Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4044065 - 12/01/14 08:16 PM Re: Combat Helo Interview at CombatSim [Re: Wklink]  

You can not understand that for many people the whole DCS simulator is the worst ever, and do not want to have anything to do with it.
You can not understand that conversion to DCS take the next few years.

Someone has his vision simulator, and DCS is the worst choice of its possible.Sorry for those words, because I understand that you are fanboy DCS;)

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4044082 - 12/01/14 08:51 PM Re: Combat Helo Interview at CombatSim [Re: Skoop]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: Skoop
Look, I think you guys are tunneling in to my abrasive delivery of the constructive criticism I'm giving, rather than actually listen to what I'm saying. I'm not wishing anyone one harm, ill will, or spreading toxic behavior.

I'm also not going to sugar coat either or play cheerleader. It's been 15 years since a true apache sim has been released, and an indie 2 man team is working on one. It just baffles me that Dcs is offering an sdk for 3rd party devs to contribute under their umbrella, but these guys choose to start from scratch.

If DCS doesn't provide the environment they want for their vision, it's not hard to understand why they would go a different route.

Quote:
As a sim consumer, it doesn't convey confidence in their plan to bite off such an ambitious undertaking and just work on it in off time since 2009.

Do they need you to be confident? They aren't asking you for money yet, so I'm guessing they don't feel a large need to gain your confidence right now. Perhaps, they are content to wait until such time as they have significant progress, and have a sale-worthy product to offer.

Quote:
If they truely believe in the plan, crowd fund, do 100 dollar early access packages, do something to hire a 10 man team to get this done.

If they do that, then they have to contend with placating/pleasing people who have sunk money into it. As it stands now, if they haven't taken anybody's money, they can do it their own way, on their own timetable. Perhaps they have made a wise choice for their circumstances/priorities.

Quote:
I've seen nothing but blogging and posting.

If they are going to stay with a 2 man team, then Dcs is the logical path. The mig-21 sold for 49.99 bucks on release, that's about what these guys are probaly going to sell their sim for. You guys keep saying we've lost nothing, but we've lost time. Are we going to have to go 10 more years before someone gets an apache sim built ?

Somebody else is free to make an Apache sim, regardless of what the CH devs do, or fail to do.

If the wait is bothering somebody severely, they might want to round up some credible programmers/developers that can work in the DCS World environment, or some other one, and setup the crowd funding, etc.

#4044084 - 12/01/14 08:55 PM Re: Combat Helo Interview at CombatSim [Re: Wklink]  

Btw I think much faster THIS will be released wink

#4044118 - 12/01/14 09:56 PM Re: Combat Helo Interview at CombatSim [Re: Wklink]  
Skoop Offline
Skoop  Offline

Ventura, CalifornIA
Funny you brought that up XIII, because it would make more sense to me if Flex's team made a paid upgrade using EECH than doing what they are doing with 2 guys. When I say paid upgrade, I mean something like WOFF built on to CFS3...like that.

#4044127 - 12/01/14 10:07 PM Re: Combat Helo Interview at CombatSim [Re: Wklink]  

The sad truth is that the Ch never reach the level of eech.I have no doubt about this.EECH now is developing very quickly.
Coming full clickable cockpit mi 24 gunner and pilot , Arneh avionics, and dx9 .

#4045854 - 12/05/14 10:05 AM Re: Combat Helo Interview at CombatSim [Re: Wklink]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
EECH has always had a strong community modifying and adding functionality to existing source code. CH is being developed from the ground up....a big difference with totally different circumstances.

If you have major grievances with being 'scammed' after being made promises AFTER paying for a product and being consistently let down with regards dates, delays and content then I suggest you get in touch with Eagle Dynamics.

On the other side of the coin, Flex has not taken money of anyone, he is free to make decisions on how he goes about development of HIS software/IP and doesn't owe the community anything. There is a big difference in what you and 'Skoop' are trying to portray about CH development and what you seemingly think you are 'entitled' to as nothing but a user/gamer.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4045887 - 12/05/14 11:21 AM Re: Combat Helo Interview at CombatSim [Re: Wklink]  

Paradaz I full agree with your bad opinion of dcs, not only in this thread wink
We will return to the subject in due time;)
Btw first beta(alpha?) apache avionics for eech is released.If you want see how looks terrain following radar on your pc, recommend thread a few posts above.Not everything works, but it looks amazing bananadance

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.