Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4052369 - 12/17/14 11:13 PM Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Lots of Pics/minor spoilers) PS4  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Oh I love this game. Call me a kook but though I've played MGS games for years and still have a hard time wrapping my head around what the heck is going on and who is who, dizzy I love this stuff. And I also HATE boss fights and these games are known for them lol. Its sort of like a huge, military and conspiracy based soap opera with stealth and special forces type missions. And this prologue to the newest iteration I personally find to be very good and an improvement control and interface-wise from its predecessors now set in a more open world.

I've always appreciated the story telling in these games albeit confusing for me and the awesome attention to details and just little things that you can do in-game. And this new Fox Engine looks great. Animations are really fluid and slick.(much better than SC Black List in my opinion. I also love the 70s tech look and feel.(you have a cassette player to listen to intel) I can't wait until the full game Phantom Pain comes out. Though its disappointing to not have David Hayter voice acting Snake, Kiefer Sutherland does a good job.

I'm tasked with destroying at least 3 AAA sites in preparation for an incoming helicopter raid on this U.S. Navy black site located in southern Cuba. I try to go not lethal but being a daytime op and that the base is on full alert, it was unavoidable for me to have to use lethal force.

Okay there are some spoilers here in this mission but nothing major so don't continue to look and read from this point if you've not played this side mission yet and that's what I'd recommend.

In this night mission I've been tasked with rescuing a "VIP" who was working undercover at the base and who is now fleeing for his life. This is a full on assault mission where much of it has me providing fire support from the open door of a helicopter. The dude is trying to escape in a jeep and I must provide over watch. He eventually gets cornered and his jeep rendered useless. He then gets injured and I have to leave the chopper to rescue him.

Okay, call me crazy but I think I just rescued the man himself, Hideo Kojima lol. Awesome! I'll let you all who play this find out for yourselves what he says to you. Good thing I was successful(at least the second time around lol) because we need Phantom Pain released. As my reward for saving his hide, I wonder if he'd be willing to release the second part of the game early?

Because of the open world structure and your choice of execution, the same missions don't play out the same way twice. I find normal setting to be pretty difficult. And for being a prologue with the extras I've gotten quite a few hours into it already. I imagine playing the main game when it comes out with its huge world locations and on more difficult settings we're probably going to be getting an extremely high quality product with loads to do even outside of the main story.

Last edited by Coot; 12/18/14 08:13 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4052418 - 12/18/14 01:10 AM Re: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Lots of Pics/minor spoilers) [Re: Coot]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Great shots!

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4052867 - 12/18/14 08:34 PM Re: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Lots of Pics/minor spoilers) [Re: Coot]  
kestrel79 Offline
kestrel79  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
I just played this last week! My local LIBRARY had it for ps4. Crazy huh. Rented it for 2 weeks. Beat the main mission plus a few side missions on normal.

I love MGS games, the story is crazy but very good. After playing I recently rewatched all the cutscenes on youtube.

I want to rerent it and play again. You can play each mission differently each time. I like sneaking around more, but it's fun to go all guns blazing once and a while as well.

Phantom Pain will be amazing. If it has a coop mode it will be amazing to sneak around with a friend working together.

Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
#4052924 - 12/18/14 09:57 PM Re: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Lots of Pics/minor spoilers) [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I agree great stuff. Can't wait to stealth around the desert dispatching bad guys and "acquiring" people and equipment using the Fulton surface-to-air recovery system. cool

I love the main mission set at night and during a thunderstorm. Just oozes atmosphere and what helps is great lighting and dynamic lights.

I just noticed this was released today on PC on Steam. Reviewers are saying its an extremely well done port running smooth as butter. So tempting but it still looks great on my PS4 and a 46" tv.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.