Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4107045 - 04/16/15 09:13 AM T.A.R.G.E.T. will not load ANY config files to TM Warthog HOTAS Setup?  
minimi66 Offline
minimi66  Offline

Cyprus
Hi,

I am having a major problem with using the Thrustmaster TARGET GUI and loading configuration files for games to my HOTAS Warthog setup.

The software detects my TM Warthog HOTAS and 2 x MFD's when in the main TARGET GUI editing environment but upon trying to load ANY config file for use in a game i get the following result after the software attempts to load the file:

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[4]:

1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"

2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"

3: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

4: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0402"

Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name FAILED (0x00000002) - using default.

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse...Done

main returned 0

This happens with every config file i have and that includes the stock ones included with the TM hardware such as DCS Black Shark etc.

My system is as follows:

ASUS G74SX Gaming Laptop
Intel Quad Core i7-2670QM @ 2.2 GHz Turbo Boost to 3.1 GHz.
16 GB RAM
GeForce GTX560M with 3 GB VRAM
Realtek On-board Sound Card
Windows 7 64 Bit
TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip
Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse
Logitech Wifi Keyboard
Creative Rage3D Tactic Gaming Headset
Samsung 32 in. TV/Monitor on HDMI
TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle & 2 Cougar MFD's
10 socket USB Hub used to connect some of the peripherals.

Solutions tried so far that haven't worked:

1: Uninstall TARGET and re-install.
2: Uninstall HOTAS Warthog Drivers from Control Panel Programs then re-install.
3: Updated TM HOTAS Firmware to latest versions (11 & 23)
4: Disconnect and re-connect all TM and all other devices when prompted to by the above 3 processes. Multiple system reboots and cold starts.
5: Sequential re-connection of key devices only (Mouse, Keyboard and HOTAS Stick & Throttle) whilst monitoring activity in Devices and Printers and Device Manager.
6: Confirmation that the the 2 devices referred to in the above error message are the TM Throttle and Stick ("VID_044F&PID_0404" and "VID_044F&PID_0402").
7: Enable ALL the executables in Thrustmaster root folders with "Run as Administrator" priveleges.
8: Disable Firewall (Commodo & Windows) before, during and after re-insalls or running TARGET.
9: Connecting TM HOTAS directly to USB Ports on computer rather than through USB Hub.
10: Scattering chicken bones, howling at the moon, rain dances, consulting a soothsayer!!!!

Not sure if i've missed or forgotten anything but any assistance or ideas would be appreciated? I understand that most games don't need TARGET to come up up with fairly comprehensive controller setup but my point is that it seems wrong

to have purchased a $250 controller setup with its own editing software and find that the 2 DO NOT work together AT ALL based on my experience.

Is there a viable alternative to TARGET that can be used? I've never used FSUIPC so am not familiar with its capabilities as opposed to TARGET? Will definitely look into it now though, i'm not optimistic about sorting this out to be

honest?

Thanks guys.

Stu

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4108413 - 04/18/15 09:44 PM Re: T.A.R.G.E.T. will not load ANY config files to TM Warthog HOTAS Setup? [Re: minimi66]  
kadiir Offline
kadiir  Offline

Has it ever worked? Try running TARGET as an administrator. Try uninstalling everything and then re-install.

#4108957 - 04/20/15 11:59 AM Re: T.A.R.G.E.T. will not load ANY config files to TM Warthog HOTAS Setup? [Re: minimi66]  
minimi66 Offline
minimi66  Offline

Cyprus
Hi kadiir,

Thanks for your reply, no i'm not sure it ever did work as previously i've only been using Warthog with DCS A-10C which as you may know does not need TARGET to come up with pretty comprehensive config files.

I've run and installed and re-installed TARGET as Admin and have enabled every .exe in the TARGET x64 folder as ADmin too but no joy? Also done same with HOTAS Warthog drivers as well?

Boy, i wish Falcon BMS 4.32 was the same as it's this sim i'm currently trying (in vain) to get my controllers set up with?

As it stands i'm v close to ditching BMS and returning to DCS, been working on this problem for over a week and still no joy. No reply from TM Tech Support and i've posted this message on all the major sim forum's?

Out of ideas currently, other than trying it on another PC which i'm going to do tonight when i get home!

Cheers.

Stu

#4108961 - 04/20/15 12:03 PM Re: T.A.R.G.E.T. will not load ANY config files to TM Warthog HOTAS Setup? [Re: minimi66]  
minimi66 Offline
minimi66  Offline

Cyprus
Hi kadiir,

Thanks for your reply, no i'm not sure it ever did work as previously i've only been using Warthog with DCS A-10C which as you may know does not need TARGET to come up with pretty comprehensive config files.

I've run and installed and re-installed TARGET as Admin and have enabled every .exe in the TARGET x64 folder as ADmin too but no joy? Also done same with HOTAS Warthog drivers as well?

Boy, i wish Falcon BMS 4.32 was the same as it's this sim i'm currently trying (in vain) to get my controllers set up with?

As it stands i'm v close to ditching BMS and returning to DCS, been working on this problem for over a week and still no joy. No reply from TM Tech Support and i've posted this message on all the major sim forum's?

Out of ideas currently, other than trying it on another PC which i'm going to do tonight when i get home!

Cheers.

Stu

#4108962 - 04/20/15 12:03 PM Re: T.A.R.G.E.T. will not load ANY config files to TM Warthog HOTAS Setup? [Re: minimi66]  
minimi66 Offline
minimi66  Offline

Cyprus
Hi kadiir,

Cheers.

Stu

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.