Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4095771 - 03/23/15 09:46 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: near_blind]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: near_blind

Oh please. Anyone here representing ED in any function other than saying "DCS World 2 has been released" is treated as one step above persona non grata, nobody here gives them any credibility.

Do I personally see where Sobek was personally slighted for his localization? nope. Do I understand why he's being defensive? Totally. There is a sustained strain of ire towards ED here. You cannot have a thread that discusses a communique from the company without it escalating to excrement tossing adventure in a span of 10 posts or less. Someone is always waiting in the wings with a bone to pick. Sobek, Skate and the bunch, as closest representation of that institution, are a convenient (and constant) target of that ire.

Do I always agree with what they say or how the respond? Again, nope. But at this point I can't help but sympathize with them. I'm not even the target of any of the crap they take, and I'm constantly frustrated with the persistently acidic attitude that seems to have descended on this forum since last summer.

It takes two to Tango near_blind.

Someone suggested that ED asking for volunteers to do thousands of hours of translation for free so they can profit from it might be a tad unfair…not an over the top observation really. And now it turns into a federal case because some take it personally.

No negative opinion in any form goes unpunished.

I would definitely give serious kudos to any member of the community that takes on this challenge though!

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4095772 - 03/23/15 09:47 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: near_blind]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece

Do I understand why he's being defensive? Totally. There is a sustained strain of ire towards ED here. You cannot have a thread that discusses a communique from the company without it escalating to excrement tossing adventure in a span of 10 posts or less. Someone is always waiting in the wings with a bone to pick. Sobek, Skate and the bunch, as closest representation of that institution, are a convenient (and constant) target of that ire.

Don't read too much into it.

[edited]

No personal insults Remon

Ok, nicely put, Mustang#### only makes overly negative posts about DCS, and XIII is a EECH fan that tries to really dislikes other helo sims, namely DCS and Combat Helo.

Btw, Force10, you could only delete the "personal insults".

Last edited by Remon; 03/23/15 10:02 PM.
#4095776 - 03/23/15 09:55 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: near_blind]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: Force10
OK.

I guess I will stop waiting for you to point out the post where you were mocked for doing the translation…because it obviously doesn't exist.

It was just a fabrication and over-exaggeration by you to further your cause as the victim and make SimHQ and it's members out
to be villains.

It doesn't help with your credibility much I would say.

Oh please. Anyone here representing ED in any function other than saying "DCS World 2 has been released" is treated as one step above persona non grata, nobody here gives them any credibility.

Do I personally see where Sobek was personally slighted for his localization? nope. Do I understand why he's being defensive? Totally. There is a sustained strain of ire towards ED here. You cannot have a thread that discusses a communique from the company without it escalating to excrement tossing adventure in a span of 10 posts or less. Someone is always waiting in the wings with a bone to pick. Sobek, Skate and the bunch, as closest representation of that institution, are a convenient (and constant) target of that ire.

Do I always agree with what they say or how the respond? Again, nope. But at this point I can't help but sympathize with them. I'm not even the target of any of the crap they take, and I'm constantly frustrated with the persistently acidic attitude that seems to have descended on this forum since last summer.

I don't know, the F-14 thread seems to be keeping pretty positive, but I'd wager some factors there:

-It's a plane everyone wants; people want relevant content, and while the recent WWII/Korea/Vietnam/ Trainer AC, are spectacular; let's all be honest: a modernish (Vietnam era and forward) front-line jet is really what we're all salivating over
-Cobra has been weighing in with updates and a proposedlaunch timeline
-the announcement comms answered a lot of questions that would have been asked by the community anyway, including the inclusion of WSO (AI and Player controlled iirc).
-It helps that LN recently delivered a "BIG DEAL": the Mig-21, to essentially a standing ovation from the community. (seemed that way to me, at least, and for VERY good reason by personal experience with the product)

Conversely, ED first party hasn't really delivered a "BIG DEAL" (EDGE/2.0, the Hornet) in a while, but keeps talking about them without really delivering anything more than vague updates and if we're lucky, time-lines. Even if behind the scenes working is steaming along a brisk clip; that image fails to make it to the front page and the reputation that's left is of a company that's over-promising and under-delivering, even if that's not fair or true.

I think if they would release some video of the hornet and a rough release time line, it would pick up the mood greatly.

Relevant point being: I think the community tends to be pretty even keeled (on average; there are ALWAYS going to be out-liers), and they're responding to a lack of delivery (perceived or not) and information.

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 03/23/15 09:55 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4095778 - 03/23/15 09:57 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Sobek]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: Sobek
Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE
It mean's something different than "hi"?

It is often derogatorily used to expose someone as a gold miner, especially in an RPG context.

Wait..really? I thought that was more the Koreans deal, what with the popularity of RPGs over there.

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 03/23/15 09:58 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4095782 - 03/23/15 10:02 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Grunt0331 Offline
Grunt0331  Offline

I can't speak to any foreign fair labor and wage laws, but here in the United States, it is against the law for a for-profit business to employ unpaid volunteers. That means, where a for-profit business "suffers or permits" one to work for it, that person is legally an "employee" who must be paid the requisite minimum wage, together with proper overtime.

Chances are high that this arrangement will have nothing to do with US law, but I figured I'd throw this out there as food for thought.

de.ci.sive.ness\ n. 1. Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner. 2. See United States Marine.
#4095792 - 03/23/15 10:29 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Force10]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

It takes two to Tango near_blind.

I'll grant you that smile

Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE
[quote=Force10]OK.

I guess I will stop waiting for you to point out the post where you were mocked for doing the translation…because it obviously doesn't exist.

It was just a fabrication and over-exaggeration by you to further your cause as the victim and make SimHQ and it's members out
to be villains.

It doesn't help with your credibility much I would say.

[...]

I don't know, the F-14 thread seems to be keeping pretty positive, but I'd wager some factors there:

[...]

That's also LNS's turf not ED. They've announced a popular aircraft, and are fresh off a pretty spectacular first release. Last year about this time in the depths of the release crisis, I don't remember them being all that popular either. (Note. I believe LNS has earned every bit of good will they're receiving. My only complaint is no matter how much money I throw at my monitor, I don't have an F-14 yet.)

Quote:

Conversely, ED first party hasn't really delivered a "BIG DEAL" (EDGE/2.0, the Hornet) in a while, but keeps talking about them without really delivering anything more than vague updates and if we're lucky, time-lines. Even if behind the scenes working is steaming along a brisk clip; that image fails to make it to the front page and the reputation that's left is of a company that's over-promising and under-delivering, even if that's not fair or true.

I think if they would release some video of the hornet and a rough release time line, it would pick up the mood greatly.

I want to be mad at ED I used to be constantly mad at ED (ask anyone who flew on the Firehouse). I'm annoyed like everyone else that EDGE has been delayed again. I've been wanting a hornet like aircraft since FC 1.12a. I would like to personally fly to Moscow and figure out why Chizh is so reluctant to change the missile AFM. But the thing is this: complaining doesn't work. We can (and for the most part do) complain constantly that the things we want aren't out yet.

The thing is, it doesn't appear to be working. EDGE hasn't come out any faster. As far as I know no work happened in 2013/early 2014 on the hornet despite the outrage when Wags told us not to expect updates for a year. ED works at their own pace. If they're keeping track of our angst-tempest, they're certainly not indicating it. So I ask, what's the point of it all? All it's doing is further dividing an already small community.

Yes, it's lame that ED has not delivered what they promised with the speed they announced. Brow beating the ED moderators every time they show up to a point where they're constantly in defensive mindset isn't going to help with that. All it does is turn every thread into the same shouting match.

I really hope that when EDGE/2.0 does finally drop, we as a community can begin to put some of this behind us. It'd be nice to actually discuss flight simulation on a flight sim forum again.

Off to greener pastures
#4095796 - 03/23/15 10:46 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
Sobek, I really appreciate the work you volunteered to do. I totally understand the frustration when someone belittles the effort you put into it by making it seem that ED is taking advantage of people.

The fact that news that ED is looking for translation help from a member of the community willing to donate their time turns into a rant against ED within the first posts just points out how biased, toxic and negative this place has become.

The anti ED crowd has won here.

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
#4095802 - 03/23/15 10:56 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Fridge]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Originally Posted By: Fridge
Sobek, I really appreciate the work you volunteered to do. I totally understand the frustration when someone belittles the effort you put into it by making it seem that ED is taking advantage of people.

The fact that news that ED is looking for translation help from a member of the community willing to donate their time turns into a rant against ED within the first posts just points out how biased, toxic and negative this place has become.

The anti ED crowd has won here.

Seriously......

I just don't understand the extremist sentimentality.

From reading this mind numbing thread I gained the following.

No one defamed sobek.
People find it strange that ED announced what they did.
Sobek took it the wrong way and chucked a wobbly
People asked where was the sobek bashing post.
Sobek couldn't reply directly.
Now we have the typical pro ED fan base chucking excrement at SimHQ'ers saying we are low life scum that do nothing but bash ed.
The end result, the two camps are at loggerheads again.

Ffs people. Where is the common sense. Just read what was written, stop making up words in your minds eye which wasn't written. And discuss civilly any questions you may have about someone else post.

This is supposed to be a place of adults.

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 03/23/15 10:58 PM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4095805 - 03/23/15 11:06 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

#4095808 - 03/23/15 11:09 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Originally Posted By: bogusheadbox

Now we have the typical pro ED fan base chucking excrement at simhq'ers saying we are low life scum that do nothing but bash ed.
The end result, the two camps are at loggerheads again.

Ffs people. Where is the common sense. Just read what was written, stop making up words in your minds eye which wasn't written. And discuss civilly any questions you may have about someone else post.

This is supposed to be a place of adults.

Are you trying to be ironic? I don't get it.

And if you're being serious, I find it offensive that you distinguish people in "pro ED fan base" and "SimHQ'ers".

Last edited by Remon; 03/23/15 11:25 PM.
#4095822 - 03/23/15 11:35 PM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Remon]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Remon

[edited]

Ok, nicely put, Mustang#### only makes overly negative posts about DCS, and XIII is a EECH fan that tries to really dislikes other helo sims, namely DCS and Combat Helo.

I guess you have illustrated what part of the problem is here. As you have pointed out…these members have posted negative opinions about a product…and now you feel the need to insult and judge them personally.

It's just a game…don't take it so personally.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4095828 - 03/24/15 12:00 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
I think you guys ARE missing something...

Take a few minutes and read this post over at DCSW Forums. The OP was posted two days before this one started on SimHQ --
Users in mainland China have terrible multiplayer experience

The folks in China are having a heck of a time connecting and staying connected to MP servers. That may be the impetus behind the ED announcement.

Many of the forums at DCSW are there for folks to discuss and work out sim and technical issues. I believe this is another case of just that. An issue that needs some warm bodies, and a call for some assistance. BTW, a lot of us volunteer a heck of an amount of our time because we like doing it.

WC

#4095829 - 03/24/15 12:00 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
typical pro ED fan base chucking excrement at simhq'ers saying we are low life scum that do nothing but bash ed.

Wow. So I'm not welcome as a SimHQ'er because I defend ED? Nice.

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
#4095836 - 03/24/15 12:22 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Force10]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece

[edited]

I guess you have illustrated what part of the problem is here. As you have pointed out…these members have posted negative opinions about a product…and now you feel the need to insult and judge them personally.

Well, I can't judge them personally, but other members can judge me and others. I think you just illustrated the other part of the problem here.

#4095840 - 03/24/15 12:36 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Remon]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

[edited]

Well, I can't judge them personally, but other members can judge me and others. I think you just illustrated the other part of the problem here.

Can you point out where someone called you a troll…or some other outright insult…looking through your post history I can't seem to find it.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4095843 - 03/24/15 12:40 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: bogusheadbox]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Now we have the typical pro ED fan base chucking excrement at SimHQ'ers saying we are low life scum that do nothing but bash ed.

I'm not going to touch the rest of this, because it's silly. But I'll just point out I'm on the SimHQ TS server most nights, I play Arma 3 with the SimHQ crowd Monday, Saturdays and Sundays. Insurgency Mondays and Fridays, and DCS and Elite whenever I can find the people. I've been doing this

If I'm not a SimHQ'er then I'd love to hear what your criteria for being one is.

Off to greener pastures
#4095844 - 03/24/15 12:40 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
And,
What is the "other part of the problem."?

IMWTK

WC

#4095860 - 03/24/15 01:16 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
matrix

#4095869 - 03/24/15 01:32 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
I was contemplating a new post for a SimHQ Fly-In. Let's all have some beers and actually fly a mission together. This weekend at 5 PM EST how about?

Saturday will work for me.

WC

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 03/24/15 01:34 AM. Reason: schedule
#4095870 - 03/24/15 01:34 AM Re: ED request chinese team [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
I was contemplating a new post for a SimHQ Fly-In. Let's all have some beers and actually fly a mission together. tomorrow at 5 PM EST how about?

WC

I'll be later, but count me in

Off to greener pastures
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.