Forums » Land & Armor Combat » Graviteam Sims » sabbboooooowwwwwww Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#4089424 - 03/08/15 08:51 PM sabbboooooowwwwwww
FlashBurn Online   sicko

Loc: Washington State, USA
I have now spent the whole damned weekend playing the remastered sabow. Been awhile since I played SABOW.

Now i am thinking about maybe trying to get the M38a1 jeep playable in game again. Is it even worth the effort? If I did get the bloody thing to work I would end up doing a campaign with it. Maybe a Crescent Moon II. Where half of it you would be glued to a jeep getting some kind of defense ready. The other in the M60a1.

Just talking out the side of my mouth here.

Just now remastered SABOW has a 3d set up phase camera (YAY!) and there may just be more interest again. Less tank sim. More company commander infantry glued to jeep seat. If I could get that working.

ISABOW mod. Check Graviteam forum. New AI vehicle M113a1 with recoiless and M106a1 self propelled mortar carrier. Much of other little stuff too. biggrin Requires AUG SABOW patch from Graviteam. Enjoy biggrin

#4090294 - 03/10/15 03:17 PM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
FlashBurn Online   sicko

Going threw my old Isabow files. As well as looking at what is new under the hood with the new one.

Any who... Booted up the last thing I was working on. It was of course the playable M38a1. It was not done but was far enough along to try and get it drivable. Well...an issue with not being able for game to find a place for the human to sit. Well or AI's. but would spawn at least.

Have some pics =)

And some OLD ones where I got it to sort of work as an AI only vehicle. Which is WAY more easy to get working.

EXPERT ai driver... in the last one.

ISABOW mod. Check Graviteam forum. New AI vehicle M113a1 with recoiless and M106a1 self propelled mortar carrier. Much of other little stuff too. biggrin Requires AUG SABOW patch from Graviteam. Enjoy biggrin

#4090339 - 03/10/15 04:23 PM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
FlashBurn Online   sicko

Well this was unexpected...

ISABOW 4 gtos mod works with the remastered sabow. More or less. Still a bit surprised by that one.

#4090493 - 03/10/15 11:24 PM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
FlashBurn Online   sicko

AHHHH mod development... Its so...annoying.

biggrin

So much work and you jsut get silly issues.

WIP M38a1 in GTOS. Get all the kinks out in GTOS and then back to hair pulling trying to get it playable. I really hope this works this time..

OMG I have a lot of work to do.

Edited by FlashBurn (03/10/15 11:39 PM)

#4090510 - 03/11/15 02:30 AM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
FlashBurn Online   sicko

Its Patton! Getting better.

Oh lord...

Believe it or not, I almost have this thing rigged up right as an AI vehicle in GTOS. Just need to figure out why the ammo goes poof, fix the disappearing texture, and get the guy hovering over the gun to knock that off.

Edited by FlashBurn (03/11/15 03:50 AM)

#4090741 - 03/11/15 01:31 PM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
FlashBurn Online   sicko

Still issues with the gun and ammo. Strange issue indeed. But can't wait now to get this issue solved so I can do the final bit O model and textures. Well and see about making it human usable in SABOW.

Its a real cute little unit. biggrin

#4090960 - 03/11/15 10:07 PM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
FlashBurn Online   sicko

Horrific accident during weapon testing. rofl

Some fan fire with the old M106a1's. YAY! got all the basic functionality with the m38a1. Still needs tweaks. Turns like poo. It really needs custom poses for the crew (something I do not have access too). But it can shoot stuff. Still need to get to the M38a1c. Which will be the heavy hitter.....M40 106mm recoiless rifle. But how I have a basis to torture myself and try and get it drivable in SABOW.

hinds Vs clown cars.. Hinds win.

Edited by FlashBurn (03/11/15 11:20 PM)

#4091012 - 03/12/15 04:02 AM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
Smithcorp Online   content

Loc: Oz
Looking pretty cool. Those mortar carriers look great.

#4091304 - 03/12/15 02:36 PM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
FlashBurn Online   sicko

The M106's? They are ok. Was a speed job on textures. Not my best. But they are 3 years old. Released with ISABOW and such way back. While Isabow does not work with the remastered, oddly ISABOW for GTOS does more or less. Go figure. I will likely update all the old stuff, well campaigns I did at least along with the way old minimod for the remastered sabow.

For this go around since IRan never used M106's but did use M30 heavy mortars I will probably take the mortars out of the m106 and make them separate. If a player wants to move them about, just order them into an m113 for transport. Something like that. However, if I update old mission crescent moon to crescent moon II, they will get the M106a1's for sure. That is just Iran standing in for a NATO in a balls to the wall reinforced Warsaw pact style reinforced mechanized infantry battalion slamming into a few Nato style defenders.

#4092147 - 03/14/15 02:21 PM Re: sabbboooooowwwwwww [Re: FlashBurn]
whukid Offline

I'm thoroughly surprised you haven't put a gunshield on the M113 yet and started an ACAV thing tanksalot

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
World War 2 movies with DVD covers that are insulting toward WW II Veterans and WW II Buffs
by CG2015
12:58 AM
The driving student from hell!
by Desert Eagle
08:11 PM
Another USS Enterprise
by Mad Max
08:02 PM
What do...
by Stormtrooper
07:41 PM
Amazon Cloud. what is going on?
by McGonigle
04:51 PM
Oops wrong carrier
by KraziKanuK
03:23 PM
Harrison Ford and the DH Beaver
by Li'lJugs
12:55 PM
1970's concept designs for life in space
by PanzerMeyer
11:31 AM
One of the all-time greatest music videos, evah!
by Li'lJugs
11:25 AM
Domestic violence and the reality of it
by Ajay
10:56 AM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.