Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4104244 - 04/10/15 01:58 PM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: ArisFuser]  
Jeckel Offline
je mehr desto besser!
Jeckel  Offline
je mehr desto besser!

Maybe WOFF should include some 'ladies' whom you can 'attach' if you are successful in combat (like Böeke and his nurse winkngrin )
This would give you extra points...

#4104361 - 04/10/15 04:59 PM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Interesting about your observation of rank perhaps being a factor?
Well, obviously your results can't be argued.
And in addition to having my "No Aids" campaign mode modified I am also using no (or minimal depending on the side I am flying for) HA mods which do away with custom paint jobs that would be of assistance!
Hehe...this game is awesome.
When's the next Expansion pack? I got money in the bank that is just sitting there helping THE bank make more money. I'd rather spend it on something useful.

Duke;

the rating of the squadron may also be a factor in the decision making of kill authorization. I'm just green lighting on this as I have no knowledge of how the form input is evaluated.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4104366 - 04/10/15 05:14 PM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: ArisFuser]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Yes the actual process, and exactly what goes into it, has been a closely guarded secret by OBD.
And that is fine. As I have said before I do not wish to know too much about the "behind the scenes magic" to ruin the game for myself.
And in that regard I kind of feel sorry for the Dev's!

But back to topic since we know nothing we are forced to guess and proceed with a "trial and error" type process OR emulate others who have succeded as you have apparently done.
I do not mind claim rejection as long as there is some kind of logic to it but I will continue file manipulation in cases where a flaming enemy crashes on a friendly airfield 2 miles from my own and confirmation turns out to be doubtful.

#4104471 - 04/10/15 10:08 PM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: ArisFuser]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Don't try to micro analyse it, believe me you will kill the fun eventually. Some of you obviously are not entering the data as well as others, a sample of 100 kills or whatever is way way too low to say the claim system is broken. If Robert thinks it's fine, and you think it's miles off then it's not WOFF!

BTW just because a craft lands near your field doesn't mean you are the only claimant. Yes you KNOW you got it, doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Kind of the whole point of claims.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4104484 - 04/10/15 11:02 PM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: ArisFuser]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Yes I know but it's my fantasy eh?
And if I say I shot it down then, darnit, I shot it down. Not Hans or Franz (or Jack or Bob depending on the career) so it's mine.
And all eyes are focused on me visually confirming my glory for King or Kaiser. I am the hero ace!

On a more serious note I fully understand what you are saying and a rejected claim could be for any number of "real life" reasons not neccessarily modelled in the game but reflected, indirectly, by the claim system and a claim rejection. And I usually don't mind a rejection unless it's flamingly obvious it almost certainly would be confirmed - at least in my fantasy world. And the occasional claim tweak is as much knowledge as I want to have. Besides the Aces.txt thing of course.
You guys work the magic and I will continue to enjoy the best sim, IMHO, ever produced. Not many things in my life I would drop $1500.00+ just to increase my enjoyment.

I am the handsome, dashing, skilled, and deadly flying ace and things go my way - least till I make a smoking crater...again!

#4104502 - 04/10/15 11:47 PM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: DukeIronHand]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Yes I know but it's my fantasy eh?
And if I say I shot it down then, darnit, I shot it down. Not Hans or Franz (or Jack or Bob depending on the career) so it's mine.
And all eyes are focused on me visually confirming my glory for King or Kaiser. I am the hero ace!

On a more serious note I fully understand what you are saying and a rejected claim could be for any number of "real life" reasons not neccessarily modelled in the game but reflected, indirectly, by the claim system and a claim rejection. And I usually don't mind a rejection unless it's flamingly obvious it almost certainly would be confirmed - at least in my fantasy world. And the occasional claim tweak is as much knowledge as I want to have. Besides the Aces.txt thing of course.
You guys work the magic and I will continue to enjoy the best sim, IMHO, ever produced. Not many things in my life I would drop $1500.00+ just to increase my enjoyment.

I am the handsome, dashing, skilled, and deadly flying ace and things go my way - least till I make a smoking crater...again!

DukeIron Hand: " I saw it! It's mine! it's was a kill! "

Adjutant : " then you have the supreme satisfaction of knowing you have served the Fatherland"

Commander: "unconfirmed by headquarters means unconfirmed. Do you understand.? yep

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4104535 - 04/11/15 01:13 AM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: ArisFuser]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Hey!
It's usually me throwing out the Blue Max quotes here.
"We'll search those woods over there."
"But you already have!"
"What?"
"You searched those woods an hour ago!"
"Well we'll search them again. What's the matter MFair? Too close to the guns for you?"

#4104549 - 04/11/15 01:55 AM Re: Some thoughts about... [Re: ArisFuser]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

wave

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM