Hop To
Page 10 of 53 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 52 53
#4084698 - 02/27/15 05:13 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Was doing some checking of the gun work I was doing for somebody, and found this out with the HK416, should be okay as far as shine as well:

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, I ate the crap sandwich, you didnt, so please dont tell me how it tastes.' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4085044 - 02/27/15 07:43 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
Vertigo1 Offline
Veteran
Vertigo1  Offline
Veteran

Zeta Aquilae System
OICW? Why the interest in a canceled weapon system?

Last edited by Vertigo1; 02/27/15 09:31 PM.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
#4085321 - 02/28/15 05:32 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
I was talking with a guy on Steam chat and I'd been mulling over a concept version in my head actually on how to implement it. That's how it worked out.

- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, I ate the crap sandwich, you didnt, so please dont tell me how it tastes.' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4087165 - 03/03/15 09:13 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay got the latest patch installed. For right now the coding allows the InitSpeed to still be set by the magazine. For the most part since it still functions "as normal" I will not set a default initspeed on a weapon, yet. If for some reason the default BIS ammo doesn't work in the 5.56 guns at least, then I'll have to set it. More to follow on that as I spend some time to get it working so if you have to battlefield resupply then you won't be left with a non-functioning weapon.

#4087194 - 03/03/15 09:45 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay a quick range test and vanilla ammo still fires correctly and still does killin, so right now since most weapons take a variety of ammunition at present, then I'm not going to fix what ain't broke. And methinks the recoil should be jecked up (not working) due to a new recoil system that they were working on (I left dev branch simply because I got all the information I needed). Also with the new resting algorithms going on TMR will still be considered part of the mod, but for nominal resting (rocks, etc.) you don't need it. And when the Marksman DLC comes out I'll move towards that as well and probably eliminate TMR as I go.

#4089168 - 03/08/15 05:38 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Hey people i don't mind if you add me on Steam no big deal... However you jokers in clans throw an application at me and I'll automatically reject it. Usually I assume it's for gun work and that's fine, or you just want to chat, that's cool. But keep in mind that I'm 38 years old, and mostly busy so I don't always have the time for clans. Nothing wrong with any established clans out there as I've met some great people over the last year and so on and if I feel I'm going to go back into a clan, I'll make that decision, not you.

And yes this PSA is because somebody did that.

#4089474 - 03/09/15 05:25 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay did some checking (thanks WarLord554) and after playing with the SCARs in A2 the plastic won't have that oily look that they did in A2. The barrels and other exposed metal will have that little shine to them but overall that's about it.

#4089861 - 03/09/15 10:02 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Given that most of the updates now are consisting mainly of RVMATing I'll shoot for Friday for at least that as an update. I'm a bit leaning towards the SureFire 60 mag... but which gun or guns would people like it on out of curiosity?

#4090891 - 03/11/15 10:11 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD

A basic start on the SureFire mags, simply just adapting a normal 30-round magazine and reshaping it and adjusting it based on the SureFire design.

#4090930 - 03/11/15 11:56 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
And getting more shaped properly:

#4091521 - 03/13/15 01:34 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay looks like Saturday or Sunday as earlier today I was feeling like #%&*$# and now feeling a bit better (some kind of bug, or food, not sure yet) as well as some personal issues that came up has kinda distracted me from game life, which is okay as the world is still turning. I have some more RVMATs to apply to the M4s as well as a few others to get them Gucci'd up a bit more.

#4091848 - 03/13/15 08:03 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay some progress, here's the AN/PVS-22 model donated by WarLord554... As such the PVS-22 is part of the 3D model so far. As I was typing this I figured you can make it part of the MRT system (next update) due to the fact that it can be "removed" and "put on" via that way. Right now since I got it set right now I'll leave them separate and for RC55 or so make it MRT-Compatible. As quite frankly I'm set on getting a release out now with stuff already setup so I can "pause" and focus on that next. Otherwise the non-PVS-22 model is Day Only, while this version is Night Only:

As for the 60-rounder magazine so far it'll be on just these weapons FOR NOW:

SCAR-L
HK416 10.5-inch
M4/M4A1

Again I'm looking to release tomorrow so that's a good start and allows some feedback, etc.

Also I misspoke with the REC-7. I have no plans or care to do the M468, i.e. textured. So in lieu of that I'll slip in the LWRC 6.8 SPR (have to re-stock it as it only has a PRS stock on it now) maybe tomorrow with the next update, so there'll be additions, but slow increments.

#4091998 - 03/14/15 04:43 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay I just have to RVMAT some weapons and do the inventory images for the "w/SF60" weapons and tomorrow (Saturday even though right now it is) I should get them out. If Winters12 is still lurking about no, I'm still unable to show the magazine types, but yes of course the "w/SF60" weapons can still accept 30-rounders. Whenever BIS comes up with a reliable method to allowing magazines like that to do then it'd cut down a lot on my own workload. But overall it looks fairly promising.

#4092305 - 03/15/15 03:32 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay the LWRC 6.8SPR didn't make it in this version (Steam users already have the update, next version the LWRC will be in there as I haven't changed it from the one I've done into the pack).

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2zznrx49ov5aw8/%40U100RC54.7z?dl=0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC 54
- Added more RVMATs to weapons and optics
- Improved geometries and added more refinements
- Fixed description entries for weapons.
- Added PVS-22/M3LR scope, regular M3LR is Day Only now. AN/PVS-22 is courtesy (in whole) from WarLord554.
- Added the M4/M4A1, SCAR-L, and HK416 with SureFire 60 magazines. Weapons will have "w/SF60" added to their name to show which ones. It should be noted that they still can accept 30-round magazines.
- Updated Ammo Box and fixed some entries (again).

Future plans:

- MRT configuration for the M3LR scopes
- Possibly merging the Thompson pack into the weapons pack, to condense stuff).

#4094025 - 03/19/15 05:18 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Yeah I think his last update mentioned something about that along with the BIS tweaks as well. Right now I'm tired as #%&*$# so later on today, or maybe tomorrow I'll get back on this. Current plans:

- Merging the Thompson pack into the main weapons pack (less... technically "less" to worry about...) but may not do it, if people really don't mind I will.
- MRTing that M3LR and the PVS-22.

Got a couple requests off of here and Steam so....

- 18" SPR Masada
- Black Masada (both versions, I think if I understood it correctly).
- Somebody asked me on the Steam topic for a desert Barrett .50cal (yes I did fix that, that was a good catch thank you.)
-"Camouflaged" sniper rifle, which methinks (correct me if I'm wrong) is an SVD. I'll have to check my files and double-check.

Alibi RVMATs (i.e. I simply didn't do them or realized after I uploaded it):
- L115A3 and A1
- Glock 45CL. I had actually tried it on the Glock but must have screwed it up somewhere along the line as it was pretty bad, so it doesn't have it for now, I need to work on a good plastic RVMAT as it was as said, the original was a very bad one. I think I may need to adjust some things but overall for later or so.

#4095021 - 03/22/15 12:07 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay good news... managed to redo the SureFire 60 models and able to at least salvage the config, which is good because I hate redoing stuff when it's done. Thankfully I still had a good percentage of weapons (some I have to refix) but overall after some RVMAT love it'll be better.

#4096265 - 03/24/15 06:44 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay as I slowly think of things... would the community like it if I made the mod able to use vanilla (as well as the supplied optics for the mod) only in lieu of those who don't for some odd reason don't like or use ASDG Joint Rails? Given how fullerpj set it up for the USAF Mod weapons would that be a thing to implement?

#4096536 - 03/25/15 01:57 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Also regarding the new Marksman DLC... with some help a friend on FB he's helped me decode some of the mystery on how to get bipods setup for weapons. So right now I'm staying off Dev branch simply because the last time I was on it, I just needed to see how the resting function was working and so far back then it was pretty cool, so I left it and waiting for 1.42. So once i figure it out how to set the proxy and get it coded right yes, the majority of weapons that have enough space on the rail will get a bipod proxy so you can use BIS or hopefully homemade bipods on the weapons. So for the IAR lovers out there yes, the IAR will get the bipod love and realistically the MGs will not. I may modify the M249 as these days most (Brits do as far as I remember) don't use the original factory bipod in lieu of the Grip Pod but that's subject to some checking around. I used the factory bipod when I was assigned the SAW and it worked great so I don't see removing it yet.

#4098792 - 03/29/15 05:17 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay unless I'm getting the vibe wrong I'm going to hold off the next update until the Marksman DLC/1.42 gets introduced. Right now given the setup which is fairly easy to setup so far I'm going to only make the Harris Bipod the only active bipod accessory so far. Right now with the Barretts having their own integral bipod I may, or may not include it as an attachment. Given the outlook on people's views there won't be a separate bipod/non-bipod version of the same weapon. It makes no sense and so on. Yes I'll see how it looks for the DLC but overall support is going to be for it more than likely.

#4099232 - 03/30/15 04:56 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay here's some stuff I'm working on in the background:

Mk12 SPR:

Somehow I ended up with an SPR in my file repository of 3D models and decided to bring it in the pack. I've always had a thing for it so I figured what the hell. The rear sight may get reworked but the weapon will be in "as is"

Also a "Barrett M103". I was re-watching Appleseed: Alpha (decent movie of the series) and Bri's rifle kinda inspired this design. The muzzle brake is oriented upwards (as in the movie his gun was basically a redone M102) but can't be seen with te massive suppressor installed. This is going to be definitely oriented for the Marksman DLC as the rail bottom piece will mount an attachable bipod:

I know a lot of people will philosophize about the rear portion (bolt travel, etc) but essentially it's a "cooler" Barret M99 and as you can see more "compact" and so on. The anim is from the SCAR so it looks a bit more "assault rifle" than a sniper rifle but hey I can always change the appearance.

And the RVMAT work I managed to tweak so it looks better:

Page 10 of 53 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 52 53

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.