Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4068569 - 01/24/15 03:22 AM KSP 1.0's details (release date: April 27th)  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
KSP Blog

Quote:
As development in Beta has progressed, one thing has become very apparent, Kerbal Space Program is about to reach a state in which every single one of the original goals for the game has been reached, and we can say that our original design document has been fulfilled.

Because of this, the next update will be our 1.0 release, and with it we will be leaving Early Access. This is a landmark moment for us at Squad, as after over four years of development, we feel that KSP is finally ready to be viewed by all as a complete game. However, this is not the end by any means.

What does 1.0 mean for everyone then? Most noticeably, it means KSP will be leaving the Early Access program. And while this does mean we are ready to call KSP a complete game after the next release, it does not mean development itself is complete. Far from it, in fact.

We see no better way to follow up on reaching our initial goals than to continue development on Kerbal Space Program, beyond Beta, past our original plans. This means that after 1.0 is out, we will continue on with free updates 1.1, 1.2, and so on.

This has only been made possible by the astounding, incredible support we have gotten from you all. Consider everything that will come after 1.0 as our way of saying thank you, for believing in our crazy little rocket-launching game, for supporting us through four incredible years, for sticking with us all the way here, and in advance already for staying around for 1.0 and beyond.

So lets talk about the nearby future then, here’s what we plan to have on update 1.0.

* New Drag Model:
We’ve redesigned the way drag is calculated, now it will take into account things such as part occlusion, facing, and got rid of the calculation being based on part mass.

* New Lift System:
Corrected the lift so that it is now (properly) a function of the square of velocity, not linear. This allows for far more effective, and accurate, wings.

* Aerodynamic Stability Overlay:
A new part of the UI that shows you the stability of your crafts as you build them, so you can easily tell at a glance how air-worthy (or not) your design is, and see the effects of any changes as you build.

* Engineer’s Report:
A new panel in the VAB and SPH which will warn you of crucial (and generally frustrating) issues in your design, such as a lack of fuel tanks, engines or landing gear, among many other advanced concepts like those.

* TimeWarp To:
Fumble with timewarp and mess up your burns no more, with this new feature you can choose a point along your orbit and the game will take you there as fast as physically possible.

* Deep Space and Planetary Refueling:
Adding a new system and a set of parts that will allow you to collect matter from Asteroids and other bodies, then process it into useful things, like Fuel or Oxidizer.

* Game Over:
Be careless with your funds and reputation and you might promptly find you no longer have a job at the Space Center.

* New Landing Gears:
With the much larger Mk3 parts, we too felt the need for equally much larger landing gears. We’re giving you larger and more diverse ones to fix that.

* New, Larger Wings:
Mk3 crafts also require you to make large wings out of way, way too many small ones. We’re adding wings that are not only larger than all others, they also carry fuel, so you can finally make room for a properly massive payload area.

* Kerbal Clamber:
Kerbals can now climb over small obstacles and out of ladders up onto flat surfaces; because their job wasn’t dangerous enough already.

* Female Kerbals:
Long time in the making, finally joining the team at KSC.

* Economic Systems Rebalance:
Strategies, Part costs, contract payouts, they all needed to be fixed, and have all gotten a much needed balancing pass.

* Part Stats Rebalance:
We’re making sure no part is too light, too heavy, too powerful, or too weak. Exploiters beware!

* New Contracts:
We aim to bridge the gap between the early and late game contracts, as playtesting showed the difficulty curve could use some easing.

* Tier 0 Buildings:
The originally revealed buildings have been enhanced and modified to meet our original vision for them.

* Sound Overhaul:
Adding sounds to several parts of the game and interface that needed them, as well as improving some existing ones.

* Bugfixes:
A lot of long standing bugs are being fixed, and we do mean a lot of them. Beta means bugfixes, after all.

As always, we ask you to please keep in mind that the items above are not a commitment on our part. Plans can and do change as development progresses, and this update is no different. Same as always, you'll find the complete changelog on the release notes once the update is out, or stay tuned for our development notes every Tuesday to hear the news as they develop.

Happy Launchings!

Cheers

+ it was confirmed on twitter that we'll have fairings

Last edited by Genbrien; 04/21/15 01:10 AM.

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4068980 - 01/25/15 02:19 AM Re: KSP 1.0's details [Re: Genbrien]  
WileECoyote Offline
WileECoyote  Offline

Argentina
Yepe, I almost fell on my butt when I saw it. Pretty interesting stuff going on.

Although, I still fear that the game is not ready for release. I'm not sure the bug fixing will be that fantastic before 1.0...

Most kspeers have been playing for a long time, we know the bugs, we're used to them. "Oh look, I left my ship in orbit and now it's flying out of the Kerbol system for no reason at all! Well, it's Beta." Happens every day, no problem.

But when you release a 1.0 version to the market, then you're open for reviews... and if they happen to have one of those ugly ugly bugs that we have today, the score will go down pretty fast.

When you're feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world, there's someone pushing a door that says "pull".
#4069439 - 01/26/15 10:37 AM Re: KSP 1.0's details [Re: Genbrien]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
I am just concerned that career mod is not quite, well balanced. Currently stuck needed a zillion funds to upgrade a few things to the last level, but keep needing to use so many funds up getting stuff into orbits to full fill contracts. Its slow going. Stuck at needing higher science but at the same time my reputation is at current max for level 2? Something.... Its an endless circle. I just want to get you farther into the solar system. Right now Duna and maybe Eve is all I can manage until I get get more junk into my orbit parking lot/ refueling station. Which eats so many funds to get fuel up there. UGh endless cycle.

But I really like KSP.

#4078854 - 02/15/15 03:50 AM Re: KSP 1.0's details [Re: Genbrien]  
Reschke Offline
Plankowner
Reschke  Offline
Plankowner

Vestavia, AL
Well you could always edit the persistent file to tweak your credits....just saying.

Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
#4109369 - 04/21/15 01:10 AM Re: KSP 1.0's details [Re: Genbrien]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
release date

Quote:
Kerbal Space Program 1.0 comes out 04/27/2015

only 1 week to wait!

so far new confirmed feature:

Quote:
Confirmed:

*Overhaul of aerodynamic model
*Re-entry heat
*Resources from planets and asteroid
*Female Kerbals
*Realistic ISP (Thrust will change with pressure and not fuel consumption)
*A LOT of fix to balance the whole game
*New bigger landing gear
*New bigger wings
*Engineer report (dV and pre flight check in)
*Procedural fairings
*Heatshield as separate part
*Time warp to Manuever Node/AP/PE/whatever
*Changed the chase cam
*Changed docking mode input
*There will be mach effect (not only aesthetic)
*Infiniglide fixed thanks to the new aero
*Part inside cargo bay and fairings will be shielded
*New ability for the crew members
*Better Tutorials
*New Demo
*Re-modeled spacesuit
*Change fuel flow logic to prevent asymmetric flameout and to make fuel to drain from tanks in the stage evenly
*New SPH/VAB GUI to help with the aerodynamic stability of the craft (a simplified version of the graphics in FAR)
*New filter for VAB/SPH
*Audio overhaul for the UI
*Kerbals will be now able to climb edge without ladders
*New animations for EVA
*New trailer for 1.0
*Since 1.0 all the engine will have a nickname like the actual Skipper, Mainsail, etc. (In example the new name for 909 will be "Terrier")
*Improved joystick mapping configuration
*IVAs for every crewable part of the game
*Loading screen will have tips to help new players
*Barn is back as Tier 0 Space Center
*New contracts like the one for space tourism
*New ESA flags
*New Tech tree
*3D Printing Printing of our craft
*Kerbals now cost Funds to Hire from the Astronaut Complex
*TrackIR Support Added
*Camera Wobble added

Last edited by Genbrien; 04/21/15 01:12 AM.

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
#4109374 - 04/21/15 01:22 AM Re: KSP 1.0's details [Re: Genbrien]  
WileECoyote Offline
WileECoyote  Offline

Argentina
Also, memory leaks fixed (at least some) and DDS textures to improve loading times and memory usage.

... and as it just happens, I'll be working the night shift, from home, the entire first half of May. Lots of waiting time involved so... biggrin And they pay me extra for the inconvenience! mwahaha

When you're feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world, there's someone pushing a door that says "pull".

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.