Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#411874 - 01/01/04 02:46 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man that must be an amazing photoshop because the paint for the mouth is chipped in places... :rolleyes:

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#411875 - 01/01/04 02:47 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
Something else you should know about the 926th. They tend to kinda do their own thing on the noses of the A-10s. When they were Euro green some woudld have teeth, some would have crawfish and another that I remember had Stars and a moon painted on the nose. Kinda looked like a ragtag bucnh of hooligans taxiing down the runway! Then they painted them in the lo-vis compass schemes. Most of them have no markings on the nose. There are two however that do. One I want to say has white teeth without black or red. I can't remember for sure and that's whay I haven't painted it yet. No PROOF!

The other is the plan we keep beating each other over the head about number 111.

Anyway, the 926th , until recently always did their own thing with markings. Whith the exception of tail code and national insignia. Everything else was left up to the pilot and crew chief I guess.

No when you finished getting pissed of that you haven't seen this plane before and find out that it is real you can buy me a beer for adding to you knowledge base. Why do you think I painted the plane in the first place? Because it is extremely UNIQUE.

#411876 - 01/01/04 02:48 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, make it stop!

Bananimal,
Can we have the flag that's in the rear of the windscreen too? Just kidding!! I know that's not part of the paint job.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood. Afterall, it's New Year's!

But, the flag is cool! ;\)

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#411877 - 01/01/04 02:53 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My last post on the subject, here's the organial photo from the AF website......

http://www.afrc.af.mil/hq/pa/gallery/12july02/071202-02highres.htm

#411878 - 01/01/04 02:53 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 20mm:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, make it stop!

Bananimal,
Can we have the flag that's in the rear of the windscreen too? Just kidding!! I know that's not part of the paint job.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood. Afterall, it's New Year's!

But, the flag is cool! ;\)
Dude, You're laughing. I was seriously thinking about redoing the dash just to add the flag right after I uploaded the second version. I'm sick like that I tell ya! I'm sick! \:D

#411879 - 01/01/04 03:00 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dice-man:
My last post on the subject, here's the organial photo from the AF website......

http://www.afrc.af.mil/hq/pa/gallery/12july02/071202-02highres.htm
I guess you just can't reach some people huh? O well. For a scholar on A-10's you obviously don't know shinola about the 926th huh? It's ok man. You'll get through this! BwaaaHaaaa!

Do yourself and me a favor and call the 926th. If you're lucky maybe someon that was in the wing when the birds sported teeth will pickup the phone and enlighten you too!

#411880 - 01/01/04 03:05 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry I shouldn't have said the orginal photo because it's clear it a different photo but this shows the orginal aircraft in the AOR. If the Warthog fase was added it was after the aircraft returned from Afgan-land.

As you suggested I will contact the Cajuns first chance I get.

#411881 - 01/01/04 03:27 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bananimal:
Something else you should know about the 926th. They tend to kinda do their own thing on the noses of the A-10s. When they were Euro green some woudld have teeth, some would have crawfish and another that I remember had Stars and a moon painted on the nose. Kinda looked like a ragtag bucnh of hooligans taxiing down the runway! Then they painted them in the lo-vis compass schemes. Most of them have no markings on the nose. There are two however that do. One I want to say has white teeth without black or red. I can't remember for sure and that's whay I haven't painted it yet. No PROOF!

The other is the plan we keep beating each other over the head about number 111.

Anyway, the 926th , until recently always did their own thing with markings. Whith the exception of tail code and national insignia. Everything else was left up to the pilot and crew chief I guess.

No when you finished getting pissed of that you haven't seen this plane before and find out that it is real you can buy me a beer for adding to you knowledge base. Why do you think I painted the plane in the first place? Because it is extremely UNIQUE.
Back away 20mm if you don't want to get hurt! \:D When they were in the EuroI scheem none had teeth, that was the 23rd Flying Tigers who flew out of England AFB LA...prove me wrong!

During Desert Storm not some BUT ALL had a crawfish on the nose it was the squadrons mascot!

Hmmmm stars and a moon, like this one...

http://www.warthogpen.com/walloffame.html

read the page you might learn something.

really didn't want a fight but I guess I have one now...more to come! ;\)

#411882 - 01/01/04 03:28 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
wpnssgt Offline
wpnssgt  Offline

Barksdale AFB, 96th BS/AMU
Maybe this is one of those wacky things Guard/Reserve guys get to do. Us Active Duty guys wouldn't think of putting any kind of Nose Art or such because it's not "PC" nowadays. I've seen a Cajun's A/C with full color Flying Tiger teeth once (although it was a very bad job) at Pope when they stopped by on a TDY. Everyone laughed about it. Guard/Reserve guys get away with alot more (Denim Shorts, T-shirts while working on A/C and at EOR ) So Louisiana has two Reserve units? or one Guard one Reserve?

Michael D Engle
"Without Weapons!, It's Just Another Airline!"

Visit Combatace http://www.combatace.com
#411883 - 01/01/04 03:49 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by wpnssgt:
Maybe this is one of those wacky things Guard/Reserve guys get to do. Us Active Duty guys wouldn't think of putting any kind of Nose Art or such because it's not "PC" nowadays. I've seen a Cajun's A/C with full color Flying Tiger teeth once (although it was a very bad job) at Pope when they stopped by on a TDY. Everyone laughed about it. Guard/Reserve guys get away with alot more (Denim Shorts, T-shirts while working on A/C and at EOR ) So Louisiana has two Reserve units? or one Guard one Reserve?
Would LOVE to see pictures of the Cajun with the Flying Tigers teeth..that would be a classic!!

There are two AFR units in LA, Barksdale and New Orleans, Barksdale is a training base and NO is Combat coded.

BTW- the Gruard and Reservers don't fall under the "no nose art" rule inforced by the USAF, in fact either does PACAF or USAFE, the only one(s) it affects is the ACC units.

#411884 - 01/01/04 03:49 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
Oh Lordy. Here I am. Painting (Historically accurate )aiplanes for LOMAC and I get jumped for it! NICE! Dice...I know you're upset.....No fight....there is no fight. you are most certainly and unequivically wrong here sir! Dead Wrong! I LIVE HERE. I KNOW WHAT THESE BIRDS LOO LIKE. When's the last time you paid a visit to the 926th?

you are making an ass out of yourself! You should not get so worked up until you get the facts. I'm trying to give them to you but you refuse to swallow. I can't help that. This is an issue YOU have to deal with. these birds have teeth. And for the record. They are NOT Barksdale ripoff teeth. They are the same shape but lack white on the teeth themselves.

Not only that but if you look closely they don't wrap around the front! Kinda like some guy just slapped them on there.

Nothing you can say, show me or tell me is going to allow me to consider what I've seen with my own to eyes to be false. It ain't gonna happen. You haven't seen them but yet you tell me I'm wrong. I have facts.. you are scrambling for facts. Get the facts and then challenge me. Something tells me I won't be hearing from you once you find out the truth too!

#411885 - 01/01/04 03:55 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
BTW...I drink Coors Light! \:D

#411886 - 01/01/04 04:04 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh Lordy. Here I am. Painting (Historically accurate )aiplanes for LOMAC and I get jumped for it! NICE! Dice...I know you're upset.....No fight....there is no fight. you are most certainly and unequivically wrong here sir! Dead Wrong! I LIVE HERE. I KNOW WHAT THESE BIRDS LOO LIKE. When's the last time you paid a visit to the 926th?

you are making an ass out of yourself! You should not get so worked up until you get the facts. I'm trying to give them to you but you refuse to swallow. I can't help that. This is an issue YOU have to deal with. these birds have teeth. And for the record. They are NOT Barksdale ripoff teeth. They are the same shape but lack white on the teeth themselves.

Not only that but if you look closely they don't wrap around the front! Kinda like some guy just slapped them on there.

Nothing you can say, show me or tell me is going to allow me to consider what I've seen with my own to eyes to be false. It ain't gonna happen. You haven't seen them but yet you tell me I'm wrong. I have facts.. you are scrambling for facts. Get the facts and then challenge me. Something tells me I won't be hearing from you once you find out the truth too!
It will not be the first time I have made an ass of myself and will not be the last. IF the Canjuns have the "Warthog face" then it is surely a rip-off of Barksdale because they have had this nose art from the begining of their unit in 1980 and the Canjun have not flown this nose art until recently (if you are right).

As I said I will contact New Orleans and see what they have to say..if you are right you will see me again with an apology..I don't run and hide if I'm wrong.

I do like a good fight sometimes sooooo, how about my points about the sharks teeth and England AFB LA V New Orleans, The above picture of the same jet in the AOR without the warthog face, and the crawfish on the Cajuns jets can you back-up your statments...I can! \:D

BTW- I drink Bud and if you live next to the base how about some pics!

#411887 - 01/01/04 04:37 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Dice:
Back away 20mm if you don't want to get hurt!
[20mm, hiding under the table, while overhead, beer, beer glasses, beer mugs, beer steins beer cans, beer bottles, pitchers of beer, pictures of beer, and yes, even beer kegs, go whizzing by in each direction]

hehehehe, luckily for me, I like Bud and Coors Light! Come to papa, you little left-overs!

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
#411888 - 01/01/04 04:48 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
I am gathering your proof!

#411889 - 01/01/04 04:50 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I am gathering your proof!
Looking forward to it.....

#411890 - 01/01/04 04:58 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 20mm:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dice:
Back away 20mm if you don't want to get hurt!
[20mm, hiding under the table, while overhead, beer, beer glasses, beer mugs, beer steins beer cans, beer bottles, pitchers of beer, pictures of beer, and yes, even beer kegs, go whizzing by in each direction]

hehehehe, luckily for me, I like Bud and Coors Light! Come to papa, you little left-overs!
Hehe, I guess being in the middle a devorce, retireing in a few months with no job in sight, and being trapped in my house for the past five day because of snow makes a man a little "on edge"!

Heck I even have a V squadron (if you can call two people a squadron) pissed-off at me and they have made it their "mission" to prove how gay I am... \:D

http://www.tacopilots.com/

#411891 - 01/01/04 05:23 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
Exhibit A:

A decal sheet from an unknown source that has the 706th AFRES decals. Notice the two sets of teeth? One for EL and one for NO. Fact...the 706th didn't sport AFRES insignia while painted grey. Only European camo. That means this bird had white teeth during the Euro Camo Schem of the 706th.

Exhibit B:

A decal set from TwoBoB's of which this particular plane was skinned from. Are there any other markings on the sheet for another wing...NO. That means that this plane had teeth aye?

Exhibit B2:

The instructions that came with the decal set with photos and all clearlty showing the teeth. I guess the photographer takes pictures then goes home and scans them into Photoshop, adds the teeth and then brings it to his boss knowing full well that this plane is as toothless as an infant sucking a tit, just so that he can show his boss he's "The Man" when it comes to getting the job done.

Exhibit C:

Another Decal Sheet from an unknown vendor that replicates the photo in exhibit A although it's not quite as detailed. The tail codes for both the NO aircraft and the EL aircraft are the same. Hmmm two companies...same tail codes. AFRES Euro Decals aye?

Exhibit D:

Another deca set featuring you beloved BD A-10's right along side the 706th. Hmmm two sets of teeth but this time there is a nose as well. This is the one I was telling you about. The BD aircraft has longer tusks. The NO teeth are more shoddy looking and if you look closely you'll see that they don't wrap around the front. On;y black in there. There's more...this is really going to hurt your pride. Look at the bottom of the sheet "DESERT STORM" OMG a 706th Euro A-10A with teeth flew in desert storm!

Exhibit E:

An actual decal sheet that I'm holding in my hand that I personally ordered 6 years ago. This is in regards to your crawfish statement that "all of them had them. It was their mascot."

Notice the first plane....NO CRAWFISH. There were plenty more that chose NOT to wear the mudbug on the nose. I know this as fact too! I've gone to every New Orleans Airshow since 1980.

#411892 - 01/01/04 05:30 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
Bananimal Offline
Bananimal  Offline

USA
LOL! That's funny. Why in the hell did you join a V squadron with a URL of TACO Pilots! That's not what I'm thinking is it? ROTFLMAO!

#411893 - 01/01/04 05:46 AM Re: New A-10 926th Ragin' Cajun Skin ready!  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
"Nothing to see here, folks, nothing to see...Oh my God, a horrible plane crash! C'mon in everyone, look around, don't be shy!"

Editor's note: Sometimes I have to edit myself because I simply cannot believe the things I see, and then I report it.

I have "unreported" it.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.