#4063754 - 01/14/15 03:15 PM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
lol Coot!

I see you picked up BF4 for the pc as well, I have it too however my computer does not run it very well, I hope to upgrade soon. Perhaps we could hook up and kick some sorry butt! Or more likely have our butts kicked smile

#4063766 - 01/14/15 03:35 PM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Hey bisher I'd love to. I haven't tried it out yet. Hoping it runs decent for me. Let me know when you're ready to team up. I'm ready for another weapon and gadget grind and some fun multiplayer.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4063974 - 01/14/15 10:38 PM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Please tell me this is the low settings, this looks nothing like the previs i saw, if this is the pc version shame on them.

#4063983 - 01/14/15 11:23 PM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

As with many games Blade the screenshots don't do it justice. A lot is lost in translation. I've got seven hours clocked on the PS4 and nine on PC. Love this game and its only a prologue. May not be everyone's cup of tea but all the folks crying and accusing it of being a demo appear to me as though they are intentionally not trying to get it or understand it. There's a lot of content packed into it. Kojima's doing a great job.

#4063989 - 01/14/15 11:44 PM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
i asked on steam but got trolled, so is this just one enemy base to sandbox ? are tehre not any stage level with misssions ?

#4064012 - 01/15/15 01:07 AM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

The main mission is "Ground Zeroes". Its a stealth game with lots to do so if that approach is taken, the main mission can take several hours if you take your time and soak everything in. Listening to the cassette tapes is great too. Also you can rescue other prisoners or take captive Marines and have your chopper take them away. From my understanding if you use the upload save data option, all these assets that you "acquire" will be already recruited for you and present when you buy Phantom Pain. thumbsup

The mission area is a secret naval prison facility in Cuba. The main base and some outlying areas are sandbox. You can approach from multiple angles and leave from multiple angles. You can stealth it or go guns a blazing which isn't fun and you won't last too long. When you complete the main mission, it unlocks other stuff including the hard difficulty setting as well as a few more missions that take place at the same base at different times of day and at an earlier time period timeline-wise as when the Ground Zeroe mission takes place. If you find all XOF patches while playing Ground Zeroes before you choose to end your mission, it unlocks two other missions.(I did this for pc)

The side missions are very fun at least they are to me and I keep finding new little details even after almost twenty hours in. Apparently the full game release of Phantom Pain will return you with the wall taping and so much more that can be described here.

I bought the pc version as a litmus test for my pc and out of curiosity because of the praise it received for being a port. From my experience they are correct. Its a very good port and many folks have been able to run it well on machines with below minimum specs.

I like this Fox engine couple with Kojima's signature eye for details at game level and production values. I think personally that for me Phantom Pain is going to be an exceptional game and I can't wait.

#4064021 - 01/15/15 01:17 AM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

And things don't play out the same way twice. One of the side missions has you infiltrating the base again to meet up with an undercover agent to get a tape from him of goings on in the base. On PS4 I found the guy in a totally different area as when I played the same mission again on pc today. I also got to him right away that time. Today I chose to go another route by lighting up a search light as a sign to him as suggested by your support. He's undercover and not necessarily on your side so he will set off and alert if you're not careful. And you have to pay attention to the briefing. I was told to grab him which was a sign to him that this was the operative coming to get the tape. I forgot this the first time and just approached him and I tripped the alarms.(all the units have radios and can communicate and put the whole base on alert) Second time around I remembered to sneak up and grab him. He then went on to say that he left the tape in the base's comms tower.

Now on the PS4 play through that is indeed where I found it. But random stuff can happen in-game and different outcomes can happen. Today on pc while sneaking towards the base, I apprehended a random Marine who was in my way and when I interrogated him, he somehow had the tape and I therefore didn't have to approach the comms tower. I also decided to take him via chopper too as I found it interesting that this guy had the tape this time and even your support made a comment "How did the tape get in his hands"? When I loaded him up, instead of just seeing me load him up as I've done with many other prisoners and Marines, it took the time to tell me that I had "loaded the bald Marine". And he was indeed bald. So it leaves me wondering what that might mean and open up if anything if I happened to run into him at Mother Base when I play Phantom Pain.

PS.

When you end a mission, be patient and wait for the credits to end. Kojima even gives you sound bites and info after seemingly lite missions.

#4064025 - 01/15/15 01:25 AM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Coot, I've finished the prologue and the main menue says I have completed 6%, does that mean of the prologue or of what is to be the entire game?

#4064043 - 01/15/15 02:30 AM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I think it means a percentage of what actually is in the Ground Zeroes release. (I think I saw someone on Steam with a 95% completion and they were asking what was left to do to get to 100%)

Some of the things to pursue for me wouldn't be something I'd want to do.(Like trying to get the fastest speed record for tagging all enemies on the map) That kind of thing has never appealed to me.

I will be replaying the Ground Zeroes mission on the "Hard" difficulty setting though. There's the side mission I described above, another mission requiring all AAA sites to be destroyed(using C4 one at a time from a distance is AWESOME), another side mission which I found very entertaining where you have to dispatch two shady Vietnam War snipers, the Deja Vu mission which you unlock by finding all XOF patches(I used an online guide to find them all. You can alt tab out of game quite easily to read guide), there's another side mission to destroy biobot guys, and another side mission which I posted here from my PS4 experience which was also cool because it had you know who in it.

There's different cassette tapes to be found as well. I'm not sure on the specifics though as how to achieve 100%. Mainly its only the missions and any story related content that interests me.

Another challenge would be to disable the last chance shot or whatever its called option in the game. Basically if you aren't paying attention and get to close to an enemies line of site or drop down in front of someone you did not know was there(I've accidentally done that before) the sound goes tense and the game goes slo-mo to allow you one chance and one chance only to quiet and enemy before the alarm goes off. I kind of like having it on at least while I'm learning the base. But that certainly adds a level of realism and difficulty because you have to pay attention to your surroundings. Taking that option off plus playing on Hard should be interesting. I'll let you all know how that plays out and if it does so any differently when I give that kind of play through a shot.

You can also set what music plays when you call your chopper to come pick up your "acquired" personnel or when you leave.

BTW, I'm using a console controller to play this game. I enjoyed the PS4 controller very much and for me there's no other way to play it as its just too ergonomic and comfortable. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and it works like a charm. I just use its default gamepad binding save for inverting the Y-axis. For example the right bumper brings up your binocs. The thumbstick zooms at different levels but just the other day(another detail, albeit a small one but still useful and a pleasant surprise) the up and down on the d-pad performs a gradual zoom in and zoom out for the binocs.

Here's the XOF patch location guide I used.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes/X.O.F._Patches

Last edited by Coot; 01/15/15 02:37 AM.

#4064245 - 01/15/15 02:34 PM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for that Coot!

Yes I prefer my xbox controller as well

I'm going to have to go back and do some exploring smile

#4064452 - 01/16/15 12:11 AM Re: Nap time with Snake [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I also discovered you can pull guys off the spotlight towers when you are on the ladder. Also you can strategize your sleep darts. Hit a guy just once somewhere on the body and it takes a minute for it to kick in.

Also when you hold up guys, you can make them lie down on the ground. I was able to do this with two guards at the same time once.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.