Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4122824 - 05/21/15 08:21 AM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Had a fantastic time in my Tiger II last night, hauling off behind ridges or declines and swatting allied heavies and M18s from long range, while their little shells pinged off my hull. They might get lucky and kill you with one or two shots at close range, but at long distance it is just metal rain smile

H

[Linked Image]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4122997 - 05/21/15 05:32 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: bisher]  
Lipfert Offline
Lipfert  Offline

Ayr, Ontario
Originally Posted By: bisher
That sounds odd Lipfert smile

And I was not drinking....

JG1 Lipfert - Jagdgeschwader 1 "Fritz Schmenkel" "Oesau" "Richthofen"
#4123021 - 05/21/15 07:00 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Lipfert
Originally Posted By: bisher
That sounds odd Lipfert smile

And I was not drinking....

lol biggrin

#4123237 - 05/22/15 08:07 AM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: HeinKill]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: HeinKill
Had a fantastic time in my Tiger II last night, hauling off behind ridges or declines and swatting allied heavies and M18s from long range, while their little shells pinged off my hull. They might get lucky and kill you with one or two shots at close range, but at long distance it is just metal rain smile

H

Man, i was working my Tiger E (still) most of the event, can be a bit daunting against some of the big boys. Finally found the one shot kill shot against those T44's that were flanking like small dogs with a massive bite. Right in the front at the exact point where the hull is an arrowhead. If not one always only two, first shot puts it at a standstill, second shot death. The T44's have been a pain in the events but confident against them now smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4123311 - 05/22/15 12:59 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Ajay]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Ajay
Originally Posted By: HeinKill

H

Man, i was working my Tiger E (still) most of the event, can be a bit daunting against some of the big boys. Finally found the one shot kill shot against those T44's that were flanking like small dogs with a massive bite. Right in the front at the exact point where the hull is an arrowhead. If not one always only two, first shot puts it at a standstill, second shot death. The T44's have been a pain in the events but confident against them now smile

Good to know! I am still learning to recognise them all, not sure I could tell an IS from a T44! I will unhappily admit that last session I killed a German KV. All I could see was a KV silhouette on a ridge about 2km away, firing back toward our lines. I nailed him second shot with the longest shot of my life so far (it was at extreme range of the gun) and was busy congratulating myself when the TK penalty came up and he came on and asked what the heck I was doing. I apologised profusely and explained, and he politely pointed out that if you can't identify the target, you should probably check the OOB and see if there are any captured enemy tanks in your OOB. Then he congratulated me for the long distance kill. Nice guy, but it showed I still have a lot to learn! oops

[Linked Image]
#4123319 - 05/22/15 01:05 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
Sethos88 Offline
Sethos88  Offline

Denmark
Yeah, that captured KV-1B can be a tricky one. Especially if you're an ass like me that plasters it with Soviet stickers :P

#4123325 - 05/22/15 01:13 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Sethos88]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Sethos88
Yeah, that captured KV-1B can be a tricky one. Especially if you're an ass like me that plasters it with Soviet stickers :P

HA - the false flag trickerooni.

I came up recently against a guy who had skinned his SU85 brown to look like a Jadpanzer and put panzer emblems on it. I happily watched as he drove right up beside me and killed me. I hope he gets killed by his own side a lot.

H

PS, I know, how can you confuse an Su85 with a Jagdpanzer? Well...

vs this.

You just can't trust anyone in this war!

Last edited by HeinKill; 05/22/15 01:18 PM.

[Linked Image]
#4123326 - 05/22/15 01:16 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
Sethos88 Offline
Sethos88  Offline

Denmark
Yeah, alcohol does enhance beauty

#4123349 - 05/22/15 02:32 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
[quote=HeinKill]I happily watched as he drove right up beside me and killed me. I hope he gets killed by his own side a lot.[quote]

Bloody hilarious HeinKill smile

#4123463 - 05/22/15 06:02 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I nailed a Sherman that had large german crosses on the turret... his tough luck, my automatic reaction was 'german markings, kill it!'

#4123478 - 05/22/15 06:29 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Trooper117]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Trooper117
I nailed a Sherman that had large german crosses on the turret... his tough luck, my automatic reaction was 'german markings, kill it!'

You make a good point Trooper. Anyone with the wrong markings should be fodder for both sides

#4137948 - 06/22/15 06:49 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
SJ_Kraken Offline
El Instructor
SJ_Kraken  Offline
El Instructor

Chile.

How fight against teams with a lot of tigers and panthers?. I have the prem hellcat and the regular one, plus the shermans but with a lot of work I can handle a Tiger, the problem is I killed 2 and then the german team steamroll the other fellows.

I thing the balance is kinda ackward.

Best.

#4138355 - 06/23/15 01:58 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Flank and then hull down, retreat and reposition if needed, don't sit there taking fire just to try and get a kill. If you are playing the events in SB mode then the M18 can cause carnage with its speed and ability to get into a good wide flanking position early. Let them come to you once you have a spot. You don't need to charge in and go for glory early. If you see a bunch of them of them and they haven't spotted you let them pass and take out the rear most one so the others don't know you are there..if you crit him then work one of the others and shuffle shots between them.

You get the M18, the Jumbo and the M4a3 76w in the Ami lineup, the IS1, SU152 and Su85 with the Russkies so you have the hardware to take out the Tigers and Panthers but it's also a lot about knowing the maps.

Don't rely on your team, always check your own flanks even if you are pretty wide, i use chat a bit to call out enemy and hope it helps but i generally fight my own battle as there still never seems to be many wide flankers..always a lot of head to head and slow slugging through the middle of the maps in the city. While that is all going on you can out wide plugging away.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4138382 - 06/23/15 02:42 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: SJ_Kraken]  
Lipfert Offline
Lipfert  Offline

Ayr, Ontario
Originally Posted By: SJ_Kraken

How fight against teams with a lot of tigers and panthers?. I have the prem hellcat and the regular one, plus the shermans but with a lot of work I can handle a Tiger, the problem is I killed 2 and then the german team steamroll the other fellows.

Best.

Balance?

Sorry, I will not work beyond Tier III in this game. I put 6 rounds point blank last evening into an M18 with my Tiger E only to be one shot'd through my front armour plate. Which was not angled as I was wondering how the hell the guy was still alive, the SU-152 is a breeze to kill compared to the M18.

I do find the German side last evening was working together better. The Soviet / American side were running all over the map causing havoc in the speed machines.

Tending to go hull down these days and wait for the rush, I like my Tiger E but it dies so fast compared to the Panther D in these games.

Really would like to get a group of German Tier III SimHQ drivers online together....

S!

#4138519 - 06/23/15 06:15 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
SJ_Kraken Offline
El Instructor
SJ_Kraken  Offline
El Instructor

Chile.
Originally Posted By: Lipfert
Originally Posted By: SJ_Kraken

Best.

Balance?

Sorry, I will not work beyond Tier III in this game. I put 6 rounds point blank last evening into an M18 with my Tiger E only to be one shot'd through my front armour plate. Which was not angled as I was wondering how the hell the guy was still alive, the SU-152 is a breeze to kill compared to the M18.

I do find the German side last evening was working together better. The Soviet / American side were running all over the map causing havoc in the speed machines.

Tending to go hull down these days and wait for the rush, I like my Tiger E but it dies so fast compared to the Panther D in these games.

Really would like to get a group of German Tier III SimHQ drivers online together....

S!

I agree sometimes this game is weird, for example today I was against a M18 in a t34, I got 2 solid hits and only engine damaged, thence the m18 took a shot just right into my turret and all aiming system failed. Fortunely, I called the arty and saved my bolchevik butt.

Maybe the word isn't just balance, maybe is the "damage model", don't know yet.

If a SimHQ group is created I would like to join, maybe I cannot connect everyday but, time to time is fun to play WT with a tactical approach.

Btw Lipfert; you are member of the JG.1 the same JG 1 with Spies and Klaiber?.

Best.

#4139251 - 06/25/15 05:32 AM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: Lipfert]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Still trying to earn my IS3. Last night was running around in my Su85 with T34-85s and IS2s against AusVIBs etc and the Russian armour totally owned. 4 matches, 4 easy victories. The IS2s have no trouble one shot killing the German heavies at any angle.

Balance at higher tiers in this Russian game favours the home team big time.

If you can't **** em, join em!

[Linked Image]
#4139782 - 06/26/15 01:19 PM Re: Tigers Tonight !! [Re: SJ_Kraken]  
Lipfert Offline
Lipfert  Offline

Ayr, Ontario
Kameraden SJ_Kraken,

Correct, that JG1 !

S!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.