Hop To
#4093491 - 03/18/15 10:21 AM Air Cav  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Screenshots from a MP mission yesterday. Mission was to capture several towns, Hueys flew in troops and provided support against enemy infantry, A-10s brought the big stick for more dangerous threats. JTAC on the ground coordinated strikes with smoke markers. Great fun and boy do the door gunners on the Huey shred enemy infantry with their miniguns! biggrin

Giddyap horsey!

Troops on the ground, LZ hot!

Munitions factory + 2.75" rockets = fireworks

Door gunner engaging the enemy

Close Air Support #1

Close Air Support #2

Huey!

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4093536 - 03/18/15 12:49 PM Re: Air Cav [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Derby Offline
Derby  Offline

I'm just going to hijack this thread. Same mission, A-10C perspective. I didn't take many screenshots during the mission, but here's what I have, plus one bonus screen from our groundcommander:

Rifle!

Defensive:

What a mean face:

Very late into the Mission after already 1xRTB and one visit to the Tanker: Winchester, Bingo Fuel and I got a bit too close to the AAA, they almost hit the engines.

Almost home:

Short final - left MFCD out, Airspeedindicator not operational, CICU damaged, Radar Altimeter destroyed, AN/ALQ-131 damaged plus a few other minor malfunctions. I was lucky the AAA didn't get any vital systems:

The other A-10C didn't make it home, he was deep in enemy territory, there were MANPADS' and he was on his own. The Pilot managed to punch out but was captured by the enemy (screenshot courtesy of our groundcommander):

#4093545 - 03/18/15 01:26 PM Re: Air Cav [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Nice to see some more pics from this very fun mission!

Derby is also our mission wizzard, kudos to him!

cheers

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4093590 - 03/18/15 04:01 PM Re: Air Cav [Re: Para_Bellum]  
CAVCPT Offline
MAJ, IN, USA
CAVCPT  Offline
MAJ, IN, USA

LOUISIANA, USA
Guys,

Looks like an awesome mission. I really need to get on-board this DCS multiplayer gig. I've gone back to DCS after a long FSX hiatus to get ready for my private pilots license. My skills in the A-10C and the helicopters is thankfully returning.

Can someone post the mission link?

Also, I heard that the F-10 ability to load and unload troops was broke in the last update? Any truth to this?

Again, great stuff gents.

CAV
The Flying Tanker

Stephen Luebbert
MAJ, AR
United States Army

#4093628 - 03/18/15 05:30 PM Battle for Gori [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Derby Offline
Derby  Offline

The mission is early WIP. It's playable and already a lot of fun in COOP but it's very rough around the edges and requires some balancing to make it fun for everyone if played on a full scale (PvP with two tactical commanders). There is a lot of work to be done, including - but not limited to - writing a proper briefing that can be accessed in-game, before I would consider officially releasing it to the public but even then I can not see this mission working on a public server - it's asymmetric by design and the potential for trolls to ruin it for everyone is incredibly high. However, it is a ton of fun if there is coordination and everyone is on TS, especially with ARIES Airborne Radio.

It's a COOP and PvP combined arms mission for the UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, A-10C, MiG-21Bis and both Su-25 variants. The mix of airplanes I used isn't very realistic but I didn't want to include modern FC3 air superiority fighters for the sake of the mud movers and helicopters, plus, I just love Leatherneck's MiG - it's available to both sides but only few are available on BLUE.
It features MEDEVAC missions for the helis on both sides as well as troop transport for both sides. CAS missions are possible with all aircraft. SEAD can be flown in the Su-25T on both sides and the fantastic IADS (Integrated Air Defense Systems) Script makes it a very fun task.
Combat Air Patrols in the MiG are already possible but their utility is limited at this point in time - the PvP aspect is in very early WIP and there are no COOP CAP missions (AI enemy fighters). Something like this is planned though.

The AO is the valley around Khashuri, Tshkinvali and Gori, with Gori as the main objective. BLUE aircraft start in Kutaisi, RED in Vaziani. Helicopters start from different FARP's around the AO. Dropzones for the helicopters vary in difficulty and the more aircraft types there are, the more enemies are on the field.
It's playable as COOP with as little as two players in Hueys or Mi-8 and can be played with up as many players as I put slots in or as many players as the host can handle. Sadly, DCS limits us to about 8-9players maximum at the moment.

Yes, the CTTS Script gave me a lot of headaches. I'm not a coder and I only have very, very basic scripting knowledge. Thankfully, there are very capable people on the ED Forums and one of them came up with a fix: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108523

Some screens I used for a very basic online briefing on the forum we use. Enjoy my fantastic MS Paint skills^^:

A light version of that mission is part of a training map I build for our small community.

Alright, I think that's enough with the teasing.
I know this is a risk buuuuut I'm gonna trust the guys here to not be complete d****: If you know how to use Google you might be able to find a download link but the mission is far from finished and please don't put the link up anywhere. That's all I'm asking if you find it (omg please don't be the internet I know and hate biggrin ).

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.