Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29
#4080132 - 02/17/15 06:16 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! ***** [Re: Olham]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Olham
He landed from the hangar end of the airfield and rolled all to the other end, that's why.

Yup, I got that. But when he switched off his engine, he was sitting amongst other Albatri which, at first glance, made it looked like the parking area was a considerable distance from the hangars. In all the pictures and films I've seen of WWI, fighter planes were parked close to hangars. In WW2, (and especially with bombers) the crews were ferried out to the plane by car.

Robert: were you the last to land? Were those other planes your mates on the mission?

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
#4080180 - 02/17/15 07:24 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hauksbee]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Hauksbee
He landed from the hangar end of the airfield and rolled all to the other end, that's why.

Yup, I got that. But when he switched off his engine, he was sitting amongst other Albatri which, at first glance, made it looked like the parking area was a considerable distance from the hangars. In all the pictures and films I've seen of WWI, fighter planes were parked close to hangars. In WW2, (and especially with bombers) the crews were ferried out to the plane by car.

Robert: were you the last to land? Were those other planes your mates on the mission?

They were my mates and I was looking over my shoulder because one of the flight members can be seen in the diztance coming in to land. He was the lazt one. Becuse of tbe direction to land. I suspect all craft would have to be taxied back to the hangars. I might try leading a flight and land parallel to the hangars to see if my mates follow.

In most airfields you land parallel to the hangars.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4080197 - 02/17/15 07:51 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
I might try leading a flight and land parallel to the hangars to see if my mates follow.

They won't. I did a landing where the roll-out ended at the hangars.
My flight mates still curved around the whole field and landed from the sugar factory side.
It seems to be coded one way - or could it be depending on the wind direction?

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4081469 - 02/20/15 05:31 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hellshade]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

15 Mar 1917 @ 10h15 Patrol behind enemy front lines west of St. Quentin at Roupy airfield.

Gontermann lead the flight with myself, Hertz, and Nathanael accompanying. “A” flight sent Berr, Schneider, Theiller, Sturm, Bussing and Joos to assist. Wind was 8 kn from the WSW, and we had heavy storm cumulous with lightening. We climbed to 13,900 ft. and as we reached Etang de Bihecourt, Gontermann signalled engine trouble and left the flight turning home. I was now leading the flight and we carried on successfully completing the mission with no encounters with enemy craft. All Alb’s landed safely at Boistrancourt except for Gontermann who had a forced landing on our side of the lines, resulting in 3 days worth of repairs necessary to his craft.

YouTube Video:

(System_Specs)

#4081562 - 02/20/15 10:09 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Robert: Your last two missions with Jasta 5 have been masterpieces of color and moody weather. I used to love RoF for its color and sunny weather, but WOFF II has turned me around completely. So I pulled a few screen caps.of your mission, and two more for Lou's Boistrancourt Scrap Book.

I love the smell of Albatri in the morning...

On the hunt...

On final approach...

BOISTRANCOURT_01

BOISTRANCOURT_02

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
#4081565 - 02/20/15 10:20 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hellshade]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Hauksbee, are you using a landscape mod that is causing the landing strip to be cut up by plowed fields? The mod should be looking like this for you:

Just curious. BTW, great screenies!

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4081568 - 02/20/15 10:28 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hellshade]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

I just noticed that in Robert's video the same issue is seen, (nice video though regardless of this little glitch).

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4081577 - 02/20/15 11:08 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hauksbee]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

I love the smell of Albatri in the morning...

You are a good man, Hauksbee!
Come and join Jasta 5 at Boistrancourt - there will always be an Albatros for you, my friend!

#4081590 - 02/20/15 11:57 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hellshade]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lou;

I suspect the screen capture you show needs more contrast. My vids and Hauksbee's screen caps are bang on with no mods to the fields.
If you look very closely in your screen cap you will see the same lines separating the fields but they are more subtle in yours.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sir! I am told I am often wrong! biggrin

(System_Specs)

#4081596 - 02/21/15 12:27 AM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Olham]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
You are a good man, Hauksbee! Come and join Jasta 5 at Boistrancourt - there will always be an Albatros for you, my friend!

Thank you, Olham. I thought that would amuse an old Albatros driver like yourself. I must do a re-install of WOFF II so I get my Albatros skins back...and finish the Gmax texturing for the last details of Boistrancourt for Lou. I have been itching to do some flying with the Green Tails of Jasta 5.

Last edited by Hauksbee; 02/21/15 12:28 AM.

#4081598 - 02/21/15 12:35 AM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
Hauksbee, are you using a landscape mod that is causing the landing strip to be cut up by plowed fields?

It wasn't my mission, Lou. I took these shots from the last two videos Robert posted. All I have installed is the Boistrancourt Mod you sent me...and which I have not visited for quite some time now since all my Albatri are buck-nekkid, bone-china white. 'Must take care of that.

#4081631 - 02/21/15 02:12 AM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord
Lou;

I suspect the screen capture you show needs more contrast. My vids and Hauksbee's screen caps are bang on with no mods to the fields.
If you look very closely in your screen cap you will see the same lines separating the fields but they are more subtle in yours.

I'm afraid I must correct you Robert, it has nothing to do with contrast. I know there are no fields showing on the landing strip in the mod as I have an entire second facility acting as the field extension that completely 'paints' out the landscape beneath it and adds the roads to either side of the field. It looks like you might be missing the files for the field extension.

[Linked Image]

#4081642 - 02/21/15 02:50 AM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hauksbee]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord
Hauksbee, are you using a landscape mod that is causing the landing strip to be cut up by plowed fields?

It wasn't my mission, Lou. I took these shots from the last two videos Robert posted. All I have installed is the Boistrancourt Mod you sent me...and which I have not visited for quite some time now since all my Albatri are buck-nekkid, bone-china white. 'Must take care of that.

Too bad about those missing Alb skins Hauksbee. I suppose you are looking at a complete re-install at this point?

[Linked Image]

#4081657 - 02/21/15 04:12 AM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Too bad about those missing Alb skins Hauksbee. I suppose you are looking at a complete re-install at this point?

Yes, looks that way. I have saved all my zipped downloads in a WOFF file. 'Was looking through them tonight. I have "WingsOverFlandersFieldsPhase4_Expansion_to_V2.00". Pol has said that unzipping that and running it should overwrite the current files.

#4081664 - 02/21/15 04:40 AM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lou;

I'm afraid I must correct you Robert, it has nothing to do with contrast. I know there are no fields showing on the landing strip in the mod as I have an entire second facility acting as the field extension that completely 'paints' out the landscape beneath it and adds the roads to either side of the field. It looks like you might be missing the files for the field extension.

Ok Lou. Is there a newer version I can download for the missing files? I always thought the field looked rather strange.

(System_Specs)

#4081722 - 02/21/15 12:54 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hellshade]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Robert, you have mail Sir.

[Linked Image]

#4081728 - 02/21/15 01:11 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

Robert, you have mail Sir.

Thanks Sir! I will work on that later today.

(System_Specs)

#4081876 - 02/21/15 09:08 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hellshade]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Robert, your last video still had your airfield divided into farm fields.
I hope Lou's latest help will supply you with the right version now.
Here's a video, in which I fly over the airfield in the beginning.

The video is about Jasta 5's latest clash with Sopwith Strutter.
I had thought, only the British Strutters were extremely aggressive - but no;
these guys were French, and they came after us as if they were flying Camels!

#4081941 - 02/21/15 10:59 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Olham]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Robert, your last video still had your airfield divided into farm fields.
I hope Lou's latest help will supply you with the right version now.
Here's a video, in which I fly over the airfield in the beginning.

The video is about Jasta 5's latest clash with Sopwith Strutter.
I had thought, only the British Strutters were extremely aggressive - but no;
these guys were French, and they came after us as if they were flying Camels!

Excellent Vid Olham. Those skies were dangerous and some close calls with your mates as well. I thought the combat would never end.
I saw the airfield. Thanks for posting.

(System_Specs)

#4081951 - 02/21/15 11:29 PM Re: WOFF V2 Videos thread - Post em here! [Re: Hellshade]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Thought I might try my hand at a movie. Squadron Commander Rufus Taylor, 55 hours, 71 missions. Wish he was my DID pilot!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again