuali soldati

smile

Alas! Poor Mario! I knew thee well!

Never was! There a better plumber!
Just a shame his uniform violation was er, excessive.

Last edited by Comrade_Hedgehog; 04/20/15 08:14 AM.

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4108918 - 04/20/15 10:17 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

LOL, anyway is "Amo i miei soldati virtuali".

In this case AMO is a bit... strong?
Let's say "Ci tengo, ai miei soldati virtuali".

And WhoCares? yeah, that's my hope. Being bogged down so badly, so early in Central Europe is Bad News for the Axis.

Now...
Whose confidence can I gain and then stab in the back for some territorial gain, mmh?
ready

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4109128 - 04/20/15 03:44 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
DrZebra Offline
crash-professional
DrZebra  Offline
crash-professional

steppe

Now...
Whose confidence can I gain and then stab in the back for some territorial gain, mmh?

maaaybe it is all just a prelude to a bigger war.. the communist block vs the rest of the allies? You could try shaping it a bit in that direction?

#4109143 - 04/20/15 04:18 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
ready

Errr...I'd refrain from that. It's the road to perdition, you will easily get dragged into the maw of the Axis by doing so - and by that I mean ending up in their camp.

If you're really looking for trouble...didn't you say you are not too fond of Albania? But then, why should you go there in the first place? Stay in Rome, enjoy the sunny weather, have some pasta and an espresso in a lovely cafe, while you observe the situation and do the best for your country - avoiding bloodshed (Mek'ele not included).

#4109191 - 04/20/15 05:53 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

LOLOLOL! You guys are the best! biggrin

Anyway, the backstabbing and land conquering message was in good humor.
I really aim at Democracy.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4109447 - 04/21/15 08:14 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
Benevolent Dictatorship!

It's no fun answering to the people.
They just cause hassle, having to win their confidence at elections, instead of running the country.

smile

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4110452 - 04/23/15 07:14 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: Comrade_Hedgehog]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Comrade_Hedgehog
Benevolent Dictatorship!

They just cause hassle, having to win their confidence at elections, instead of running the country.

smile

LAWL! It does look good sometimes having nobody to answer to... wink

Tonight, more fighting...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4110475 - 04/23/15 08:38 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
Originally Posted By: Comrade_Hedgehog
Benevolent Dictatorship!

smile

LAWL! It does look good sometimes having nobody to answer to... wink

Tonight, more fighting...

Paper pushing you mean? biggrin
The Swiss and ze Germans seem to have the "Screamund und yellund und bombsgedroppen" angle covered.

The life of a benevolent dictator:

"Lord Guido, sign here, here and here please."
"Giancarlo does this...he is my nominated deputy."
"Yes Duce, understandable Duce, but Giancarlo has hand cramp."
"You! Are my deputy now, Admiral."
"Crap."
"You will find me in the Restaurant Quarter! I must find a new apprentice.. I mean chef."
"Yes, Duce."

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4111450 - 04/25/15 12:05 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

It's taking painfully long to achieve the littlest thing... frown

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4115625 - 05/04/15 11:52 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
So I guess we're not going to get any more ? It's been a while.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4115670 - 05/04/15 01:08 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I know- and it pains me that I've been so caught up.

If it's of any consolation I've been recently on and off on Hearts Of Iron and I'll soon have an update.

What kills me a bit is the time needed to re-write what I played. :P

For what it's worth I'm REALLY sorry and I love this game very much- it's stab to not been able to dedicate it all the time it deserves...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4122095 - 05/19/15 12:42 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
I know- and it pains me that I've been so caught up.

If it's of any consolation I've been recently on and off on Hearts Of Iron and I'll soon have an update.

What kills me a bit is the time needed to re-write what I played. :P

For what it's worth I'm REALLY sorry and I love this game very much- it's stab to not been able to dedicate it all the time it deserves...

*Sigh*
Happy Wife, Happy Life.

I guess.

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4145907 - 07/13/15 10:09 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: Comrade_Hedgehog]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
bump

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4146128 - 07/13/15 09:09 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Spent the last 3 hours reading the entire AAR thread. Hoping you decide to pick it up again real soon.
Interesting balancing act trying to keep Italy neutral while building her armies for defense. No matter the final outcome imo you have done really well with your management to date.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4146269 - 07/14/15 07:48 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

The smoke from too many spent cigarettes hangs heavy in the dimly lit War-room.
Weak beams of light timidly push their way into the heavy air through weather battered wooden shutters.

The great deal of written reports, reconnaissance photographs and orders of Battles that have been scrutinized over and over through the too long night, is finally resting on the large, thick, wooden table.
While the men that worked them are catching some well deserved rest, the papers too lie finally alone -stained, scribbled, crumpled.

But it was worth.
The situation IS dire...
The thin line of men and machines courageously screening the Alps from the German "ally" is simply too thin.

Even accounting for the terrain, so suitable for a defensive stance.
Even accounting for the trench-works and fortifications present and newer ones being built.
Even the pride of the troops standing tall on the friendly, familiar mountaintops.
And even all the money spent on researching the most advanced weapons, war machines and specialized training.
The dozens of the newest fighters, with their daily overflying of the borders.
The entire industrial might of one nation is hellbent production...
but it's still simply not enough.

But something can be done.

As those in command are getting whatever sleep they can, others are running.
Via cars, trains, planes- some are even riding horses and old squeaking bikes.

The last cool hours of the summer's morning are giving up to the ferocious sun that has been hammering Italy since half June.

Orders that take weeks to be carried out, bureaucratic inertia slowing down the simplest operations, uselessly redundant chains of command.

And worse.
Nepotism, old- surpassed- military beliefs, favors, blind stupidity and corruption have been the real plague of Italy's Army for far too long.

That much was finally found and corrected.

Through the long night the entire army was virtually demolished and rebuilt.
Painstakingly careful to details and with razor-sharp decisions those few good men in command finally got rid of the last vestigial remains of the Imperialistic War School that for too long truly ruled the fields demanding the sacrifice of too many in the first World War.

The messages dispatched to the all-too-many HQ's scattered in and around the country started very simply- "Welcome to the new Italian Army"- and just as simply went on.
Mutilating useless branches, relocating efficient commanders where they were needed and removing those too old or too stupid to fight in a modern conflict.

Sure, there will be those refusing- screaming, a good deal of feet-stomping and delusional threats.

Ubi Major, Minor Cessat.
(Before the big problems, the small ones are forgotten.)

Either things starts being fluid, direct, functional and truly reactive- or it's simply better and more efficient to simply surrender and be crushed.

So be it. Time to step up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this just to confirm I am indeed still working on this. And last night, although I was so tired I went to bed REALLY early, was quite proficient.
Thanks to this ART- Army Restructuring Tool (a free tool to more easily set up Army, Corps, Divisions etc.etc.) I found out how BADLY I mangled my own army with stupid choices.

While it could have worked nevertheless, I do prefer try and make things efficient.
In this way I found out some good commanders forgotten that could replace old farts with no margin of improvement, drastically improved ways of assigning armies to specific setups...

It was necessary.
No pictures for today but tonight I will try to put something up.

I love this AAR and I want to see it done. Right. smile
Thank you all for your time and patience.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.