Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4068432 - 01/23/15 09:28 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! *** [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Calling me a liar??? I NEVER LIE to my customers, EVER!! All of you calling me a liar are way, way, way, way off-base. Show me exactly where I have lied EVER to any of you??? 1C has never done ANYTHING to harm this community. Any issues you don't like are the fault of the team or direct management, not some evil 1C. If there was some conspiracy I would quit. 1C has been nothing but be supportive and level headed to us and put their money where their mouth is. Without 1C you have no original IL-2, no CLOD and no BOS. 1C did not screw up CLOD or pull the plug before suffering huge monetary losses and suffering empty promises by others. 1C did not break anything, they provided money to fix whatever was broken. You guys don't get it.

The personal insults on this board are beyond the pail. I have labored for many years now to give simmers enjoyment and something to look forward to with their favorite hobby and this is what I get? Being called a liar after all this time and all that I have fought hard to bring you. So, so, so God damn tired of it.

Jason

Jason , I Hold No ill will on someone having to say certain things due to legal agreements when it comes to business. That is your job , and career and financial lifeblood.

To me that is not true lying in the sense of personal moral integrity.

It is Just MIND BLOWING to understand how BOS is where it's at when you did ,in my opinion, such a Great job with ROF.

How can we go from the Amazing work on ROF and the constant road maps and information updates, scheduled dates and the listening to the consumer base,, to where BOS is right now ?

Please with all due respect think about that.

You can not expect those of us who have had respect for you as a producer and company head AND even as a fellow flight simulator genre fan,,, to not think something is up ! Because from where I'm sitting this is crazy what has been done to BOS.

That's a Very bitter pill for some of us to swallow Jason.

For the LOVE OF GOD,explain to me PLEASE !
How can you make a product that has the Most Standard and Expected flight sim features and then make one that goes against those BASIC flight sim Standards ????????????????????????????

You have to understand that there are a lot of us that supported BOS not because it was a Il2 brand product , But because you Jason were involved in BOS as the head producer.

I Know I firmly believed that despite all else (My Hatred for 1C and Yes I have Documented reasons),
I felt very safe giving you my founder money , because I respected your past work and the way that work was implemented in ROF over time.

Then the next thing I know with BOS,,,, the ability to play with custom settings is Screwed,, Unlocks for founders hammered on us. Limited Graphics settings !
Single player was turned into what I would consider a non historic mess !
Heck,, the last time, I was really paying attention to BOS information,,it was said that the FMB was to difficult to freely be give out. (I quit listening after that, and would just occasionally research certain things that were being said , because I couldn't believe this was going on with BOS.

It's all So Completely AGAINST the reputation and Work that you have Done in the past Jason.
What do you really expect us to think ?
Especially those of us that have respected you and the work of which you were previously involved in.

Those things mentioned above are why I can not for the life of me come up with any other explanation as to whats going on other then you telling half truths to support your company and 1C actions. Which is a Completely understandable practice based on legal agreements.

Jason on the Il2 forums You said that a Board makes up the choices for the direction of the game,,
Well then just say to us, lots of things like what you just mentioned Desode were board voted decisions and I was out voted.

If you don't want us to assume things then explain yourself on these issues, and use True Logical reasoning.
If something failed,, admit it, and tell us what you are going to try to do to fix it.

Instead we get comments from the company like , Unlocks are here to stay ,, Deal with it, there in every other game !

That Sir is BS and it's Not Listening to your consumer Base.
When polls are taken and the polls show that what you and your company are doing are NOT what people want in the poll ,, we should not have to hear people from your company say things like what Zak said .

I hope I have made it very clear to you Jason that it's just Insanely hard to imagine that you the "Producer" ,, given your previous work and love of the Flight Sim genre could have any Role or even half say in what has become this whole BOS MESS insanity.

These things do not add up in any way,,I say these things in this message not yelling but trying to understand in frustration.

Currently,, and especially the SP /unlock side of things in BOS do not seem like a game that you would be producing Jason.

I am personally,as a gaming flight combat simulator fan,,very Frustrated with understanding why you as producer are making BOS the way it is.
If this is going to change in the Future ,, even if it is say 2 years down the road ,, just let us know.

I write this with all do respect,, and I hope you realize that.

Sincerely Desode

PS, I WILL BE SENDING MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO YOUR CO WORKER AND I MEAN THAT WITH THE UTMOST TRUTH AND SINCERETY.

Last edited by Desode; 01/23/15 09:45 PM.

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4068437 - 01/23/15 09:38 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: KodiakJac]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Desode pretty well sums up exactly my feeling too.

I had great respect for the team behind BOS and believed they were going to deliver a great sim.

Then gradually, one by one things started going south.

Things that if they'd been explained fully in advance would have most flight sim fans running for the hills taking their founder money with them.

It's the fact that such obvious errors have meant the game is so poor at present and it's left many founders feeling they've been taken for fools.
That's what's such a bitter pill to swallow.

And the continuous cries of "it'll all be better when the FMB is released" don't really make up for the fact that the game is in such a poor state right now.

Still nobody from the development team has ever taken the time to explain why the decisions that have so badly divided this community were even considered in the first place.
It's just so hard to understand how a group of self-confessed flight sim fans could have released a game so hobbled by the unlocks and the boring campaign.

Its just so sad and should have been so avoidable.

Last edited by Extreme_One; 01/23/15 09:40 PM.
#4068444 - 01/23/15 09:50 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: KodiakJac]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

It was the information policy for BoS which created this climate of mistrust!
If someone would have explained, in a reasonable language, why those unloved decisions were made, the climate were much more positive.
Sorry to say, but you reap what you are sowing, If you don't trust your customers, why should they trust you???
I am really sorry for your sick co-worker, but even more sorry that he is used for an argument!

Last edited by robtek; 01/23/15 09:50 PM. Reason: typo
#4068451 - 01/23/15 10:11 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: robtek
It was the information policy for BoS which created this climate of mistrust!
If someone would have explained, in a reasonable language, why those unloved decisions were made, the climate were much more positive.
Sorry to say, but you reap what you are sowing, If you don't trust your customers, why should they trust you???
I am really sorry for your sick co-worker, but even more sorry that he is used for an argument!

This.

Even if the decisions were explained, it would not make BoS any better (sorry it sucks in its current state), but it would stop the speculating.

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Calling me a liar??? I NEVER LIE to my customers, EVER!! All of you calling me a liar are way, way, way, way off-base. Show me exactly where I have lied EVER to any of you??? 1C has never done ANYTHING to harm this community. Any issues you don't like are the fault of the team or direct management, not some evil 1C. If there was some conspiracy I would quit. 1C has been nothing but be supportive and level headed to us and put their money where their mouth is. Without 1C you have no original IL-2, no CLOD and no BOS. 1C did not screw up CLOD or pull the plug before suffering huge monetary losses and suffering empty promises by others. 1C did not break anything, they provided money to fix whatever was broken. You guys don't get it.

The personal insults on this board are beyond the pail. I have labored for many years now to give simmers enjoyment and something to look forward to with their favorite hobby and this is what I get? Being called a liar after all this time and all that I have fought hard to bring you. So, so, so God damn tired of it.

Jason

Also, saying a member is sick, does not mean diagnosed with MS. Sick could mean out of with a cold, or a stomach ache. You assume people are suppose to know it is more serious, then blow up on a member when he states his opinion. I have lost 2 young family members to MS, and raised money for years with the MS 150 here in Texas. If I say my family member is out sick, I DONT assume people to know the details.

Also, let me break something else down for you. You are right, without 1c we wouldnt have IL2, or CLOD....couldnt care less if BoS was not released at this point. BUT....without the COMMUNITY the original IL2 would not be as good, nor even played to this day. Without the COMMUNITY CLoD would be abandonware. Yeah, the same community 1c/777 seems to think are too dumb to set their own graphics settings. The same community 1c/777 think they can impress with a crappy campaign as long as they dangle XP points and pilot levels in front of them. Sorry man, but it seems that without the community IL246, and CLoD, would be nothing.

Maybe think about that next time you want to blame the community for the failures of BoS and man up stop being a crybaby over "mean posts". Was it not you that quit these forums when people spoke their mind? Was it not you that paid for moles to post on 3rd party forums? Now its you talking about how upstanding you are?

Think about it..

#4068456 - 01/23/15 10:29 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Extreme_One]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Still nobody from the development team has ever taken the time to explain why the decisions that have so badly divided this community were even considered in the first place.

I agree with everything you and Dez have said and IMO I think the real problem is that BoS was an experiment in reaching for casual gamers while trying to bring the simmers along, and the chasm was too great between the two styles.

The casual gamers are screaming that the FM's are too difficult and wondering why they have to buy a joystick. And the simmers can't find a simulation in this game.

I think we'll see an add-on or two from 1CGS to test the market for repeat business and then if it doesn't look good they'll have to ask themselves "Is BoS a sim or a game" because it obviously can't be both without a lot more development work. If 1CGS doesn't have the resources to make it both, then they're going to have to swing it one way or the other.

The argument of "we're all you've got" and "this is as good as it gets" isn't holding water with simmers who still have IL-2 1946, CloD, and CFS3/ETO as well as ED and A2A rattling their swords on new development.

I hope BoS moves towards simmers, but in any case, I think its gotta change in one direction or the other as 1CGS' position right now appears untenable.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4068470 - 01/23/15 11:01 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: lokitexas]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Originally Posted By: lokitexas

Also, saying a member is sick, does not mean diagnosed with MS. Sick could mean out of with a cold, or a stomach ache. You assume people are suppose to know it is more serious, then blow up on a member when he states his opinion. I have lost 2 young family members to MS, and raised money for years with the MS 150 here in Texas. If I say my family member is out sick, I DONT assume people to know the details.

IT was never said that the person was sick, it was said he was suffering from a serious illness clearly stated in the post bongo replied to.

Fact

Cheers Dakpilot

#4068480 - 01/23/15 11:23 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Dakpilot]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

IT was never said that the person was sick, it was said he was suffering from a serious illness clearly stated in the post bongo replied to.

Fact

Cheers Dakpilot

Coming from a company who has the reputation shady tactics.

Fact

#4068486 - 01/23/15 11:30 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: lokitexas]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Also, let me break something else down for you. You are right, without 1c we wouldnt have IL2, or CLOD....couldnt care less if BoS was not released at this point. BUT....without the COMMUNITY the original IL2 would not be as good, nor even played to this day. Without the COMMUNITY CLoD would be abandonware. Yeah, the same community 1c/777 seems to think are too dumb to set their own graphics settings. The same community 1c/777 think they can impress with a crappy campaign as long as they dangle XP points and pilot levels in front of them. Sorry man, but it seems that without the community IL246, and CLoD, would be nothing.

Excellent points!
The only impression I get now from 1CGS, is they don't care that much about the true flight sim community. They loved them when Early Access was announced and made available, lot of money went into the coffers from this same flight sim community they now seem to be so appalled by...

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4068630 - 01/24/15 10:32 AM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Dakpilot]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

Fact

Cheers Dakpilot

another fact... you owe me a link

yet another... sick is also serious illness (no "surprises" for you, in your game account smile )

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
#4068637 - 01/24/15 10:53 AM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: KodiakJac]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia
Sorry Jason - without Oleg Maddox, there would have been no......

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
#4069552 - 01/26/15 03:38 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: KodiakJac]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I stand corrected, he is adamant that every poor decision that we can't figure out one good reason for having been made was his.

Ok, so Jason is stating he would prefer we call him stupid for making decisions that no one wanted, no one thought was smart, and don't want to have to deal with than to say he lied when he said he made all these decisions.

Fine. You're not a liar. You're just going to take everything you learned on ROF and throw it out the door to make BoS into something we didn't want. Does that sound like a smart move? No? We didn't think so either. But hey, don't change it! I mean, you MADE those decisions before development started, and despite all the evidence to prove you are WRONG, you are going to stick by them. Because you're not a liar! You're just someone who refuses to change their mind when proven how wrong they are, even if admitting a mistake might gain you some goodwill. I used to think you were intelligent and knew what simmers wanted. You have also proven me wrong about that. I freely admit I was wrong on both counts.

You're railing against the liar name without actually telling us what you think is so damned awesome about unlocks and those other decisions that at BEST people are resigned to and deal with under protest and at worst have stopped playing as a result, not ONE person thinks BoS is BETTER because of them. It doesn't matter if it was "evil suits" at 1C, or if it was you and 3 other guys who made the decision, but I thought you were at least one person who voted AGAINST this path and was overruled, whatever the identity of the non-Jasons in control were, even if it was just you, Loft, and Zak. I'm very sad to learn that you actually think this was a good way to make a next generation flight sim after ROF.

"I made those decisions! I didn't lie!"
"Why?"
*crickets*

There had to be reasons better than "we decided at the beginning", apparently on a roll of the dice, to make a hybrid of the original Il-2 and War Thunder game models. If you thought it would get more customers than sticking with ROF's style, congrats on being wrong on that too, non-liar! You could've just made something truly like WT and then people would just moan that you didn't make another Il-2 without wasting their time buying it.

I liked you better when I thought you were lying to CYA (because its understandable) than to think that you consciously decided to foist this design on customers who didn't want it and then refuse to back down, because apparently the only thing worse than being called a liar is to be wrong. Well, you may not be a liar, but good lord are you WRONG.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4069955 - 01/27/15 03:50 AM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: KodiakJac]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Now they look at CS players??? smile

Quote:
Quote:
Q - Since the multiplayer simulator will always be half dead we do not have anyone in the team who would be engaged in just that.

Do all think?
It seemed to me that the old man (Il-2) just because of the multiplayer and lived and lives.
It Is A Pity.

A - Loft - Peak multiplayer old gentleman(Il-2) was 3-4 thousands of players is very small.
Even if we imagine that much again play on a local network.
Often players do not play sims in other games and therefore see no difference where multiplayer really popular.
In BOB now about 200 people in general in the network plays in DCS even less in Vartander im simulator mode multiplayer empty, we have not a lot.
Ie in all these different games completely empty and there re a hardcore joystick.
Just you have grown as a player during IL-2 and you think that it was something.
In Ragnarok online at the same time played hundreds of thousands and millions in World War II.
But it seemed to us that thousands of 3+ in Il-2 this is mega cool and success.
Any game development is completed only lives through multiplayer, there are always fans.
Singleplayers come and go, multiplayer remain.
And now there are not a few people who play CS 1.6 and it only considers normal and the rest is #%&*$#.

#4069996 - 01/27/15 06:27 AM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Sokol1]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Sokol1

Quote:
Quote:
Q - Since the multiplayer simulator will always be half dead we do not have anyone in the team who would be engaged in just that.

Do all think?
It seemed to me that the old man (Il-2) just because of the multiplayer and lived and lives.
It Is A Pity.

A - Loft - Peak multiplayer old gentleman(Il-2) was 3-4 thousands of players is very small.
Often players do not play sims in other games and therefore see no difference where multiplayer really popular.
In BOB now about 200 people in general in the network plays in DCS even less in Vartander im simulator mode multiplayer empty, we have not a lot.
Ie in all these different games completely empty and there re a hardcore joystick.
Just you have grown as a player during IL-2 and you think that it was something.
In Ragnarok online at the same time played hundreds of thousands and millions in World War II.
Any game development is completed only lives through multiplayer, there are always fans.
And now there are not a few people who play CS 1.6 and it only considers normal and the rest is #%&*$#.

Loft appears to be a dog with a bone who wants a bigger bone. He frequently mentions games like Doom and Call of Duty. Combat Flight Sims have never come close to the sales numbers of games like Doom. He needs to get into another genre and let the smaller companies step in and fill the gap (although his competition will be much tougher). Maybe 1C Company has gotten too big for combat flight sims. Games are just like the movie business, in that there are big budget movies going for blockbuster revenue (although they don't always succeed), and there are smaller budget films. And both business models are profitable for good film makers. The same holds true for game producers...always has, always will.

Loft can talk the talk, but BoS ain't walking the walk.

#4069999 - 01/27/15 06:48 AM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Sokol1]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA

A - Loft -

And this is why the single player content in BoS sucks. I wish I had said it first, but I can't take credit for it:

"BoS...from the minds of multi-players."

I'm afraid the future is not bright with Loft leading the development of single player content for BoS.

#%&*$#!

I just put that in there to be as tough minded and foul as Jason and Loft.

#4070005 - 01/27/15 07:42 AM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Sokol1]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom

So we can look forward to not only having to unlock weapons but buy them with in game money when each round starts? wacky

#4070116 - 01/27/15 04:19 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: KodiakJac]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Quote:
WTF is this fixation you guys have with me and what I do?

Well it wouldn't hurt to stop wearing those tight blue jeans and short skirts. I know, I know, a guy should be able to wear whatever he wants where he wants, but you're going to attract attention like that.

Personally I thought the pink sequins tube top was a bit garish for my tastes, but if it makes you happy...

Click to reveal..

No, I don't think you're a cross dresser; I just thought it would be funny to give some Dutch Uncle advice to someone being stalked.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4070128 - 01/27/15 04:44 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Dart]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: Dart
Quote:

Well it wouldn't hurt to stop wearing those tight blue jeans and short skirts. I know, I know, a guy should be able to wear whatever he wants where he wants, but you're going to attract attention like that.

[/spoiler]

thumbsup

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4070152 - 01/27/15 05:23 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Sokol1]  
Sgigi Offline
Sgigi  Offline

Quote:
Quote:

Do all think?
It Is A Pity.

200 people in general?

I've been checking online.il2forever.com on a regular basis, sometimes hourly, the past few weeks. I have never seen the game hit 200 players. The most it does is a bit over 100 in mp. More typically its around 30-80. Currently it is at 42 and almost primetime in europe.

#4070158 - 01/27/15 05:40 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Dart]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: Dart
Quote:

Personally I thought the pink sequins tube top was a bit garish for my tastes, but if it makes you happy...

Click to reveal..

No, I don't think you're a cross dresser; I just thought it would be funny to give some Dutch Uncle advice to someone being stalked.

nope

Let's not make a habit of this, folks. Perhaps he shouldn't have asked the question, thus opening that door... but making that stuff up, (even for humor) is just kind of spreading gasoline around.

#4070159 - 01/27/15 05:43 PM Re: It's a GAME, not a SIM! [Re: Sgigi]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sgigi

200 people in general?

I've been checking online.il2forever.com on a regular basis, sometimes hourly, the past few weeks. I have never seen the game hit 200 players. The most it does is a bit over 100 in mp. More typically its around 30-80. Currently it is at 42 and almost primetime in europe.

They do know how to put the spin on things...

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.