Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33
#4067986 - 01/23/15 12:49 AM The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy?  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

The Barmy OFFers Club

Throughout the annals of history people of like purpose and intent have gathered together in efforts to share and strengthen their common ideals and to strive in unison towards extraordinary goals. The Knights Templar, the Illuminati, the Freemasons, and other such ancient assemblies have used the combined abilities and fortunes of their members to attempt broad sweeping and long-lasting changes around the globe. Their greatness and power were and are inextricably tied to their like-mindedness and shared zeal, and because of this they became far greater than the sum of their individual parts.

The Barmy OFFers Club is nothing like this. We are a daft group, though rather clever and creative, who happen to share the same obsession for the marvelous WWI aerial combat flight sim, 'Over Flanders Fields'. We do not imagine for an instant that we will alter the course of world history, apart from the bygone years of 1914 through 1918 in which our many virtual selves fly and fight and live and die. Since we are a bit over-the-top we do things on occasion that are considered by those not of us to be...well...barmy. Furthermore, we don't look upon these things we do as a negative but rather more a badge of honour. Because of this shared skewed outlook we have been drawn together with others who not only understand but actually appreciate such daftness, as they suffer from the same wonderful instability themselves.

Are you such an individual? Do you lack the grip on reality it takes to become one of the BOC? If you think you qualify then we encourage you to apply for membership in this less than illustrious yet somehow elite group of halfwits. Read through our charter and post your qualifications below. Prove to us just how round-the-bend you are for OFF and you too can have your name added to our 'Roll Call Of The Barmy'. Dues will be collected in the club bar on the first Saturday of each month, (and if you believe for even a moment that there actually is a club bar you are closer to qualifying for membership in the BOC than you might realize).

[Linked Image]

Roll Call Of The Barmy:

Olham . ... (Founding Member)
Dej . . . .... (Founding Member)
Louvert . ..(Founding Member)

Hasse Wind
Lewie
Flyby PC
Shiloh
Almccoyjr
Widowmaker
Rickitycrate
Herr Prop-Wasche
Hellshade
tranquillo
Pappy55
Crossbones (aka CrimsonTide)
Slartibartfast
Javito1986
Von Paulus
Creaghorn
elephant
Wayfarer
Hauksbee
Bullethead
CaptSopwith
carrick58
RamblingSid
HumanDrone
HouseHobbit
Britisheh
NS13Jarhead
Lothar of the Hill People
rjw (aka Robert_Wiggins)
FenrisWlf
Beanie
DukeIronHand
MFair
Nietzsche
Raine
lederhosen
CatKnight
MudWasp
Rick_Rawlings
Tonytiger (aka Typhoon)
Banjoman
Cavaliere57
Smosh
cCromwell
SteveW
HarryH
ARUP
Maeran
Stache
Jammer28
Mr_Dirt
actionjoe
RAF28Jenkins
loftyc
JimmyBlonde (aka Ace_Pilto)
stljeffbb
Fullofit
Deej7066
JJJ65
Sailor_Steve
Nowi
Dark_Canuck
Wulfe
catch
Trooper117
Simes

Honorary Members (this lot is barmier than all of us):

Winder
Polovski
OvS
Shredward
Paarma
Sandbagger
Rabu
Makai
RexHannover
Nod
Capt.Winters
Matt Milne
AnKor
And all the special contributors who have worked with the OFF dev team over the years

*************************************************************************************

#4068009 - 01/23/15 02:04 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
ooooooh! Here we go! Drinks all around!

(hic!) HumanDrone, present, sir!

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4068075 - 01/23/15 06:18 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Anything that uses the Dodo bird for a mascot is something I'm interested in...

You would have been proud of us Honorary members (Pol, Sandbagger and I) when we all geeked out at the Hendon RAF museum. I am convinced the museum manager was content with just leaving us there as we knew more than anyone in the whole place... but he could see my eyes fixed on that D.Va and must have know I would have jumped in it and took off as soon as he turned his back.. with Sandbagger grabbing the SE5a, and Pol in the Fee.

Ahh.... nothing better that the era of the WWI Biplane. smile

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4068076 - 01/23/15 06:25 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
#25. You believe and follow Dicta Boelcke as not only a strict guideline for aerial combat, but a guideline for all aspects of life outside of WOFF.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4068108 - 01/23/15 08:57 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: OvStachel]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: OvStachel
... but he could see my eyes fixed on that D.Va and must have known I would have jumped in it
and took off as soon as he turned his back.. with Sandbagger grabbing the SE5a, and Pol in the Fee.

Yeah, I can imagine THAT only too well!
How the poor man was sitting on glowing coal with you lot in his fine collection!

Should you ever visit THE VINTAGE AVIATOR together, I'm sure Peter Jackson would quickly hire
a hundred Orcs and position them as a "life guard" around you as long as you are in there.
"Oh my god - the 'Golden Triumvirate'! Guards!!!"
Mmuahahahahahaaa!!!

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4068132 - 01/23/15 11:59 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Oooo, talk of Albs and SE5s and Fees and The Vintage Aviator, very nice! But I must interrupt such banter for official club business.

(Lou ducks at this point as anything of proper throwing size that isn't nailed down is hurled at him with the accuracy only practiced inebriation can provide.)

HA! You all missed. Now then, MFair has petitioned for membership into our little group. I for one say he's qualified and then some simply by asking to be included in this lot. A round of 'ayes' are in order don't you think, followed by a round of drinks on our newest victim.

All in favour say AYE!

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4068144 - 01/23/15 12:43 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

"Aye" - short, loud and clear!
And then a double single malt whisky for my part, please.

#4068157 - 01/23/15 01:05 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: OvStachel]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Originally Posted By: OvStachel
#25. You believe and follow Dicta Boelcke as not only a strict guideline for aerial combat, but a guideline for all aspects of life outside of WOFF.

I certainly apply der Dicta in Pittsburgh traffic!

GET OUTTA MY WAY I WANNA GO HOME! cuss2 cuss banghead

xwing

In <ahem> official club business, I shall give a solemn "aye" to Mfair's application. I need a fresh Guinness, tap only, with the nitrogen, please!

<hic> bottles

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
#4068178 - 01/23/15 01:45 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Olham]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Olham
"Aye" - short, loud and clear!
And then a double single malt whisky for my part, please.

Aye (Hic) Aye! bottles

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/23/15 01:47 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4068200 - 01/23/15 02:31 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Another foo...ler ah, individual has made known his desire to join our ranks. What say you all to Nietzsche becoming one of the daft, the touched, the barmy? Aye says I! Yet another bar tab to take advantage of, me thinks.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4068205 - 01/23/15 02:35 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Oh, and seems I'm neglect in mentioning Raine's desire to join up as well. When it rains barmy, it pours. Aye again, says I! This is developing into a potentially epic blow-out.

[Linked Image]

#4068207 - 01/23/15 02:38 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
lederhosen Online content
lederhosen  Online Content

Germany
Sooooo

how does one apply for membership then? I'm not stupid, just barmy.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4068213 - 01/23/15 02:42 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Well yea!
Aye, Aye, and Aye!

#4068217 - 01/23/15 02:48 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: lederhosen]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord
Originally Posted By: lederhosen
Sooooo

As per the original post in this thread, you need only ask and state your qualifications as noted in our charter. In your case lederhosen it would simply be a formality as you are quite clearly one cylinder short of a rotary.

[Linked Image]

#4068276 - 01/23/15 04:45 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
SHO I'LL BEEUP TO 4 GUINNESSESSESS SHOON! AYE! AYE! AYE!

bottles cheers dizzy

#4068286 - 01/23/15 04:59 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: lederhosen]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Originally Posted By: lederhosen
Sooooo

You bring up an important point. I have a German pilot, "Rex von Schnaups" that I use to demonstrate WOFF to my brother in law (also named Rex, coincidenatlly). He's always absconding with the Baron's triplane, to which the Baron spits, "Er weiß nicht einmal steigen 'bekloppt.' Er ist nur ein Idiot."

(with apologies to the real German speakers here, that was Google translate. I jad "barmy" in quotes, which came out "bekloppt.")

#4068297 - 01/23/15 05:31 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
Bekloppt is correct, but what does the rest of the Sentence mean LOL

#4068301 - 01/23/15 05:39 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
lederhosen Online content
lederhosen  Online Content

Germany
Salute

Dear Sirs, Madams or hermaphrodites,

After reading through the list I believe I qualify to be a member under articles 1,3,4,15,19,20 and 24 of the charter, and wish to register my application to join this very fine group of equally daft people.

danke

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4068303 - 01/23/15 05:39 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

You wrote: "He doesn't even know climb 'barmy'." Whatever that means...???

#4068308 - 01/23/15 05:43 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
The Force use you must, reading sentence. lightsabers

#4068309 - 01/23/15 05:51 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Olham]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
You wrote: "He doesn't even know climb 'barmy'." Whatever that means...???

Shoot, I just should have wrote it in English. I'd intended the Baron to spit out in disgust, "He doesn't even rise to "barmy". He's just an idiot!" Blasted on-line translators... ruined whatever kmild grade of "funny" might have been in there...

#4068311 - 01/23/15 05:51 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Ah, the BOC! I'm daft enough to be one of its members!

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4068330 - 01/23/15 06:15 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
@Drone:
Ah! LOL biggrin
...doesn't matter, still funny.
Well, this Expression is so complicated in German Language, that I currently don't even know, how I would say that...
Maybe: "Hah! Er hat's nicht mal bis -Bekloppt- geschafft, er ist auf -Idiot- hängen geblieben." ...or so...

#4068340 - 01/23/15 06:32 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thanks, Nietzsche! I was always (hic) bad at languages.

(I remind everyone that, as this is a solemn meeting of the BOC for conferring membership, we should all be dizzy drunk. Or pick your euphemism. "All gassed up!" "Well oiled!" "All gooned up!" "wasted" "Plastered" etc)

beercheers to all!

#4068423 - 01/23/15 09:11 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Lou,

Thank you for passing my application along to the grand and illustrious members of the Club. I shall await their decision with baited breath.

By the way, that cricket bat spanking thing isn't the initiation is it? I mean, if it's going to get kinky, I'd prefer the other thing. You know, the one with the duck, the dwarf, and the tub of Velveeta cream cheese.

Just saying...

#4068506 - 01/24/15 12:12 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Raine, we have no such 'other thing'. You must be thinking of the Elks Club.

Now where did we put that cricket bat?

[Linked Image]

#4068526 - 01/24/15 01:10 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Well, I shall ask to join as well. I do believe at least half of the qualifications apply to myself. At least that is all I will admit to at this time. I await your decision Sir! It would be an honor to be in such a daft group.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4068597 - 01/24/15 06:18 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
I would certaily ask to join this illustrious group, and offer the following for your perusal:

Article 10: Not only do I mutter 'rat-a-tat' at cars that cut me off, I do so at cars that are too slow, and whenever I simply feel like it. The only way I can go on roller coasters is if I can focus on the seat in front of me and pretend I'm pursuing it through the turns, guns blazing.

Article 5: While I have not completely 'checked my six' in a vehicle, I have caught myself slowly sweeping my head from left to right, looking for cars at longer range.

Article 1: I have indeed seen WOFF in every day occurrences or straying into my thoughts: For example, I've more than once thought a project's chance of success at work was about equal to a Fokker E.III vs. a Camel.

(If not worse.)

Article 4: We won't even talk about my desk, the maps I've actually managed to put away for much, the Joystick my wife is constantly pushing aside so she can get to her 'games', enough dice to make Gary Gygax of D&D fame proud, and character/squadron notes.

Article 17: Many times I've regalled my wife with tales of another brilliant death. Particularly the sadder ones, such as when I've escaped an enemy, clipped a fence, SURVIVED, then crashed just before the aerodrome because I cut my engine too soon and stalled out.

Article 16 in spades: I end up throwing away half my papers at work, because all my to do lists, notes and stats end up being escorted by German and British biplanes. Or even roundels.

Lastly, did I hear you have a bar?

#4068647 - 01/24/15 12:18 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

CatKnight, your credential will most certainly qualify you for membership. AYE! oooooooo, my head ... shouldn't have shouted that. For the rest of the morning all discussions and votes shall be kept at a whisper. And yes, we have a bar CK and you have a bar tab as of several hours ago that has already grown to quite an impressive amount. You'll want to talk to the barkeep about settling up on that.

MFair, I petitioned on your behalf earlier here so you were voted in last night at some point during the proceedings, though just when is a bit fuzzy.

Yes, so then, if my calculations are correct, we've five new members to our cadre. Please welcome fellow Barmy OFFers MFair, Nietzsche, Raine, lederhosen, and CatKnight. Your names will be added to our Roll Call of the Barmy and you'll each be receiving your acceptance letters and club badges. But not until I've found the bromo and gotten several cups of coffee in me. And someone collect up all these beer-soaked sweaters and hang them outside, I damned near broke my neck slipping on one of them earlier this - oh - never mind, that one's mine.

Attached Files BOC_Membership_Charter_01.jpgBOC_Badge_BWOC.png

[Linked Image]

#4068664 - 01/24/15 01:16 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

CatKnight, your credential will most certainly qualify you for membership. AYE! oooooooo, my head ... shouldn't have shouted that. For the rest of the morning all discussions and votes shall be kept at a whisper. And yes, we have a bar CK and you have a bar tab as of several hours ago that has already grown to quite an impressive amount. You'll want to talk to the barkeep about settling up on that.

MFair, I petitioned on your behalf earlier here so you were voted in last night at some point during the proceedings, though just when is a bit fuzzy.

Yes, so then, if my calculations are correct, we've five new members to our cadre. Please welcome fellow Barmy OFFers MFair, Nietzsche, Raine, lederhosen, and CatKnight. Your names will be added to our Roll Call of the Barmy and you'll each be receiving your acceptance letters and club badges. But not until I've found the bromo and gotten several cups of coffee in me. And someone collect up all these beer-soaked sweaters and hang them outside, I damned near broke my neck slipping on one of them earlier this - oh - never mind, that one's mine.

Lou, we may be needing to replace the old cricket bat soon as it has seen considerable service as of late! May I suggest that the next one be made of iron wood? Awfully heavy to swing but packs a nice wallop!

(System_Specs)

#4068665 - 01/24/15 01:24 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

GASP! Replace the most hallowed and ancient cricket bat? Sacrilege! I am going to assume that's the hangover talking Robert and forgive you this transgression, but only once.
Replace the cricket bat he says - phhht.

[Linked Image]

#4068667 - 01/24/15 01:33 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

GASP! Replace the most hallowed and ancient cricket bat? Sacrilege! I am going to assume that's the hangover talking Robert and forgive you this transgression, but only once.
Replace the cricket bat he says - phhht.

exitstageleft

(System_Specs)

#4068682 - 01/24/15 02:25 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
Yes, well, I would like to thank my Mom, my Cat, my Latin-Teacher, the Guy at the Computer-Store and all the lovely Persons involved in this abitious Project, that is now making the World a bit brighter than it was before. I couldn't have done it without your Help. You are terrific!
...wait...wrong notepaper...

Thank you biggrin

#4068739 - 01/24/15 05:08 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I was stacking firewood and thinking of the big all nighter chunks as heavy bombers and stacking smaller morning starters right next to them and thinking of those as scouts.

#4068747 - 01/24/15 05:20 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

MudWasp, is that a statement of your qualifications for entrance into our questionable group? If so, you have my vote Sir.

[Linked Image]

#4068752 - 01/24/15 05:40 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

MudWasp, is that a statement of your qualifications for entrance into our questionable group? If so, you have my vote Sir.

Aye agree, indobl...indoubabl...for sure! Hic! Sorry Lou, but someone has to drain the left over glasses! Wouldn't want to pollute the environememt..envromem.. the earth! Hic!

(System_Specs)

#4068828 - 01/24/15 08:58 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RamblingSid Offline
RamblingSid  Offline

NSW, Australia
Oh for crying out loud...

Noooooooo

#4068889 - 01/24/15 10:48 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Tonytiger Offline
Tonytiger  Offline

Ontario ,Canada
Seeing as I am going to be around for a while longer. The "Sword of Damocles" having been removed. I would like to formerly apply for entrance into this esteemed group. I looked at the qualifying points and think that I qualify under the following... Numbers 1,2,4,5,9,10,15,16,and 23.
I thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Typhoon (Tony)

The only stupid question is one that isn't asked.
#4068901 - 01/24/15 11:18 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods

Yes, just one of many examples.

Today at my grandsons first birthday party is another. I made paper airplanes then showed the young kids how to do so and had a mini war, boys vs girls in the basement. We then rubbed inflated ballons on our hair and stuck them to the ceiling. They reminded me of zepplins. I taped a toothpick to the nose of the streamlined paper airplanes and we went on a zepplin raid. Much fun popping those ballons with tooth pick nosed paper airplanes. It even brought the adults downstairs wondering what all the commotion was about.

#4068972 - 01/25/15 02:01 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
Oh, very nice MudWasp! That's a party I would have liked to go to!

#4068981 - 01/25/15 02:22 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I kinda dreded it being boring. Pick my mom up from the Lutheran home and went off nto the party. Got her home a little late for supper, no biggie as she had controband food.

I wanted to set the paper airplanes afire and launch of the back deck. The adults didn't like that, and it was windy with freezing rain.

Had fun driving my mother, great gramadma she is, home.

Her dementia is setting in, but boy did we chat up a storm on the way home.
Kinda reminda me of a Truman Capote short story.

#4068994 - 01/25/15 02:55 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I like paper arplanes and kites.

"A Christmas Memory" is about a young boy, referred to as "Buddy," and his older cousin, who is unnamed in the story but is called Sook in later adaptations. The boy is the narrator, and his older cousin — who is eccentric and childlike — is his best friend. They live in a house with other relatives, who are authoritative and stern, and have a dog named Queenie.

The family is very poor, but Buddy looks forward to Christmas every year nevertheless, and he and his elderly cousin save their pennies for this occasion. Every year at Christmastime, Buddy and his friend collect pecans and buy whiskey — from a scary American Indian bootlegger named Haha Jones — and many other ingredients to make fruitcakes. They send the cakes to acquaintances they have met only once or twice, and to people they've never met at all, like President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

This year, after the two have finished the elaborate four-day production of making fruitcakes, the elderly cousin decides to celebrate by finishing off the remaining whiskey in the bottle. This leads to the two of them becoming drunk, and being severely reprimanded by angry relatives.

The next day Buddy and his friend go to a faraway grove, which the elderly cousin has proclaimed the best place, by far, to chop down Christmas trees. They manage to take back a large and beautiful tree, despite the arduous trek back home.

They spend the following days making decorations for the tree and presents for the relatives, Queenie, and each other. Buddy and the older cousin keep their gifts to each other a secret, although Buddy assumes his friend has made him a kite, as she has every year. He has made her a kite, too.

Come Christmas morning, the two of them are up at the crack of dawn, anxious to open their presents. Buddy is extremely disappointed, having received the rather dismal gifts of old hand-me-downs and a subscription to a religious magazine. His friend has gotten the somewhat better gifts of Satsuma oranges and hand-knitted scarves. Queenie gets a bone.

Then they exchange their joyful presents to each other: the two kites. In a beautiful hidden meadow, they fly the kites that day in the clear winter sky, while eating the older cousin's Christmas oranges. The elderly cousin thinks of this as heaven, and says that God and heaven must be like this.

It is their last Christmas together. The following year, the boy is sent to military school. Although Buddy and his friend keep up a constant correspondence, this is unable to last because his elderly cousin suffers more and more the ravages of old age, and slips into dementia. Soon, she is unable to remember who Buddy is, and not long after, she passes away.

As Buddy says later: "And when that happens, I know it. A message saying so merely confirms a piece of news some secret vein had already received, severing me from an irreplaceable part of myself, letting it loose like a kite on a broken string. That is why, walking across a school campus on this particular December morning, I keep searching the sky. As if I expected to see, rather like hearts, a lost pair of kites hurrying towards heaven."

Last edited by MudWasp; 01/25/15 02:59 AM.
#4068995 - 01/25/15 02:57 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
oops that was from wiki and I didn't say so.

#4069016 - 01/25/15 03:56 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Gentlemen, I would request admittance into your august assemblage, even though it be only January. In my defense, I would OFFer up any of my challenge videos and say "If they not be barmy, then not barmy be I!" I should wear the badge with pride, if in the future I should ever be so fortunate as to do something that would warrant "pride"! What say you, my daft overlords? screwy dizzy yeah and (W)OF(F) course, cheers, followed directly by bottles...

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4069031 - 01/25/15 04:27 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
I have to agree. Some of those challenge videos were the barmiest things I've seen.

#4069098 - 01/25/15 10:59 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Rick, your WOFF challenge videos have certainly demonstrated that your grip on reality is tentative at best. AYE!

Tony, your lunacy goes back years with OFF so I know you qualify. AYE! again.

Thanks to these most recent lapses in good judgement it appears we'll have another trio soon sharing our traditions what with MudWasp, Rick, and Typhoon throwing their collective mad hats into the ring for consideration. Barmy love company.

[Linked Image]

#4069157 - 01/25/15 02:48 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

I say, if I could find the cockles of my heart, or knew what they were, I would thank you from them for your faith in my lack of lucidity! pilot

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4069165 - 01/25/15 03:07 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Rick, do you have any more challenges for this year?

#4069193 - 01/25/15 05:32 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Beanie Offline
Beanie  Offline

Canterbury, Kent
Excellent - just in time for the drinks - welcome to all new members to the club

'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
#4069206 - 01/25/15 06:09 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Aye! And aye to more drinks.
Starting to get crowded in here. How much barmy can a thread hold?

#4069265 - 01/25/15 08:40 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Ok, so today while roping a cow, with the wind in my face, I saw myself as a winged aviator sitting in his Sopwith Triplane and my quarry was an Albatross scout. I made my way to his six and let loose my riata.......I mean Lewis, and sent him down in flames!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
#4069279 - 01/25/15 09:11 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: MFair
Ok, so today while roping a cow, with the wind in my face, I saw myself as a winged aviator sitting in his Sopwith Triplane and my quarry was an Albatross scout. I made my way to his six and let loose my riata.......I mean Lewis, and sent him down in flames!

rofl

(System_Specs)

#4069315 - 01/25/15 10:53 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Aye! And aye to more drinks.
Starting to get crowded in here. How much barmy can a thread hold?

"Iff it shouldt gett too crowded, you can all come into my headt, meine Herren -
there is sooo much empty space in there, that you couldt still gett loszt!
Mmuahahahahaaa""

#4069479 - 01/26/15 01:53 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

The aftermath of being accepted into BOC

#4069483 - 01/26/15 01:55 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

MFair, you clearly did not drink enough during the festivities as those antlers are still on the wall and not on your noggin. Next time.

[Linked Image]

#4069570 - 01/26/15 04:21 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

MFair, I love that classic style chapeau you are wearing! Reminds me of an old Tom Mix movie! The whole outfit, pants and boots fit the same look! Very nice in deed sir! Just one thing out of place! That Jack Daniels should read "Rot Gut"! biggrin

Oh well, can't blame you for choosing a better tasting poison!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/26/15 04:21 PM.

(System_Specs)

#4069591 - 01/26/15 05:01 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
That Jack Daniels should read "Rot Gut"!

??? ??? ???

#4069599 - 01/26/15 05:11 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Olham]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
That Jack Daniels should read "Rot Gut"!

??? ??? ???

Olham Rot Gut was a term commonly referred to by cowboys for the very poor quality whiskey normally sold in the saloons out west. The good stuff was expensive and saloons made more profit on the cheap whiskey because most cowboys couldn't afford the good stuff.

(System_Specs)

#4069600 - 01/26/15 05:19 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Ah, thank you - I thought it was meant to be German:
both words exist in German too, and in English this would mean "red good" or "red well" -
but it wouldn't make any sense.

#4069605 - 01/26/15 05:26 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Sho... <hic!> I need another bar, drink-keeper <hic>! I mean, another drink, beerkeep! err...<HIC!>

shish we've been handin' out theesh fanshy BOC badges'n'shtuff, err.. how cn these poor daft sots show'em off? Over at CA? We got shome trick to mirror threads?

Another pint o' me old Guiness, pleashe! salute bottles

#4069619 - 01/26/15 05:50 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

MFair, I love that classic style chapeau you are wearing! Reminds me of an old Tom Mix movie! The whole outfit, pants and boots fit the same look! Very nice in deed sir! Just one thing out of place! That Jack Daniels should read "Rot Gut"! biggrin

Oh well, can't blame you for choosing a better tasting poison!

Thank you Robert. I so love the old west look. If you can't be a real cowboy at least you can look like one!

#4069623 - 01/26/15 05:57 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
rofl Great pic MFair!

#4069649 - 01/26/15 06:26 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Theesh postsh are too lucid. Thish ish da BOC! We're shupppossed to be drunk!

(j/k... have fun!)

#4069657 - 01/26/15 06:34 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

MFair, is that really you in that chair? Quite barmy, your "uniform code"...

#4069680 - 01/26/15 06:55 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Olham]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

MFair, is that really you in that chair? Quite barmy, your "uniform code"...

Yep Olham, that be me in the picture. I built an old west saloon a few years back on my place so that I could sit on the porch with a diet coke, not much of a drinker, and enjoy the sunset after a ride. One word of advice. Do not piss off the bartender, she can be double barrel mean. Love that place almost as much as WOFF!

#4069687 - 01/26/15 07:00 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

How could one piss off that lady? I mean, not only because she has a knife... winkngrin
Nice saloon you built there - but not drinking much in there is barmy again IMHO. duck

#4069688 - 01/26/15 07:01 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

I think maybe I need to build another "Flyers Bar". Anyone have any WWI aircraft memorabilia they want to donate! We could make it the official BOC Bar.

#4069691 - 01/26/15 07:04 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Olham]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

How could one piss off that lady? I mean, not only because she has a knife... winkngrin
Nice saloon you built there - but not drinking much in there is barmy again IMHO. duck

Never said there was not much drinking in there. Just said "I" was not much of a drinker. Only rule was "No Rude Behavior".

#4069714 - 01/26/15 07:29 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

Never said there was not much drinking in there. Just said "I" was not much of a drinker. Only rule was "No Rude Behavior".

So.....I take it the idea of saloon dancing girls is out! biggrin

That is a pretty nice Saloon you built. Is it primarily a party room?

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/26/15 07:30 PM.

(System_Specs)

#4069752 - 01/26/15 08:47 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

So.....I take it the idea of saloon dancing girls is out! biggrin

That is a pretty nice Saloon you built. Is it primarily a party room?

Well if there were Robert, that bartender would be using the knife on my throat! I have entertained the idea though. We have had a few small get togethers there but mainly used to sit and ponder on the world.

To get back on topic, so to speak, if someone has a rotary engine lamp, a Fokker rudder, a few fuselage fabric scraps with serial numbers, and a gun or two. I guess we would need a Sopwith rudder also, would not want Olham to not feel welcome. I think I could come up with a dandy Officers Bar. Like I say, it could be the Official BOC Meeting House. A piano would be nice too. Can anyone in BOC bang on the ivories?

#4069753 - 01/26/15 08:49 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
loftyc Offline
loftyc  Offline

man, I'd have to be crazy to join a club like this.

so, am I in?

#4069829 - 01/26/15 10:28 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

You say you're crazy loftyc, but are you barmy?

MFair, great digs Sir. I drink in that saloon anytime.

[Linked Image]

#4069971 - 01/27/15 04:31 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
MFair, that saloon is brilliant! I'd just want to sit there all day with a shotgun saying things like "Keep movin' stranger, if'n ye know what's good fer ye."

#4069975 - 01/27/15 04:54 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Raine]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Originally Posted By: Raine
MFair, that saloon is brilliant! I'd just want to sit there all day with a shotgun saying things like "Keep movin' stranger, if'n ye know what's good fer ye."

I don't know, I think it needs more wood... rofl

#4070982 - 01/29/15 03:01 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
If I ever got the chance, I'd saddle up with MFair any day. And then act like Yosemite Sam around the saloon!

Errr.. loftyc, I suggest that you review the list of qualifications at the beginning of this thread and report back with your itemized list of "barminess"! Just the fact that you're on this thread is a fair indication, but we need to be sure.

Then, YOU buy the drinks!

#4071008 - 01/29/15 04:11 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Yosemite Sam and Bugs....Classic! thumbsup

(System_Specs)

#4071110 - 01/29/15 11:55 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Raine and Humandrone,if you look closer at the picture there is a double barrel 12 gauge sitting next to me. I have been known to act a bit like Yosemite Sam after too many drinks but that was some time ago. Now it's more like " Grandpa" on " The Real McCoys".

#4071143 - 01/29/15 01:25 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

The Real McCoys, now there's a show I haven't thought of in years. By jingy-jang, best hitch up the wagon Luke, we gotta git them supplies. I'm near outta my tabakka! (As I recall Grandpa would refer to the wagon even though they actually had a pick-up truck.)

[Linked Image]

#4071147 - 01/29/15 01:32 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
HA! I feel like Grandpa McCoy after a hard day's work, that's for sure. We sit out on our swing before we head in, and by the time I get up I've stiffened up so bad, and so many times I've fetched my arms up the way he used to and imitated him, "Well, little Luke, I guess we'd best be headin' in - if I could just get this pitchfork outta my ***!"

I don't know where you're located, but any more, with coyotes and bigger cats making a comeback, it's probably a good idea to keep a shotgun handy, maybe even just like the old West, in your saddle! Criminee, I'm in an area that's not really rural, patches of woods and housing plans, and we have coyotes here!

Last edited by HumanDrone; 01/29/15 01:33 PM. Reason: RAF Louvert posted his whilst I was composing mine! Good one, Lou!

#4071148 - 01/29/15 01:33 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: HumanDrone]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord
Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
Errr.. loftyc, I suggest that you review the list of qualifications at the beginning of this thread and report back with your itemized list of "barminess"! Just the fact that you're on this thread is a fair indication, but we need to be sure.

Then, YOU buy the drinks!

Quite right HD. loftyc, you need only list a few of your 'credentials' per the charter and you will be in, likely deeper than you'll care to be.

[Linked Image]

#4071167 - 01/29/15 02:03 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: HumanDrone]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

HA! I feel like Grandpa McCoy after a hard day's work, that's for sure. We sit out on our swing before we head in, and by the time I get up I've stiffened up so bad, and so many times I've fetched my arms up the way he used to and imitated him, "Well, little Luke, I guess we'd best be headin' in - if I could just get this pitchfork outta my ***!"

I don't know where you're located, but any more, with coyotes and bigger cats making a comeback, it's probably a good idea to keep a shotgun handy, maybe even just like the old West, in your saddle! Criminee, I'm in an area that's not really rural, patches of woods and housing plans, and we have coyotes here!

HumanDrone,coyotes we have plenty of. You can sit on the porch and here their song every night. Black bears are making a comeback. You hear rumors of big cats but no proof. Located in the deep south USA. as for keeping a 6 shooter in the saddle, you can shoot off 4 of my 5 mounts. If you have ever tried Cowboy Mounted Shooting it is a rush! FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!

#4071173 - 01/29/15 02:07 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

Raine and Humandrone,if you look closer at the picture there is a double barrel 12 gauge sitting next to me. I have been known to act a bit like Yosemite Sam after too many drinks but that was some time ago. Now it's more like " Grandpa" on " The Real McCoys".

I noticed the "coach gun" as I call it. Does it have side hammers or is it a box lock?

(System_Specs)

#4071197 - 01/29/15 02:45 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!

#4071250 - 01/29/15 03:58 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

HumanDrone,coyotes we have plenty of. You can sit on the porch and here their song every night. Black bears are making a comeback. You hear rumors of big cats but no proof. Located in the deep south USA. as for keeping a 6 shooter in the saddle, you can shoot off 4 of my 5 mounts. If you have ever tried Cowboy Mounted Shooting it is a rush! FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!

FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once! biggrin

(System_Specs)

#4071278 - 01/29/15 04:25 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

All this talk of horses and the earlier mention of Yosemite Sam reminded me of the following cartoon. While Sam is showing off his riding and handling skills vis-à-vis a 'ship of the desert', (and an elephant), I've a hunch he applies the same methods to horses.

Gawd, these old cartoons still make me split a side!

[Linked Image]

#4071327 - 01/29/15 06:05 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Lou,that took me back a few years. Saturday morning cartoon with my brothers. Robert,too funny, and I don't recall which one I had with me on that day as I have one hammered and one box lock. Down south only the short ones we call coach guns.

#4071389 - 01/29/15 07:39 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA

All this talk of horses and the earlier mention of Yosemite Sam reminded me of the following cartoon. While Sam is showing off his riding and handling skills vis-à-vis a 'ship of the desert', (and an elephant), I've a hunch he applies the same methods to horses.

<clipped video>

Gawd, these old cartoons still make me split a side!

You ain't just kidding! They are about the best ever made, I just roar with laughter. Do you recall some group of handkerchief-wringing busybodies getting their knickers all twisted up about how violent they were?

So now we have Dragonball-Z and the like... what an improvement... screwy

#4121751 - 05/18/15 07:55 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I was informed by Lou that I needed to submit an official application to join the illustrious Barmy OFFers club, this is my official notice.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4121764 - 05/18/15 08:14 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

But Banjoman, what are your qualifications? winkngrin

HEE HAW! It's most definitely an "aye" from me.
Vice President Olham, Vice President Dej, what say either or both of you?
Members of questionable standing, what say any or all of you?
Is this man barmy enough?

[Linked Image]

#4121773 - 05/18/15 08:32 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
He spends too much time thinking about WOFF.... that is good enough for me, a questionable member, often questioned by SWMBO when I explain what I DiD today

Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 08:33 PM. Reason: fat fingers
#4121781 - 05/18/15 08:41 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

"what I DiD today" - that one made me laugh out loud, MudWasp. Did She Who Must Be Obeyed find the humour in it? (he asked knowing full well what the answer was)

[Linked Image]

#4121786 - 05/18/15 08:48 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I told you I play the banjo, that will either get me in or completely banned. hahaha

#4121789 - 05/18/15 08:51 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I got just enough accomplished around the old shack that SWMBO didn't bat an eye.

Speaking of shacks....MFair....I didn't see those pics of yours until today.
Mighty Fine club house thumbsup
Hey, do you shoot a black powder percussion cap revolver, or ever done so? I like them once in awhile.
thumbsup on the chaps and hat

#4121790 - 05/18/15 08:55 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Yikes!!!....Dueling banjos on the porch... thumbsup

#4121797 - 05/18/15 09:06 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
didn't mean any movie references to be infered.
maybe this is a better choice...

#4121802 - 05/18/15 09:15 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Haha, doesn't bother me. I'm sure most people think, when they learn that I play the banjo, that I'm that kid all grown up.

#4121803 - 05/18/15 09:16 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
If accepted, I promise to fly under a towel or blanket while wearing two sweaters.

#4121811 - 05/18/15 09:21 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Dye your hair...LOL...now I'm digging banjo tunes....and stray cats

#4121812 - 05/18/15 09:24 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
and anutter one....

Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 09:25 PM.
#4121814 - 05/18/15 09:25 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Originally Posted By: Banjoman
If accepted, I promise to fly under a towel or blanket while wearing two sweaters.

All well and good, but will you also set up a small fan to blow regular spritzes of castor oil, supplied by a cobbled windshield washer/nozzle assembly, into your face as you fly your WOFF sorties? Hmmmmmmmm?

Oh, forgot to add, I love banjo music.

[Linked Image]

#4121815 - 05/18/15 09:27 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Lou, are you running ideas thru your head for your ultimate cockpit build in the basement?

#4121817 - 05/18/15 09:29 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

always

[Linked Image]

#4121820 - 05/18/15 09:37 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I'm thinking start with a good chair.
I might dig an old wicker/caned chair out of the attic.

I know you collect period items. A period gauge/instrument would be nice...just thoughts flying through my head.

#4121823 - 05/18/15 09:48 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Vice President Olham, Vice President Dej, what say either or both of you?
Members of questionable standing, what say any or all of you?
Is this man barmy enough?

Well, Lou,after this question you spent most of the time talking about "banjos".
Even "duelling banjos"! That should be barmy enough, even without any WOFF in it.
So let's make him a member, and let's hope he knows the other word with "b": "Binge"!
I hope you have taken enough money off your bank account for one, Banjoman?!

#4121859 - 05/18/15 10:57 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Anyone who wears two sweaters gets the ok from me!

Mudwasp,if it concerns black powder, I have set it off. Rifles, smooth bores, pistols, cannons, cohorn mortars, and a few home made things back when you could do such things without getting a call from a government agency.

#4121864 - 05/18/15 11:00 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Two sweaters - too true, MFair.

MudWasp, I've been on the hunt for just the right old wicker chair for my 'cockpit'. Still hunting, but then that is half the fun.

Olham, I agree, the previous diversion does indicate barmyness to be sure. And then of course there is the mere fact that he wants to be a member of our group. So be it.

Banjoman, welcome to the Barmy OFFers Club! A tab has been started at the bar on your behalf and we're already making use of it. Drinks on the Banjoman - BWOC BWOC BWOC! As soon as Robert gets here with the cricket bat the ceremonial beating can begin.

[Linked Image]

#4121870 - 05/18/15 11:07 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Looks like Banjoman has finally hit the big time!
And just Earl Grey for me. Early flight tomorrow.

#4121873 - 05/18/15 11:12 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
MFair, do you have a cannon?

I get a kick out of having fun on the 4th of July. Don't have a proper historical type cannon, justy hillbilly rig something for fun. I love that old green fuse that burns underwater....love hate with the beavers...

Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 11:20 PM. Reason: forgot sumthing
#4121886 - 05/18/15 11:31 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
....speaking of beavers...I understand why the club house no longer has a "no gurls alowd sign".

You have a very fine wife....

Something from boyhood and a first club....from old "Our Gang"...

[video:myspace]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJlaK1kkFX0[/video]

#4121891 - 05/18/15 11:38 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Hahaha, I'm finally home. I love listening to Earl Scruggs and Steve Martin play the banjo. In case you didn't know this, but Earl Scruggs wrote Foggy Mountain Breakdown.

#4121907 - 05/19/15 12:07 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I'll take..... a hard apple cider.... I like the fizz bananadance

#4121908 - 05/19/15 12:09 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MudWasp]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted By: MudWasp
MFair, do you have a cannon?

I get a kick out of having fun on the 4th of July. Don't have a proper historical type cannon, justy hillbilly rig something for fun. I love that old green fuse that burns underwater....love hate with the beavers...

I used to have a Naval 2 pounder. That is until the sheriff drove up and told me he had reports of someone "shooting off heavy artillery". I told him that it was not me because my cannon was only a 2 pounder. He was not amused. While it was not illegal I quit so that I would not piss off whoever it was I had upset. Mind you this is way out in the country. Sold it to a fellow that does pyrotechnic shows. A friend that passed away a few years back had 9 Rev. War cannons and mortars. Not originals. Don't know what happened to his collection, but we really drew a crowd at the range.

#4121912 - 05/19/15 12:24 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I've flown under the radar for police/sheriffs.... for my hillbilly antics, or beaver control hijinks.
Love to be at the front porch of your watering hole on the 4thh..... can't make it happen tho....

Sad what happens to originals...go collect dust....they often do.

Long live the rebel in ya, Mark!

#4121918 - 05/19/15 12:58 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
MFair, you live in Mississippi, I'm surprised you had problems with your small cannon. I guess times have changes and not for the better.

#4121923 - 05/19/15 01:07 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
for the better?
explain please....

... never mind...read it incorrectertly

that bannana dude was rude after I see him doing his antics.
my apologizes... I'm buzzing like a bee.

copter

Last edited by MudWasp; 05/19/15 01:13 AM.
#4121928 - 05/19/15 01:25 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
This old bird should call it a day.... but he wants more song to be heard.

#4121938 - 05/19/15 01:56 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Banjoman]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

MFair, you live in Mississippi, I'm surprised you had problems with your small cannon. I guess times have changes and not for the better.

That was 28 years ago. It does make a pretty loud boom to chunk a 2 lb. ball. We made our ammo from Campbell's soup cans. Filled them with quick crete. Whala, instant projectile.

At a living history event on a big lake in Tennessee years ago we asked the Ranger where we could shoot the cannon. No projectiles mind you. He said, "out over the lake". When we asked about the bass boats he said, "Oh!, you better lead them pretty good!" We all had a good laugh.

It was a much simpler time. Man I miss it.

#4121946 - 05/19/15 02:25 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MudWasp]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
I'll take..... a hard apple cider.... I like the fizz bananadance

ME too! Dang, I missed all the fun. Now a guy that can pick a banjo well...

Still, you guys are too easy. I wanted a pic of him flying with a towel draped over his head and monitor!

Lou, I see you found the cricket bat! MFair, wish we could still have a blast at your place. I settle for "works bombs" now and then... he that hath ears to hear...

WELCOME, Banjoman! Glad I could be a small part of it!

beercheers bottles

#4121962 - 05/19/15 02:57 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
OOORRAAHH

#4122012 - 05/19/15 06:00 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Oh people,sorry where is the form to apply, for being part of this gang? I fullfill all 24 points and some more...
salute

" In vino veritas "
#4122051 - 05/19/15 10:19 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Cavaliere57, you need only give us a few specific instances of your barmyness and we will be happy to consider your application. As example, I actually do have a WWI French uniforme de pilote d'avion standing in my flying room.

So, don't be shy, share some of your barmy with us and we can welcome yet another new member into our illustrious cadre. biggrin

[Linked Image]

#4122091 - 05/19/15 12:37 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Here you go MudWast,shooting some kind of explosive with a AR at 20 yards. It looked like those green night sticks that pack packers used with some sort of detination cord around it.

Edit, Seem the sound is out of sync but you get the idea.

Last edited by MFair; 05/19/15 12:39 PM.

#4122377 - 05/20/15 02:38 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Lou, I think your collection is unrivaled!

MFair, nothing like a good blast for some fun. Guys just have to blow thing up, it seems. As long as nobody gets hurt!

Now where's our barmy Italian applicant? Lou's still warmed up from his last round with the cricket bat, and the rest of us just want to get all gooned up again.

#4122394 - 05/20/15 04:06 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand
I would like to line up (for the cricket bat) and report for duty.

A few points that I believe make me eligible to belong to this esteemed group include but are not limited to:

Whenever I get into a car I turn the steering wheel to make sure the ailerons are working.

Much to the enjoyment of my son but consternation of my girlfriend, I am unable to resist making daka daka ar15 sounds when over taking trucks (two seaters)on the road.

When drunk, if I fall over, I get back to my feet saying "Any landing you walk away from..."

There is a bridge across a river that divides the city where I live. Once I cross that bridge I start to keep a sharp eye out as I'm now in enemy territory; my ex wife lives there biggrin

Last edited by Smosh; 05/20/15 04:49 AM.

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#4122436 - 05/20/15 11:00 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

I think you have to leave 2 bottles of Lou's preferred adult beverage , one in each boot of his WWI pilots uniform , with all your credentials. I think. With all this partying it's getting hard to remember!

But I agree, you got it bad.....ain't it great! To Mistress's, Wifes, and Girlfriends. May they never meet!

#4122458 - 05/20/15 12:26 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Looks like great fun, MFair

#4122732 - 05/20/15 10:53 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
loftyc Offline
loftyc  Offline

hells bells, the school busses are fine; we do need, however, Albatros and French two sweaters, and some siemens-schuckerts.

shooting at other cars, all the time.

I have a moon roof (that's a glass sun roof) so that I have better view up.

No idea about when was the last non-WW1 book. In fact, how about the only newspaper I've read in the last few years is the Wipers Times.

Do I make it?

#4122751 - 05/20/15 11:53 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

*teehee-hee* you said "Siemens"...

#4122755 - 05/21/15 12:22 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Oh my, a Beavis and Butthead joke. clapping

#4122777 - 05/21/15 02:40 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
I was a member of the Barmy OFFer's from the old forum. Does the membership still apply even iff'n you fly in another simulator, and you haven't been active lately with this or the other forum?

Barmy OFFer in questionable standing, maybe collapsed in a corner?

Join the few, the touched, the moon spacklers.

[image]http://combatace.com/uploads/profile/photo-65486.jpg[/image]
#4122782 - 05/21/15 02:50 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lewis

I figure, once Barmy, always Barmy! There is no cure! biggrin

(System_Specs)

#4122784 - 05/21/15 03:03 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.

Yeah I'm inflicting my WWI obsession on the crew at FlightGear nowadays. I've even got a psuedo historical WWI mod I'm developing for Belfort-Chaux, and just recently put in an airfield at Corcieux. wave

I think my fellow forum Airliner jocks don't get me. but they seem to like my screen shots.

#4122841 - 05/21/15 09:57 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
OK this is my "cockpit apparel",but only for good weather situations,and my "flying machine" as well as my "observer" with her "mouthpiece" on.If you wanna see a collection of empty wine bottles also (and other various alcoholic liquids) just ask me! Is that enough?
P.S.
Sub/Sub Lieutenant Amanda,she's my granddaughter.

" In vino veritas "
#4122870 - 05/21/15 12:10 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
JimAttrill Offline
JimAttrill  Offline

Johannesburg, South Africa
Nice collection of guitars there. Not that I can play one. Didn't Johnny 'Alliday 'ave a 'Arley? (my wife is allowed to make jokes about him as she is French herself but not a lover of yé yé music. (hope I got the accents right yep)

LG 27" 27mp65 monitor; EVGA GTX970 GPU; AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU; Corsair 750w PSU; MSI X470 mobo

RAF 1966-73 Cpl Engine Fitter (Retd.) Trenchard brat 206th Entry
DBA and systems programmer 1981-2005. Now retired since 2014
#4122998 - 05/21/15 05:38 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Lewis]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Lewis
Does the membership still apply even iff'n you fly in another simulator, and you haven't been active lately with this or the other forum?

Once in, never out!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
#4123048 - 05/21/15 08:01 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Nice Harley, cute kid, Cavaliere57. Grandkids are the best, you aren't so personally invested in them and you can spoil'em and send'me home!

I think the first pic gets you in, at least in my book!

#4123053 - 05/21/15 08:23 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I would vote for you if those were banjos, but guitars I just don't know. I'm kidding, you have my vote. Your grand daughter is cute, I've never seen anyone on a Harley with a pacifier. biggrin

#4123061 - 05/21/15 08:39 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
Nice to see a Maurice Farman Shorthorn, Lewis.

I'm working on one at the minute myself.

#4123102 - 05/21/15 11:21 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: JimAttrill]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Originally Posted By: JimAttrill
Nice collection of guitars there. Not that I can play one. Didn't Johnny 'Alliday 'ave a 'Arley? (my wife is allowed to make jokes about him as she is French herself but not a lover of yé yé music. (hope I got the accents right yep)

I don't know about Hallyday really,he was never my piece of cake,I play Jazz and Blues mainly band
But yes "ye ye" music was definitely a thing of the sixties sleepy

" In vino veritas "
#4123104 - 05/21/15 11:26 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Banjoman]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
I would vote for you if those were banjos, but guitars I just don't know. I'm kidding, you have my vote. Your grand daughter is cute, I've never seen anyone on a Harley with a pacifier. biggrin

A friend of mine has a Bluegrass Band,guitar double bass mandolin banjo harp,good stuff,I can play something on a Banjo ,but I'm not very good in it,to be honest. ah..ah... you cannot really take the pacifier out of Amanda's mouth,without risking your life!! biggrin

" In vino veritas "
#4123105 - 05/21/15 11:30 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: HumanDrone]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Nice Harley, cute kid, Cavaliere57. Grandkids are the best, you aren't so personally invested in them and you can spoil'em and send'me home!

I think the first pic gets you in, at least in my book!

You are right about grandkids,only this little girl lives in my house so I can't send her home...and the cat's not so happy about it,as well!!! smash

" In vino veritas "
#4123217 - 05/22/15 05:12 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Cavaliere57]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Cavaliere57
OK this is my "cockpit apparel",but only for good weather situations,and my "flying machine"
as well as my "observer" with her "mouthpiece" on.If you wanna see a collection of empty wine bottles also
(and other various alcoholic liquids) just ask me! Is that enough?

Nice pics, Cavaliere!
Yes, I think you are barmy enough for the club.
Let's hear what the president will say.

#4123465 - 05/22/15 06:03 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
CAN'T WE JUST GET TO THE (virtual) DRINKING?!?! wink biggrin

Cavalier, I'd give my eyeteeth to have been able to help with one of my granddaughters. What her mother & a couple others in my circle have done to that girl is just about enough to get me swinging, and I mean "bar room roundhouse" style. Make the most of it.

#4123534 - 05/22/15 09:01 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: HumanDrone]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
CAN'T WE JUST GET TO THE (virtual) DRINKING?!?! wink biggrin

Cavalier, I'd give my eyeteeth to have been able to help with one of my granddaughters. What her mother & a couple others in my circle have done to that girl is just about enough to get me swinging, and I mean "bar room roundhouse" style. Make the most of it.

I'm doing it,and will keep on doing,don't worry... thumbsup
And yes let's go to the drinking... bottles

" In vino veritas "
#4123535 - 05/22/15 09:01 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Olham]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Originally Posted By: Cavaliere57
OK this is my "cockpit apparel",but only for good weather situations,and my "flying machine"
as well as my "observer" with her "mouthpiece" on.If you wanna see a collection of empty wine bottles also
(and other various alcoholic liquids) just ask me! Is that enough?

Nice pics, Cavaliere!
Yes, I think you are barmy enough for the club.
Let's hear what the president will say.

thumbsup

" In vino veritas "
#4123616 - 05/23/15 12:25 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Maeran]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
Hi Maeran,

That's a snazzy looking one? is it for WOFF?

I can't say the Shorthorn is all mine, as it owes a bit of it's 3D and textures to Fighter Squadron WWI, but I made the Renault 8C for it and the improved interior and the Renault 12C for the Biz A version, I'm also making a Voison LA III and a H-Farman 20.

I like really old WWI Lattice tail planes. You can't get any barmier than that. wacky

It's kind of a shame 'cause OFF has both Belfort and Belfort-Chaux and they were both M-Farman aerodromes of great reputation, and I'd love to fly a Farman squad out of Belfort.

Does anyone know if WOFF has MF-25's aerodrome at Vadelaincourt?

#4123630 - 05/23/15 01:07 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I like WOFFing with grandkids.

M O O N ....that spells fun with Grandkids, small fires, speared frogs, and BB guns. Showings animal tracks in the mud.... teaching them to hunt and shoot.

Can't wait till they come for two weeks this summer... We will have fun.

#4123638 - 05/23/15 01:21 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Cavalier57, I like seeing you air dry your long selve shirts.

Good on you for raising them !

Second duty ya didn't expect.
Gotta love a good motor bike too....why Harley for you?

Last edited by MudWasp; 05/23/15 01:31 AM. Reason: forgot sumtin
#4123716 - 05/23/15 07:55 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MudWasp]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Cavalier57, I like seeing you air dry your long selve shirts.

Good on you for raising them !

Second duty ya didn't expect.
Gotta love a good motor bike too....why Harley for you?

Because I love V twins,always been a "Vtwin kind of biker",I had mainly Ducatis ( yes I was a Sport Motorbiker) some Aprilias,a wonderfull Cagiva Raptor,even a Moto Guzzi many years ago...and I like HD bikes since ages,they are the "essence" of a motorcYcle.
It has come now because I am more a relaxed biker these days,I am done with mad runs on mountain passes,and all that adrenaline stuff,I just glide and take it easy now,still like going for turning and bending roads but with nonchalance,with style I would say..... biggrin

" In vino veritas "
#4123751 - 05/23/15 10:34 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Smosh]  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: Smosh
I would like to line up (for the cricket bat) and report for duty.

A few points that I believe make me eligible to belong to this esteemed group include but are not limited to:

Whenever I get into a car I turn the steering wheel to make sure the ailerons are working.

Much to the enjoyment of my son but consternation of my girlfriend, I am unable to resist making daka daka ar15 sounds when over taking trucks (two seaters)on the road.

When drunk, if I fall over, I get back to my feet saying "Any landing you walk away from..."

There is a bridge across a river that divides the city where I live. Once I cross that bridge I start to keep a sharp eye out as I'm now in enemy territory; my ex wife lives there biggrin

And everyday a little child waits...

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#4123757 - 05/23/15 11:27 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Lewis]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
Hi Maeran,

That's a snazzy looking one? is it for WOFF?

That would be a fine ambition. I don't know how to do that (yet). This one is intended for FSX. I've built it in accordance with the requirements for FSX so it should appear at least.

I can't say the Shorthorn is all mine, as it owes a bit of it's 3D and textures to Fighter Squadron WWI, but I made the Renault 8C for it and the improved interior and the Renault 12C for the Biz A version, I'm also making a Voison LA III and a H-Farman

Very nice. Please show us when you have them!

#4123820 - 05/23/15 03:30 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Maeran]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
Well in addition to the Voison, which is still in 3D development, I've got a few other planes in FlightGear:

A 1914 Bleriot Militaire.

The Henry Farman 20..

Sopwith Tabloid floatplane.

Caudron 10 meter trainer

#4123902 - 05/23/15 07:08 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
Those are beautiful planes, Lewis!

#4123942 - 05/23/15 08:41 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: CatKnight]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
Thanks CatKnight, I have to say they're inspired by the work Pol and the other 3D artists have put into OFF and WOFF.

Maybe this is too barmy, but... Has anyone tried porting in the Bleriot Militaire-2 that's available for CFS3, into OFF or WOFF? It would fill a small gap in early war aircraft.

Last edited by Lewis; 05/23/15 08:41 PM.

#4123948 - 05/23/15 09:02 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Alrighty Gents, I am at last back in camp and have some time to catch up on the goings on here.

Cavaliere57 and Smosh, both of you have presented credentials of impeccable barmyness and I say “Aye!” to each of you.

Lewis, as has been stated already, once a member always a member. And those are some gorgeous planes you’ve built there, only a barmy individual would spend so much time on such a project. To your question: I have brought the Bleriot into OFF and it worked fine, so I am betting it would work in WOFF as well. However, I don’t believe the devs can incorporate it officially into WOFF as it is not their property.

Maeran, that MF Shorthorn of yours is a beauty as well and is one of the planes I would very much like to see added to WOFF. Also, you appear to be one cylinder short of a rotary too, perhaps you’d like to become one of the daft, the touched, the barmy.

loftyc, some time back you asked about becoming a member of the BOC. As I noted then, you need only list a few of your qualifications.

I see a very large bender in the near future.

[Linked Image]

#4123959 - 05/23/15 09:16 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

I see a very large bender in the near future.

??

#4123970 - 05/23/15 09:32 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

hee hee - great minds Rick. I'd though of the same thing after I'd posted that line.

[Linked Image]

#4123992 - 05/23/15 10:14 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Rick, rofl

#4124120 - 05/24/15 07:43 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Great news Lou,let's Barmy..... cheers

" In vino veritas "
#4124129 - 05/24/15 09:38 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Time to make it all official then. Listen up you lot! We welcome two more into our ranks as both Cavaliere57 and Smosh, after displaying lapses in good judgement and common sense by asking to join our cadre, are now indeed gentlemen of questionable standing and shall be treated as such. BARKEEP! Two more bar tabs have just been created and must be abused, as must their soon-to-be debtors. Robert, the cricket bat if you will. BWOC BWOC BWOC!

[Linked Image]

#4124135 - 05/24/15 10:30 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

Time to make it all official then. Listen up you lot! We welcome two more into our ranks as both Cavaliere57 and Smosh, after displaying lapses in good judgement and common sense by asking to join our cadre, are now indeed gentlemen of questionable standing and shall be treated as such. BARKEEP! Two more bar tabs have just been created and must be abused, as must their soon-to-be debtors. Robert, the cricket bat if you will. BWOC BWOC BWOC!

And may I add, A toast to all! I feel safe in announcing that shortly it won't only be the cricket bat that is pickled!

(System_Specs)

#4124136 - 05/24/15 10:32 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Quite true Robert, assuming we've all done it up properly. cheers

[Linked Image]

#4124148 - 05/24/15 11:27 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Ah the bat.
It's gonna be a party alright.

#4124195 - 05/24/15 02:14 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Here,thank you Sir!

" In vino veritas "
#4124230 - 05/24/15 03:40 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Seems I just came in at the right time!
My congratulations, gentlemen, on your new memberships!
And now let's see, if we can drink you dry!
BWOC BWOC BWOC!!!

#4124338 - 05/24/15 09:01 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
Ok this round's on my tab, you all keep clucking, I'ma gonna go outside and shout at the moon..
"..... woof, woof, woof,.... Contact! ........ Woof! Woof! Woff!

But probably not all in that order, Oh, did you say order? I'll have another.. beercheers

#4124738 - 05/25/15 08:20 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Okay, Lewis. I'll take you up on that drink. I'll be the geriatric naked chap at the bar wearing riding boots and a fez. By the way, watch out for the others around here. They're a little eccentric.

#4124846 - 05/26/15 12:56 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Lewis]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Ok this round's on my tab, you all keep clucking, I'ma gonna go outside and shout at the moon..
"..... woof, woof, woof,.... Contact! ........ Woof! Woof! Woff!

But probably not all in that order, Oh, did you say order? I'll have another.. beercheers

Super...now look what you've done!

#4124869 - 05/26/15 02:18 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
bottles

Awww Rick, thatsh jusht bee-yooo-ti-ful. Welcome, Smash, I'm not smooshed...hic...

And a heartily welcome to the '57 Chevrolet! I'm thirsty.

Can a guy get beer around here? At least I'm not toooooooo....

<flump>

late!

(ow, that hurt.)

Cheers! beercheers

#4124926 - 05/26/15 08:33 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Greatttt Rick,that must have been Olham,I've seen an Albatross against the moon last night!

" In vino veritas "
#4124940 - 05/26/15 09:30 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

That wasn't me - the moon would show many more holes then, Cavaliere! winkngrin

#4124991 - 05/26/15 11:57 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
it washn't me I can tell ya. All I cann shee is thuh floor!

Barman! 'nuther round pleashe!

#4125096 - 05/26/15 02:34 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
It wasn't me either, I'm over here in the corner too busy playing my banjo.

#4125871 - 05/28/15 04:45 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
Zfmadgretz!

I thought I said shout not shout, er shooot............ now lookie, what one of youze done, Some,.... er somebodys gonna have to go up there,.......... an' spackle all those little holes, inna moon. It's not gonna be me, I'm too unsteady as,...........well I'm not standing. Fer no moon being fulla holes,.....that's just silly.

You... you just go ahead. Just go fire up the Fee, fly the hell up there, and you try an stand ona edge of the coaming and try an spackle all those bullet holes inna 70 knot wind.......inner face. While trying to spackle b, bullet holes, inna damn holey moon.

all Barmy! every single one uhya...... fer shooting up the poor moon....

#4126096 - 05/28/15 05:05 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Lewis, that was gold! thumbsup

#4126210 - 05/28/15 11:00 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Lewis]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Zfmadgretz!

I thought I said shout not shout, er shooot............ now lookie, what one of youze done, Some,.... er somebodys gonna have to go up there,.......... an' spackle all those little holes, inna moon. It's not gonna be me, I'm too unsteady as,...........well I'm not standing. Fer no moon being fulla holes,.....that's just silly.

You... you just go ahead. Just go fire up the Fee, fly the hell up there, and you try an stand ona edge of the coaming and try an spackle all those bullet holes inna 70 knot wind.......inner face. While trying to spackle b, bullet holes, inna damn holey moon.

all Barmy! every single one uhya...... fer shooting up the poor moon....

You did say shout, but I read shoot... bottles anyway, we all know how things can escalate when drunk shouting starts! right salute

#4126227 - 05/28/15 11:47 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
...Ok....I'm done with the internet until morning....I'm woff to kill a big frog on the bevaer swamp....the MOON is waxing....

#4126297 - 05/29/15 02:57 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
...I decided to go on a twilight beer run after tilling. Ran into a goat farmer that lives nearby when I hit the Inn/Tavern Bear Lake PA. Aall on the 5's for him for me check it out...I'lll do that. A goat is nothing more than a small deer in my mind for size...but those ears like a Hound Dog. Less mowing too...I'm a good butcher...

MOON.... that spells a good beer run, hellos, and something ODD to investigate.

salute IOOF...

#4126339 - 05/29/15 06:59 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Damm clouds had me down on my spear frog hunt. Then they broke so i could see better. Much is done by sound and silience, but I love spearing in the moonlight. MOON....does that spell manic? Stayed up way to long and still want to rrrRock & Roll. While I was standing on a mound in the total dark, Watchtower was Playing in my head.

Loud, Drunk, and still Awake....

#4128878 - 06/04/15 05:28 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Tonight I'm Dancing.......but I'm quiet with headphones on... MOON is Waning...Beaver travel trough the swamp and remind me of submarines...22 worked great when the state gave me permit to do so. Trapping I didn't care for...when I kill I like to see it then and there and react to make the kill clean and quick. I don't want my prey to suffer, traps bother me some in the way death comes.

I like the swamp by moonlight...
Might go Longbow...kept on my back when trident hunting frogs.
Being a Granpa reminds of being a kid, I'm rusty at being a kid...have to work on that.

A tune I'm in the mood for about moons.
Hope a big Harvest Moon comes my way fall, and for all of you too.

#4128880 - 06/04/15 05:36 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
One more before this frog shuts up for night.

#4128884 - 06/04/15 05:58 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
....and a Nutter One..

just like stories told in song.
It'll be my last MOON Spring singing... I let he bearded hen live another year, turkey season is over. I might name her/him/it Bruce or Caitlyn.

#4128892 - 06/04/15 06:47 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
cCromwell Offline
cCromwell  Offline

Having purused the requirements of this fine club I believe I have the attributes to become one of this select band of Brothers and would therefore like to apply.

So I do not make a fool of myself during initiation please let me know,

Which trouser leg do I have to roll up?

Which nipple must be exposed?

Which dodgy handshake to apply?

And most importantly a course to steer for the Mess bar?

Many thanks in advance.

#4128917 - 06/04/15 08:58 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: cCromwell]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Originally Posted By: cCromwell
Having purused the requirements of this fine club I believe I have the attributes to become one of this select band of Brothers and would therefore like to apply.

So I do not make a fool of myself during initiation please let me know,

Which trouser leg do I have to roll up?

Which nipple must be exposed?

Which dodgy handshake to apply?

And most importantly a course to steer for the Mess bar?

Many thanks in advance.

You need to post a picture of yourself wearing only underpants,and show your tongue,that's all!
The Mess is half mile to the NorthWest,in case of fog we blow a horn. cheers

" In vino veritas "
#4128945 - 06/04/15 10:43 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

cCromwell, you certainly sound barmy, and if you'd give us a few WOFF-specific examples of your daftness I'm sure we could speed things along for you.

[Linked Image]

#4128957 - 06/04/15 11:25 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
cCromwell Offline
cCromwell  Offline

First may I say that the wearing of the underpants is no problem. I may wait until July before submitting pictures as I put the pants in the Wash in June and therefore shall be pantless until they dry.

My flying of WOFF will also have to be curtailled during the washing/drying process as I fly by the seat of my pants and without the said smalls flying would be downright dangerous and fool hardy.

As for WOFF barmeyness, I could cite that it took me over a year before taking the plunge and purchasing it.

I have been trying to navigate the WOFF world using maps from "Flying Corp Gold". Did not go too well. deadhorse

Tried to taxi into a hangar...court marshall is up next Monday

Shot my own tail off whilst flying as gunner...Court marshall is up next Tuesday

Wanted to see what happened if I parked my aircraft in front of a train....Court marshall is up next Wednesday

Took a phone call on my mobile during finals told caller I was landing an aeroplane and I would call back. Then flew into a tree....Court marshall is up next Thursday. Later found out the caller was my Mother-in-Law

Using the same MS force Feed back that I purchased over 12 years ago

Do not use TIR

Hope that gives a measure of my unproffesional barmyness.

wave2

#4128970 - 06/04/15 12:04 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Yes - yes, I'd say your credentials are quite in order. VP Olham is currently on vacation but will be returning soon, and VP Dej is on secret assignment somewhere but does drop in occasionally. That being the case, I will ask for a show of hands from fellow BOC members. What say you lot - is this man barmy or what? "Aye" says I!

To your map/navigation barmyness, give these a try cCromwell: WOFF Map Set Update 3

[Linked Image]

#4128972 - 06/04/15 12:13 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: cCromwell]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
First may I say that the wearing of the underpants is no problem. I may wait until July before submitting pictures as I put the pants in the Wash in June and therefore shall be pantless until they dry.

My flying of WOFF will also have to be curtailled during the washing/drying process as I fly by the seat of my pants and without the said smalls flying would be downright dangerous and fool hardy.

As for WOFF barmeyness, I could cite that it took me over a year before taking the plunge and purchasing it.

I have been trying to navigate the WOFF world using maps from "Flying Corp Gold". Did not go too well. deadhorse

Tried to taxi into a hangar...court marshall is up next Monday

Shot my own tail off whilst flying as gunner...Court marshall is up next Tuesday

Wanted to see what happened if I parked my aircraft in front of a train....Court marshall is up next Wednesday

Took a phone call on my mobile during finals told caller I was landing an aeroplane and I would call back. Then flew into a tree....Court marshall is up next Thursday. Later found out the caller was my Mother-in-Law

Using the same MS force Feed back that I purchased over 12 years ago

Do not use TIR

Hope that gives a measure of my unproffesional barmyness.

wave2

We still need pictures for "confirmation".....

" In vino veritas "
#4128987 - 06/04/15 12:43 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Oh God no, please, no pictures! I've enough images stuck in my brain already that I'd just as soon never seen, so if you don't mind ...

[Linked Image]

#4129001 - 06/04/15 01:07 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Aye! I say he is sufficiently mentally bent! I am warming up the cricket bat as e speak!!

(System_Specs)

#4129043 - 06/04/15 02:12 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I vote Aye, can we really have too much barminess?

#4129278 - 06/04/15 08:09 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Dezh Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club
Dezh  Offline

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Pictures are definitely required Lou, the man has to prove: a) that he has a washing machine; b) that his underpants can fly it. Alternatively, an enormous bar bill trumps all and the rubber's his. Give 'im 'is badge.

*Addressing the barman of the bofficers' mess... A pint of Adnam's Broadside for me, Trevor. On the new guy, the one with the stutter. cheers

Last edited by Dezh; 06/04/15 08:10 PM.

Oh that I was back in the dear old PBI.
With no more Triplanes on me tail, nor tracer tracing by.
And no more flames and clickerty-clack and no more blooming sky,
And only a couple of feet to fall whenever I want to die.

No. 56 Squadron Song
#4129284 - 06/04/15 08:17 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Ah, very good! Dej has dropped by and given the second official "Oaky Doaky" required by our constitution for acceptance into our most honoured and venerable society - gawd, was that hard to say with a straight face - so then, cCromewll, welcome to the BOC. A bar tab has been started in your name and is already being abused, much as you will be once Robert has the cricket bat properly readied.

BARKEEP! A pint a' red and two fingers of the most expensive single malt you have on the shelf, all on cCromwell's tab. BWOC BWOC BWOC!

[Linked Image]

#4129290 - 06/04/15 08:23 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Another bar tab!
And the ritual spanking! Another fine night in the OFF'ing...

#4129308 - 06/04/15 08:45 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Dezh Offline
Dezh  Offline

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Another bar tab!
And the ritual spanking! Another fine night in the OFF'ing...

Ah, yes... the spanking. *Wipes eye nostalgically* Almost tempted to join all over again. Just like school... Brookfields boy, if you know what one means.

Last edited by Dezh; 06/04/15 08:50 PM.

Oh that I was back in the dear old PBI.
With no more Triplanes on me tail, nor tracer tracing by.
And no more flames and clickerty-clack and no more blooming sky,
And only a couple of feet to fall whenever I want to die.

No. 56 Squadron Song
#4129325 - 06/04/15 08:59 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
cCromwell Offline
cCromwell  Offline

Thank you for including me as one of your esteemed club. I too have partaken of the ale known as Adnams Broadside, I hope the bar also carrys Woodfords Nelsons Revenge...please remember he usually has his revenge about 3am. Underpants will definatly need washing.

Thank you also for opening my bar tab...and for testing it out....frequently by all accounts. Please advise me when I am expected to pay it....I will ensure it is paid once my Granny has accepted my sob story of the Squadron Dog needing a false leg and has forwarded the required funds.

I hope the cricket bat has been well oiled...if they are not oiled they have a tendency to split, this can effect the stroke and worse leave splinters,...I know this as I went to public school. Yes Dezh...I was that boy.

Let us all remember we are officers and Gentlmen and should behave as such. Therefore I will NOT be submitting photographs of myself in a state of undress as 1) I do not wish to overshadow my fellow mess members 2) Over excite any Lady members and 3) Add to the charges of my court marshall case which is up next Friday. How was I to know she was Haig's Grandaughter? I only asked if she wanted to see my Pitot Tube.

I now retire to my room to work out new excuses for dodging tomorrows missions....and mess bill. goodnight

Last edited by cCromwell; 06/04/15 09:08 PM.
#4129340 - 06/04/15 09:29 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: cCromwell]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

I hope the cricket bat has been well oiled...if they are not oiled they have a tendency to split, this can effect the stroke and worse leave splinters,...I know this as I went to public school. Yes Dezh...I was that boy.

Oh, not to worry cCromwell. The cricket bat has spent a fortnight in my pickling vat owing to needing a proper stirring stick. I have wiped it down properly and applied a judicious amount of castor oil from the stores. It should hold out well. At least as well as you I suspect! biggrin

Now where is my Black and Tan!

BWOC, BWOC, BWOC

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 06/04/15 09:29 PM.

(System_Specs)

#4129801 - 06/05/15 05:01 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
You silly English K-nggits da l' aire.... you really think you have the maboul, as you say, down pat?

No my friends, we French invented la fou.. Observe and learn..

Even our aircraft designers are farfelu.

#4129814 - 06/05/15 05:19 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
This is for you Banjoman let Barmyness rule! Last "trip" to Tulsa wave

" In vino veritas "
#4129857 - 06/05/15 06:27 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Thanks Cavaliere, of course it goes without saying, but that song would be a lot better with some banjo. biggrin

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.