Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
#4082500 - 02/23/15 10:51 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

LOLOLOLOL. Awesome as usual.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4082863 - 02/23/15 11:31 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

World is still spinning.
But so are the Germans, and they never seem to really lose steam.

This is the initial situation:

The improvement being worked on are a lot, fifteen. This is the top of the list- those closer to completion.

I manage to play to see almost all of those due within the year complete.

The production queue is just as full, but this time I switched to more "War-Machine" needs.
I've noticed lots of air support being deployed against Switzerland- Interceptors is what I need.

Despite being Italian made- my advancements made them a powerful addition to my arsenal.
AAA Divisions are not going to hurt.

At the bottom of the queue, but not less important, are infantry developments.

I still didn't order full mobilization- the cash I save is better employed elsewhere.
That said I still move most of my Air Power north.

Unlikely it's going to be needed elsewhere (those stationed in the Horn of Africa are still there, no worries!)

In Switzerland their advance slowly ground to an halt. You can see in the following screengrabs that in the month of war depicted the Germans only steal one more region and then brutally stops.
I guess those mountain are a bit more of an hindrance than predicted.
Plus partisan resistance is going probably to break a lot of spines.
I simply can't imagine Swiss people submitting nice and easy. smile

This said, situation in Switzerland is hard to get right because I have a partial view of some units fighting.
I see a very fast turnaround of German units and many bombing flights from French Armee de l'Air.

Obviously the Nazi Germany is feeling losses (hence the rotation of front-line divisions) but it has seemingly unlimited supply of divisions...

It can be noticed also that in France - more precisely on the Be-Ne-Lux/France border- the goosesteppers managed to invert the tide and motion, starting to regain control of the strategic moment.Several regions of Netherlands fall again under their shiny black boots, meanwhile managing to lose the possession of their last French foothold.
That wasn't earned by the French soldiers without a fight, but still France is now a nazi free nation.

~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to play longer but I noticed that with two fronts to check I need to keep the time acceleration to a minimum.
Not to mention the need to keep an eye on LOTS of windows to avoid Italy to just sit idle or, worse, waste resources.

To be honest I did miss the first steps of the Swiss invasion exactly because I was snipe-scoped on the Paris crisis...
More to come.

Last edited by komemiute; 02/23/15 11:47 PM.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4082872 - 02/23/15 11:58 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Well, the Germans tying them up with this needless (and probably totally unproductive) diversion in Switzerland - as terrible as it may be for the Swiss - is probably good for you and everybody else. Those mountains SHOULD make extremely well defensible terrain, delaying the Nazi war machine for quite some time. That setback in France should further delay Germany, and if there is one thing that Germany doesn't have, it's time.
So, all in all it sounds like good news, getting better every day that you manage to not getting drawn into this war.

#4082994 - 02/24/15 09:11 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline
Comrade_Hedgehog  Offline

The Sticks, England.
"Guido!"
"What is thy bidding? My Duce?"
"How is Giancarlo doing with his research?"
"He needs more men, My Duce."
"Fine, just throw money at it and make it go away."
"At once, Duce."
*Guido moves to leave*
"One moment, Guido."
*To his witless minions.* "Leave us."
"Guido, Sit down. How are you feeling? Are you settling into your new position? How is your assistant, what was him name? Alessandro?"
"Alessandro is good, his carbonara is excellant, far better than Luigi's"
"Ah Luigi, yes. *Duce gazes wistfully* "His food was vile, revolting. It still makes me shudder when I think of it. Where did we pack him off to? Me'kele was it?"
"Yes, Duce that was it, I hear he didn't last very long, one whiff of his Al'Arribiata and Me'kele rioted, you remember? We had to bomb them for 12 weeks straight."
"Ah, yes." *Duce Chuckles evililly* "That was funny."
"Alessandro aside, I've been so fustrated with my minions lately, they're all so incompetant."
"Well you could always telekinetically throttle one of them, make an example of those bunglers, it worked for me you know. Rrrrrrrrrule with an Iron fist!"
"Yes, Duce."
"You have to get the Dark side voice first, takes years of practice, anyway. Discussing more offical matters.
This invasion of Switzerland, I have forseen the German's pitiful little band being met by an entire legion. However, the minister of finance has decreed we can't afford it at the moment. So, in the meantime, I have decided to recall Air Commander Gamondi. Have him oversee the plans for bombing those goosestepping little s**ts into next week, and try not to throttle him, Guido. He's the most experienced pilot we have."
"At once, Duce."
"And Guido?"
"Yes, Duce?"
"Chin up. And remember to arbitraily throttle a minion every 3 months or so? Keeps them on their toes."
"Yes, Duce."
*Guido swishes from the room with a spring in his step.*

Its not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about.
But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4083033 - 02/24/15 11:12 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I feel positive that an eastern front is going to open eventually.

I'll ride hard the eegg-heads until then.
I'm shifting the whole research and industry platform for total war.

I've been thinking about this a lot and it's the only thing that makes sense.
Whatever economical growth I can try and push now is simply not going to be worth the effort.

We will see what happens...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4083091 - 02/24/15 01:01 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

I notice that you don't invest leadership points into officers and have them currently at 100%. You can go as high as 140% in that rating and that is supposed to improve unit organization and morale (this HOI3 wiki entry talks about 200%, but also mentions that a later patch limits it to 140%).

With respect to the german (lack of) progress, in the Alps they may already face winter conditions - seeing that they field regular infantry instead of specialized mountain brigades/divisions, that's stacking odds considerably against them; not to forget that they also face french divisions (better than swiss?!) on the defence.

On the northern front it would be interesting to see how many british divisions are already in the field (if any at all; and maybe even american divisions as well?).
Historically, when hostilities started, "by May 1940 the BEF order of battle consisted of 10 infantry divisions in three corps (I, II, and III), 1st Army Tank Brigade, the BEF Air Component RAF detachment of about 500 aircraft and the Advanced Air Striking Force (AASF) long-range RAF force", +HQ, >300k men (a number from March '40): WW2 BEF. Taking that 300k in March, that's 6 months after the war started in Poland. Evacuating most of them was much quicker (but probably less orderly) wink

#4083119 - 02/24/15 01:40 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Yes, during the evacuation there wasn't much regard for supplies and equipment. That saves a lot of time.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4084575 - 02/27/15 12:51 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Great events! :O

Tomorrow!

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4085189 - 02/27/15 11:47 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Where to begin- let's just say good stuff happened... Enough with the teasing.

From the previous post we know that Germany has one front- extended but a single one nevertheless.

I need to improve this- worsen by any means.
*smirk*

I know how to do that!
While my attendee Gian Galeazzo may think otherwise I think no evil of these countries.

I allow Swiss and Britons to step, fly, crawl and slither all over the Italia soil in an effort of relieving the pressure that's pushing down on France and Switzerland.

This is more or less how it looks-

After the surprise of the Swiss invasion I finally remember to move some more troops around as to provide some -any, sort of shield.

All the while I keep on researching advancements...

Top of the "soon" list- incoming "Bag'o Tricks"!

and pump up military production.
And the first batch of Multirole fighters is ready.

And fast deployed.

And then this single glorious thing happens

Do you see it?
Switzerland is no soft mouthful of holed cheese. It a tough bone to grind.

Don't you agree?

Yup, very very much so.

It makes me really ecstatic and pumped up to see any nation resisting the Nazi War Machine. I really really hope this keeps up.
Certainly the "Dark Side" does not stand still-

And start calling different units and shuffling them. A symptom.

Allowing the Britons to reach my nation must have been a long awaited move as soon British heavy bombers starts pouring in and raining down bad news on squared helmets!

Germans respond with fighter planes- interceptors if I'm not much mistaken. Uhm...

Another good measure of the complexity of this game is the amount of other nations that after me decided to follow suite and act Embargoes on Japan.
The full list...

Some more forces are pulled away- too bad I can't tell them apart... Would have been cool to notice if it's the new ones being beaten or those who were replaced by fresh ones.

The final overview before turning to bed.

I want to stress this- while it seems little all these rapidly happenings are really time consuming.
This is all too close to my borders to just skip it all at fast speed.
I need to consider everything to ensure that I re act properly to everything that could (and will) go wrong! biggrin

Bear on with me.

Last edited by komemiute; 02/28/15 12:17 AM.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4085207 - 02/28/15 12:19 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Just notice how stuck they are in France.

*Giggle* A different Europe this- where French are not joked for the "retreat" thing.
neaner

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4085243 - 02/28/15 01:21 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
I suppose by now there is some grumbling in the German officers ranks: "Mein Gott, maybe we should have gotten rid of him before he got us in this mess? The French are fighting as desperately as in 1914! And how on earth did we get into war with Switzerland?"

#4085263 - 02/28/15 02:00 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
My copy came in today. Soon I will be making mitt das yellin und screamin und bombsgedroppen.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4085367 - 02/28/15 11:33 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: purolator]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: purolator
The French are fighting as desperately as in 1914! And how on earth did we get into war with Switzerland?"

Hehe. Ain't that so true!
smile
It looks pretty funny seen like that...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4086017 - 03/01/15 10:11 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: oldgrognard]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
Originally Posted By: oldgrognard
My copy came in today. Soon I will be making mitt das yellin und screamin und bombsgedroppen.

und cumgespurten?

duck

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4086087 - 03/02/15 12:19 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Only after successful bombsgedroppen. Failure of yellin und screamin und bombsgedroppen means there shall be no cumgespurten.

It is a powerful incentive.

#4086273 - 03/02/15 02:45 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
Have you joined the Allies yet, Komemiute?

smile

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4086292 - 03/02/15 03:16 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

No, otherwise he would see the full disposition of the allied forces.

#4086365 - 03/02/15 05:18 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I'll be posting more tonight. Bear on- kinda difficult times at home.
Nothing horrible- just parents life. wink

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4086589 - 03/03/15 12:42 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Sorry frown

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4086711 - 03/03/15 08:20 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
Originally Posted By: komemiute
I'll be posting more tonight. Bear on- kinda difficult times at home.
Nothing horrible- just parents life. wink

Huzzah!
The Duce waits with anticipation.

"Gooood! Gooood, Anak...I mean Guido! Kill him. Kill him now."
"I shouldn't...."
*Dark Side Voice*
"DO IT!"
*Helmut's head pops off 4' into the air*
"You did well. He was too slimey to be kept alive."

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.