Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4099514 - 03/31/15 07:30 AM Skylar Neese's murder: what was the motive?  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

I was watching a Discovery Channel documentary about the murder of 16 year old teen age girl Skylar Neese by 2 of her high school female classmates.

More here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Skylar_Neese

What was the motive?

Just for thrill?

She was an honor student.

Both of the murderers were honor students too.

Jealousy?

Fight over a boy?

This don't make sense!

I am afraid for my children.

You raise them from the first day they are born to adult hood and then some monster takes them away from you.

Like this other case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelsey_Smith

18 year old and just graduated from High School.

Killed by a punk who wanted to see what it was like to kill someone and he was married too to a woman of about the same age and not much older than his victim.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4099714 - 03/31/15 05:00 PM Re: Skylar Neese's murder: what was the motive? [Re: CG2015]  
Mechanus Offline
Mechanus  Offline

The first case is supposed to be shocking because there are young females involved. It doesn't mean that immaturity and narcissistic traits don't exist and combine to do this sort of thing.

Not that I have any particular insight into these individuals, but females can be very status conscious- what people would ascribe to males, but females can be much worse in many respects. They're ruthless to one another, the way they form social hierarchies and pick on each other is nothing like what males do to pick on each other. The reasons may appear to be very petty- they simply didn't like the girl anymore. She is a lower caste.

It appears to be a paradox because supposedly they are the most caring and nurturing, since they are the ones to bear and nurse children. This is about the biggest misplaced assumption there is- that they care for others the same way that they would care for their own children. When they want to, they are quite capable of destroying a person when they are down, not displaying the least bit of compassion that gets ascribed to them, but complete callousness.

#4099735 - 03/31/15 05:18 PM Re: Skylar Neese's murder: what was the motive? [Re: CG2015]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Because some people are violent animals. The only problem is not knowing which ones to put down before they act out.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4102117 - 04/06/15 08:36 AM Re: Skylar Neese's murder: what was the motive? [Re: CG2015]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

I just finished watching the documentary that also contains real police interrogation footage and then I went online and found the 2 girls's cell phones iM and tweets.

These girls were just pure evil.

They killed their best friend Skylar Neese because they decided they didn't like her anymore and they no longer wanted to be friends with her.

There is also speculation that Skylar knew secrets about them that they didn't want revealed once she stopped being their friends and is no longer obligated to keep those secrets secret.

You can see some of those tweets and iMs here:

http://newsball.com/sheliaeddyexclusiveinfo/

That's it!

I have children.

The oldest are 8.

I am locking them home.

No boyfriends, no girlfriends, no cell phones, no tablets, no iPad, no computers, no laptops, no iM, Messengers, PM, Tweets, Facebook, Pinterest, My Space, etc etc

#4102873 - 04/07/15 09:23 PM Re: Skylar Neese's murder: what was the motive? [Re: CG2015]  
Mechanus Offline
Mechanus  Offline

Well, the more people tend to be locked up and supervised, the more it creates its own problems: the prisons and even the world's most repressive societies have never actually stopped any of the behavior that they are terrified of.

No friends? Think of the repressive, even terrifying controls a parent would use to enforce something like that. I tend to think that's going to inflict its own damage, it's a form of abuse in its own right, it doesn't create a human being that's going to have an easier time later in life when they will go out on their own and have to fend for themselves. On balance, seriously denying someone the experience of interaction with others is going to do more damage than the off chance they might be murdered by childhood friends.

Once in a while I'll go out with a girl who may have had something while not so near as extreme, nevertheless they lived in terror of their parents and invariably have a lot of problems. Again, ironic how many of them are even more promiscuous and prone to get into relationships with controlling, abusive people. And they resent their parents.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.