Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
#4068471 - 01/23/15 11:01 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? ** [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: ATAG_Bliss
It's not a big deal m8. I was just giving you some crap wink

You are one hell of a good moderator. Thank you!

Thank you, but I don't take stepping into these things lightly. Unfortunately, incidents like that can quickly expand into a major conflagration, so I'm trying to balance timely actions (when needed) against 'getting it right'.

#4068479 - 01/23/15 11:20 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: CyBerkut]  
SkyHigh Offline
SkyHigh  Offline

Ireland
Originally Posted By: CyBerkut

You are correct, my mistake. I found out via other means that RacerGT had handled that. That's what I get for taking somebody's interpretation as correct, instead of looking more closely.

I'm going to put the link back into your post. I would still suggest that folks cut Jason some slack on this particular thing. A co-worker is hurting with something that also hits close to home in his own family. I don't excuse the content of that post, but I can understand how he came to write it.

My apologies for being the one to lead you astray. I think of it now as Jason being just about to delete it himself, but being beaten to it.

I second Mr Bliss.

Last edited by SkyHigh; 01/23/15 11:33 PM.
#4068483 - 01/23/15 11:26 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
FWIW I reported Jason's post shortly after he posted it. It's no surprise he singled out Bongo even though he didn't acuse them of trying to buy time with a sick colleague story, as discussed it wouldn't be the first time a developer has blamed a delay on a sick or injured worker but Bongo did not state that was the case in this instance.

#4068496 - 01/23/15 11:51 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: SkyHigh]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: SkyHigh
Originally Posted By: CyBerkut

You are correct, my mistake. I found out via other means that RacerGT had handled that. That's what I get for taking somebody's interpretation as correct, instead of looking more closely.

I'm going to put the link back into your post. I would still suggest that folks cut Jason some slack on this particular thing. A co-worker is hurting with something that also hits close to home in his own family. I don't excuse the content of that post, but I can understand how he came to write it.

My apologies for being the one to lead you astray. I think of it now as Jason being just about to delete it himself, but being beaten to it.

I second Mr Bliss.

Thanks, and no worries. It's on me to be careful about such things. It was right there under my nose! eek

#4068497 - 01/23/15 11:53 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: ATAG_Bliss
It's not a big deal m8. I was just giving you some crap wink

You are one hell of a good moderator. Thank you!

A big +1 to that!

Moderators from other forums should pay attention to this one, he is fair and an excellent moderator!

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4068501 - 01/23/15 11:59 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Agreed, I know I haven't seen moderation this good anywhere else.

#4068508 - 01/24/15 12:18 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Otto3 Offline
Otto3  Offline

NC,USA
What moderation? I haven't seen anything moderate in this forum in quite a while.

#4068510 - 01/24/15 12:30 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
The moderate use of moderation that preserves everyone's right to freedom of speech but stepping in when excessive use of profanity or personal attacks are used, without prejudice or bias.....of course.
hence why a bombshell such as the one dropped earlier has petered out into nothing, nobody is feeling hard done by.

#4068518 - 01/24/15 12:51 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Otto3 Offline
Otto3  Offline

NC,USA
It depends on what is deemed excessive. And there are limits to free speech, you don't have the right to post just anything on these forums you want, but I don't understand why "Fanboi" is considered unacceptable, whereas "Liar" isn't.(see other thread for ex. if it hasn't been shut down yet)

#4068530 - 01/24/15 01:21 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Otto3]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Otto3
It depends on what is deemed excessive. And there are limits to free speech, you don't have the right to post just anything on these forums you want, but I don't understand why "Fanboi" is considered unacceptable, whereas "Liar" isn't.(see other thread for ex. if it hasn't been shut down yet)

Yeah, it confuses me too, Jason has been getting a ragging by plenty of members here but he chose a 3 day old post of mine that nobody else made anything out of and created himself another diversion.
I do have a right to be cynical, I do have a right to express it, I made no actual accusation.

#4068531 - 01/24/15 01:22 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Otto3]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada

I believe someone stated they thought Jason was lying, Jason stated he was not a liar

#4068533 - 01/24/15 01:37 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
And I didn't even say I thought anything, it was a completely inert statement but now it's a bloody Internet sensation.

#4068534 - 01/24/15 01:38 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: bongodriver]  
Otto3 Offline
Otto3  Offline

NC,USA
No Bongo I don't think you were part of that particular discussion.

#4068535 - 01/24/15 01:40 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
No, I'm reffering to the one I was part of.

#4068539 - 01/24/15 01:46 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Otto3 Offline
Otto3  Offline

NC,USA
I wasn't

#4068541 - 01/24/15 01:47 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Otto3]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida

For starters, context matters. Fanbois, fanboys and variations of that are typically deliberate belittling of adults simply because they happen to like and be supportive of a game or whatever.

The label "liar" appears in that thread in two, count them, two original posts and a number of quotations of those posts. One is from Jedi Master
Quote:
A statement from someone is NOT a fact.

To put it plainly: Jason saying it was his decision is not proof that it was his decision. It is proof that he's publicly taking responsibility for it after the fact.

It boils down to the fact that I believe Jason is smart but lying to us over him being a truthful idiot, because there is no scenario where Jason can take what he learned on years of ROF and say that this decision was smart or correct. All his statements say that this decision was made and they then decided not to change it. He never says "because to have given you all what you clearly want would have been wrong" or "this way is better than what you all want" because he doesn't think that.

He NEVER says "this is better". He NEVER says "you are all wrong." He just says "it was my decision to make it this way and mine not to change it." That is the statement of either a liar or an idiot.

You go ahead and believe he's stupid, I'll believe he's lying.

I've been pretty clear in here that discussions of IL2 BoS development, marketing and official forums moderation policies/practices are fair game. If Jason makes public statements about development decisions, they are subject to analysis. The above was Jedi Master's analysis, provided as a contrast to Revvin's analysis. Jedi Master offered two possible explanations for the statement referenced, and then said what he concluded.

The other post was from 777 Studios - Jason
Quote:
Calling me a liar??? I NEVER LIE to my customers, EVER!! All of you calling me a liar are way, way, way, way off-base. Show me exactly where I have lied EVER to any of you??? 1C has never done ANYTHING to harm this community. Any issues you don't like are the fault of the team or direct management, not some evil 1C. If there was some conspiracy I would quit. 1C has been nothing but be supportive and level headed to us and put their money where their mouth is. Without 1C you have no original IL-2, no CLOD and no BOS. 1C did not screw up CLOD or pull the plug before suffering huge monetary losses and suffering empty promises by others. 1C did not break anything, they provided money to fix whatever was broken. You guys don't get it.

The personal insults on this board are beyond the pail. I have labored for many years now to give simmers enjoyment and something to look forward to with their favorite hobby and this is what I get? Being called a liar after all this time and all that I have fought hard to bring you. So, so, so God damn tired of it.

If Jason chooses to treat somebody's analysis of a business statement about company decision making as a personal insult, that's his choice. I don't believe that is the context that the statement was made in. It was a central part of Jedi Master's argument to Revvin's position.

While having the truthfulness of a statement questioned feels like the same thing as being "called a liar", there is a distinction (however small the difference is). One is having message content analyzed/addressed, while the other is just name calling if it is not substantiated with supporting evidence/testimony/analysis. Jedi Master did his homework and explained his statement.

Context matters.

#4068543 - 01/24/15 01:49 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
I know, my response was in the context of Bishers post, which is why it appears right after it.

Edit:

This was in response to otto

Last edited by bongodriver; 01/24/15 01:51 AM.
#4068544 - 01/24/15 01:51 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: bisher]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

Originally Posted By: bisher

I believe someone stated they thought Jason was lying, Jason stated he was not a liar

It was taken out of context in my opinion and I responded to his comment politely but he never replied back.
It's in the "its a Game not a Sim " page 11 top.

Cyberkut Beat me to it !

I explained the context in my reply back to him.
We were talking about in the Context of Business and under legality of being able to say certain things while protecting interests.

It was in no way meant as a attack on his personal Morale character.

In a strange way I believe Jedi and I were both kind of defending him and he did not get that at all.

Dez

Last edited by Desode; 01/24/15 01:56 AM.

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4068550 - 01/24/15 02:05 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Otto3 Offline
Otto3  Offline

NC,USA
Yeah whatever. Context does matter. I don't think your idea of context is applicable here. But thats for you to say.

#4068615 - 01/24/15 09:08 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Never lies? As far as i can remember Jason categorically denied having anything to do with 1C and the upcoming new sim (BoS) back when the rumors first surfaced.

He did this on his own accord, he never needed to make that statement. He could just have left it as a rumor.

Denying something isn't the same as lying, right?

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 01/24/15 09:12 AM.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.