I was playing a campaing as red and minding my own business but I kept hearing someone saying seeking firing position.

At first I didn't pay much attention to it but after a while of hearing the same call sign, I decided to find it on the map.

A MI-24 on a BAI mission with only one target, a transport truck positioned between a wall and a small slope in the ground, so I guess the MI-24 couldn't find a good spot to fire at it.

I looked at the payload and the MI-24 had a full complement of Schturms and S8 and S13.

Well, here's is what is weird: the BAI mission has been going on for over 1 1/2 hours and when I looked at it, the MI-24 was just a couple of miles from the W landing point still saying seeking firing position.

That is a long long way to see fire position and why would go that far out back to the landing base and from that distance, it shouldn't even say seeking firing position because it's too far away for the Mi-24 pilots to get a visual and instrument lock of their target.

Never seen that before.

I killed the mission by X it out and ATC said Mission Failed and told it to return to base.