Hop To
#4087716 - 03/04/15 09:30 PM A Little Rookie Help  
CAVCPT Offline
MAJ, IN, USA
CAVCPT  Offline
MAJ, IN, USA

LOUISIANA, USA
Okay Gents,

As a real-world Army tanker, I am taking a break from flying sims and giving this War Thunder armor addition a fighting chance. Fun and graphics wise I've been impressed with my few games so far so long as I only do Realistic or Simulator Battles. Little turned off by the 20 min wait for a Simulator battle. Almost every time, the wife announces dinner is ready just as soon as a game finally starts.

But I need help. Pointers. A nice clear course of action.

Should I spend money? Focus on just one country's order of battle. Research one type at a time? Develop one tank fully before moving on to another? Build an experienced crew?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a ton of free time thanks to the whole world deciding to hate one another these days, but this game looks like it has some great potential.

Thanks, in advance.

Stephen

Stephen Luebbert
MAJ, AR
United States Army

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4087821 - 03/05/15 02:20 AM Re: A Little Rookie Help [Re: CAVCPT]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Hey dude, first of, appreciate chaps like yourself putting your life and life style out there for us civvies back here shining our butts on pc chairs at work, i'm an Aussie , we are all on the same team thumbsup

Now for the real stuff wink

I went one country initially because i knew i wanted that Tiger first and foremost. I then changed and for every Gemran tank i researched i would swapout and do a Russian one, this was pre American line up. It's nice being able to swap between allies/axis as all the tanks have their strengths and weaknessess, i am saying this to a tanker lol..somebody slap me biggrin

Spading/maxing your tank out needs to be done to use the tank to it's full potential in so far as parts/fpe/different rounds at the very least. High tier spading can take a while.. a damn long while. I work on a mod at a time on the high tiers and then swap tanks so i can mix it up.

Sim battles, look for the Events option, you will get into a sim event withing a couple of minutes at most. Peak US times you it will be battle after battle with hardly any wait. RB Events are ok as well as there is no enemy icons anymore and the lineups between both events can differ a little bit.

Crews, work them up to Expert, Vitality, loading speed, targeting, commander skills first. After expert is pay to ace them. The crew slot you work the most on is the one you always put your main tank in depending on what matches you are going into so every tank from that nation benefits with that crew, then it is just a matter of experting that crew in the different tanks. I aced my Tiger H1 crew, those bad boys are my old dog veterans, and i try really hard to keep them alive come hell or high water.

Premium is the best value for money, a week is only 6 dollars or so but i guess it depends on your gaming time. A talisman on the tank you intend to use for a while is also a nice way to cream in the research points. Tiger/Panther/M4A2 76/Jumbo/T34 57/PZIV70..somewhere around that range as they are all capable of amassing a large amount of kills even when being uptiered. Depends which tank you gel with and are planning on using a lot.

Nice to see you here dude, enjoy smile

eDIT- I am Hetstaine in game and always play US servers so if you see me give me a shout out !

Last edited by Ajay; 03/05/15 02:27 AM.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.