Well, after all the recent bits and pieces to do with LB2, I decided that it was best that I re-installed the game so I could at least see things with my own eyes again.

I'm not saying that I'm going to get back into it, but I can test things out for myself again.

Tests and observations...

* The latest version of my fix allowed me to play the game 'out-of-the-box'. That is, with the Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode applied, in Software mode, and simply entering a mission. No Phoenix fix applied.
* I tested changing terrain and I get no problems with decompressing new terrain texture sets (yeah, that's where the red bars are).
* I quickly tested the two latest versions of the most popular glide wrappers. Even with all its improvements, dgVoodoo 2.42 still crashes the game to desktop upon 'entering mission'. Luckily, nGlide 1.03 is as good as older versions and still works with the game.

So there's just a quick few tests I did to try and get back up to speed a bit with things, and also see what happened when I tried to experience recent issues.