Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4103544 - 04/09/15 08:28 AM Saved up list of dumb questions: WT GF  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Have worked some things out for myself after a week of trundling around but have a little list. I use almost exclusively simulator battle mode.

- respawn points: ie the points needed to respawn. I have no idea how I earn them or even how to check how many I have.

- research points: I often seem to have enough 'in the bank' to complete a research, but when I try to use them all, the game asks me to pay with Eagles. Is that just the way it is? Any other ways to speed up research like awards etc without spending Eagles?

- crew points: these seem as rare as respawn points. what is the best way to upskill the crew - my main aim would be to reduce the % of time they get knocked out, and their reload time, if that is even possible or worth trying.

- talismen: very expensive, worth it?

- backup vehicles: never bothered, worth it?

- favourite command mapping for your gamer mouse: I haven't bothered to map all my buttons yet (not until I was sure I was hooked) do you have recommended one? I have a pretty standard Logitech 9 button mouse.

Cheers experten!

H

[Linked Image]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4103546 - 04/09/15 08:44 AM Re: Saved up list of dumb questions: WT GF [Re: HeinKill]  
Sethos88 Offline
Sethos88  Offline

Denmark
- Spawn points are earned through battle actions, killing enemy and completing objectives. and each time you die, the cost to spawn in a new tank increases. I believe the number you have is tied to your overall score in the match.

- What you are referring to is convertible research point. The ones with the little yellow bulb listed in the main menu. They are used to boost the research or a modification or a tank, at the cost of golden eagles. Paid-for-boosting essentially.

The actual Research Points (RP) are earned each time you play, which is used to research the next tank and tank modifications. They have a little blue dot as representation, however they are not an accumulated currency, they are spent each time you are done with a fight, so they won't be listed anywhere.

- Crew Points are acquired at every kill, not sure about objective caps. You will earn thousands and thousands of points to allocate. If you want to make the crew more sturdy, focus on vitality on every crew member and the loader's reload speed. Remember, as you add points, it'll get more expensive just to get one crew level. So going from reload speed 10 to 11, may cost 5 or 10 points, up to 50-100 points.

As a new player. Focus on padding all of the stats in the bottom end, when they cost 1-2 points. When you reach a certain amount of overall points, you can train your crew to become an expert crew. Don't pour all your points into one slider at the beginning.

- Talisman will essentially make the tank earn double RP, make it a premium tank. It is NOT worth it on anything below Tier 4. The first three tiers, you earn plenty of points. However once tanks costs in excess of 100.000RP it'll start to become worth it. Especially when it jumps from 100.000 to 320.000+ then it'll become a grind, where a Talisman is viable.

Overall though, I'd recommend a premium subscription instead.

- Backup vehicles, are you referring to the reserve tanks or backup as in, you only enter matches with one tank?

- Only mouse mapping I've done, is the sight distance control for when I play realistic battles.

#4103551 - 04/09/15 09:02 AM Re: Saved up list of dumb questions: WT GF [Re: HeinKill]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Wow, Sethos nailed them and taught me something too.

+1.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4103559 - 04/09/15 09:19 AM Re: Saved up list of dumb questions: WT GF [Re: HeinKill]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
+1 too Sethos. That reminds me,I need to go and allocate my crew points.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4103778 - 04/09/15 03:56 PM Re: Saved up list of dumb questions: WT GF [Re: Sethos88]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Sethos88

- Backup vehicles, are you referring to the reserve tanks or backup as in, you only enter matches with one tank?

Many thanks! Sorry for confusion, I mean reserve tanks. There is an option to purchase one which says they 'disappear as you use them' or something similar. Not sure what this is all about?

And now crews have been discussed I have one other question.

I see the option in screen below to 'recruit a new crew'. Why would I do that? Do crews get fatigued? When I purchase a new vehicle with my hard earned lions it comes with a crew, why would I 'train a new' one?

H

[Linked Image]
#4103792 - 04/09/15 04:36 PM Re: Saved up list of dumb questions: WT GF [Re: HeinKill]  
Sethos88 Offline
Sethos88  Offline

Denmark
Ah yes, those reserve tanks. That's basically a purchase which allows you an extra round with that vehicle, once, if it gets killed. Don't waste any golden eagles on that.

As for the crew, each crew you have in the individual box is a persistent crew. Which means they keep all their skill points even when upgrading to a new tank. So if you recruit a new crew, i.e creating an extra tab, you need to train that crew from the bottom. When buying a new vehicle and placing it in your existing crew, I believe it also has a fee to train your crew for that specific tank.

You also shouldn't place every vehicle in your tab like in the above picture, because going into battle, it'll select your highest battlerated vehicle and match you up against that, which means if you have one higher BR vehicle, it will drag your low end vehicles into some tough matches.

Here's my setup;

With that I have individual presets for every battlerating. I keep 3 crews, so I can constantly train those and will keep their skill points, regardless of which tier I play at.

#4104079 - 04/10/15 06:22 AM Re: Saved up list of dumb questions: WT GF [Re: HeinKill]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Re mouse settings- I mapped my tank mg to my side rear button and nocs on the front one.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.