Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4074879 - 02/06/15 10:31 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK
i might get told off for this post but.

Unlocks be #%&*$#. As an Offliner, what I want is the robust historical campaign I was promised, Where I can pick a squadron and fly with my wingmen through a historical campaign. What happened to that?
I don't care about online servers or point scores or stupid #%&*$# thunderbird badges. I just want what was promised to me when I purchased the Game.

I apologise for the swearing but I've just about had enough. Next Gen IL2 my arse.
SD

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
#4074882 - 02/06/15 10:34 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
BC has just sorted him... good move.

I've just been perusing the threads over there. Relaxing with glass of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, and it's quite amusing stuff.
(the thread, not the Jack Daniels) Makes me wonder just what age groups are involved.
If we can't all behave like grown ups, what's the point? bottles

Last edited by Trooper117; 02/06/15 10:45 PM.
#4074884 - 02/06/15 10:42 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Originally Posted By: the soupdragon
i might get told off for this post but.

Unlocks be #%&*$#. As an Offliner, what I want is the robust historical campaign I was promised, Where I can pick a squadron and fly with my wingmen through a historical campaign. What happened to that?
I don't care about online servers or point scores or stupid #%&*$# thunderbird badges. I just want what was promised to me when I purchased the Game.

I apologise for the swearing but I've just about had enough. Next Gen IL2 my arse.
SD

With guys like Veteran66 making missions...it will come..we've got a parser of sorts all third party stuff...what concerns me....is will we be able to put up greater numbers of aircraft and have a stutter free environment with smarter AI and standalone commands that help create that unit kind of feeling. Right now....I feel alone out there, the AI commands are sparse..when they do work....and the feeling of being on the Eastern Front....just isn't there to the degree of any real sense of imminent freaking danger...It's like having one Game Warden in the county and knowing exactly where he is.....you just hunt all the other places....10 enemy planes...and 5 or so of them being bombers or attack aircraft....just doesn't put a chill in my bones....

#4074887 - 02/06/15 10:46 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
To bad BoS wasn't there in the 60`s, the US government wouldn't have to use LSD on its military personnel since BoS clearly makes people see things that isn't there.

#4074891 - 02/06/15 10:51 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: Trooper117]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Originally Posted By: Trooper117

I've just been perusing the threads over there. Relaxing with glass of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, and it's quite amusing stuff.
(the thread, not the Jack Daniels) Makes me wonder just what age groups are involved.

Yeah,the guys 12th post....gives a whole new meaning to the "Dirty Dozen". BC is taking him into the checking station right about now.

#4074892 - 02/06/15 10:56 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: JagerNeun]  
Sgigi Offline
Sgigi  Offline

Originally Posted By: JagdNeun

With guys like Veteran66 making missions...it will come..we've got a parser of sorts all third party stuff...what concerns me....is will we be able to put up greater numbers of aircraft and have a stutter free environment with smarter AI and standalone commands that help create that unit kind of feeling. Right now....I feel alone out there, the AI commands are sparse..when they do work....and the feeling of being on the Eastern Front....just isn't there to the degree of any real sense of imminent freaking danger...It's like having one Game Warden in the county and knowing exactly where he is.....you just hunt all the other places....10 enemy planes...and 5 or so of them being bombers or attack aircraft....just doesn't put a chill in my bones....

This is what concerns me.

If the same limits are present in bos as in rof, then I think we will never see large scale dogfights with lots of ground action.

The constant push back of the fmb makes me wonder if they know it and are trying to hold it back as long as possible to minimize the fallout.

#4074893 - 02/06/15 10:57 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Its early yet. The IL-2 user friendly FMB allowed the community to make missions, campaigns that were the life blood of the original IL-2 series, and that took time. A user friendly FME will the life blood of the BOS series. It remains to be seen if the BOS development can deliver.

Personally I think combat flight sims have become too complex for small development teams to deliver all the content required in a timely manor. I would like to see developers concentrate on delivering user friendly tools to the community to help flesh out a decent sim. I don't think its possible to do all this for free anymore. Personally I wouldn't have a problem seeing some type of split compensation for the developer/modder considering how complex, and time consuming decent content is.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4074894 - 02/06/15 10:57 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Had that been a post from a critic then it would simply disappear, but in this case the post remains in edited form so it can continue to give it's overall meaning.

#4074899 - 02/06/15 11:17 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: Chivas]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Its early yet. The IL-2 user friendly FMB allowed the community to make missions, campaigns that were the life blood of the original IL-2 series, and that took time. A user friendly FME will the life blood of the BOS series. It remains to be seen if the BOS development can deliver.

Personally I think combat flight sims have become too complex for small development teams to deliver all the content required in a timely manor. I would like to see developers concentrate on delivering user friendly tools to the community to help flesh out a decent sim. I don't think its possible to do all this for free anymore. Personally I wouldn't have a problem seeing some type of split compensation for the developer/modder considering how complex, and time consuming decent content is.

"I'm not interested in working with people who want to make payware missions. I'm interested in working with people who want to make apps to manage free mission content from users who want to make cool historical type missions. Similar to what pat did with PWCG. This is the only way the community will get the kind of extremely detailed campaigns and missions they want. The answer has to come from the community like it did with the original IL-2. Our mission technology can be used to make some great stuff as Pat did. And we did a payware Campaign with ROF. Been there and done that. Mixed results. Desastersoft people approached us in the beginning, but it was not a good match for a variety of reasons.

Jason"

To me it translate into: We are not interested, however talented people are, if it costs us anything.

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 02/06/15 11:17 PM.
#4074909 - 02/06/15 11:41 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: bongodriver]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA

TY... BTW... I like that Wild Turkey Honey.. wink

Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Had that been a post from a critic then it would simply disappear, but in this case the post remains in edited form so it can continue to give it's overall meaning.

No that is not it at all bongo. Perhaps that may have been the case a few months back that is not the case today.

I have just chosen to not hide/delete threads as in the past (it never was a good idea to do that as far as I was concerned.. which was why I rarely if ever did it but at the time I was not the only active mod on the English boards) and since of late I have been the primary active moderator on the BoS English board I can do what I think best without having others come behind me. There is no grand conspiracy... no plot to punish the evil critics and reward the overly emotional fans by letting their posts stay intact because boys will be boys.. It is as I said it was in another post.

That is all it is.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4074921 - 02/07/15 12:03 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: bongodriver]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: bongodriver

Two English speaking moderators read that thread after that post was made and one of them after I had reported it, in my opinion and experience of that forum I can't say that kind of post would have lasted as long if it had come from one of the BoS critics

Edited to change the word fan to critic

Last edited by Revvin; 02/07/15 08:58 AM.
#4074926 - 02/07/15 12:13 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
In regards to the unlock's it's good that they have finally given in and taken them away for gold members but it should really be for anyone who paid silver or gold, they have paid enough already dont try and lure them into buying extra planes just to unlock items that should be available to them already.

#4074930 - 02/07/15 12:22 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: Trooper117]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Some of the children were in their late 40s.

#4074931 - 02/07/15 12:25 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
I can't believe this is the "big" news. BFD. The campaign is still stupid, boring, and lifeless. Unlocks are the least of the problems.

What a waste.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4074950 - 02/07/15 01:10 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: Airdrop01]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
I can't believe this is the "big" news. BFD. The campaign is still stupid, boring, and lifeless. Unlocks are the least of the problems.

What a waste.

Agree

When we did not get what we thought we were going to get ---- next gen Il-2

And they did not deliver some of the things they said they would at release --- Good SP Campaign, FMB

And they keep kicking the can down the road on what really matters

It begins to look more and more like a they are stalling for time to fix the limitations of the sterile environment that is on display in the SP Campaign....or...it can't be fixed and this is just one long drawn out con to get more sales before everyone realizes that the DN engine will never support the activity required to remotely portray the battlefield they sold the game on.

The unlocks and presets are mindless and stupid....but the prospect of a perpetually sterile and limited environment is not something they can afford to admit without dealing a death blow to this title from all but the most blinkered fans.

Last edited by SkullBiscuit; 02/07/15 01:10 AM.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4074952 - 02/07/15 01:23 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
I am glad they are beginning to acquiesce to the wishes of their customers. That is the first positive indication I have seen from these devs since all this uproar began. I applaud them for finally taking an action to address the concerns of their customers.

I remain hopeful that one day I may be able to enjoy this game, but that hope is dwindling. I can only speak for myself, but what I want from the devs is a change that makes me want to put this back on my machine and give it another try. Taking away the unlocks is not that type of change.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4074964 - 02/07/15 01:41 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

I'm glad the unlocks are going away for some of us( sucks for the rest or those that have unlocked it all).I said it from the time the unlocks came out.."when the sales fall off we will see the unlocks go away". Told you so biggrin
What the Dev's should have said in the update...
Dear pilots,
We are aware that the unlocks were not popular or a good decision on our part. We have removed them and are now going to focus on the single player campaign, adding more slots to the MP servers to 64, and returning the graphic settings to you to tailor it to your PC so you may run this game as best as your PC can.
Honest and to the point would win them back a few customers I think.

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#4074969 - 02/07/15 01:53 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

I think it is a good first step, but that is all it is - a first step.
It still needs a much better campaign system, and I find it hard to believe they can't just go in and tweak the one that they have.

I will probably finally update the game and go in and play the campaign a little, but I know like the QMB, I will likely bore of that quickly. I have done and continue to do, too much great SP flying in both TF Cliffs and IL-2 1946.

It is a long way from being a true successor to the IL-2 Series.
If they would work on that dang campaign for the single players, and get rid of the graphics presets, it would be a good start. But as alluded to by others, can the DN engine really handle what it truly needs...

Time will tell I guess.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4074979 - 02/07/15 02:17 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

Yeah Don, good first step. I hate single player stuff, I got as far as unlocking the lagg, IL2, some of the JU-87 and some of the 111 and I stopped. Level 5 pilot and I just couldn't take it anymore. Groundhog day got to me so I went back to MP in TFCliffs and a little '46 with my buddies.

Now that we got rid of the unlocks maybe we can have our presets back too! Only sales will tell. biggrin

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#4075079 - 02/07/15 09:52 AM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

I have been away due to work , But this is Very Good news for me !
It gives me some hope for the future of this game and I look forward to seeing what can be created with the FME this spring.

Dez

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.