Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4096254 - 03/24/15 06:35 PM Re: Another WOFF moment... [Re: DukeIronHand]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Nice (game play wise of course and not for "him") about the observer and what happened to him.
Another tip of the hat to OBD.

#4096266 - 03/24/15 06:45 PM Re: Another WOFF moment... [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Nice (game play wise of course and not for "him") about the observer and what happened to him.
Another tip of the hat to OBD.

Ditto to that!

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4191983 - 11/07/15 08:01 PM Re: Another WOFF moment... [Re: DukeIronHand]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
You know I hate to wax on like an addled schoolboy with his first crush but I have been simming for a whole lot of years and there are things that happen in WOFF you just don't see in any other sim. Man this game is cool (or I seriously need to get a life!) and it's the only game that gives me these "Wow" moments.

I've always wondered and felt a bit jealous that people are experiencing these cool feelings and I wasn't able to feel it. Was I turning into a hardened rock after all this time tinkering with WOFF?... nope, I just had an awesome moment of my own.

2 March 1916, 1 Sqn. RNAS, N10.C1, Flight was Dallas (HA), Me and a wingman.
After gaining altitude about 1km offshore north of Dunkirk, we head out to our assigned patrol area above the front. We flew into thick layers of large cumulus clouds the whole time. Then all of sudden shots were hitting me from I don't know where. I couldn't see behind me too well (thanks to my new profile), so I panicked and turned my machine to see who it was. I still couldn't see anyone, so I tried to look around for my flight. I started to feel claustrophobic inside that cockpit with those large wings and metallic glass shield blocking most of my view. I lost my flight, but saw the Aviatik that had probably shot at me from below and under cover of clouds. I eventually caught up to it and started to shoot, but lost it again when it flew into the clouds.

THE MOMENT: 5 km behind enemy lines @ 6000 ft, strong gusts of wind making me use some aileron and rudder to stay level, heading back home, still claustrophobic not able to see everything like I used to and flak bursting around me.... Then silence with only the sound of my engine and occasional gust of wind, can't see the ground due to the clouds.... AND I'M ALONE!

I paused the game just to get myself comfortable and turned off all the lights in the room. I was immersed inside WW1 for 10 minutes where sight, sound and panic all melded together in an awesome WOFF moment.

Hats off to OBD. Well done fellas.
cheers

#4192014 - 11/07/15 09:25 PM Re: Another WOFF moment... [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

I know what you mean, OldHat - the depth of emotions and atmospheres is unreached by any other sim IMHO.

I just had one of those sorties.
After days of dreadful weather, the new morning arose with the hazy beauty of a tea rose - and I knew -
for an hour - that we were invincible, and immortal...

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.