Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
#4101892 - 04/05/15 02:32 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Chivas]  
ZG26_Emil Offline
ZG26_Emil  Offline

Cheshire....Ok stockport
Originally Posted By: Chivas
They're probably the same people that lobbied IC to burn COD, and have 777Studios create a WW2 sim on the old ROF engine. LMFAO

Hard to disagree with that...I was reading the old posts on the CLOD forum the other day and there was just as much venomous posts on there if not more. There's a lot of people who seem to take absolute pleasure saying they wont buy it and probably would rejoice if the developers went bust.

I have some issues especially with it being hard to run co-ops but it's been the only flight sim I have flown for several months now and I have zero interest in going back to CLOD even though I had hundreds of hours on that sim. The only other sim I'd spend my time on would be DCS but I have really enjoying BOS and I always find myself coming back to it.

So I did pre-order in the end even though I said I wouldn't I've had loads of fun out of my paultry 100 bucks so have no problem supporting BOM...I will however keep banging the drum for an in game player list and pager system/chat....we need this for co-ops to take off again.

Last edited by JG5_Emil; 04/05/15 03:38 PM.

Formerly JG5_Emil
#4101900 - 04/05/15 02:52 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
As an SP guy, BoS has zero interest at the moment, not flown it in months, I still get far more enjoyment out of the old IL2 and WoFF, much more immersive and I can actually follow a proper career.

I will say though, that BoS is probably one of the most graphically gorgeous looking WWII sims around at the moment, along with CloD.
DCS is one game I avidly follow and have all their WWII birds and will continue to get them. The one thing holding me back from playing DCS more is the lack of WWII ground objects and a proper map.
If the dev's at DCS get their act together, they would probably corner the WWII market for many... Once that Spitfire and the Normandy map turn up I may not bother with BoS again.
As to DCS P-40, well once again, it will need the correct map and ground objects to make it truly viable. I only want a P-40 for a Africa or Med scenario as an RAF or commonwealth aircraft.

One thing is pretty sure as well... many of us have been waiting for that Africa/Med WWII air combat sim.No-one has done it proper justice yet. You just need to look at some of the polls held and that theatre is always right up there... whoever makes that into a decent add on or even stand alone game will get lots of attention...

#4101904 - 04/05/15 03:11 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
DCS.....has late model 109 and FW.....I'd be interested in earlier model German aircraft and a decent map. If I hadn't flown BOS in months....there is no way I'd shell out any money for another theater.....

#4102029 - 04/05/15 09:42 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
@Chivas.

Sry if i came of as aggressive. Shouldn't have used the phrase "people like you".

Just shows one shouldn't make a post while in a hurry.

Sry again.

#4102044 - 04/05/15 10:32 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
I'll consider giving them more money when (if) they make it to the Pacific.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4102062 - 04/05/15 11:38 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
I personally have no love for BOS, don't even fly it anymore, but there is absolutely no reason that the BOS developers can't or won't improve the game engine features if IC continues to fund the project. I have the most interest in seeing TF's new theater, and if infact the new theater is the MED it should attract far more interest than BOM, at least for most people outside of Russia. DCS WW2, and the new EDGE graphic engine with VR support is also very high on my constant never-ending wait with little patience list.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4102078 - 04/06/15 01:17 AM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Trooper117]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
Originally Posted By: Trooper117
I only want a P-40 for a Africa or Med scenario as an RAF or commonwealth aircraft.

What? No tigers over Burma? I'd love to shoot some Kates and Zeros.

#4102206 - 04/06/15 01:09 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Chivas]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA

There is no doubt that the Jason and Loft get their backs up when people call their software crap.

That is, of course, totally inaccurate. The software is very well made, stable, and while it pushes no boundaries it gets the job done in a serviceable manner. I'd give it a B+, no more due to it being DX9.

The problem is the well-made software was based on a crap design. As people have pointed out here, games like Doom are NOT comparable. If you widen your focus to include ALL entertainment software from the last 25 years so that it does, your focus is WAY too broad. This is supposed to be a WWII flight sim and THAT is what Loft should be looking at, even if he wants to go back to the days of SWOTL and CYAC.

Ironically, SWOTL had an AWESOME SP campaign, actually. smile
After that came Aces of the Pacific and 1942 Pacific Air War and then Aces over Europe. All of these had far better SP campaigns. Of course, IIRC only PAW had MP and it was miserable on dial-up. smile

You only look at Doom if you're making an FPS. If you're not, and you're looking at Doom...well I think that right there says everything about Loft. I wonder why he isn't comparing it to sales of Windows 7. rolleyes

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4102296 - 04/06/15 05:49 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Jedi Master]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

There is no doubt that the Jason and Loft get their backs up when people call their software crap.

That is, of course, totally inaccurate. The software is very well made, stable, and while it pushes no boundaries it gets the job done in a serviceable manner. I'd give it a B+, no more due to it being DX9.

The problem is the well-made software was based on a crap design. As people have pointed out here, games like Doom are NOT comparable. If you widen your focus to include ALL entertainment software from the last 25 years so that it does, your focus is WAY too broad. This is supposed to be a WWII flight sim and THAT is what Loft should be looking at, even if he wants to go back to the days of SWOTL and CYAC.

Ironically, SWOTL had an AWESOME SP campaign, actually. smile
After that came Aces of the Pacific and 1942 Pacific Air War and then Aces over Europe. All of these had far better SP campaigns. Of course, IIRC only PAW had MP and it was miserable on dial-up. smile

You only look at Doom if you're making an FPS. If you're not, and you're looking at Doom...well I think that right there says everything about Loft. I wonder why he isn't comparing it to sales of Windows 7. rolleyes

The Jedi Master

There is nothing inaccurate about my statement of people calling the BOS software crap, and Loft/Jason getting their backs up over it. Unless you somehow thing that SP campaigns, etc etc aren't part of their software package.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#4102319 - 04/06/15 06:43 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Wow. What a grasp of the language. So I OBVIOUSLY AND TO ANY ATTENTION-PAYING OBSERVER say that calling the software crap is inaccurate, and you COMPLETELY WITHOUT ANY LOGICAL REASON WHATSOEVER decide to interpret it as me saying that YOUR statement is inaccurate.

Are you in fact a robot?

rolleyes

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4102342 - 04/06/15 07:43 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Chivas]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida

The problem is the well-made software was based on a crap design. ...
The Jedi Master

There is nothing inaccurate about my statement of people calling the BOS software crap, and Loft/Jason getting their backs up over it. Unless you somehow thing that SP campaigns, etc etc aren't part of their software package.

Chivas, it seemed pretty clear to me that Jedi Master was saying that it was totally inaccurate to call the BoS software crap. He elaborated upon why claiming the software to be crap was inaccurate.

#4102380 - 04/06/15 09:07 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Jedi Master]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

I'd say BoS is (BoM will be) a great game and a crap sim.
When you are a online player.
For single player it's still very incomplete.
Imo.

Last edited by robtek; 04/06/15 09:09 PM.
#4102419 - 04/06/15 11:02 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Trooper117]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

As an SP guy, BoS has zero interest at the moment, not flown it in months, I still get far more enjoyment out of the old IL2 and WoFF, much more immersive and I can actually follow a proper career.

I will say though, that BoS is probably one of the most graphically gorgeous looking WWII sims around at the moment, along with CloD.
DCS is one game I avidly follow and have all their WWII birds and will continue to get them. The one thing holding me back from playing DCS more is the lack of WWII ground objects and a proper map.
If the dev's at DCS get their act together, they would probably corner the WWII market for many... Once that Spitfire and the Normandy map turn up I may not bother with BoS again.
As to DCS P-40, well once again, it will need the correct map and ground objects to make it truly viable. I only want a P-40 for a Africa or Med scenario as an RAF or commonwealth aircraft.

One thing is pretty sure as well... many of us have been waiting for that Africa/Med WWII air combat sim.No-one has done it proper justice yet. You just need to look at some of the polls held and that theatre is always right up there... whoever makes that into a decent add on or even stand alone game will get lots of attention...

Trooper117 ! You just knocked it out of the park for me with this one !
Exactly how I feel.
If DCS did a propper WWII map, they would corner the WWII Combat sim market !

Personally, I'm foaming at the mouth to get the DCS JUG.
if anyone can do it justice I think it's DCS.

BOS and BOM could be so much more but for me it has really fallen short in a lot of already mentioned areas.
There will have to be a BIG road map change before they will get any of my money again.

I can say with all honesty though that I'd pay a lot to get my hands on a new and properly done Africa of Med focused flight combat sim.

Desode

Desode

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4102422 - 04/06/15 11:10 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Desode]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Desode

Trooper117 ! You just knocked it out of the park for me with this one !
Exactly how I feel.
If DCS did a propper WWII map, they would corner the WWII Combat sim market !

Personally, I'm foaming at the mouth to get the DCS JUG.
if anyone can do it justice I think it's DCS.

BOS and BOM could be so much more but for me it has really fallen short in a lot of already mentioned areas.
There will have to be a BIG road map change before they will get any of my money again.

I can say with all honesty though that I'd pay a lot to get my hands on a new and properly done Africa of Med focused flight combat sim.

Desode

Desode

You should be able to fly somewhere in the Med without having to pay for it, when Team Fusion released their 5.0 update for COD. Team Fusion hasn't said where the new theater will be, but its highly rumoured to be somewhere in the Med.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#4102423 - 04/06/15 11:11 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: CyBerkut]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: CyBerkut

The problem is the well-made software was based on a crap design. ...
The Jedi Master

Chivas, it seemed pretty clear to me that Jedi Master was saying that it was totally inaccurate to call the BoS software crap. He elaborated upon why claiming the software to be crap was inaccurate.

My Bad, I misinterpreted the post.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#4102619 - 04/07/15 12:57 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia
That's the thing to be aware of, a personal gaol to achieve... not you personally Chivas ( I do have a lot of respect for your comments, believe it or not) but to everyone in general - if you've read a post and gets you all het up, just take a few moments, a few deep breathes and re- read the post and you'll find it presents in a much different light (it also helps, when the post is moronic and deserves a much higher level of sarcasm, that which would come to mind at first reading)

targeting objects/ planes in-sim is unrealistic because of the dodgy (yes, I say "dodgy", because the lighting treatment given to"objects/ planes" is much different to that of the background) lighting given to 3D objects/ planes.

they (ground targets/ planess) stand out from the terrain like the dog's proverbials... its totally unrealistic

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
#4102630 - 04/07/15 01:10 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
On the one hand, in some situations the contrast is far too high and too easy to see. In others, it's far too low and difficult. I can spot planes in the sky with my naked eyes far easier than I can see a single pixel the sim has shaded to be one shade darker than the surrounding sky. Other than I believe MiG Alley 15 years ago no sim has modeled the glint of the sun off the plane like you see in reality.
I can spot movement on the ground with my naked eyes far easier than I can see some dark green pixels moving on some not-quite-as-dark green pixels, but I grant that for objects that are not moving seeing them is just as hard in or out of a sim.

The Jedi Master

#4102632 - 04/07/15 01:16 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia
let's not get into the "spot the dotz" silliness eh... anyone can see whatever they want for as far out, or not as close to (without the in ya face flashin type neon arrows) as they want... but it does make perfect sense for a FPS to have the targets stand out unrealistically

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

#4102803 - 04/07/15 06:39 PM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Wolf_Rider]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Wolf_Rider
anyone can see whatever they want for as far out, or not as close to (without the in ya face flashin type neon arrows) as they want...

I'll have to have you talk to my eyes then, because they seem unwilling to listen to me.

The Jedi Master

#4104076 - 04/10/15 05:44 AM Re: Has anything been posted about the new il2 Battle of Moscow yet? [Re: Destraex]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia
uhmmm... I wasn't calling your bits/ pieces/ skills, etc into question - I was offering that this thread shouldn't bifurcate into the subject of "spotting", as we all know in which direction the threads on that topic end up going

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.