Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
#4065205 - 01/17/15 07:06 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. *** [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
CFM info here:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4057818/CFM....COMING_SOON.#Post4057818

Disregard all the TFM-412 references, this will go on a clean 4.12.2 with SAS modact, as stated in the manual.

There is also a new download link for the up sfs files needed:
CFM_UP_SFS.RAR - For all required SFS dependency.
DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/?4031xcu3mkpgv73

Due any day now.

#4065226 - 01/17/15 07:56 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: knightgames]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: knightgames

I'm borderline contempt for this company. As beautiful as this game looks and as much as I would love to have a next gen WW2 sim, I just don't care any more. That's too bad. This... ummmmm..... game had potential.

I am right there with you, in fact you have now reached where I reached here a few weeks ago.
Thank goodness for TF Cliffs and 1946 mods.

As it stands now, 1C/777 will never get another dime from me again.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4065271 - 01/17/15 10:03 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Reading all the freaking text walls of complaining about the unlocks is hilarious. It's like watching a group of people stand around and argue for hours about how to cross a 2' deep river. None of you have aparently played the campaign enough to figure out how easy it is to unlock everything. All the unlocks for one plane could be done in about 2 hours. But to you all it's like some insurmountable obstacle and the end of the world!
dizzy

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4065275 - 01/17/15 10:09 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Originally Posted By: SharpeXB
Reading all the freaking text walls of complaining about the unlocks is hilarious. It's like watching a group of people stand around and argue for hours about how to cross a 2' deep river. None of you have aparently played the campaign enough to figure out how easy it is to unlock everything. All the unlocks for one plane could be done in about 2 hours. But to you all it's like some insurmountable obstacle and the end of the world!
dizzy

Why do you keep making this stuff up?

Anyways, you and your "peers" still don't get it. Its the way they did it, and continuing to do it.

For me, its a matter of principle now because i cant stand stupidity in any form. And before you ask, yes, i can totally live with it if they go belly up.

#4065276 - 01/17/15 10:12 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
dizzy

If I sold you a car for $$, and then once you took possession of it...I locked down the AC, Radio, CD, automatic keyless entry, etc

And told you, no worries!...Just drive it cross country and by the time you get to Alaska...it will all be unlocked

And if you break the speed limit.....you can have them unlocked by the time you hit Vancouver BC

I am sure that you luv it....being from the free state of Texas and all biggrin

The furor over there on unlocks, etc, etc and now it's a "Combat Flight Game"...just shows that the Barbarians are not at the gate over there...they are running the place

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4065279 - 01/17/15 10:14 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
dizzy

careful guys, it's the thought police

#4065280 - 01/17/15 10:15 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Sunchaser]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Sunchaser
CFM info here:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4057818/CFM....COMING_SOON.#Post4057818

Disregard all the TFM-412 references, this will go on a clean 4.12.2 with SAS modact, as stated in the manual.

There is also a new download link for the up sfs files needed:
CFM_UP_SFS.RAR - For all required SFS dependency.
DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/?4031xcu3mkpgv73

Due any day now.

Hi Sunchaser,

Quick question...I'm totally familiar with DBW and I also run 4.12.1

But I've only dabbled with early versions of TFM, so:

With DBW I can run virtually any DBW and UPC user made campaign.

With 4.12.1 I can run virtually any "stock" user made campaign.

With TFM am I looking only for TFM user made campaigns, or is TFM generally compatible with either "stock" or "DBW/UPC" campaigns also.

Thanks!

P.S. For those who have never owned IL-2 1946, if you add up the number of missions in the combined "stock" and "DBW/UPC" user made campaigns it comes out to over 13,000 missions which is roughly 13,000 gaming hours! Add to that the Lowengrin or Asura Dynamic Campaign Generators and you've got a lifetime of gaming!

And many of these campaigns are created by guys who go through a book they are reading chapter by chapter and recreate the events described by the author. These user made campaigns are the closest thing to feeling like you are participating in history that we'll probably ever see. Many of these user made campaigns are much more extensive than anything ever produced by a professional gaming company. And TFM flexes IL-2 1946's muscles more than any other 1946 enhancement. But it used to be very tedious to install and keep up with TFM. Now it won't be anymore!

1. Buy IL-2 1946 for $5 or $10
2. Update it to v4.12.2
3. Install CFM (which is the new compressed version of TFM)

...and in about 30 minutes you will have the most advanced Combat Flight SIMULATOR made. CloD is very nice indeed, but the breadth and depth of IL-2 1946 is by far without equal.

Go here for user made campaigns: Mission4Today.com

...and here for lots of great info and more stuff to download for IL-2 1946: Special Aircraft Service 1946 (aka SAS 1946)

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4065281 - 01/17/15 10:25 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Does anyone know it SweetFX/FlightFX work in 1946?

#4065286 - 01/17/15 10:40 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
None of you have aparently played the campaign enough to figure out how easy it is to unlock everything.

That ain't the point!

As 1CGS has said themselves, 90 to 95% of BoS customers are SP players. The BoS SP Campaign with its storyline centered around the unlocks is dull and boring. That's the point!

I'm happy for you if you think the SP Campaign is fun. But for the vast majority of BoS customers (who are single player customers by the way) the SP Campaign is dull and boring. That is why the unlocks are so disliked.

For MP players they also stand as an impediment to getting on with playing MP. The unlocks force MP players into a playing style they don't like...namely SP. But MP players only make up about 5 to 10% of BoS customers. So telling us how quickly we can run through the unlocks misses the point entirely for most players.

And I don't think the "Thick as a Brick" marketing approach is working too well for 1CGS:

1. Boy, we really don't like the unlocks.
1CGS: Here is a skin viewer!

2. Boy, we really don't like the unlocks.
1CGS: Here is an oxygen mask!

3. Boy, we really don't like the unlocks.
1CGS: Here are Techno Chat Icons!

4. Boy, we really don't like the unlocks.
1CGS: We're working on a Ju-52!

Boy, we really don't like the unlocks.

#4065291 - 01/17/15 10:52 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
Does anyone know it SweetFX/FlightFX work in 1946?

I tried it using OpenGL and it failed -- black screen --- I had to use Steam to identify the two DLL's that were removed/changed and then had Steam replace then and game was back to working

Have not tried it with DX8

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4065292 - 01/17/15 10:58 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
Bucksnort, is this your question?

With TFM am I looking only for TFM user made campaigns, or is TFM generally compatible with either "stock" or "DBW/UPC" campaigns also.

There is so much content and so many changes in maps and vehicles and effects that there must certainly be conflicts.
There is this for NEW-TFM:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36018.0.html
MONTY'S MASSIVE DGEN EXPANSION
144 OF THE BEST DGEN CAMPAIGNS - FOR NEW-TFM LEVEL 34
Both MODDED and STANDARD DGEN with an easy way to switch!

It is for 4.10 with DBW and NEW-TFM.

The difference between 4.10 and 4.12.2 is reportedly great and SAS~MONTY27 who put it all together has said 4.10 is obsolete, thus he built TFM-412 which he now has updated and renamed to CFM and I would advise anyone to use CFM to gain the most optimized version of 1946.

When it is available Monty said he and others will work on updating campaigns, etc. to be compatible.

#4065295 - 01/17/15 11:09 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

dizzy

No the unlocks can be had really fast if you want to just "game the game" and go at it. My last mission in the IL-2 earned 480 points in 20 minutes just for a short ground support. To test how fast it could be done I scored 300 points in 15 minutes in the LaGG. It only takes about 2,000 points for each plane.

Last edited by SharpeXB; 01/17/15 11:11 PM.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4065299 - 01/17/15 11:16 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
dizzy

No the unlocks can be had really fast if you want to just "game the game" and go at it. My last mission in the IL-2 earned 480 points in 20 minutes just for a short ground support. To test how fast it could be done I scored 300 points in 15 minutes in the LaGG. It only takes about 2,000 points for each plane.

And 90 to 95% of BoS customers don't care about how fast you can get the unlocks.

#4065300 - 01/17/15 11:19 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Sunchaser]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Sunchaser
Bucksnort, is this your question?

There is so much content and so many changes in maps and vehicles and effects that there must certainly be conflicts.
There is this for NEW-TFM:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36018.0.html
MONTY'S MASSIVE DGEN EXPANSION
144 OF THE BEST DGEN CAMPAIGNS - FOR NEW-TFM LEVEL 34
Both MODDED and STANDARD DGEN with an easy way to switch!

It is for 4.10 with DBW and NEW-TFM.

The difference between 4.10 and 4.12.2 is reportedly great and SAS~MONTY27 who put it all together has said 4.10 is obsolete, thus he built TFM-412 which he now has updated and renamed to CFM and I would advise anyone to use CFM to gain the most optimized version of 1946.

When it is available Monty said he and others will work on updating campaigns, etc. to be compatible.

Ok, thanks Sunchaser...got it! thumbsup

#4065304 - 01/17/15 11:30 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: KodiakJac]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
dizzy

And 90 to 95% of BoS customers don't care about how fast you can get the unlocks.

Ole Sharpee does not understand....

It's not about the destination....speed does not matter

It's about the journey

And people are flat tired of driving through Death Valley at this point biggrin

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4065305 - 01/17/15 11:41 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: KodiakJac]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

None of you have aparently played the campaign enough to figure out how easy it is to unlock everything.

That ain't the point!

As 1CGS has said themselves, 90 to 95% of BoS customers are SP players. The BoS SP Campaign with its storyline centered around the unlocks is dull and boring. That's the point!

I'm happy for you if you think the SP Campaign is fun. But for the vast majority of BoS customers (who are single player customers by the way) the SP Campaign is dull and boring. That is why the unlocks are so disliked.

For MP players they also stand as an impediment to getting on with playing MP. The unlocks force MP players into a playing style they don't like...namely SP. But MP players only make up about 5 to 10% of BoS customers. So telling us how quickly we can run through the unlocks misses the point entirely for most players.

And I don't think the "Thick as a Brick" marketing approach is working too well for 1CGS:

I didn't say it wasn't boring. Gaming the game is boring. But instead of writing another text wall about the unlocks. Just Start Mission 2x to the target and back. Take off. Shoot it up. Go back and collect your points. Do that 6x and you're done with that plane. Then you can stop complaining.

#4065307 - 01/17/15 11:46 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
An estimate of time should not be given on a best case scenario, that is misleading information, besides I've lost count of the missions I've been successfully flying home from only to have a CTD

#4065309 - 01/17/15 11:57 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: SharpeXB]  
mugwump Offline
mugwump  Offline

Vancouver, Canuckistan

That ain't the point!

I didn't say it wasn't boring. Gaming the game is boring. But instead of writing another text wall about the unlocks. Just Start Mission 2x to the target and back. Take off. Shoot it up. Go back and collect your points. Do that 6x and you're done with that plane. Then you can stop complaining.

OK, unlock all the stuff and then what? The farce that is the campaign can't be reset. There's no mission editor. There's so sense of continuity. There's no career mode to create and track a pilot's or a squadron's accomplishments through the campaign. There's nothing to do but fly the same boring missions over and over and over again to no greater purpose. The AI is still broken, the map is lifeless and the gameplay is shallow and unfulfiling.

You'll notice that nobody's actually talking about the gameplay anymore either here or at the official forums. The conversation is all either a post-mortem of what went wrong or desperate wish-casting for how it might yet be saved.

Not a good sign.

S = k ln W
#4065310 - 01/17/15 11:59 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
at this stage the drive to encourage people to endure the unlocks is sounding a little sinister, as if it is designed to subliminally to turn you into one of......'them'

#4065316 - 01/18/15 12:39 AM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Revvin]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Originally Posted By: Revvin
An estimate of time should not be given on a best case scenario, that is misleading information, besides I've lost count of the missions I've been successfully flying home from only to have a CTD

Sure you can get shot down but that doesn't happen often. Go get the target and get out. I would have done this in half the time if I followed my own advice. Don't stick around the action point looking for more action. That's always went you get hit. Just go RTB

Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.