Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4069427 - 01/26/15 09:46 AM Finally finished Splinter Cell Blacklist  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
JanesHQ
Unregistered

Well, just got through the campaign and all SP side missions. I was playing on perfectionist difficulty (highest one) and managed to get 100% Ghost on each and every mission. And it was really fun and challenging experience.

Hands down the best game from Ubisoft since proly Chaos Theory. And finally a proper Splinter Cell game with awsome maps, multiple routes and great stealth gameplay. If anyone missed that or was on the fence i higly recommend to fans of Sam Fisher. It also has very neat coop mode. Some technical issues were present (it's still Ubisoft so no surprise there) but all in all a worthy succesor to CT.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4069517 - 01/26/15 02:53 PM Re: Finally finished Splinter Cell Blacklist [Re: ]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I've only played it coop, not SP, so needless to say highest difficulty/100% Ghost was not even close to achievable. That said, I never enjoy highest difficulty anyway, I strongly dislike playing missions over and over and over to win or reloading it 100x to a given save to get it done.

If it's really hard to avoid detection at a certain point, screw it, let them detect me and I'll fight my way past! smile

CT is still my favorite SC game, though. I think this one ties with the original.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4069617 - 01/26/15 05:49 PM Re: Finally finished Splinter Cell Blacklist [Re: ]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
JanesHQ
Unregistered

Fortunately highest difficulty in BL does not mean cheating AI. It's really doable and not frustrating at all. In fact it's very satisfaying when you manage to bypass everyone and get the job done. And like I said you have multiple routes to choose from. For me it's the only way to play any SC games. Shooting mechanics are just meh for me:)

#4070079 - 01/27/15 02:27 PM Re: Finally finished Splinter Cell Blacklist [Re: ]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Yes, it's definitely a lesser game when the shooting starts, I just don't enjoy reloading or worse restarting when I'm 75% through and get spotted. smile It's always a case of getting as far as I can first. I also take out everyone...usually nonlethal but on occasion lethal if I get surprised or circumstances don't allow it...to minimize the chances of being spotted from behind by a guard I thought I was past. I know some people like the complete sneak, where you go through without taking out anyone, or almost no one, but that also feels unsatisfying.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.