Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4044793 - 12/03/14 10:15 AM F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02  
Dragon_62 Offline
Dragon_62  Offline

Hi

We have finished an USB adapter specially developed for in our opinion one of the best flight sticks already done. the Sumcon SFS. with the product launch, we have included what we have understand more necessary features, but. as the product is full firmware upgradeable. we ask your help, to include in the next firmware release all the features, that you will need, to make this SFS the perfect solution.

In this first firmware, you can pairing the FUSBA (F-15 USB Adapter) with the SFS hardware and SFS Flight controller, also you have a DX button for every switch, and we have include Ant, Range, Radar X/Y analog axes drived by switches in the SFS.

Here you can see a video about the configuration software.
FUSBA configuration software

Hope be helpful to all the people like us who love this hardware.

Dragon
RealSimulator

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4044825 - 12/03/14 12:26 PM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Very nice!

#4045148 - 12/04/14 01:16 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
I would want a way to use the Talon stick instead of the SFS one. The castle hat is essential. I used to have the SFS throttle and Talon stick years ago, and would hunt a pair down again if this adapter supported the Talon.

Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#4045160 - 12/04/14 01:55 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: RogueSqdn]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: RogueSqdn
I would want a way to use the Talon stick instead of the SFS one. The castle hat is essential. I used to have the SFS throttle and Talon stick years ago, and would hunt a pair down again if this adapter supported the Talon.

Yes, I noticed that too, looking at their site... and that capability would be highly advisable for them to add in. I have a Talon to go with my SFS throttle, and that talon not being supported would make me pretty reluctant to drop the amount of money it cost for the adapter.

#4045246 - 12/04/14 08:38 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
Dragon_62 Offline
Dragon_62  Offline

Dear.

Yeah. FUSBA work with this firmware directly and full with the SFS flght contoller, and partially with the Talon, but, important, but. Talon dont send the castle and hat information trougth the game port (at least, we have not found how).

We would love also have the Talon working with FUSBA, if enought people between FUSBA owners and Talon owners are interested like us in this feature, we will love work with this hardware.

Regards
Dragon

#4045366 - 12/04/14 02:45 PM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:

Talon dont send the castle and hat information trougth the game port

Seems that Talon send send only X, Y axis and 4 buttons signals through gameport- what is the Windows gameport limitation. The China and Castle HAT inputs is send as keyboard input (PS2 connector).

A Talon plugged in gameport, but without install Suncom drivers is see as 2 axis, 4 buttons joystick.

Sokol1

#4045701 - 12/04/14 11:59 PM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
NamelessPFG Offline
NamelessPFG  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dragon_62
Yeah. FUSBA work with this firmware directly and full with the SFS flght contoller, and partially with the Talon, but, important, but. Talon dont send the castle and hat information trougth the game port (at least, we have not found how).

That doesn't seem to set the SFS Throttle back any, considering NONE of its output signals are gameport button signals of any kind. I'm guessing the adapter is set to recognize specific keystrokes as outputs for these switches and switch the appropriate DirectInput button.

As things stand, I actually do happen to have a SFS Stick and Throttle combo, but for these things to truly shine, they need to be completely overhauled, original PCBs replaced with new native USB PCBs and extensive physical mods made to add all the missing functionality that the real F-15 HOTAS would have on both stick and throttle.

For starters, a replacement F-15 grip that implements both 5-way switches (or 8-way with click-down if such a switch exists), a dual-stage trigger, a 3-way AACQ switch and the SFS box's paddle switch would go a long way.

The throttle needs fewer mods, but the antenna elevation rotary could be proper analog instead of two-way digital, as could the slew control hat. Too bad there's not exactly room to place a real mil-spec slew control in there due to the throttle-locking mechanism and conventional ALPS microsticks have too much throw, but given your experience with the FSSB products, maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to create a more compact alternative that retains the click-down for designation.

#4045715 - 12/05/14 12:41 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
Ltfransky Offline
Sith Lord
Ltfransky  Offline
Sith Lord

Peterborough, ON, Canada
What he said smile

Last edited by Ltfransky; 12/05/14 12:42 AM. Reason: duplicate thought

Please Heatware Me!

Ours is not to reason why. Ours is to do or die.
Tennyson

I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
Gillespie Magee, RCAF
#4045803 - 12/05/14 07:05 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
Dragon_62 Offline
Dragon_62  Offline

wacky I have understand absolutely nothing nope (I love the emoticons from this site)

With the FUSBA card, you can use the F15 throttle or the combo SFS Shrottle and Stick in native DX, and the actual analog (digitally drived) axes for the radar cursor and antennas work really good, without the necesity to open the grip and include aditional hardware. I feel as well with this control as when use the Cougar radar cursor and the antenna elevation. With the range is less friendly, because you need hold pressed the laser button while press up or down Antenna, but at least you can have the "range" axis for games like falcon. (just as the F15 throttle gip dont have the range control.

Thanks for your reply

#4046361 - 12/06/14 01:10 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
DarKcyde Offline
DarKcyde  Offline

Oh wow. My brother should still have a set of these controllers kicking around. We got the special edition box that came in a wooden crate, you had to get a hammer to pry it open.

Does it support the advanced stick that had 2 hats, or only the default SFS stick that came with the throttle?

#4046520 - 12/06/14 09:03 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
Dragon_62 Offline
Dragon_62  Offline

Hi.

FUSBA was designed to be as easy to install as possible, In this way convert your SFS throttle in my opinion in the one of the best throttles of the world. Its main purpose is the Throttle the work of art of Sumcon

Plus the throttle conversion to USB, FUSBA also have a compatible GamePort,, where you can connect the SFS Stick and work all the switches, because this stick send coded the signals, as well you must be able to connect any other gameport stick to this connector.

In this way FUSBA let you use one of the best hardware throttle in the world with any actual USB computer, and you cna use as Stick any other USB stick or any other gameport stick (connected to the FUSBA gameport)

Of course, if some of the Talon owners, ask for a special adapter to have its Talon Stick working with all the switches send throught the game port, or as a standalone USB let us know. and we will do our best, but this post is for firmware smile2.

I remember ;-) the original idea of this post is: about what you would have included in the next firmware. Maybe some of you dont know this, but after learn of the experience, all our news design, have included a bootloader to make possible to the owner chosse between diferents firmwares, with diferentes features, and this let us, ask to you what do you want, and we can include this as an additional feature a an older firmware, or write a new one to do something special.

For example, a few weeks a go, one of our FSSB_R3 owners, ask about his wish to have a YAW control in his joystick to fly in a space simulator game, StarCitizen, one week later he is testing a new firmware for his FSSB R3 with a special feature to swap between ROLL and YAW axes when he hold pressed pinky. We are waiting his feedback to improve the system, and I hope in a few days, all the R3 owners, will can have this firmware also. In this 2014 the FSSB R3 owners have ask for several improvements in his R3 units, and most of them are today included in several firmwares.

Just for this, you have the oportunity to tell me, what you would like have in the next firmware, and we will do our best to include it. For example, you would like connect in the GAMEPort nto a Joystick but a gameport rudder, the only you need is, say, Hi RealSimualtor, I have FUSBA and I have this rudder pedal, and this rudder send this signal through the game port, please I would like have a firmware with the rudder and brakes included. and in a few weeks, you (and after your test, all the others FUSBA owners) will have a FUSBA with this feature included.

wave2Thanks and wait your news. burnout

#4106208 - 04/14/15 06:43 PM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
Zelman Offline
Zelman  Offline

News from Realsimualtor, now FUSBA is full compatible with Suncon Throttle and SFS, Talon and Eagle sticks, so coolie and castle hats run.

#4149613 - 07/23/15 01:20 AM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Dragon_62]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
A hidden detail about FUSBA, to use the Suncom F-15 Talon or Eagle joystick is required a PS/2 connection in the computer (dont know if PS/2 to USB adapter work...) and a PS/2 keyboard to program the memory slot in the joystick.
What can be a issue in this "USB days"...

http://www.realsimulator.com/FUSBA_stick_programming.pdf

#4388492 - 11/06/17 07:32 PM Re: F-15 SFS usb adapter wish list for firmware 1.02 [Re: Sokol1]  
Zelman Offline
Zelman  Offline

Originally Posted by Sokol1
A hidden detail about FUSBA, to use the Suncom F-15 Talon or Eagle joystick is required a PS/2 connection in the computer (dont know if PS/2 to USB adapter work...) and a PS/2 keyboard to program the memory slot in the joystick.

This information is not fully true. To use Suncom F-15 Talon or Eagle joystick with FUSBA is not required a PS/2 connection in the computer, only it is necessary an USB connector.

You only need the PS/2 keyboard to program the memory slot in the joystick, around 10 minutes. Once the slot is programmed, the keyboard is not necessary.

If your game's computer doesn't have a PS/2 connection for keyboard (..... and you don't have other computer with this connector, ...... or a friend with a computer with it ) you can solve the problem buying an USB to PS/2 adapter for $5.98 (www.amazon.com/UCEC-Mouse-Keyboard-Converter-Cable )

Regards

Zelman

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.