Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
#4038534 - 11/20/14 06:15 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: Polovski
Duke- the download file size should be approx 750MB.

Thanks guys.

Looking forward to being able to push the button and starting the download.

Is the official title of the expansion "V2.0"?

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4038551 - 11/20/14 06:42 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Please wait until I get back home from work tomorrow, then you may release it. smile

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4038570 - 11/20/14 07:12 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: AceMedic88]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Originally Posted By: CaNy_Ace88
To me, IMHO, if there's a price set, the release will soon follow lol

Don't tell the people who got Duke Nukem Forever preorders that! You're likely to get popped in the nose! mycomputer rofl

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4038576 - 11/20/14 07:23 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Thanks Pol!
750 is quite doable.
I am ready to go. Even got a blank CD ready to burn the copy.
Now if only the g/f would go visit her mom my weekend would be complete.

#4038588 - 11/20/14 07:58 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
This weekend isn't as free as last weekend was for me, but there's always late nights and wee early hours of the morning! charge

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4038591 - 11/20/14 08:06 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

If I was asked a month ago to choose the worst release date for me, that would have been, yes, exactly, THIS WEEKEND,... sigh Anyway, I may skip entering the forums for a week or so not to die of envy with your appraises and comments ("you know, "downloading!!" and such wink ).

Good times for ww1 simmers huh?

#4038603 - 11/20/14 08:55 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

The official title isn't v2.0, it's simply WOFF EXPANSION and we will indicate it updates/upgrades WOFF v1.0 to v.2.0.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4038668 - 11/20/14 11:00 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Winding Man]  
SirMike1983 Offline
SirMike1983  Offline

Originally Posted By: Winding Man
[quote=Russkly][quote=Winding Man]
Buy it or dont is all I can say plus what we sell works and gives you what it says on the box and more - unlike a lot of entertainment software out there.

I consider the support and small fixes in the wake of the release along with the initial product as part of what you get when you buy. No one can argue that the WOFF release and many following patches were anything less than really good tech support. The program worked well overall, and those things that did not work were fixed.

You're not just getting the original product, but I am fairly confident that when something does not work as intended, it will be fixed relatively quickly. I think for $45, all that is fair.

#4038677 - 11/20/14 11:30 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Yes yes, the best thing is that it works, hadn't had a crash so far yet lol.

#4038687 - 11/20/14 11:56 PM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
MajorMagee Offline
MajorMagee  Offline

Dayton, OH
Newsletter, what newsletter?

Service To The Line,
On The Line,
On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.
#4038705 - 11/21/14 12:48 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
+1 on the support side of things.

1) The Dev's are on here constantly answering tech questions, giving advice, and explaining the design phliosophy behind features, etc. even my (sometimes stupid) questions are handled in a professional manner. I don't see that in too many other forums - if any.

2) When I first got WOFF I still had my old computer that did not meet WOFF minimum requirements in two areas and I couldn't get it to run. I contacted OBD and instead of telling me to drop dead because my system stank the Dev's put on their tech support hats (Pol at first then WM IIRC) and we exchanged e-mails for a couple of hours like I was their only customer in the world. And since it was morning here God knows what time it was on their end. I forget exactly what the problem was but it turned out to be my issue and not a WOFF one and I finally got it working.

These are the kinda of things people tend to forget when they quack about a price.

#4038723 - 11/21/14 01:42 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
Here is a quick copy paste of the newsletter.It is missing the pics that are in the newsletter bvut it does outline whats coming in 2.0.

An Epic, Thoroughly Immersive WWI flight simulator

Wings: Over Flanders Fields
Newsletter 8 - November 2014

Gotha IV in evening light

Welcome fellow World War One Aviation fans!

Today we wish to let you know of a special event for WOFF users smile

Coming very soon the ....

WOFF EXPANSION PACK!

Searchlights over Paris, England and more. Get caught and they will try to track you!

Feature highlights include:

Expanded Theatre:
Terror Over England!

- Fly Home Defence in England - defend your country against incoming Zeppelin and Gotha Raids!

- Or attack England from a choice of the Gotha IV Equipped Bosta squadrons in Europe.

Improved Cliffs of Dover and Sea

Many new features for DX9 (Direct-X 9) rendering with options now built in via workshops to create dynamic self -shadowing of aircraft, dynamic ground shadows for ground objects, cloud shadows - all varying with the sun angle and moon.

See trees cast their long shadow across the fields at sunset and sunrise and more!

DX9 Terrain Bump mapping and Improved Sea rendering. Lighting and sea states will vary with the weather!

Revised and improved Cliffs of Dover Geographic terrain models!
These also work well with the new lighting and look great in the rain in a choppy sea.

Expanded Campaign Features:

- New Advance Time by a day, a week, or month to allow your squad to recover.

- Leave Request now implemented - now your pilot can take a well earned leave of
48 hours or 5 days if your pilot is eligible.

Sunset shows new ground shadowing

- New Workshops settings: Encounters - High or Realistic to tweak the chances of encounters for those that want it.

- Claims System Revisions:
Workshops Setting Claims and Promotions revised, now you won't be prompted to claim or told if you have a kill for more realism. However you can still set it to prompt you if you prefer, or bypass it completely and be awarded all kills automatically.

- New: Night activity implemented in England to reflect actual night activity in WW1. Home Defence variants and the Gotha now have new cockpit lights for those lonely dark nights in the sky!

- Time Advance to next Historical Date if the player is in a region where historical missions are taking place (such as England Home defence for example).

Plus more, some examples;

New external Camera "Field of View" now settable in workshops (DX9 shader enabled) to allow more natural views and screenshots.

Improved night effects, including new Searchlights

Many other improvements such as additional targets for long range bombing activity implemented in England and France.

All British French and German Squads overhauled to include for more historical craft.

Revised AI morale factors to reduce 'fight to the death' scenarios even more, and to encourage better self preservation.

Increased wind buffeting effects for player and AI craft, more bobbing!

Some Terrain revisions and improvements.

'Newly planted Growing crops' terrain now implemented in Spring - England and Europe.

Distant Dots (of Aircraft) improved to more accurately resemble 'specks' in the distance with subtle colour change.

BE2C Home Defence showing new cockpit lighting to aid hunting night time enemies!.

Expanded set of aircraft. 7 Flyable Machines and 2 Zeppelin types (AI only), and associated Squadrons to ensure comprehensive campaign usage:

Gotha GIV
Aviatik BI
Aviatik BII
Fokker EIV (Twin Machine gun version!)
Halberstadt DIII (Argus Engine)
BE12 HD (Home Defence) with its ability to carry rockets.
BE2c HD (Home Defence) fitted with Lewis over the wing.

and these AI only targets!

Zeppelin R type (AI only currently)
Zeppelin P type (AI only currently)

In total 9 additional Aircraft are included in the Expansion

WOFF EXPANSION PACK
will upgrade your WOFF v1.0 or 1.26 up to v2.0.

WOFF EXPANSION PACK will be available for $45 + taxes.

NOTE:
You will need to have purchased and installed WOFF v.1.0 before you can use the WOFF EXPANSION PACK.

Please check our www.overflanderfields.com in the coming days for more details and availability.

Want more? You can also see more screenshots posted in a v.2.0 screenshot thread at our SIMHQ forum, now several pages long!

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 11/21/14 01:42 AM.
#4038749 - 11/21/14 03:03 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Octavious Offline
Octavious  Offline

Not going to lie, I'm very bummed about the pricing. I was expecting 35 at most. frown Wish the best of luck, but I'll be holding out for now. I seriously think you would make more selling it at 35, but that's not up to me and I totally understand the amount of work that went into this.

#4038766 - 11/21/14 04:31 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Octavious]  
Ebukin Offline
Ebukin  Offline

Russia
Dear Octavious, all I do all my life is sales and believe me if dev's team will lower to 35, people will sye it is too much, will lower to 20 people will say I have better idea where to spend them, 5 and you will find people who will say yes it is a good price, but my credit card is in other room and I don’t want to go so I will not buy. First of all by telling that dev's team work does not cost as they ask, you just do not respect what they are doing, so may be you just need to find another game that you will respect more? Second, I see so many complains about 45 dollars, what are the salaries around the world? 60 dollars per month? I am from Russia where salaries are not as big as in US, EU or Canada and believe me all people from Russia who are in this community will buy it 45 dollars in first 10 min as the V2.0 will come out no matter what is budget situation they have, because as I wrote before love does not have a price tag. People please just stop this topic about price, you do not have money just do not talk about it and go find a better job, please do not insult dev's team that what they do does not cost 45 miserable dollars, what they have done is priceless and made a dream come true about perfect WWI sim.

P.S. If you really can not afford it send me your paypal account and I will send you 10 dollars that you miss in order to buy V2.0 it will be my Christmas gift for you Octavious

#4038771 - 11/21/14 04:45 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Octavious Offline
Octavious  Offline

Ummm just for the record I work in software development. I know firsthand how much work they have put into this. And I know that I personally think the price is off. I can swing the price, but I don't think at this point it's worth it. That's a personal choice. The fact that pretty much everything they have released has had similar reception should be a hint that maybe they should take a look at their pricing structure. That said they have a view at what they are making and I could be totally off base. Shrug...

Wish the team the best of luck. Seriously..

Cheers...

#4038778 - 11/21/14 04:57 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
RamblingSid Offline
RamblingSid  Offline

NSW, Australia
You know, maybe I shouldn't paste in haste,

hell with it.

You folks who can't stump up the $ and whine abt it are
simply disrespecting all the hard work OBD has put in
over the years, insinuating that that it isn't worth
your hard earned. Talk is cheap.

Pol, how you guys put up with this BS...

Not bothering with this thread any more.

#4038793 - 11/21/14 06:11 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
Well....my 2 €cents.

just looking at the plane list would of been close to $90 if I bought them in the "other" Sim, and way back I would of too. Infact I don't fly that other Sim anymore because I find this one, campaign wise, much better, and the forum here to be better as well.

Too be honest, the expansion was sort of expected as freeware, at least thats what I read between the lines, until some said that they would be willing to pay for this. And also to be honest, I didn't buy the skin pack etc..till they were reduced, but that took about 2 yrs of waiting. If my wife didnt have access to the bank account I would of bought them long ago. But in the end, even if one has to wait a while to scrape up the cash, I will be getting the expansion as I love this Sim and the ww1 era flying. One day I will be able to talk the wife into letting me buy a real computer, in a few years maybe, and this Sim will be even more enjoyable.

I know that the Devs will be supporting this version as bugs etc are found and that is good. Hell, I'll just have to reduce (not quit) drinking beer for 2months to pay for this.....and I will.

danke

Last edited by lederhosen; 11/21/14 06:12 AM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4038795 - 11/21/14 06:33 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
gecko Offline
gecko  Offline

The man hours the devs put in for this are worth more than what they will make on it, almost for sure. I like free stuff as much as the next guy, but I think all the freeware available online has given us a very misplaced sense of entitlement. OBD does not do freeware, they're a business and the devs rely on it to various extents for their income. It's silly and rather presumptuous that we should expect them to work for free. Compared to the crap out there that sells for $60+, $45 is not unreasonable for what we all know will be a quality product. I'll be buying it as soon as I can afford it.

#4038805 - 11/21/14 08:08 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
Broadside_Uda_Barn Offline
Broadside_Uda_Barn  Offline

Honolulu, HI
Hrm. Guess I'll chime in on this as well, though I dont often post here anymore.

I backed Elite, and am happy I did so, for $150.
I am backing Star Citizen for $200, and not so happy that I did so, since I STILL cant use my SWFF2 or X52pro in the beta.

I havent played WoFF for 8 months or so, just not that interested in it lately. However, the campaign AI is absolutely excellent, and when I get some time, I hope to fly a bit more.
I dont think the additions are worth $45, to be honest. An expansion pack should be priced below $30 in my opinion.

However, I think the work of supporting what is added is well worth any extra money....and that's the thing.
This sim plans to be around for another decade, and that has value for you, the end user.
I saw a post by shredward that they hope to be updating this product for another 10 years.
That's the kind of devotion to a product that I want to see in a sim that I will support.
If that's true, perhaps there will be 2 or 3 more updates around $50 in the next 10 years.
What that provides is an amazing product worth supporting. Not just content, but also augmentations, and support.

The reality is that modern sims (not that the CFS3 engine is modern, but bear with me on this) and games are going to cost more than the sims/games of the 90s.
They dont necessarily offer more, but because of the variety and composition of modern PCs, they require more work to make sure that things work well. The days of the $30 xpac are over, as much as I wish they werent. The days of self publishing are here....and that is a good thing (better products, released in better condition, with the majority of the profit for the developers).

It really comes down to: You get what you pay for.

AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
#4038809 - 11/21/14 08:37 AM Re: November Newsletter dispatched! [Re: Polovski]  
LowDrag Offline
LowDrag  Offline

Will buy it when it's out! Always loved this sim and am looking forward for the improvements. It's a long time relationship with a great sim and a great team, OBD, and their support and passion is unmatched and certainly worth every penny!

By the way, was missing Zeppelin hunt since the original Red Baron aswell...

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM