Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#4071091 - 01/29/15 10:42 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Rgr, simply was curious.

-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4071576 - 01/30/15 04:27 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

wink TPA. that prikly(spelling) al
I made a cap for you. The 3D model is an early work Slomo sent me and I modified the textures to fit my needs. The lighting and 3D world are also from my code development world and not PP2-x. The cap software is old and I do not care that it is. It turns out to have helped me because I now have a way to replay my onscreen debug info at a more usefull frame capture rate.

The Z spike when the calculation points cross a grid can be seen, in real speed and frame by frame they are harder to track.

http://home.comcast.net/~ab707/pex/temp/temp.htm

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4071838 - 01/30/15 08:12 PM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Pretty cool video!

-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
#4077729 - 02/12/15 09:49 PM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Daskal Offline
Daskal  Offline

Murkz is working on a new Tiger I model (among other things) - looks like the real deal with 3D wheels and detailed parts underway:

#4077816 - 02/13/15 12:29 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
Ooohh command Tiger...Niiiiice..Beautiful model.

#4083584 - 02/25/15 06:01 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
flightsimer90s Offline
flightsimer90s  Offline

Installed ppx beta pp2x 1.2 ... uninstalled pex1.3

big difference loved it.

The only bugs I found so far along with some improvement suggestions. If you are taking them..

-Invisible tanks during campaigns at planing scenes
-Crew bailouts, if survived, that would run off map or hide in structures?
-AT gun damage like tanks.
-Add Mines?
-Abandoning of tanks? Would happen if main gun damage or some other severe damage like engine.
-Crews on AT guns?
-Maybe add a nice moon at night or moon lighting for night, too dark.
-Maybe make some armored cars playable
-stuart should be playable
-greyhound needs a 50 cal
-greyhounds turret too high up
-King tiger has to take 2 shots on Stuart to destroy them, when one shell would obliterate it.
-any way to add earlier stuart tank variants?
-shouldn't the older M10s need a 50 cal
-Coax and bow mgs in german tanks are too fast (wav file) like an mg42, most all german tanks had an mg34 which sounds slower
-Shermans having awful hard time hitting targets on the move or even at a slow walk, should be easier with the turret gyros
-M8 scotts don't show as wingmen they are invisible or appear as stuarts in instant action
-.50cal should be used on tanks and HTs. they could penetrate side armor (like the stug) and most german tanks rear engine wall
-Add more commanders mgs to top hatches on both sides maybe even usable when hatch is open?
-Stug is missing a bow mg
-Airstrike option?
-Tanks switch from AP to HE constantly while a target travles between trees or cover, looking at a town such as the first American campaign in normandy. This only happens when enemy troops are present for the HE to be used and a tank is running around
In the Normandy campaign you can be sitting outside of croix town at that's all you hear for 20 minutes is the loud shells changing constantly without a single shot being fired.
-RRHAL.DLL sometimes errors out to windows in a mission, then returns to game with mission failed status.

#4083784 - 02/25/15 03:37 PM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: flightsimer90s]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Installed ppx beta pp2x 1.2 ... uninstalled pex1.3
big difference loved it.

PEx is the game engine work with a few examples of what is possible. It has the least new content to make it easier to find bugs in the code. PP2x is a conversion of PP2 to the new game engine. A couple of MP players wanted to use the new game engine so they started to convert there preferred mod. Slomo and Murkz read this forum, so I'll just comment about game engine and what I know about there work.

The only bugs I found so far along with some improvement suggestions. If you are taking them..
They are always welcome, but understand that this is a few people working in there hobby time.

-Invisible tanks during campaigns at planing scenes
Tools to do this are done, but the work is low on the priorities.

-Crew bailouts, if survived, that would run off map or hide in structures?
It is on the wish list.

-AT gun damage like tanks.
Not sure what you mean.

-Add Mines?
It is on the wish list. If some was active with scenario creation, I would move this up the list.

-Abandoning of tanks? Would happen if main gun damage or some other severe damage like engine.
This does happen, but it needs to show open hatches. Main gun depressed without the turret blown off is most likely abandoned.

-Crews on AT guns?
The code work is done, now we just need the 3D models.

-Maybe add a nice moon at night or moon lighting for night, too dark.
Weather conditions dictate the ambient light levels. The lighting maps can be adjusted with the object editor. It is on the wish list for the object editor to make lighting maps WYSIWYG rather then adjust in the editor and play the game to check the results. There is a minimum lighting settings in PE/data/PE_Game.ini. Find DARKEN= under [options] and adjust the number. 90 is the maximum value and the most that can be added to the ambient light level.

-Maybe make some armored cars playable
-stuart should be playable

They used to be playable in PP2. They may have been removed from the list because they were using the tank interiors.

-greyhound needs a 50 cal
-greyhounds turret too high up

M8s and M20s do need a new 3D model.

-King tiger has to take 2 shots on Stuart to destroy them, when one shell would obliterate it.
It depends where you hit a tank. There are historical accounts of shells passing straight through thinner skinned armour. PE models solid shot only. Updating the damage modeling is on the list for a complete rewrite of that code.

-any way to add earlier stuart tank variants?
All you need is a 3D model and the data entered into the usunit.csv file.

-shouldn't the older M10s need a 50 cal
PE's AA MG is just eye candy. You can attribute the gun as a bow mg, but it looks odd when unmanned.

-Coax and bow mgs in german tanks are too fast (wav file) like an mg42, most all german tanks had an mg34 which sounds slower
I thought Slomo had fixed all the ones he thought had MG42. You can fix it yourself by editing the gun number in the unit csv file.

-Shermans having awful hard time hitting targets on the move or even at a slow walk, should be easier with the turret gyros
The gyro is not modeled and that task is very low on the list.

-M8 scotts don't show as wingmen they are invisible or appear as stuarts in instant action
That means the 3D model can not be found.

-.50cal should be used on tanks and HTs. they could penetrate side armor (like the stug) and most german tanks rear engine wall
The external MG was never coded. Adding it is low on the list. The soft skin AI will use it if it is modeled as the main gun. I have it working properly for the Brit44-x M3 scout car and the M3A1 HT.

-Add more commanders mgs to top hatches on both sides maybe even usable when hatch is open?
The external MG was never coded.

-Stug is missing a bow mg
Stug III and Stug IV did not have a bow MG.

-Airstrike option?
On the wish list, but the amount of coding for AI and flight path place it after a rewrite of the MP code.

-Tanks switch from AP to HE constantly while a target travles between trees or cover, looking at a town such as the first American campaign in normandy. This only happens when enemy troops are present for the HE to be used and a tank is running around. In the Normandy campaign you can be sitting outside of croix town at that's all you hear for 20 minutes is the loud shells changing constantly without a single shot being fired.
I may need to adjust the AI's target lost timer. wink be the tank commander and assign the main gun target.

-RRHAL.DLL sometimes errors out to windows in a mission, then returns to game with mission failed status.
If you have one you can recreate let me know. Those are bugs in the code.

#4084503 - 02/26/15 09:35 PM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
flightsimer90s Offline
flightsimer90s  Offline

Thanks for the feedback

How do I disable the joystick feature I have none and every time I try to change a key in game it says joystick is using that etc. Instead of alt-f1 being used for external view of tank I would just like to make it q. And I also don't know how to get the keypad arrows move turret back running again. Checked in folder but didn't see any key structure I recognized.

Also was there a fix to the flying tanks / invisible mountain bug? I think it is user graphics related maybe anti-aliasing but that's just a wild guess. If someone fixed it let me know.

Playing this with dgvoodoo glider wrapper program, works good.

Last edited by john84; 02/26/15 09:37 PM.
#4084666 - 02/27/15 03:57 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

PEx does not use Glide.

If the reconfigure keys is giving you trouble, you can edit the file manualy.

PE/data/layout.txt is your current key configuration. PE/data/layout1.txt is the default keys.
The default for the turret is
Quote:
UC_TURM_LEFT VK_NUMPAD4 FUNC_NO
UC_TURM_LEFT_SMALL VK_NUMPAD4 FUNC_CONTROL
UC_TURM_RIGHT VK_NUMPAD6 FUNC_NO
UC_TURM_RIGHT_SMALL VK_NUMPAD6 FUNC_CONTROL

That tank is floating. I started work on better terrain following routine and an early build of that work was accidently included.
I do not have a build of right before I started on this, so the easiest is to install the latest alpha of version 1.04 of the game engine.

While PP2-x is active, unzip into your PE folder.
http://home.comcast.net/~ab707/pex/beta/test14.zip

The floating tanks are fixed, but there is some vertical spiking. You will also notice the tank may start the scenario sunken into the road. Starting at the wrong elevation is fixed for the next test, but the vertical spikes are ticking me off.

The thread for this development is in the forum members section
http://pedg.yuku.com/topic/2318/Test-code-for-104-alpha

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4084737 - 02/27/15 06:47 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
PE needs a spiritual successor. I would give my right leg for a modern up to date Tunisia campaign like good ole PE had.

#4085275 - 02/28/15 02:43 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
flightsimer90s Offline
flightsimer90s  Offline

Great help thankyou. The keyboard controls got me back to normal again.

The rrhal.dll error happened to me when I was hit by a shell the 2nd time heard a couple guys yell and exited to desktop then back to game with mission failed status and all the other tanks in command were stuarts. Also heard the engine wine up and die down again. Doubt that is the reason but if it helps you in future adjustments any Or possible tank explosion problem?

EDIT I CAN CONFIRM THIS IS EITHER SHELL OR TANK EXPLOSION PROBLEM.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: gameProject.exe
Application Version: 1.0.17.5
Application Timestamp: 52f3d16b
Fault Module Name: RRHAL.DLL
Fault Module Version: 1.0.17.5
Fault Module Timestamp: 5453cfca
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006472c

As for the flying tanks In the africa campaign, they landed gently like a plane and continued on their AI path. Maybe it is just a pathing problem from original game engine. Because there were more tanks on that same road when it happened.

I haven't finished the african campaign but will report back

cheers

Last edited by john84; 02/28/15 03:21 AM.
#4085302 - 02/28/15 04:27 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Windows offsets and memory location error report does not help me much and none of us have ever added custom exception codes to the source.

What helps me most is answering the questions:
What scenerio are you playing?
At what point in the scenario are you?
What tank are you commanding?

If you give me a repeatable situation, I can play it in VS6.0's debugger and catch the exact crash.

You are not seeing the original PE floating tanks bug. I guess it is possible if the fog rendering of your video card does not match the overlaps programmed, but the floating tanks I have verified through test 12 are not that bug.

The flying tanks are a result of PE's physics programing, it does not use a 3rd party library. Movement of the 3D object has a dampner, but the original programers left it at the same value for all. The actual bug is that every other frame, a 'grid' edge can give you two different elevations. You can see this bug in PE 1.2 when a suspension wheel bounces. PEx originaly cured this by stopping vertical wheel movement if there was no movement. I started working on making the tanks 'feel' heavy after we got the custom sounds working for individual tanks and Daskel released his mod for sounds. I neglected to save that build and it seems Slomo also did when I sent him a test build of that work.

TPA who TWI
#4085305 - 02/28/15 04:35 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Joke I just thought of.

How many PE modders does it take change the oil on a bus?

More then Al has thrown under.

TPA who TWI
#4085328 - 02/28/15 06:04 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
flightsimer90s Offline
flightsimer90s  Offline

Figured out the error rrhal.dll error is not from tank explosion or shell but not being able to switch to a player playable tank, I crashed in the water to try it out with an only sherman and sure enough game crashed to windows with the error and mission failed.

Usually when you get destroyed you switch to a new tank but instead that happens and it the box doesn;t pop up with the options of continue .. quite lost scenario etc..

What helps me most is answering the questions:
What scenerio are you playing? - Africa campaign allied US side
At what point in the scenario are you? - As soon as I lose the tank.
What tank are you commanding? - Lone Sherman with all non player playable stuarts and one bt-7

Last edited by john84; 02/28/15 06:10 AM.
#4085483 - 02/28/15 05:40 PM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

hmm, ctl-Q is self destruct. I just tried that and it jumped me to the next playable tank.

Quote:
Lone Sherman with all non player playable stuarts and one bt-7

OK, I'll check that tonight.

TPA who TWI
#4085639 - 03/01/15 12:23 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
flightsimer90s Offline
flightsimer90s  Offline

GREAT MOD!

I beat the African Campaign. Last mission your up against about 25-30 tanks, consisted of me telling where my 2 wingmen to go to win game since my tank was out of action.

-map narrator guy is quit confusing..

The only other problem that I saw was that a russian tank was being used to replace the stuart that was lost in the campaign. So I just have a guy standing with no tank in Italy now computer replaces it with bt-5 or 7 is this right? Shouldn't it not use a tank if I have destroyed them? Or is there a way to get a US one back for the tankless commander via forcepool?

EDIT never mind clicked ADC guy to exchange it for US one.

Since I already beat italy I'm sure my normandy will be as awesome as these were.

It's neat how the game saves your crews status throughout all the campaigns and not just one. You can have your crew follow you through all theaters improving skills and receiving medals if you are careful enough.

Last edited by john84; 03/01/15 12:53 AM.
#4085705 - 03/01/15 04:54 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

That is a weard error.
When your tank is killed and the game engine tries to load the BT7 cockpits it ends up within a programming loop it should never enter. It then tries to fill the infantry sprites memory location with new info. After the memory array is filled, BAM..crash..

wink note the palNo.

TPA who TWI
#4086360 - 03/02/15 05:15 PM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
flightsimer90s Offline
flightsimer90s  Offline

Weird, but still a super damn good ww2 tank mod! and that's the only problem I really have which is rare if that.

Last edited by john84; 03/02/15 05:16 PM.
#4087854 - 03/05/15 04:13 AM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
flightsimer90s Offline
flightsimer90s  Offline

Some videos

German tanks try to hold a French village from shermans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAuFlT93H3w

M4 Shermans in Sicily, advance cautiously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0AjExnouhA

Last edited by john84; 03/05/15 04:15 AM.
#4088263 - 03/05/15 11:33 PM Re: WW2 Sim? Panzer Elite with PP2-X 1.1 [Re: Daskal]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Really nice!

Watching these videos made me realise, that one of the biggest issues I have with this game is the complete absence of any camera (mouse) movement smoothing.
I don't care about low res textures or scenery, I started playing 30 years ago, but the constant horizon and view jumping is disturbing at least. I don't mind if the tank is jolting (I hope this is the right word) but the camera shouldn't be bolted to it.
This is also true for both binocular and other optic views, there movement is really crude.
Once again, I don't mind the tank movement, but the viewpoint should be independent a bit ( like in this video, notice that the horizon is not moving at all , only the tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLwGU9or4uo )

Not crying, but if this part can be developed, it would improve the experience a lot, with relatively small ammount of work. (Just guessing, being a programmer myself, in some cases it can be completely impossible too, depending on the way developers implemented it...:) )

Thanks again for keeping this sim alive!

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.