Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4038221 - 11/20/14 04:24 AM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Been a bit lax with this..sorry for potato quality pics, none of these are mine.

Current Status.

Unofficial .51 11/19 Changelog

Improvised Ghillie suit (Head and chest pieces)

Improvised Camo for rifles

Note: This goes on a LOT of guns.

Ghillie is sprayable Green and Mossy

Serverside fixes and bugs

Can fill up canteens at wells again

Netting Image

Zluta cola machines are now Pipsi Machines

Hot/Cold seems to be tweaked significantly

Unconfirmed:

Bugs:

[Gear] Painting the ghillie on a gun will make the ghillie drop on the ground

[Loot] The magnetic poles of Earth seem to have switched due to Global Warming

and of course you can kill, skin and cook humans now. Enjoy your man flesh a raw human flesh. Seriously, who writes this stuff ???

As well as plenty of other changes, enhancements, modifications, and bug squashing that we'll let you all discover on your own. Experimental branch servers are temporarily not announcing restart schedules while we update the scheduling system to adapt to server side changes - so be careful out there!

Per usual, every experimental branch update also includes a purge of the experimental hive - so don't be too concerned if you spawn in fresh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre .51 update Dev post

Now that 0.50 has rolled out to stable branch, the focus of the team shifts to the incremental roll out of 0.51 for November’s monthly stable branch update. As with any monthly stable branch update, this comes with several new features, functional changes to existing systems, and its own unique collection of bugs and general game play issues. Those who encounter any frustrating blockers to their gameplay experience on either stable or experimental branch are encouraged to utilize the DayZ feedback tracker at feedback.dayzgame.com.

Looking towards the 0.51 update and the Christmas break, in addition to the obvious feature and functional goals - Server side performance is paramount. Addressing critical issues and blockers in releasing 0.50 on schedule has resulted in reduced server performance and with our end of year feature/functional goals coming up the programming team is focused on ensuring a smooth and solid server side frame rate. Experimental/Unstable servers will be used to profile and test 0.51’s performance throughout the month, so if you are looking to participate in this stress testing - make sure to opt into Experimental branch!

On experimental branch this week we’ve pushed out several new security related hotfixes, as well as pushing BattlEye’s upcoming changes. As always with security, working in tandem with our external partners (BattlEye and VAC) as well as observing exploits and behavior on experimental and stable branch servers allow us to iterate, and address via experimental > stable branch update paths.

It is important again to understand that during the Early Access Alpha period of DayZ’s development vulnerabilities will be introduced as the engine and systems surrounding it are created. Addressing these vulnerabilities and iterating via the experimental > stable branch update path is a constant tug of war. Through utilizing the DayZ feedback tracker to properly report valid information and issues encountered surrounding these areas, we can more quickly “patch the holes”

This Friday (the 14th) we had the first of our “dev play sessions” on experimental branch and the footage captured during this stream will be edited and commentated over in next weeks “dev experimental branch discussion” video to be released in next weeks Status Report. It is our hopes that combining general developer experimental branch gameplay with a “directors style commentary” alternating weekly will allow both the light hearted side of seeing the team play and experiment with systems in development, and the more serious gameplay and design oriented development discussion that the dev experimental branch discussion videos will allow.

This paired with the upcoming restructuring of the Dev Hub, as well as moving the Status Reports to Fridays and rolling out “Update Notes” for Wednesday experimental branch releases (via the dev hub) will be the first step towards increasing community/developer interaction moving forward into 2015.

Don’t forget about our private shard contest, announced during last weeks Status Report. Submissions are still being accepted! - Brian Hicks / Lead Producer

Peter / Lead Game Designer

“Not much has changed since the last status report update on our front. Vehicle implementation is still flagged with the highest priority. There are of course some issues down the road which needs to be tackled to some extent so it can be considered ready to go for public testing. We advanced a bit as we were passed the vehicle physics parameters in configuration to set up car behavior correctly which is not an easy task and can take countless hours of tweaking and balancing to get the feeling right and believable. For example we already had iteration where our beloved “V3S” was acting like a boat or was falling on its sides while steering.

At Thursday and Friday we had a visit from part of the Bratislava team here to talk about features and design. It was nice to have them there and discuss things in details - like animals, cooking and horticulture. In meantime we’ve added MP-133 with pistol grips and fixed walkie talkies. We also added one more way to gather meat. Apart from that there are some new issues with restraining and struggling which we are taking the care of now. We are also revisiting the way how the suicide was supposed to be working and if everything goes fine it will be seamlessly integrated into the gameplay at the end.

Come get some… see you in Chernarus folks!”

Chris / Lead Artist

“This week, I’ve been working closely with Peter regarding design of the V3S and will be working on a high quality interior of the V3S with functional gauges. The initial implementation of the V3S will have some placeholder interior as the high quality version is being created.

We have also finished the prison uniform and are closing in on finishing the prison complex, which will be an interesting area to explore. We plan to also create prison-themed zombies which you will have to face if you want to explore the facility.

The Steyr AUG model is done and we will soon send it for animations, cfg, and sounds. I am optimistic that it can be in for next stable release but its worth saying that it will be the base version only. We are looking into swapping barrels to convert from the standard AUG to an HBAR version.

The military tent is also finished. I expect it will be found in next stable release.”

Standup Notes for the week of 10 Nov 14
(Note: Standup notes are not a change log - they are a quick high level look at tasks the teams worked on throughout this week)

Art:
• Prison Complex
• High fidelity V3S instrument panel
• Steyr AUG
• Prison-themed zombies

Animation:
• Mp133 Pistol Grip Reload Animation done
• Player Suicide Animations in Progress
• Vehicle animations
• Throwing in crouch and prone
• Animation changes for new controls
• Zombies with new AI
• Vehicles

Design:
• Configs and scripts for new items (V3S Praga, MP-133 with pistol grips)
• Fixing restrain/struggling
• Fixing walkie talkies
• Fixing suicide
• Vehicles
• Horticulture
• Cooking
• Damage system

Programming:

• Critical inventory fixes
• Vehicle settings for physical simulations
• New gamecontrols
• Loot distribution improvements
• Zombie/Animal AI
• Player connection issues (possibility of attacking players before they can play)
• Character duplication fixes

Last edited by Ajay; 11/20/14 04:28 AM.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4040579 - 11/24/14 11:46 PM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Latest Experimental - VEHICLES ARE IN.

Dayz Dev Eugenharton

I wanted to preface this, as we are going out with vehicles this soon into their implementation, only to be sure that performance impact is as expected and we can continue on this course. Currently the vehicles (as a feature) are very rough, however the underlying structure is there. Ranging from visual bugs, to physics issues. You can expect anything. We are aware of most of them.

Although the data for parts and some tech is there, the systems need to be configured. You can expect to drive the vehicle, use it for transport of you and your codriver from point A to point B. However for this experimental you dont need to repair anything and you can find vehicles easily. This will not be the case later in their development. We increased the number of available vehicles by a great amount so you can have fun and break them.

Animations

Wheels overturning is visual bug with animation source and simulation itself . Its annoying, however we do have to ignore it for this experimental. As for other animation bugs. We removed the move in/move out animation for the release and will fix the issues we were having with its implementation. The wheel and doors are animated however the visuals themselves might change.

Ragdoll/Collision/Physics

Most of it is tuning of all the knobs (weight,suspension,force, and a lot more etc.) and finding solutions for problems that are out of the normal range. The results can be go from minor to catastrophic, like, vehicle moving from shooting, player force moving a vehicle, not having right friction and sliding improperly,getting stuck and killing the codriver sometimes. But than again its just tuning (and that takes time). The system is there and its robust (bullet sdk). Some of it is rare, some of it is much more common. Just understand that it will be better in next few weeks

Damage system

The vehicle can be damaged , however its rather rudimentary and only a placeholder effect. With more advanced underlying tech introduced later.

Driving model

The driving model (sliding and general feel of driving) is again matter of tuning. The underlying system is there and it works well. But it needs more time and dedicated work for the feel to get right. That is a big part of our work on vehicles.

Clipping

Expect a lot of clipping issues with player gear and objects around in the game. It can range from minor to major issues.

Sounds

All sounds are placeholders before we set up a proper recording of v3s.

Persistence

Cars will be persistent in the future (once they are made of parts and repaired). This implementation however focuses more on data gathered from any desync or interaction with network code.

Crashes

Client crashes can happen, and will happen. Be aware that you can run the client with the option of -dologs to create crash dumps that can be attached to feedback issues. If you do encounter them please report and give us as much information as you can.

First one found in Mogilevka..

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4040598 - 11/25/14 12:28 AM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Chris2525 Offline
Chris2525  Offline

Canada
LOL if they're going to have edible human meat they'd better implement a humanity system so you can drop 10,000 humanity points when you eat it.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 / Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz / 8192MB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / TM Warthog / Saitek Pro Fight Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5
#4040637 - 11/25/14 01:50 AM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Good god, people are already eating each other all across Chernarus man ! The funny thing is going to be catching people with human steaks in their inventory and then deciding what to do with them. Clothes and gear strip and then handcuffing will be a start..

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4040698 - 11/25/14 04:34 AM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Ha "Do not meddle in the affairs of bandits for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

I can already see myself..... hey hitch what you eating..... uhhh nothing just steak!

And I for one don't want to see any kind of humanity system in DayZ, mod version was porked and it takes away from the experience of what do you do when you see another player (which for me is shoot on sight anyways).

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4041882 - 11/26/14 10:59 PM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Huey is back

Farmer Joe

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4050711 - 12/15/14 05:41 AM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Week of 08 Dec 14

So here we are, last few weeks of December for the Christmas break. The 0.51 update to stable branch has had enough time to mature and reveal any critical bugfixes that need to be addressed for 0.52. With 0.52, the focus is on issuing bugfixes, incremental systems updates, and several new bits of content. One of the ongoing issues we've been focused on bugfixing with 0.52 is client and server crashes. Having spent a significant amount of time these last few weekends playing on stable branch servers I for one can attest to how frustrating these can be as a player. Especially the server crashes.
In addition, as work on the central economy continues - there have been extensive cases on public hive servers with users abusing bugs to duplicate items. In order to combat this, we'll be taking a two point initiative at the beginning of 2015. Firstly, at the start of the year we will look at performing a wipe of the hive. Next, we will work with our game server provider partners to deploy a system for server operators that continues to allow them access to restarting their servers in the event of unforseen issues, but logs and tracks abusers of this option.

Primary bug-fix focus for 0.52 is on the following issues:

Item duplication
Gunshot sounds
Super-loot spawns
Client crashes upon exit
Server crashes

Now that the programming team has resolved the issues with servers properly pulling the local time from their servers for the in-game clock, I encourage all of you to spend some time surviving during the night time. Get off the coast, go hunting, set up a tent somewhere in the woods and really spend some time experimenting with the "hermit" playstyle. We have a long way to go, but I've personally found the experience very rewarding as of late.

Only a bandit on bandit day.
- Brian Hicks / Lead Producer

Standup Notes for the week of 08 Dec 14
(Note: Standup notes are not a change log - they are a quick high level look at tasks the teams worked on throughout this week)

Art:

• Full length ghillie
• Planting field 3x3
• Animal remains
• High fidelity V3S instrument panel
• Winchester Model 70
• Crafted leather jacket
• Hatchet

Animation:

• Support to new Zombies
• Optics
• Vehicle animations
• Skeletal adjustments for some animals
• Animal animations

Design:

• V3S Praga Bugfixing
• Horticulture extension work
• Silencer configs
• Chainsaw configs
• Cooking script cleanup, bugwork

Programming:

• Critical inventory fixes
• Vehicle physical simulation tweaking
• Silencer support
• Loot distribution redesign/improvements
• Server crash bugfixing
• Vehicle simulation diagnostics / bugfix
• Security vulnerability hotfixes

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4050732 - 12/15/14 06:40 AM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Does loot respawn in stable now? I was thinking of that the other day and couldn't remember if it did or not.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4050956 - 12/15/14 05:38 PM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Charlie_SB Offline
Charlie_SB  Offline

Found a vehicle yesterday, drove it around until it ran out of gas and we sheepishly had to get out in the middle of a town, on main street with zombies all around. It drove much like arma 2 vehicles but you can't honk the horn or steer with the mouse. The visibility is really bad, especially when turning, and the driver and passenger strips down to their underwear while driving (the stuff the code does in this game baffles me).

We then stumbled upon the unluckiest bandit who had setup his tent in the middle of a forest and was there just as we blundered by. We promptly offed him and helped ourselves to no small amount of automatic rifles, ammo and high capacity vests. Good times.

-C-

#4051241 - 12/16/14 02:42 AM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Your whole post sounds like classic Dayz Charlie biggrin Unexplainable glitches followed by killing someone and stealing their sh/t.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4052366 - 12/17/14 11:10 PM Re: Latest status report OCT 6- [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Experimental changelog 0.52.125994

[Mechanic] Suicide is in

GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

[Mechanic] You can now look down scopes in your hands

[Mechanic] F4 is now love instead of the usual middle finger taunt..spread the love.

[Mechanic] You can now make a garden plot anywhere provided it isn't on steep terrain.

[Fix] The gunshot sounds are fixed. [ Confirmed by Eugen Harton [Dev]]

[Spawn] V3S spawn points increased [ Confirmed by Eugen Harton [Dev]]

[Spawn] V3S spawn rate slightly increased [ Confirmed by Eugen Harton [Dev]]

[Spawn] ATLAS Bipod has been re-added to spawn system

[Item] Chainsaw added [ Confirmed by Eugen Harton [Dev]

[Item] Hockey stick

[Item] new PU Scope

[Item] Sword confirmed

[Item] Hunting Knife

[Item] Pumpkin seeds confirmed

[Item] New Flare

[Item] anti-stabest is back

[Item] New empty Zluta Soda can

[Item] blue bomber jacket

[Item] Brown checkered Wool Dress

[Item] new Biege Teddy Bear

[Item] Cooking tripod confirmed

[Item] Pink wool dress

[Item] Tents are now spawning in construction buildings, the ones next to cranes. Further more many users reported that they are also spawning in the police stations

[Item] New texture for painkillers

[Item/ Environment] prison top and green paramedic pants

[Environment] Christmas trees added

Unconfirmed:

Cleaver

Long Sword

Torches

Full ghillie

Lots of new horticulture mechanics

Exiting and entering vehicle animations

You can attach jerry can to vehicle

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.