Hop To
Page 11 of 53 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 52 53
#4100018 - 04/01/15 03:35 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD

Some ACOG work with RVMATs... looking much better.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4100787 - 04/02/15 04:42 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay one thing that really annoyed me was the M24 Woodland and to be honest with you I never liked the result that came out. So I dug in my repository of stuff and found this:

I've also spent some time getting more stuff RVMATed, and frankly a lot needed to be done. I'm pondering releasing an update within a couple days irrespective of 1.42 as soon as I get some more things redone prior to the laptop replacement. And I've gotten a better internet connection (finally) and so able to get #%&*$# done a bit faster...

- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4101518 - 04/04/15 03:14 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Bleagh... just another update, I spent the better part of yesterday fixing mainly geometry and Fire Geometry LODs for all the guns in the pack. I even updated some stuff and instead of dirt sand when you shoot the weapon, it sparks and such, and found that out up close when I got shot at in a Takistan Insurgency mission I found... Other than that I've had a good person hook me up with some cool little images to add some spice to the pack and for the small image for the Armaholic/PWS version of my mod. So plans are is maybe to upload a vastly improved (some texture tweaks as well) pack probably on Sunday or Monday. Then it'll be some more stuff such as tweaking based on feedback, etc.

#4101553 - 04/04/15 06:48 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Some suppressor RVMAT work:

And a WIP Desert texture, kinda like a really bright FDE, the intent is to get the weapon like the FHQ scope, sort of:

#4102084 - 04/06/15 02:32 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay #%&*$#, I run this:

http://562ndts.enjin.com/

I don't have a #%&*$# interest in any #%&*$# clan because I already game with a few people and have enough #%&*$# in my life to worry about. No means #%&*$# NO. STOP thinking that you think I'll join your group if you #%&*$# keep #%&*$# pestering me. If I say no, or I'm not interested, that means I made a #%&*$# conscious decision not to join a clan and I have my own reasons to say it. Sorry if you have a #%&*$# problem with it deal with it because when it comes down to it, I don't give a #%&*$# how you feel about it.

That is all.

#4102527 - 04/07/15 06:20 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
This is something I've wanted to do for a couple months, and for a quick cheap skin it is what it is, a fictional USMC skin, to which i dubbed it the "CH-67 Sea Warrior" and I'll include it with the Wipeout skin pack as well:

#4102879 - 04/07/15 09:38 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Nice!

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4102890 - 04/07/15 10:00 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD

#4102942 - 04/08/15 01:08 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay moving on I finally got the guns setup (I think) properly at least config-wise to utilize Robalo's additions to ASDG Joint Rails. Depending on how the client work goes I can say an update sometime next week as I'll need to add the proxies to the weapons that have the "space" to relaibly and realistically have a bipod. Yes Virginia the integral bipods will be also added, but realistically the Ultimaxes may not get them due to the fact that essentially they don't have any recoil anyway.

Other things to mention:

- Snazzy new Readme with some impressive work from GraemeShute (I think I got it right) as if you need some artwork done get a hold of him as he spruced it up a bit.
- New recoil values with thanks to Brisse a few weeks ago with helping me get them setup, and as a matter of fact the IARs already use it, but may need a little more tweaking.

So:

- Bipods bipods bipods
- Texture work as always as well as integrating the Marksman DLC which will of course be fuly supported.

TMR? I may leave it in there for those who didn't or don't want the Marksman DLC but if BIS implements the resting it may or may not go away, we'll see when I get to it as the unintended reload bug is a bit annoying. I Know Taosensanai (I know I jacked up his handle, sorry) is BUSY so again while I love TMR it may go away, but I sense it may not, who knows but I'll see how the 1.42 update goes and so on.

#4103007 - 04/08/15 07:11 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Well integration of the Marksman DLC worked like a charm. NOTE: For people like me who use VAS still (yeah I know...) it will still save it, but not mounted on the weapon, so for people like me you can save your Marksman DLC bipod fine and you'll simply have to put it on manually. Other than that overall it works fine, and mounted here on the SPR:

Other than that with the new ASDG JR making it compatible things work great, the new bipods do require a manual activation (C by default) but for me using TMR I simply switch it to TAB, and no reload bug biggrin

#4103283 - 04/08/15 05:40 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Some stuff I've noticed so far:

- When using the bipod the weapon (Marksman DLC Bipod) cannot be put on Safe, which is okay but I'll see if I can find (or get with Nanucq) and see what he's going to do, but given it just came out or I don't stop by that topic, I'll have to find out. When not using the bipod the Safety works as it should.
- Added a 3-rpund burst capability with the Glock 45CL, just in case.

Weapons that will support the DLC:

- M27s
- M4s without GLs or (in the future) Masterkey
- L115s
- Barret M103
- M8 Carbine
- M110 SASS
- HK416s, HK615, HK418
- AKM Tactical
- SCARs that don't mount GLs or Masterkeys
- Mk12 SPR
- Masadas

Weapons such as the Barrett M107, XM109, and the M24, and Mashineguns will get the integral bipods worked on sometime as I go along and see how BIS did the config work for the GM6.

Also TMR Autorest may stay but given the realistic range of motion from the BIS bipods I'm slowly not going to use Autorest either. As far as the disposable that will definitely stay.

Okay and please do me a flavor and not ask for any more weapons right now. I' have to update the USAF Weapons pack as well as one I did for a clan. I simply have too much on the plate right now to be thinking or considering requests at the moment.

Still to do:

- SPR Masada
- Black Masada
- LWRC 6.8 Custom

And for those who use the Masada that space in front of the vertical grip is now for the bipods, and the laser.light proxy is moved to the top rail. I may look into some research for side rails (or simply customize it) as those who use lights will think it's a bit funky looking for that.

Also have to do MRT stuff, and a texture for Strike Fighters 2, so I'm a bit occupied at the moment.

#4103424 - 04/08/15 10:40 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Managed to get a DLC Specific Harris working. It's still the same old one used but so far with the RVMAT tweaking it's looking pretty decent:

#4103944 - 04/09/15 10:24 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
And on Recoil I've been spending some time redoing and adapting the values for 1.42, and just have to say they're where I like it so far, so I"m sure that now with 1.42 there isn't any except for the 5.56 and some other weapons. A note for those who like the HK615 I'm going with the same values as the Katiba Carbine, since roughly it's the same (I would think since the Khaybar 2020 has I believe a 20-inch barrel) length, or a little less, s I may drop it down a bit given that it uses BIS ammo anyway.

#4103974 - 04/10/15 12:15 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Oikay for right now I"m liking some values as I came up with for the gats... So maybe next week? I'd say Tuesday-ish (or Wed. by the latest) or earlier I "should" have an update to work with the new patch, so once I get the inventory images done things will look good.

#4104360 - 04/10/15 04:59 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Also I plan to get a vid uploaded showing the new recoil values in-game as far as the IAR and Glock 45CL. Nothing special as I think they're right no the mark, I at least feel comfortable with the values anyway. So when that gets uploaded I'll post it.

#4104516 - 04/11/15 12:16 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD

A 50MB video that took nearly all day, go figure... Anyway its a short video showing the new recoil values that'll be used on the 5.56mm weapons, while the HK416s and M4s will have a separate value.

#4104607 - 04/11/15 04:15 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Inventory images... yeah the new format is just not happening. I can see it for the Tommy guns (as it's like a few guns) but for the amount I got? No way can i keep on going back and forth for every gun. True the workflow for the old way is time consuming but... no thanks.

#4105010 - 04/12/15 02:18 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay I managed to get a weapon setup for the new images. Again while I could spend years getting it right I'm just not going to. Yes the workflow is time consuming, yes I know BIS made it easier but overall again, tomorrow will be punctuated by serious Photoshop and Texview2 work so yeah, that's pretty much the "last" things to do.

Stuff I need to show off:

- Masada SPR. Right now I did it only in 5.56 right now and so next version I'll go to 6.8 and next version (RC56) will include a black texture, I simply have too much to update and redo so I need to get the previous stuff updated so I'm a bit bogged down on that stuff right now.
- LWRC 6.8 Custom. This was a client requested weapon and I've wanted some of the newer AR stuff that's out to slowly appear in the pack. It turned out nice and quite proud of it. Needs some more tweaking but it's fairly done and yeah... I Like it a lot. It's in 6.8SPC so more of Spartan0536's work will be shown.

#4105101 - 04/12/15 01:40 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Here's a short clip showing off the 7.62 NATO recoil effects. The 240s will get a lower impulse as the newer system is much more flexible and you can slightly account for weight and other factors. Russian 7.62 will be a bit more for the AKs since light weapon, heavy recoil, etc.

#4105147 - 04/12/15 03:31 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
And fixed:

EricJ Wipeout Skins

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efi2ul7hvjsi1u9/EricJWipeoutRC10.7z?dl=0

- Fixed error with "config.bin/etc." thanks to Alexus

Steam subscribers will have it updated when they fix Publisher so until then...

Page 11 of 53 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 52 53

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.