Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4085846 - 03/01/15 03:59 PM Help!  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
I am totally lost. How do you get into the Tank part of WT?

I have tried all the nationalities since I heard you have to be German or Soviet. I have watched the youtubie vids. I just don't get it... Is it only in Simulator Mode?

I have a take crew raring to go. but I never see a tank battle icon come up. Even though the Research goes on.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4086140 - 03/02/15 03:09 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ

On the top left of the research tree click 'Army' smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4086172 - 03/02/15 06:17 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
I know how to research and pick a crew. Where do you find the Tank Missions?

#4086178 - 03/02/15 07:28 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Well if you have a fully crewed tank all you have to do is click right above the big red Play button, middle screen, the almost very top.
There's a line that says something like Arcade Airplane Battles, you click there ad you can pick battles set from two columns-

Left one is Airplanes and right one is Tanks.
Bottom to top these columns are broken up in Sim, Realistic and Arcade.

Pick the category you want to play in and then click on the big red PLAY button.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4086181 - 03/02/15 07:38 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
and while we are at it...

1. I have "reserve" vehicles for the tank sim battles but for some obscure reasons I only get 1 spawn. If I get killed that's it, out or "raus", as they say. I'll have to check but I think I have this problem with my medium and heavy tanks.
what am I missing ?
my wife told me not to get blown up, but she is a nitwit.

2. and what's up with increasing crew capabilities. There are slidders for the gunner / loader, driver and so on. Spent some gold thingy on those but somehow felt like an idiot later on.
I can't tell any difference...

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4086195 - 03/02/15 09:40 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

1- reserves vehicle is not what you think. They are available both in Ari Force and Tanks and they are vehicles gifted at the beginning so you can start playing with every nation.

In Sim event you do have one RE-spawn. Odd that it doesn't work like that...
Maybe reserves doesn't. But anyway you should be able to research your first true vehicle really fast and easy.
I must be honest I sometimes dwell in Arcade battles for the greater amount of kills :P
It does speed up quite a bit the research process...

2- That's a tricky one. I'd suggest you NOT to spend golden eagles until you have a perfect idea of what you want to use them for. Browse the official WT-Wiki and draw your conclusions.

To be honest even a fully skilled crew (beside requiring an ENORMOUS, GARGANTUAN amount of skill points) only give you a very slight edge. That's not to mean it's pointless but your personal skill is much much more important.
I noticed that you REALLY have to think about the role your vehicle cover before rushing forward a la Leroy Jenkins...

Too many times I was smoked in my assault SPG by an unseen enemy while I KNEW I just should have covered the flanks of the main armoured fist to shoot enemy from the side.

Whether my loader reload a third of a second faster is much less of an impact than me actually being in the position to fire.

To be brutally honest I have wasted all of my golden currency (eagles) in converting them into Experience points for my crew. Despite having well over 6000 Xp I couldn't fill ANY of the skill bar of my crew...

it is definitely something to consider. Much more important is to use Golden Eagles to Class the crew.

I'll explain: As you amass Xp crew levels you reach different tiers. I guess there are 2. Expert and Ace.
For my medium tanks the level to reach are 100 and 400.
To Class them from Novice to Expert only requires those free Silver Lions. But to Class them Ace you NEED Golden Eagles.

Don't be like me. Xp your crew without using Golden Eagles and save them for either Classing crews or... well just that.

I'm no Know-it-all, I just like this game. :P
If there's anything more- fire away!

My Handle is Komemiute, feel free to add me.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4086213 - 03/02/15 11:26 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
You can use all of your reserve tanks in arcade only as I understand it. It's not unusual for me to go through all 5 or 6 tanks I have before the round has ended if I go full on Leroy Jenkins!!!

I keep hold of my M2A4's and PZ.II C's because they are a hoot to drive,zooming around doing donuts etc biggrin

It would be great if someone on here could do a SimHQ beginners guide to War Thunder so newcomers don't feel lost at the start. Hell,I'm level 9 and still lost sigh

Last edited by Chucky; 03/02/15 11:29 AM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4086222 - 03/02/15 11:52 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I'm at level 8 and I still haven't got a scoobie on how it all works... My instincts tell me that its all crap, and they just want young or inexperienced players to spend money on buying the currency to make our vehicles perform better... or not, lol!

Last edited by Trooper117; 03/02/15 02:17 PM.
#4086602 - 03/03/15 12:54 AM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: Sluggish Controls
and while we are at it...

1. I have "reserve" vehicles for the tank sim battles but for some obscure reasons I only get 1 spawn. If I get killed that's it, out or "raus", as they say. I'll have to check but I think I have this problem with my medium and heavy tanks.
what am I missing ?
my wife told me not to get blown up, but she is a nitwit.

2. and what's up with increasing crew capabilities. There are slidders for the gunner / loader, driver and so on. Spent some gold thingy on those but somehow felt like an idiot later on.
I can't tell any difference...

Cheers,
Slug

Reserve is only for arcade so as a newbie you can get longer than ten seconds in a game smile

Stepping up to rb/sb for the double SL and RP that you would get in arcade and then plopping premium on top is the best way to use your eagles. Crew points accumulate every time you use that particular crew in whatever vehicle. Kills, match time and wins are what matters, i did ace my Tiger and it is at about 1100 crew points atm. Maxed out Loading, Targeting, Rangefinding, Vitality on all except Machine gunner/Radio Op, Field repair on all, Driving, Braking and Commander Leadership as it affects all of the other skills. I always put the main tank i am going to use in that slot as it has the most experienced crew. (+50 on some skills with ace)

From WT site-

Targeting, only makes a difference in simulator battles. Without it, first the gunner rotates the turret and only then it starts adjusting vertical aiming. In arcades battles, it makes no difference.

Repair skill: depends on the member:

Gunner Repair: Gun Barrel

Driver Repair: Tracks, Engine

Loader Repair: Cannon Breach

Driving Skill: less speed lost while braking, finding the 1st gear while starting to drive or turn from a standstill is faster.

Rangefinding: changes the Accuracy in Simulator and precision of the White/Green + in Arcade, in Simulator you will only realise this at about 800-1400 Meters depending on the Gun

I did a few tests with my partner in her low level crew Tiger and my turret time, reload, speed out of the blocks and braking is quicker than hers. Normally off the mark i will catch and pass other Tigers that are just ahead or from a standing start leave them behind. Not a lot, but enough to make a difference sometimes when desperately needed. Like running for the forest at the beginning of the battles or that 1 second difference when swinging your turret on an enemy when you have just both spotted each other and then the reload.

I would have liked to have done a vid with a stock Tiger and then again with my aced crew and actually timed the differences.

I always expert my crews as i move along and look in on them after every twenty or so matches and then pump them up with whatever crew points are earned.

I think everyone goes on an Eagle fest when they first get the game as it is all a bit confusing, i'm pretty sure i dumped mine into slots and some mods almost instantly, had no idea what was going on biggrin

At the end of it all it still comes down to player skill, my Tiger crew is probably more a placebo confidence boost than anything as every time i take it out i feel like i am heading out with my veteran crew in their beast, and i hate it when my Tiger dies and play her very patiently, generally ambush position on the flanks. Hardly ever take her to town or across wide open ground unless the situation absolutely calls for it. I prefer an alive Tiger at the end of the battle with a couple of kills than 7 kills and a dead one.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4086984 - 03/03/15 05:49 PM Re: Help! [Re: Falstar]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Thanks komemiute

All the videos I watched and stuff I read showed it by the Research button Thanks again

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.