Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
#4070154 - 01/27/15 05:28 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. *** [Re: SharpeXB]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Originally Posted By: SharpeXB
Originally Posted By: JagdNeun
Then came the censorship, the alienation, the deleted posts, the hidden folders......the banning,

It is possible to make suggestions and post oppinions without resorting to insults directed at the Dev team, trolling, hijacking, fighting with other members. Etc. That's the stuff that gets people banned, there and on any forum.

There are some trolls...they are out there, no doubt about it...But hey...don't ban cutting utensils because some nut kills someone with a knife. It's absolutely ridiculous to sidestep the theme of what I'm trying to say here. There were plenty of good intentions on the BOS Forum....guys who got pushed out, because they weren't team players... Respect is a two way street.

Listen...if people want to preach moderation, self-control, not posting the same point over and over again...etc...then that's great. But that should be their demeanor wherever they post....over there, or over here...anything short of that....is just hypocrisy, a point that is routinely pointed out here, in the free land of forums....

For Jason to use the F-word, or the Lord's name in vain, which are insults, even if he views it, tit for tat, that doesn't make it right. Moderators who are not in their moderator status, or Devs that are not in their 1C/777 status still have an obligation in my view, to set the standards that they purport to enforce on their forum. Now I know..they don't agree with me on that...and that's okay too. That's their right. But you can't preach to someone the dangers of smoking...with a lit cigarette in your hand, and expect to get any respect in that area. Unless you're a walking example of what not to do...

#4070155 - 01/27/15 05:32 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

[quote=JagdNeun] It is possible to make suggestions and post oppinions without resorting to insults directed at the Dev team, trolling, hijacking, fighting with other members. Etc. That's the stuff that gets people banned, there and on any forum.

There was a new thread started this morning there that got deleted, and it had none of the above that you described.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4070156 - 01/27/15 05:33 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Speyer]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Speyer
Bongo weren't you getting hounded by a mod there?

BOS forum? yes.

#4070157 - 01/27/15 05:36 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Then came the censorship, the alienation, the deleted posts, the hidden folders......the banning,

It is possible to make suggestions and post oppinions without resorting to insults directed at the Dev team, trolling, hijacking, fighting with other members. Etc. That's the stuff that gets people banned, there and on any forum.

Sorry but that don't fly. That forum is very heavily moderated with posts/threads that get deleted/hidden, that do not fit into what you have stated.

Now it is their forum, their house, they have every right to do as they wish.
But they are very cautious about posts that are getting posted there these days, probably for good reason...

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4070162 - 01/27/15 05:50 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: JagerNeun]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
For Jason to use the F-word, or the Lord's name in vain, which are insults, even if he views it, tit for tat, that doesn't make it right. Moderators who are not in their moderator status, or Devs that are not in their 1C/777 status still have an obligation in my view, to set the standards that they purport to enforce on their forum. Now I know..they don't agree with me on that...and that's okay too. That's their right. No problem.

Its that kind of behaviour that would see someone banned over there without a doubt, I got banned for saying a then ardent supporters use of a smiley was "silly". The BoS forum is one of the only forums I know where users routinely take screenshots of posts just to prove they existed because of how often threads and posts are deleted.

#4070194 - 01/27/15 07:14 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: JagerNeun]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
It's absolutely ridiculous to sidestep the theme of what I'm trying to say here. There were plenty of good intentions on the BOS Forum....guys who got pushed out, because they weren't team players... Respect is a two way street.

Yes Sharpe dear boy. Why is it you show a consistent disconnect to the conversation?

#4070217 - 01/27/15 08:03 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England

You have no idea. You weren't even in their employ until after the mood changed.

Unless you have proof that he is/was employed by them, do not do this.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 01/27/15 09:29 PM. Reason: Moderation
#4070226 - 01/27/15 08:24 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Just seen they've gone back and deleted just about every post for a week in the developers thread.

I really want to love and promote this game. The graphics are beautiful and it has a lot of potential.

But the attitude of the developers is just repulsive.

And that could be the decider for me.

Stuff 'em.

#4070670 - 01/28/15 05:29 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

#4070699 - 01/28/15 06:11 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Extreme_One]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Quote:

Isn't he? I haven't seen him deny it.

My spider sense does seem to tingle whenever he posts. Might need recalibrating though...

Last edited by Extreme_One; 01/28/15 06:12 PM.
#4070766 - 01/28/15 07:25 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Extreme_One]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Quote:

My spider sense does seem to tingle whenever he posts. Might need recalibrating though...

when asked not to make unfounded allegations you reply inferring exactly what you were asked not to do? little wonder you fell foul of the moderation on a corporate owned board LoL winkngrin

Cheers Dakpilot

#4070771 - 01/28/15 07:27 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sgigi Offline
Sgigi  Offline

Well I haven't seen dakpilot post in a while.

#4070797 - 01/28/15 08:05 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Extreme_One]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Quote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not employed by any game developer nor do I have any association with them.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4070827 - 01/28/15 08:48 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Dakpilot]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Quote:

when asked not to make unfounded allegations you reply inferring exactly what you were asked not to do? little wonder you fell foul of the moderation on a corporate owned board LoL winkngrin

Cheers Dakpilot

I know that humour isn't your thing, I've tried explaining it before but I forgot that I need to emote every little thing for you to get it.

lol yourself

Last edited by Extreme_One; 01/28/15 08:51 PM.
#4070829 - 01/28/15 08:50 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Quote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not employed by any game developer nor do I have any association with them.

WOW. OK.

I'd send them an invoice if I were you. I think you've earned it. wink

#4071985 - 01/31/15 04:12 AM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Sgigi]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

Originally Posted By: Sgigi
Well I haven't seen dakpilot post in a while.

Bahaha, I think SharpeXB is taking his place.

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#4071998 - 01/31/15 06:37 AM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia

~

"Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed."
http://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

awww, how cute... there's an attempt being made that BoS is DCS - however, there is a forgetfulness that some mods in the BoS forum were selected purely because of their narciness on the old UBI il2 forum.

whatever happened to Mantis?

keep on trying SharpeXB, the more you try to cement your position, the deeper you dig that hole for yourself - no surprises in your game account for you

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
#4072063 - 01/31/15 03:08 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Wolf_Rider]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf_Rider

~

"Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed."
http://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

awww, how cute... there's an attempt being made that BoS is DCS - however, there is a forgetfulness that some mods in the BoS forum were selected purely because of their narciness on the old UBI il2 forum.

keep on trying SharpeXB, the more you try to cement your position, the deeper you dig that hole for yourself - no surprises in your game account for you

I'm just pointing out that other games have similar policies on their forums.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4072077 - 01/31/15 03:49 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Much like the sims themselves, the BOS forum cannot be compared to the ED forums, or any others for that matter.
I have never seen as heavily a moderated forum as the BOS one, to the extent that it is.
But it is their house and they can run it as they see fit. Those that choose to participate learn that pretty quickly nowadays.

Don

#4072097 - 01/31/15 05:11 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: dburne]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Wolf_Rider

Since I am the only mod at BoS who was a mod at UBI.. that I can remember anyway.. once again I can only assume that this is yet another of your backhanded swipes at me..

Once again you are talking completely out of the side of your neck with no clue whatsoever as to what you are talking about. You have no idea how I became a mod at BoS or why.. so unless you are a mind reader who can span continents with his perceptive skills you really should stick to talking about things you know about as facts rather than things you only think you know and would like to pass off as fact..

... and by the way.. What is narciness?

Originally Posted By: dburne
Much like the sims themselves, the BOS forum cannot be compared to the ED forums, or any others for that matter. I have never seen as heavily a moderated forum as the BOS one, to the extent that it is.
But it is their house and they can run it as they see fit. Those that choose to participate learn that pretty quickly nowadays.

It's funny... my inbox is full of folks who think the moderation over there is pretty good.. particularly over the past almost two months.. In the past the BoS forum may have been a bit overmoderated.. but of late it is not and things are much more peaceful there and more like what a forum should be.

That of course is just my opinion based on what I see and what I have been told... You may see things differently.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.