Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4114552 - 05/01/15 09:05 PM Armoured Warfare early Access.  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4114723 - 05/02/15 04:16 AM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

See the bright side; you'll pay to be an unpaid bug tester.... biggrin

#4114760 - 05/02/15 08:47 AM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: frinik22]  
flying-hamster Offline
flying-hamster  Offline

Birthplace of the spitfire!!!
Originally Posted By: frinik22
See the bright side; you'll pay to be an unpaid bug tester.... biggrin

my thoughts too, think I'll wait

PSN: solenthamster00

Xbox: solenthamster00

WOT: hamster13007

uplay: cdn.402.hamster

steam : cdnhamster

Elite dangerous: solenthamster00

ASUS Rog strix Z390,Intel i7-8700k,Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz ,GTX 1080Ti, Alienware34 superwide Monitor,Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb SSD, WD 2Tb Black HDD,Corsair H115i,Fractal designs R6 case,thrustmaster warthog HOTAS, Track Tr3,steelseries apex pro keyboard,Corsair dark pro se rgb mouse.
#4114779 - 05/02/15 11:11 AM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I've watched quite a bit of gameplay of this and for some reason it's just not grabbing me.Not enough to want to pay for EA at least.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4114780 - 05/02/15 11:15 AM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: Chucky]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Chucky
I've watched quite a bit of gameplay of this and for some reason it's just not grabbing me.Not enough to want to pay for EA at least.

My thoughts exactly.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4115772 - 05/04/15 03:12 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
SacaSoh Offline
SacaSoh  Offline

Hueland
Well, I'm no fanboy or Wargaming lawyer, but this game is nothing more than a WoT reskin - besides the ATGMs and smoke there is not one difference between the games. Even the interface is the same (it wouldn't be a problem if the rest of the game mechanics weren't the same too - including the characteristic WoT "statistical" magic detection and invisible tanks).

It's a pity, they could use bigger maps and/or a less arcade gameplay mechanics (like WarThunder) that would put the modern tanks capabilities (like ballistic computers) to use.

#4115793 - 05/04/15 03:50 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: SacaSoh]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

Originally Posted By: SacaSoh

It's a pity, they could use bigger maps and/or a less arcade gameplay mechanics (like WarThunder) that would put the modern tanks capabilities (like ballistic computers) to use.

But there already is a software for that. It's called steelbeasts ;-)... but i admit i'm a fanboy for that one :-p

nec cupias, nec metuas

official steelbeasts website
www.steelbeasts.com
Panzerbataillon 911(v) Webseite
www.steelbeasts.org
#4115847 - 05/04/15 04:50 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: Ronin_GE]  
SacaSoh Offline
SacaSoh  Offline

Hueland
Originally Posted By: Ronin_GE

But there already is a software for that. It's called steelbeasts ;-)... but i admit i'm a fanboy for that one :-p

I swear to you that I wrote "it could be a SB PRO PE light", but I deleted because I thought it too hardcore for an MMO lol.
I already got SB PRO PE, but I love playing WoT - it's like playing Counter-Strike for a while after playing Arma 3: while it lacks any realism, the ultracompetitive nature of the gameplay mechanics make every match a fun match.

#4115970 - 05/04/15 07:15 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: Ronin_GE]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ronin_GE

Like you Ronin.
I am a big SB fan boy as well.
But its no harm to keep your options open games like WOT, War thunder, and Armoured warfare.
Have there place
Not everybody wants total realism

#4126068 - 05/28/15 03:46 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
My heart is divided and to avoid any internal conflicts and to secure at least a certain knowledge backing up my posts, and to ensure natural convictions. I am fully aware that every coins has two faces and an edge, I am also aware that I am a FB of the following games/arcade/semi-sims/sims, and I practice:

Armored Warfare
WOT
War Thunder
Graviteam games
SBProPe
Rising Storm Red Orchestra2

I enjoy them for what they have to offer, as we say in my corner of the woods: the most beautiful girl in the world, can only offer what she has!

Moreover, is there a game/sim that represents what I think the perfect game/sim should be?...Nope!...And it never will be as we all perceive reality differently.

And since tending to total satisfaction is a state without ever reaching the goal, another quote comes in mind: If you don't have what you like, like what you have!...This quote is not too glorious and could be interpreted as an advocacy to mediocrity, but with experience it seems to me as a sure and safe approach to a certain happiness in gaming sims.

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
#4126086 - 05/28/15 04:34 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Anybody tried armoured warfare yet
according to a mail I got it started yesterday
If so what did you think.

#4126389 - 05/29/15 12:22 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
There are no restrictions regarding video, pics and other forms of communication. Hence, you might see emerging engagements vids on u-tube and other channels.

Early access is a test and does not represent the final product.

I played several hours and I liked it. Like any other games, it has its own signature, that some will like when some won't.

I won't write a pamphlet about what it is and what it is not, but my experience has been positive. It is also my impression, that it will expand the gamers choice in the world of MMOSS (Massive Multiplayer Online Semi-Sims), MMOSAC (Massive Multiplayer Online Simulated Armored Confrontation) and MMOCASS (Massive Multiplayer Online Combat Armored Simulated Situation).

A new star is born!

The Armored Warfare forum : http://aw.my.com/en/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-English-Community

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
#4126495 - 05/29/15 02:46 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

Well, If it is free to play, I'll have a look at it.
At least I can be a target for the others ;-)

Just looking through the forums there makes me a bit sceptical.

Much space on discussions on "how to angle your tank"... thumbsup

Last edited by Ronin_GE; 05/29/15 04:47 PM.

nec cupias, nec metuas

official steelbeasts website
www.steelbeasts.com
Panzerbataillon 911(v) Webseite
www.steelbeasts.org
#4126598 - 05/29/15 09:10 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnyhighway
There are no restrictions regarding video, pics and other forms of communication. Hence, you might see emerging engagements vids on u-tube and other channels.

Early access is a test and does not represent the final product.

I played several hours and I liked it. Like any other games, it has its own signature, that some will like when some won't.

I won't write a pamphlet about what it is and what it is not, but my experience has been positive. It is also my impression, that it will expand the gamers choice in the world of MMOSS (Massive Multiplayer Online Semi-Sims), MMOSAC (Massive Multiplayer Online Simulated Armored Confrontation) and MMOCASS (Massive Multiplayer Online Combat Armored Simulated Situation).

A new star is born!

The Armored Warfare forum : http://aw.my.com/en/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-English-Community

Tempted very tempted, to download and give it a try.
But i have zero hours to spare for the next five weeks or so

#4127441 - 06/01/15 03:04 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
I have now more hours on that game.

Before I start sharing, I'd like to convey a view on the comparison process.

Comparing is not always a useful tool because it is partial. Comparing apple and orange is simply expressing what one prefers. When someone compares an apple to an orange the apple or the orange is not discovered under a new set of light with new eyes but under a scrutiny based on values that have been already set for an older product which are different from the new product. Hence comparing is a biased process when addressing products which are simply and basically different. Comparing leads to suffering.

I personally think that comparing "Armored Warfare" with "WoT" or "War Thunder" or "Rising Storm Red Orchestra2" or "SBProPe", is not helpful as "AW" deserves a fresh look as it brings with itself its own signature or personality traits.

After playing intensively this week-end, the game yet into an open Beta testing stage, has a lot to offer. It is entertaining, immersive, has very nice video effect, stunning sounds effects, simple functionality. However, simple does not mean easy to master since a tactical sense is necessary to be actively present behind the fingers hitting the keyboard.

It is a third 3rd person perspective with a sniper view. The scope of the armor choice available, starts in the late 50's up to recent times and includes wheeled and tracked armor, and can display all the technological improvement of modern times such as smoke grenade, laser range finder, missiles, etc...The maps are set in Europe and Middle East. Country areas, cities, villages, deserts, industrial complex, seasons are reproduced in the maps. The steering of the different vehicle type on distinct terrain can be challenging at times. Maps size is generally limited to a Km over a Km with a scaled down view range based on map size, weather and land relief.

The concept of sudden and surprised destruction, has been polished to the extent that when painted by artillery or a missile, a warning appears on the screen.

To succeed, during confrontation a sense of teamwork combined with different armor type executing different task to cover an array of distinct function is necessary. The limitation of vehicle utility is clearly defined because there is no magic bullet on the battlefield.

It is a nice start with plenty of potential for positive development.

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4129790 - 06/05/15 04:51 PM Re: Armoured Warfare early Access. [Re: marko1231123]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Pretty good and balanced review on Armoured warfare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjLPq7oMA9M

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.