Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4060651 - 01/07/15 11:36 AM DCS: Online Idiocy at its Best  
Ironroad Offline
Ironroad  Offline

That is pretty much how I feel after a recent online encounter hosted on the 104th Phoenix Server. That server is usually busy and its not hard to get a good dogfight in with some very skilled and talented DCS players from around the world. Normally during missions there is a massive wall of RED fighters that meet head-on with a wall of opposing BLUE fighters, resorting in a melee of AA-10s and AIM-120s dancing in the sky. Tonight it seemed like everyone was ground pounding, so I figured I'd troll buzz a few friendly A-10s and give them a nice little air show.

Date: 7 January 2015
Mode: Online force on force scenario
Aircraft: F-15C Eagle of the 493rd Fighter Squadron
Tail Number: 44
Loadout: 2x AIM-9M, 2x AIM-120C, 2x AIM-120B, 2x AIM-7M, 3x 600 US gallons (2,300 L) external drop tanks, and 1x 20 mm (0.787 in) M61A1 Vulcan 6-barreled Gatling cannon with 940 rounds

Synopsis: During the brief 20 min sortie I managed to shoot down one SU-27 FLANKER threatening a flight of A-10s to the NE. However, my aircraft also took damage from ground fire, to include the loss of my left engine, loss of my left vertical stabilizer, shrapnel damaged to the aircraft's flaps and speed brake, and unspecified damage to the rear of the aircraft. In addition, I expended all available munitions during this sortie.

Disposition: Aircraft was able to return to a friendly airfield; however, aircraft suffered additional damage upon landing. Aircraft's tires are blown and the it is currently stuck tail down in the mud on the NE side of the runway.

Pictures with descriptions from sortie are enclosed below

20 seconds I buzzed one A-10C with a knife edge pass and popped flares in his face, a saw a big red tracer streak across the canopy. 23 on the TEWs? The Russians don't use the MIG-23 anymore? Oh sh%t!, fire the left engine! Shut that joker down! Oh crap a crow-screw missile contrail from the ground, these a$$holes are trying to kill me! Need to punch tanks and to get out of this mess.

That's not good...

That airborne threat on the TEWS keeps creeping closer and closer, feels like he is following me. I can't fight with this guy, maybe I can scare him a bit, fox three!

All hell, he is still closing, let's go STT fire everything.

Takes care of that, hopefully I can find a friendly airfield before I lose all of my fluids (the aircraft and me in my pants).

Found one, now I need to bleed some speed...that's not good

Ok, aircraft pitching up and rolling to the right, FCS is acting up, better go easy.

Almost...

Aerobrake time...wait a min aircraft is pitching on its own and the a$$ is scrapping

Toe breaks ok, but nose wheel steering is not responding, sigh, welp I had a good run, thank god I put on some clean underwear today.

I can't tell is the plane is dipping back due to damage or because the massive dump I just cut loose in my flight suit.

Lesson Learned: Don't be an idiot, and showing off gets you into but trouble...

Last edited by Ironroad; 01/07/15 01:54 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4060661 - 01/07/15 12:48 PM Re: DCS: Online Idiocy at its Best [Re: Ironroad]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Fun story. smile

Nice landing anyway, if you can walk away from it...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4061439 - 01/09/15 03:09 AM Re: DCS: Online Idiocy at its Best [Re: Ironroad]  
witchking Offline
witchking  Offline

thanks for sharing Rich. I always enjoy these AAR. Unfortunately I am too terrible at evading/quick reactions in a battle situation and always end up dead within the first few minutes in the warzone. lol

aka "aquarius_varun"
-------------------------------------------------
∟ояď of tђє תẵΖğύl

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.